PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Pages : [1] 2 3

smartone
18th August 2009, 01:31 PM
I dunno how old this news is, but one of my spies told me that Lisa Marie Presley is out. Evidently something to do with her being told to disconnect from a family member and her not wanting to and she decided to drop the church instead. :unsure:

gerry
18th August 2009, 01:36 PM
but one of my spies told me that Lisa Marie Presley is out.
Its going to need source info before it has any impact

smartone
18th August 2009, 01:50 PM

Yeh, maybe somebody else has heard something along these lines?

Dulloldfart
18th August 2009, 03:47 PM
I hope so. I voted for her on my recent "First big celeb to dump the CofS" poll here, and it would make me right. :)

Paul

bluewiggirl
18th August 2009, 03:53 PM
pics/gtfo

(bracing for epic)

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 04:39 PM
:ohmy: Whoa Nelly! (I mean...Lisa!) I sure hope THIS is true! Can you just imagine HER interviews on YouTube? YEAH! :thumbsup:

uniquemand
18th August 2009, 04:41 PM
More importantly, who is the girl in Smartone's avatar? Wowsers!

Martini
18th August 2009, 05:21 PM
Her myspace blog defending Scn is gone. :confused2:

The girl in the avatar is Anna Kournikova. :thumbsup:

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 05:52 PM
Well I hope Lisa shows up here and shares her stories, soon! :yes:

Thrak
18th August 2009, 06:15 PM

I think she's too rich to hang out with low lifes like us. Once I was asked to leave because I was sitting too close to her table at the CC cafe even though I got there before she did. And I doubt her stories would be that interesting. Like "Once they brought food to my room and they had GRAPEFRUIT! I TOLD them I can't stand grapefruit!"

AnonOrange
18th August 2009, 06:16 PM
Just to add to the speculation, Lisa Marie may be ready to tell the WHOLE story, including the marriage with Michael Jackson, which allegedly was arranged by scientology.

Now that MJ is dead, she may feel more free to talk about these things, although her mom will be seriously pissed if she's too still a scilon. Both coming out together would be great.

Tiger Lily
18th August 2009, 06:18 PM
I think she's too rich to hang out with low lifes like us. Once I was asked to leave because I was sitting too close to her table at the CC cafe even though I got there before she did. And I doubt her stories would be that interesting. Like "Once they brought food to my room and they had GRAPEFRUIT! I TOLD them I can't stand grapefruit!"

:giggle: :thumbsup:

Yea, I think her experience was probably different than most of ours!

I'll have to see it to believe it -- though if her blog supporting Scn. is gone, that's a good sign.

-TL

Dulloldfart
18th August 2009, 06:21 PM
Hmm. Anyone have a friend of a friend with a comm line to her? What about her mother, Priscilla — any rumblings about her?

Paul

Bea Kiddo
18th August 2009, 06:36 PM

I dont remember her as one of the snobby celeb types. She seemed pretty down to earth to me. I did quite a few emeter drills with her as part of her OT VI course.

She did not want to do them in the OT courseroom at the sandcastle. She wanted to do them in the academy in the coachman at Flag. She liked to hang out and drill with the staff and outer org trainees that were all over the coachman.

alex
18th August 2009, 06:40 PM
I dont remember her as one of the snobby celeb types. She seemed pretty down to earth to me. I did quite a few emeter drills with her as part of her OT VI course.

She did not want to do them in the OT courseroom at the sandcastle. She wanted to do them in the academy in the coachman at Flag. She liked to hang out and drill with the staff and outer org trainees that were all over the coachman.

I like how you stand up for the little bits of truth, like you do Bea....even when it conflicts with the overall feelings you might have for scientology in general.

Thrak
18th August 2009, 06:44 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that one experience kind of put me off.

Dark Phoenix
18th August 2009, 06:48 PM

Was it her asking you to leave or was it church handlers making a fuss because she's a celeb?

Dulloldfart
18th August 2009, 06:59 PM
Was it her asking you to leave or was it church handlers making a fuss because she's a celeb?

Maybe they objected to his piercings and tattoos and orange jump-suit.

Paul

_brian
18th August 2009, 07:05 PM
As with the posibility of JT maybe considering leaving because of scn not being able to "handle" his hurt, grief pain this time and the Autism situation, the article in the link below may also be what is going on with Lisa if she now has a huge loss that tech is not able to resolve???

