PDA

View Full Version : Question to (ex)Int and (ex)Gold and other ex-staff: Do the protests change anything?

knn
18th April 2009, 02:04 AM
I have a question to all (ex)Staff, especially to ex-Int staff:

When there are protests outside of the facilities... does the staff somehow discuss "what's going on"? Do the demonstrations and protests have any pressurizing effect at all?

Good twin
18th April 2009, 02:05 AM
Yes.:yes:

degraded being
18th April 2009, 07:16 AM
Were you ever on staff Knn? Solly I fink you have already mentioned somewhere that you were on were not, but I am forgot.

Anyway, OSA is ALWAYS concerned with people publicly drawing negative attention to the cult. There is no such things as "just ignore it." The perpertraitors have to be "terminatedly" handled. That word "terminatedly" starts getting usage when the out-PR situation is ongoing.

In order to ensure that pressure is actually caused, the Brilliant would be saviour of our planet, and mankind's greatest friend:) Dr L. Ron Hubbard
set up a system of stats. One's survival in the religion of Scientology is directly affected on a daily basis by the stats. In this case the stats of dealing with out PR. So a little bit of tardiness or individual difference of opinion with mankind's greatest friend is not allowed to creep into everday business. The stats control things nicely there.:) Take a bow Dr. L. Ron Hubbart.

Your question is amazingly disingenuous for someone who has probably seen the negative media coverage on Hubtits kult. But maybe you just want to see if people's ideas are similar to your own.

knn
18th April 2009, 01:29 PM
I simply want to know what makes the staff DISCUSS and how to tweak the banner statements to have the greatest effect on staff.

Mrs Pattycake
18th April 2009, 02:10 PM
I think it is a good question - for any recent ex- staff .
As an ex-public and recent OTVII comp the protests did make a difference to me. The banners about Mike Rinder were of interest to hubby and I - but that is old news now - so it would be interesting to know what is having an effect on those who have just recently left.

Good twin
18th April 2009, 02:25 PM
It almost doesn't matter what the message is as long as there is something going on. Of course it is better if the protesters seem to be having fun rather than just being creepy. Also if they mock the beliefs of the members it makes them easier to reject. But of they just point out common abuses, it would be of more interest to the staff.

Before I left I used to get critical mail. I carefully sent it to my closest OSA office being very careful not to touch it. It was a strange ritual. But I did look at it and sometimes the message caught my eye. (even when I tried to forget)
When I decided to let myself look, the only thing I could remember was the word "Lermanet". It turned out to be extremely valuable to me.

If all you post on the signs is the WEB links it will have an impact. No matter how much Scientologists are told the certain information will harm them, they are for the most part "information junkies". They are there because they want to know how to know. They think they can handle it and will be able to handle what others can't. Eventually they will look. They can't resist the temptation to know what is going on.

Of course this is just my opinion, but it is based on over 30 years experience in the cult dealing with staff and public at all levels.

Alanzo
18th April 2009, 02:54 PM
I would think that two big signs, big enough for two or three people to hold on to each of them, which say:

DAVID MISCAVIGE BEATS HIS STAFF

and

SCIENTOLOGY FORCES SEA ORG WOMEN TO HAVE ABORTIONS

would create quite an impact on Gold staff.

And then, when he loses his lawsuit to the Headleys, rumors will trickle around to the staff as to why he lost it.

And they will remember the protesters.

AnonOrange
18th April 2009, 05:52 PM
The OP's question is very important to us. I don't believe there has been anyone blow from Gold (and who has been vocal) during the last 8 months or so. (The first anon protest at Gold was Sep. 08)

It's now more difficult than ever to blow from Gold. Even voting is done on base and the appts in Hemet are closed. Everybody is stuck at Gold.

I'm trying everything I can to cause an investigation of the place and we need to step out efforts that way. Even for a water quality investigation, the cult is scutinized and it helps.

