PDA

View Full Version : "Chef" from South Park

James21
10th July 2009, 09:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, is Isaac Hayes still a part of the church? I heard he joined the church a while back, and wondered if he was still a member.

DCAnon
10th July 2009, 09:29 PM
He was, but he died in August 2008 amid rumors he was not appropriately medicated for health conditions due to his Scientology beliefs. He didn't leave a cent to the CoS. :3

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401321,00.html

Carnivale
10th July 2009, 09:53 PM
He was, but he died in August 2008 amid rumors he was not appropriately medicated for health conditions due to his Scientology beliefs. He didn't leave a cent to the CoS. :3

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401321,00.html

Well...maybe when he gets a new meat body, he will be a member again ;)

AnonOrange
11th July 2009, 01:07 AM
Isaac Hayes had a stroke and during this time, some Scilons drafted a letter to Comedy Central (South Park), stating that he was resigning from the show (they were trying everything they could to block the scientology episode, including Tom Cruise politics with Viacom).

Later Isaac said that to Matt Stone & Trey Parker that he didn't want to resign, which they confirmed it on the Stern radio show.

Isaac died while on a treadmill, while doing some kind of purif. It's my understanding, from what I read after the tragedy that people with strokes should only do light exercises. Pumping up the blood pressure can cause another anurism.

Lohan2008
11th July 2009, 01:47 AM
Isaac Hayes had a stroke and during this time, some Scilons drafted a letter to Comedy Central (South Park), stating that he was resigning from the show (they were trying everything they could to block the scientology episode, including Tom Cruise politics with Viacom).

Isaac died while on a treadmill, while doing some kind of purif. It's my understanding, from what I read after the tragedy that people with strokes should only do light exercises. Pumping up the blood pressure can cause another anurism.

What AO said...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chocolate_Salty_Balls.jpg

Gus
28th July 2009, 09:36 AM

Later Isaac said that to Matt Stone & Trey Parker that he didn't want to resign, which they confirmed it on the Stern radio show.

This is a real rant, but please read it. There is a point about Isaac here.

Having personally seen the effects of a stroke in more than one person I know, I am quite familiar with the devastation they can cause. A stroke is the same thing as a heart attack, but it occurs in the brain. Simply Put: There are different kinds, but common is plaque from an artery breaks loose (often pushed by high blood pressure) and lodges farther down the path, somewhere in the brain. This cuts off blood flow to a part of the brain, and that part dies. Its effects depend on where the blood flow is cut from and what part of the brain dies.

Stroke can affect vision, memory, movement (on one side of the body), in very startling and devastating ways. This is why your doctor tells you to lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood pressure. And black men are particularly susceptible to hypertension (high blood pressure), so if you are black, your doctor will really be on your case. They're not just screwing with you - they don't want you to have a stroke, or its related condition a heart attack. As a longtime (but now former) Scientologist, I'm telling you, fuck the "church" on this one and see an MD, not your bloody chiropractor or naturopath.

One of the people I knew not only could not see to the right of his nose/centerline, but he was completely unaware of anything on his right side. He dressed his left leg and left arm only. He ate from the left side of his plate only - divided right down the center - the left side of his plate was clean, and the right side was full of food, and he thought his plate was empty. If you stood on his right side and spoke to him, he thought you were a ghost - you didn't exist, but he could hear your voice. You couldn't tell him to look to his right, because "right" didn't exist anymore. Strokes can be very serious and devastating.

Some recovery is possible, but the person in most cases will never be the same, and it can take months or years for any improvement.

Proper treatment includes medicine to reduce material in the arteries and especially blood pressure reducing medicine. Lipitor is very effective for the arteries - that is why you hear so much about it these days.

If you do not get medical treatment, odds are extremely high that you will have more strokes. One of those strokes will finally kill you, but you will be so out of it you won't know better anyway, like Alzheimer's. One of the people I knew (Scientologist) would not go to a medical doctor, and he died from a further series of strokes. I kept telling him, but he wouldn't get proper treatment.

Sorry to pontificate here, but strokes are very serious, and they make people helpless and not themselves. It's very painful for the person, and for that person's loved ones. One day someone you've known for years wakes up and can't feed himself, walk, drive a car...

Back to the point: Isaac was in no condition to quit anything after he had his stroke. He was certainly in no condition to write that perfectly parsed PR bullshit statement that he supposedly wrote. It was obviously written by his "handlers."

That Scientology would use Isaac's, or anybody's, disability to put words in his mouth to promote their own agenda absolutely makes me want to puke. It is appalling.

I _will not_ associate with people who would do such a thing.

It was the final straw for me.

Gus.

Voltaire's Child
30th July 2009, 07:54 AM
I had heard that he begged the church to let him stay on South Park, even pledged to give the church all his earnings from that one episode that really pissed them off. They insisted. I think they broke his heart and that's why he died. I think people can die from that.

supafreak
31st July 2009, 01:18 AM
Wow, I hadn't heard that COS pressured Hayes to leave South Park. I loved Chef.

AnonOrange
31st July 2009, 01:26 AM
As a longtime (but now former) Scientologist, I'm telling you, fuck the "church" on this one and see an MD, not your bloody chiropractor or naturopath.

Loved your post, particularly ^This^ part. You sir/mam are definitely out. :thumbsup:

Gus
9th September 2009, 07:50 AM
Loved your post, particularly ^This^ part. You sir/mam are definitely out. :thumbsup:

Hi, Anon-O...

I guess I've been out for a while, but I finally admitted it. To myself, at least.

Gus

pollywannacracker
10th September 2009, 07:17 PM
I just read this thread for the first time and I am utterly SHOCKED! :omg:

I had no idea that the church was behind IH's resignation from Southpark! I loved that show!!!!! (Especially the episode with TC since I was unofficially out at that time).

Words cannot express my disappointment that the church is so shallow as to think only of themselves. So much for the eight dynamics as they only seem to think of themselves and their group survival. :angry:

They just sunk to another new low in my book! :yes:

Voltaire's Child
10th September 2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, it is shocking and it's my speculation that it led to his death. That is only my speculation but I am mindful of the "died of a broken heart" situation and believe that this truly does happen sometimes.

pollywannacracker
14th September 2009, 08:14 PM
"Dying of a broken heart" can certainly happen.

My grandmother passed was in reasonably good health at the age of 80 and passed away six or seven days after the passing of her husband. She had told my dad that she didn't want to live without him. :bigcry:

Voltaire's Child
15th September 2009, 03:40 AM
My folks died within 7 months of each other- same thing, I think. One friend of mine has a slightly different outlook on those situations where one spouse or lover dies soon after the other one. He thought that seeing the first person go could be, in a way, letting the other know "it's ok to leave". I get what he's thinking but I still think that people sometimes do indeed die of broken hearts.

pollywannacracker
15th September 2009, 08:43 PM
To me they are in a similar vein.

Dying of a broken heart and it being okay to pass on. They both seem to radiate the desire to continue to "be" with the partner.

Either way, my grandparents are still..."Happy together". Gotta love the Turtles!!!!!:p