Because scientology only wants you uptone and not experiencing real emotions so you have to be "handled", then you can tell everyone the wonders of the tech and how you are not affected by tragedies and not distracted from expanding scientology or your bridge progress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/06/26/2009-06-26_exwife_lisa_marie_presley_says_michael_jackson. html

Bolded parts by me.

..."It reminded her of that long-ago talk she had with Jackson.

"I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it," she wrote.

"And the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

"A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened." ...

Kathy (ImOut)
18th August 2009, 07:07 PM

Thrak, I'm with you. She won't speak out. Hell, she barely speaks. My daughter and her daughter used to hang together. We'd talk one day and the next day she'd act like she'd never spoken to me.

Riding in the elevator with her at Flag was painful. I felt like I was in a library - had to be all quiet. We'd get off on the same floor and thankfully my auditing room was closer to the elevator. My auditor and I'd run in the room, close the door and start laughing our asses off - we weren't good with quiet. LOL!!!

Terril park
18th August 2009, 07:12 PM
My only experience of her was a brief glimpse of a TV interview, I guess soon after her divorce from Michael, and MJ was even then pretty off the wall, and she responded to interviewers that he was using his body as art or an art form, and she said nothing nasty about him at all. Thought she did real good!

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 07:36 PM
Kathy: I'm sure she was that way, as I remember when I saw her close-up in person at the Memphis Mission Grand Opening back in the 90's.

I had to step out of her path as she was walking through to enter a smaller building that was behind the Mission.

The look she had on her face well....suggested that she seemed too good for the likes of any 'regular folk' being near her, jes' sayin'...:whistling:

Dark Phoenix
18th August 2009, 07:37 PM
Short clip of her talking about her marraige to Michael Jackson. She seems embarrased about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsRK0GFSF-k

_brian
18th August 2009, 07:37 PM
I was at Flag in the fall of 1996 and in between sessions I roamed around the Mecca and checking out the F.H. riding the elevators and on the second occasion of thinking I got in with a young woman with 2 kids in tow that looked like who I thought was Lisa, she was acting shy (kind of hiding) I just politely but teasingly asked "are you Lisa Marie" I didn't say last name, she just gave a oh shucks 'yes', I think I said 'well, ok then' and the elevator stopped and I got out.

I was probably just another scn nutter thinking he's seeing celebrities. Or maybe she was lying saying she was Lisa??

Though there was one "celebrity actress" I don't remember her name she did soap opera stuff? But she took a liking to me ( I did have to explain I was married) and we took a few walks together and she introduced me to Debbie Cook and invited me to sit with her in the front row in the VIP section of the first graduation I attended in the F.H. Strange. But later she was upset because she got a handling for hanging out with one of the simpleton's. Then that was it. Oh well.

Thrak
18th August 2009, 07:56 PM

Paul

No that was somebody else.

I was just sitting there having a coffee and then she sat down in the next table with another girl and then a guard - ex LAPD rentacop - came over to tell me to move to another table, but she was close enough to see what was going on and made no effort to stop it.

AnonOrange
18th August 2009, 08:21 PM
ex LAPD rentacop - came over to tell me to move to another table,

Ed Richardson?

Rae
18th August 2009, 08:24 PM
No that was somebody else.

I was just sitting there having a coffee and then she sat down in the next table with another girl and then a guard - ex LAPD rentacop - came over to tell me to move to another table, but she was close enough to see what was going on and made no effort to stop it.

Barfarama..that crap happened all the time at CC. I simply refused to give up my table in the Renaissance restaurant when DM and his entourage were there eating or when Tom Cruise and his group were a few tables away. The maitre-d just left me alone...and in hushed tones...told me I was fine to stay. Bunch of BS. I could have cared less about who was who..I just wanted to eat before course. (ya know, course as in actually getting some training, purpose of the org and all that...

Sandie
18th August 2009, 10:18 PM
Lisa Marie Presley is a shy person. She also is not a phony. I think many misunderstand her. I think it is sad the way you all make fun of her when you dont even know her.

Alanzo
18th August 2009, 10:22 PM
Lisa Marie Presley is a shy person. She also is not a phony. I think many misunderstand her. I think it is sad the way you all make fun of her when you dont even know her.