HolyCow
18th April 2009, 06:21 PM
How about signs: "We'll take off our face masks, if you'll take off your Internet 'filters'"!
The internet is Scn's pandora box.
and "Why does Co$ dictate what members can see on Internet? :yes: I think that one would impinge on non-Scn's as well.

byte301
18th April 2009, 07:22 PM
Most of our scilons won't even look at us, but in the rare event they do we have some special signs for them. "Mike Rinder Blew, So Can You" is one.

I am much more focused on informing the public with signs calling scientology a cult, etc. The more people know the less likely they would ever get involved with scientology.

With no raw meat coming in scientology will die of atrition leaving the remaining members no choice in the matter.

fishdaddy
18th April 2009, 08:10 PM
I was at the Base during the Keith Henson protests. Basically, when a protester appears, the Base goes on lockdown, No one is allowed outside, no one can travel between buildings, everyone just huddles inside and waits for the "all clear." The reason given is that they are told that the protesters have signs with "squirrel OT III material" on them and are shouting things from "squirrel OT III materials." So staff takes great pains not to look, not to listen. And execs take great pains to prevent staff from having ANY contact with protesters.

I am sure these days that they also add that the Anons pose a physical threat, and they scare the staff into staying inside and out of sight as they "might be attacked."

If the protesters stay for any length of time, then schedules are majorly disrupted. People cannot go to meals, can't go to study, and basically have to stay in their offices and out of sight.

The average staff member will not see the signs. But Security and OSA and "Port Captains Office" may. If I could give any advice I would say concentrate on the abuse. The hours, the pay, the abuse, the beatings. This will resonate with staff. They KNOW this is going on. Forget the Xenu stuff - just reinforces their paranoia that protesters are "exposing the OT III material."

I thought the balloon was brilliant.

Promoting the key websites and phone numbers is good.

Letting them know they have friends on the outside is good.

Visibly having fun is good.

Just showing up is vital.

You are having far more impact than you can imagine.

Jeff

Telepathetic
18th April 2009, 10:30 PM
I was at the Base during the Keith Henson protests. Basically, when a protester appears, the Base goes on lockdown, No one is allowed outside, no one can travel between buildings, everyone just huddles inside and waits for the "all clear." The reason given is that they are told that the protesters have signs with "squirrel OT III material" on them and are shouting things from "squirrel OT III materials." So staff takes great pains not to look, not to listen. And execs take great pains to prevent staff from having ANY contact with protesters.

I am sure these days that they also add that the Anons pose a physical threat, and they scare the staff into staying inside and out of sight as they "might be attacked."

If the protesters stay for any length of time, then schedules are majorly disrupted. People cannot go to meals, can't go to study, and basically have to stay in their offices and out of sight.

The average staff member will not see the signs. But Security and OSA and "Port Captains Office" may. If I could give any advice I would say concentrate on the abuse. The hours, the pay, the abuse, the beatings. This will resonate with staff. They KNOW this is going on. Forget the Xenu stuff - just reinforces their paranoia that protesters are "exposing the OT III material."

I thought the balloon was brilliant.

Promoting the key websites and phone numbers is good.

Letting them know they have friends on the outside is good.

Visibly having fun is good.

Just showing up is vital.

You are having far more impact than you can imagine.

Jeff

I hope Anons take note of this post:thumbsup:

TP

Ralph Hilton
18th April 2009, 11:59 PM
One of the highest crimes in Scientology is squirreling. I'd suggest signs like:

Where are the HCOBs on GAT?

What happened to the Non-Interference Zone?

LRH said training should be fast!

200 tapes before you start auditor training! That isn't LRH tech!

Where did LRH say you should donate for no service?

LRH said Super Power would be released in 1978!

knn
19th April 2009, 12:10 AM
One of the highest crimes in Scientology is squirreling. I'd suggest signs like:

Where are the HCOBs on GAT?

What happened to the Non-Interference Zone?

LRH said training should be fast!

200 tapes before you start auditor training! That isn't LRH tech!

Where did LRH say you should donate for no service?

LRH said Super Power would be released in 1978!

Exactly! I LOVE picket signs that cannot be explained away easily and are actually pointing to out-tech/out-admin.

At
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=222799#post222799
I also suggested
"Show me the HCOB that cancels the old OT levels"