The problem is this:

Lisa Marie Presley has used her name to recruit people into an abusive cult, and has done nothing to fix that.

In my opinion, as a public figure she deserves what she gets until she makes it right.

Sorry, but that's how I see it with all Scientology celebrities now.

It was never OK to hold your privileged position in the Church, and then look the other way from the abuses which were being waged like an onslaught all around you against the rights of Scientologists.

You are not Marie Antoinette.

Or are you?

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 10:30 PM

Sandie: Oh I'm sure she can be a nice person. We are jes' sayin' how some of her actions (and facial expressions) seem to suggest otherwise..that's all.

Tiger Lily
18th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Except for all that stuff about being moral. . . while she's a true believer, the "right" thing to do is to "help" the poor wogs out of the muck. And I'll bet she has no idea about the abuses. . . who would tell her? Andy why would she believe them if they did.

Now, if she's waking up . . .that's going to be some huge "cognitive dissonance". I wouldn't envy her that. I think it's got to be terribly hard for celebrities in that regard. . . They can't wake up quietly the way many of us did. . . their lives are so public. . . and they have so much to lose if their confessionals are made public . . . and they know the influence they have had on others. That's a tough road. Hopefully Jason Beghe greased the track for other celebs who want to get out and make it right. . . but everyone has their own pace. If she really is getting out, it's brand new, because it's nowhere on Google or anything. Her head would have to be spinning.

I hope that anyone getting out, celebrity or not, can find a strong support network to work through it.

--TL

ladybeetle
18th August 2009, 10:35 PM
The problem is this:

Lisa Marie Presley has used her name to recruit people into an abusive cult, and has done nothing to fix that.

In my opinion, as a public figure she deserves what she gets until she makes it right.

It was never OK to hold your privileged position in the Church, and then look the other way from the abuses which were being waged like an onslaught all around you against the rights of Scientologists.

Or are you?

Partially, I agree! When I read it correctly: she was at least OTVI, so I think she had the opportunity to see the bug. But on the other side:
she was always handled as a VIP. I'm not sure, whether these people had the chance to see clearly enough what happended. When I'm right, she couldn't see in full degree, what she did.

But maybe I am too naive and I just want to see the good side of everybody :duh:

Thrak
18th August 2009, 10:44 PM

I'm certainly not trying to make fun of her, I was just relating a 30 second experience which says a lot about how scn celebs live in a different world than everybody else. But I agree with Alanzo that these people are allowing themselves to be used to lure people into a destructive cult, many times with disastrous results. Therefore they are a liability to society until they take a look around at what is happening and say ENOUGH! I'm sure it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow but if they are truly interested in the human rights they talk about then it's high time to get off the pot.

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 10:47 PM
..Someone oughta make an ESMBC Board or somethin' then...since their knowledge and treatment has been quite different.

Yet when they're doing their OT Levels, the data and auditing within them is the exact same....right? :unsure:. So during those, you'd think the celebs (just like many scn's) would be quietly realizing somethings...

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm certainly not trying to make fun of her, I was just relating a 30 second experience which says a lot about how scn celebs live in a different world than everybody else. But I agree with Alanzo that these people are allowing themselves to be used to lure people into a destructive cult, many times with disastrous results. Therefore they are a liability to society until they take a look around at what is happening and say ENOUGH! I'm sure it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow but if they are truly interested in the human rights they talk about then it's high time to get off the pot.

They either don't realize that, though (or do mental/spiritual gymnastics to justify it all).

Alanzo
18th August 2009, 10:54 PM
As everyone knows here on ESMB, I'm a huge celebrity.

When I finally realized what was going on with Scientology and GTFO, I took straight to warning the public, loudly and immediately.

What makes me better than Lisa Marie Presley? Or John Travolta?

Or Tom Cruise?

I'm not any better than they are.

So why can't they do it, too?

Winston Smith
18th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Kathy: I'm sure she was that way, as I remember when I saw her close-up in person at the Memphis Mission Grand Opening back in the 90's.

I had to step out of her path as she was walking through to enter a smaller building that was behind the Mission.

The look she had on her face well....suggested that she seemed too good for the likes of any 'regular folk' being near her, jes' sayin'...:whistling:

Hey, kings and queens got off the wooden "roads" into the mud when Beethoven came the opposite way. Maybe she thinks she is Beethoven.

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 10:58 PM
So why can't they do it, too?

Some of 'em are...(like Jason Beghe)....

And thank you for gracing us with your presence, O' kind, great, Alanzo...:bowdown:

Alanzo
18th August 2009, 10:59 PM
Some of 'em are...(like Jason Beghe)....

And thank you for gracing us with your presence, O' kind, great, Alanzo...:bowdown:

Oh well, Jason Beghe has balls ten times larger than mine.

Even I recognize that.

Thrak
18th August 2009, 11:00 PM
..Someone oughta make an ESMBC Board or somethin' then...since their knowledge and treatment has been quite different.

Yet when they're doing their OT Levels, the data and auditing within them is the exact same....right? :unsure:. So during those, you'd think the celebs (just like many scn's) would be quietly realizing somethings...

To me it takes a lot of prior work to get a person conned enough to where he/she accepts the OT levels at face value. And then there are so many others around who have done them the doubts you do have get diminished by continually hearing how amazing the next level will be.

Plus they see everything in absolutely ideal circumstances: the best auditors and auditing rooms, no waiting, no intense regging - but for these guys 100K is pocket change anyway. The whole point is that this select few will have a totally positive experience and see none of the negatives so that when they go on camera and talk about scn, they have genuinely no idea why people would attack it except for the govt/psych conspiracy theories that they are taught is the real reason for all attacks. In reality these people are being played like violins.

bluewiggirl
18th August 2009, 11:01 PM
Celebrities have a lot to answer for, but it's hard for me to believe that anyone allowed them to see how badly the other members of the church were suffering while they were in. There's so much emphasis put on getting celebrities in and keeping them in, it would be a huge mess for them if some well-meaning actors and actresses actually saw what was going on.

Also, cut the woman some slack. It takes time to digest leaving the cult (if she has).

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 11:08 PM
To me it takes a lot of prior work to get a person conned enough to where he/she accepts the OT levels at face value. And then there are so many others around who have done them the doubts you do have get diminished by continually hearing how amazing the next level will be.

Plus they see everything in absolutely ideal circumstances: the best auditors and auditing rooms, no waiting, no intense regging - but for these guys 100K is pocket change anyway. The whole point is that this select few will have a totally positive experience and see none of the negatives so that when they go on camera and talk about scn, they have genuinely no idea why people would attack it except for the govt/psych conspiracy theories that they are taught is the real reason for all attacks. In reality these people are being played like violins.

Here, here, Well-said! :clap: :yes: It's also more impressive and brave of those celebs/VIP's that wake up and have the courage and fortitude to leave cushy-gold-leafed scn! :thumbsup: Oh the stories THEY can tell here.....

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 11:11 PM
Celebrities have a lot to answer for, but it's hard for me to believe that anyone allowed them to see how badly the other members of the church were suffering while they were in. There's so much emphasis put on getting celebrities in and keeping them in, it would be a huge mess for them if some well-meaning actors and actresses actually saw what was going on.

Also, cut the woman some slack. It takes time to digest leaving the cult (if she has).Of course. I do apologize to you, Lisa, if you are out there and come upon this!

We ARE here for you (and anyone celeb or non)! :yes: Please realize that! :yes:

Alanzo
18th August 2009, 11:11 PM

Yeah, but when your own name is being used - don't you think you should look into things a little more closely?

Wouldn't you feel a sense of responsibility that people were not being tricked through the use of you?

Vinaire
18th August 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh well, Jason Beghe has balls ten times larger than mine.

Even I recognize that.

Yours must be quite small then. :whistling:

Even then, I admire your courage, Alanzo. :)

Martini
18th August 2009, 11:25 PM
The make-wrong of Lisa or any celebrity for being hood-winked is unnecessary.

They are given a Truman Show far more powerful and intoxicating than the one others receive.

Let's just hope the rumor is true. It would be a major blow to the church.

lionheart
18th August 2009, 11:36 PM
One thing I don't get in this discussion about how Lisa Marie wouldn't know the real scene in scientology.

Many years ago I understood that Lisa Marie was in the Sea Org at the time. Is that not correct?

I remember an article about Elvis' fans being concerned his money was going to the cult and it described how Lisa Marie was a member of the Sea Org. It described her sea org routine.

Was this a false report?

If not, then surely if she was once in the SO, she must have known the real scene when she later took services as a celeb?

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 11:37 PM
The make-wrong of Lisa or any celebrity for being hood-winked is unnecessary.

They are given a Truman Show far more powerful and intoxicating than the one others receive.

Let's just hope the rumor is true. It would be a major blow to the church.

I agree!

Wisened One
18th August 2009, 11:38 PM
One thing I don't get in this discussion about how Lisa Marie wouldn't know the real scene in scientology.

Many years ago I understood that Lisa Marie was in the Sea Org at the time. Is that not correct?

I remember an article about Elvis' fans being concerned his money was going to the cult and it described how Lisa Marie was a member of the Sea Org. It described her sea org routine.

Was this a false report?

If not, then surely if she was once in the SO, she must have known the real scene when she later took services as a celeb?

Really? Lisa in the SO? :ohmy: Is there a Celeb SO? (Heard that JT also wanted to join and lrh gave him an honorary membership and told him how his hat as an SO Member would be better served as a Celeb than joining full-on 'real' SO. Bet TC's fancying himself in it, too!). Maybe Lisa joined the 'same'.

Dulloldfart
18th August 2009, 11:42 PM
Yours must be quite small then. :whistling:

They probably fit right in with their neighbour. :)

Paul

lionheart
18th August 2009, 11:47 PM
The article didn't describe it as a celeb SO post. It was a long time ago, whe she was a young woman/teenager, but it described her as a chunky SO member in a uniform. I seem to remember it implied that her mother was concerned about her and Elvis fans were worried that as an SO member she was going to give all her inheritance from Elvis to the cult.

Once she was many years later touted as a scn celeb, Mrs L and I just assumed that she had routed out, and had become a scn celeb instead.

But the original press report could have been false. But we've always assumed it was true.

Surely someone on ESMB will know if she is ex-SO?

Thrak
19th August 2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah, but when your own name is being used - don't you think you should look into things a little more closely?

Wouldn't you feel a sense of responsibility that people were not being tricked through the use of you?

Amazingly they got a lot of us to not look.

Bea Kiddo
19th August 2009, 12:24 AM
The problem is this:

Or are you?

Who did she bring in?

Alanzo, who did you bring in, and how did you make it right?

Lohan2008
19th August 2009, 12:26 AM
Nothing on Google, yet :confused2:

Thrak
19th August 2009, 12:48 AM
Who did she bring in?

Well I saw her bring in Marilyn Manson with my own eyes but that never went anywhere. But regardless of who they actually walk in the door, the fact that they are there and stand behind scn is a big reason many get in. L Con knew what he was doing when he thought up this celebrity thing if he was the one to think it up. The fact that JT and Chick Corea were in had a big impact on me.

Type4_PTS
19th August 2009, 12:58 AM
I had a brief encounter with her around 1986 when she was 17 or 18 at the time. After leaving Boston staff in 1986 I worked very briefly for the Manor Hotel (where celebrity center was located). I served her a coffee and hamburg while working on the canteen out in the courtyard. She asked how much it was and when I told her I said something like "isn't that a good deal?" or something like that. She looked at me funny for a second and we laughed.

Anyways, I agree with Blue and some of you others.........I think we should cut her some slack. For most all of us who were IN and got out it wasn't an easy process, and won't be any easier for her with the tabloid media and all that. Celebrities in Scn ARE treated differently, and we don't know exactly what she was aware of. Even though I've been out myself for 20+ years now I didn't (until very recently) believe some of the crazy stuff I heard (beatings, musical chairs, etc) about what was going on at the Int Base as I never witnessed anything remotely approaching that type of thing on staff. I was briefly in the sea org in clearwater and on the RPF, and saw some insanity as far as how some personnel were treated at Flag, but never saw any physical abuse during my 10 years in scn and didn't believe it when I first saw stories about it. (I do now after watching the video of Marty and Amy in the St Pete Times videos, and reading other stories here!)
None of us would have ever gotten in nor stayed in had we known back then what we know now, and I'm sure it is the same for her (or will be).

I hope the rumor is true and she really IS out!

Lisa Marie..............if you're out there somewhere reading this........
:welcome:

Ladybird
19th August 2009, 01:01 AM
Lisa Marie was in the HCI in the early 80's. All the staff were gaga over her. I don't remember her ever joining the Sea Org. I am sorry for everyone I ever recruited, even though at the time I was a true believer (deluded adherent) and had the best of intentions. But that is not the same as being a worldwide celebrity like Lisa Marie. Look at the millions of people who throng around every thing celebrities say. Maybe she was just born in to her celebrity, but she does have a responsibity to know how her words affect others.

I hope she speaks out.

Here is one of many things Hubbard said about how to use celebrities to recruit:

From a post by the late Robert Vaugh Young
from his "For -Ever-Lines
Posted SEpt 27, l997
Hubbard names celebrities as "quarry" to be "hunted"

I made reference in another post to an early L. Ron Hubbard issue about
his view of celebrities. I found it. Because of the interest in
Scientology's use of celebrities to front for the organization, and
because of the importance of this directive he wrote in forming the basis
of Scientology's search for celebriteis, I want to pass this on. It also
shows how Hubbard viewed them, meaning how they are viewed today.

"Project Celebrity" appeared in the "Ability" newsletter (Minor II - a
complicated designation LRH gave to his in-house magazines) that was
issued in early 1955. (There is promotion for an upcoming "Congress" on
June 3-5 to be held in Phoenix, Arizona.)

In it, LRH announces "Project Celebrity" to find celebrities. "It is
obvious what would happen to Scientology if prime communicators benefiting
from it would mention it now and then," LRH says. So he offers a list of
celebrities and says to write and say which one the reader wants. "We will
then allocate this person to you as your game," Hubbard says.

Hubbard goes on to say, "Having been awarded one of these celebrities, it
will be up to you to learn what you can about your quarry and then put
yourself at every hand across his or her path, and not permitting
discouragements or 'no's' or clerks or secretaries to intervene, in days
or weeks or months," to get them into an auditing session.

Hubbard says all costs for the hunt are to be borne by the hunter assigned
the celebrity. But he will "Award the celebrity to you as your quarry" and
give you exclusive hunting rights. "If you want one of these celebrities
as your game, write us at once so the notable will be yours to hunt
without interference." He also offers two weeks of "special coaching" in
Phoenix, if you pay for the trip there and your own living expenses.

Hubbard warns, "These celebrities are well guarded, well barricaded,
over-worked, aloof quarry." But, if you are successful, "If you bring one
of them home you will get a small plaque as your reward."

In reading Hubbard's list of celebrity "quarry," remember, this is 1955 so
many names will be unfamiliar to many but it is an impressive list. Had
Hubbard gained even a small percentage from the list, he would have made
headway. However, there is no record that even one of these "quarry" were
turned or captured.

Here are Hubbrd's celebrity "quarry" for 1955:

Walter Winchell
Edward R. Murrow
Ed Sullivan
Marlene Dietrich
Robert Q. Lewis
Orson Welles
Ernest Hemmingway
Danny Kaye
Joseph Alsop
Stewart Alsop
Sid Caesar
Louella Parsons
Liberace
Walt Kelly
Charles Laughton
Gaylord Hauser
Eric Johnson
Fred Allen
Harry Seeger
John Ford
Elliott White Springs [sic]
Gabriel Heatter
Arthur Godfrey
George Gobel
Fulton J. Sheen
James Stewart
Howard Hughes
Philip Wylie
Billy Graham
Hedda Hopper
Bob Hope
Artie Shaw
Pablo Picasso
Al Capp
Walt Disney
Milton Berle
Duncan Hines
Dorothy Kilgallen
Gene Fowler
Jimmy Hatlo
Gordon MacRae
Jackie Gleason
Lowell Thomas
Frank Edwards
Joe Lewis
Vincent Price
Red Skelton
Joshua Logan
Henry Luce
Walter Lippman
Groucho Marx
Darryl Zanuck
Cecil B. DeMille
Leopold Stokowski
Arturo Toscanini
Bing Crosby
Edward G. Robinson
Greta Garbo
Robert C. Ruark
Earle Stanley Gardner
Charles Addams
Robert Montgomery
Donald O'Conner
-end of list-

After four decades, one can look back with some amusement (e.g., at the
idea that someone was going to convert Bishop Fulton Sheen or Evangelist
Billy Graham) or see the ironies of history, e.g., Hubbard came to hate
Henry Luce, the head of Time/Life. Merely note that if you know who these
people were/are and categorize them into their areas of influence
(entertainment, arts, media, finance, religion, etc.), it gives insight
into what Hubbard was trying to do and what Miscavige is now doing with
John Travolta, Chick Corea, etc. (Also note that political figures were
absent. Hubbard was not ignorant of their importance but the plan was
clearly to get the celebs first, just as they are doing today.)

In the next issue of "Ability," Hubbard added a note about "Project
Celebrity" in which he "assures all hunters that reports, names, progress,
and all other material" will not be published. To the "hunters," he wishes
"excellent hunting." And then, with Hubbard's typical sense of
self-importance, he adds, "To the celebrities who have been chosen we
extend our congratulations."

Hubbard closes by saying these people have tried various forms of therapy
and not only need Scientology auditing but "THEY ARE KEENLY AWARE of the
need for auditing." (Hubbard's caps.) Thus, "You might as well be informed
of this fact - that your quarry is looking for you, a lot harder than you
are looking for him. Might as well give the guy a hand."

Makes one wonder if Celebrity Center should be renamed, "Quarry Center."

Robert Vaughn Young

dontscamme
19th August 2009, 01:07 AM
Here is a brief article from Rick Ross 7 years ago about Elvis' disdain for Scn.

http://www.cultnews.com/archives/000341.html

:: September 30, 2002 ::
Elvis didn't like Scientology

According to two books Elvis Presley apparently couldn't stand Scientology.

However, his ex-wife Priscilla and daughter/heir Lisa Marie are both now Scientologists and relentlessly promote the group.

Priscilla Presley seemed to disregard history when she recently discussed her ex-husband, insinuating that he had no experience with Scientology, reports MSNBC.

But Elvis did have extensive exposure to the organization and concluded, "These [Scientologists] want to control your mind, I think, so I'd never be interested in anything like that," according to the book "Child Bride: The Untold Story of Priscilla Beaulieu Presley" by Suzanne Finstad. The King is also quoted to have said, "They're just after my money and my name."

In a strange twist it seems that Scientology eventually got both the Presley name and at least some of Elvis' money, well that is posthumously.

And what would Elvis say if he could see what is happening now? One old friend quoted within the book "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From the Memphis Mafia" says that he would "shit a brick."

[Posted by Rick Ross at 09:54 AM]

supafreak
19th August 2009, 01:48 AM
Well I saw her bring in Marilyn Manson with my own eyes but that never went anywhere.

Now he would've made one hell of a poster boy for Scientology! :roflmao:

degraded being
19th August 2009, 02:02 AM
Just because the cult sucks up to them as celebs doesn't mean we have to. I am not saying they are be treated unfairly or unreasonably.
They might not see all the "outnesses" that "normal people do, but they can see BS if they are in for an extended time. Jason B saw the BS. JT saw it (ref; "Rolling Stone article 1983/4?).

If celebs did OT 3 and above, they really would get a lot of respect if they came out and said;
"Very sorry, but it is about exorcising space cooties and I apologise for allowing my celebrity status to be used to get the general public into that"

They could apologise for more if they bothered to ask more questions about their "religion". They stay silent to protect their reputation. Saying something would get them more respect.

Operating Wog
19th August 2009, 02:42 AM
Very funny story about Priscilla Presley and me.

She was speaking at a big major event back in the 80s. I was on staff, out training, in between some courses and got picked to do a bunch of renovations and help work the event. By the time the event took place, I had been up for pretty much 3 days straight.

They got some guy who was a lighting expert and brought in some big spotlights and put them up in the balcony of the place she was speaking. I got assigned to work one of the spotlights. The other guy trained me how to turn it on and off, move it back and forth and follow someone on stage.

Show time. The light guy says, ok, just do exactly what I do.

The house lights go down. He turns on his light and moves it to he side of the stage. I turn on my light and move it to the side of the stage.

Priscilla walks out. He follows her with his light. I follow her with my light.

She gets to the podium. We both stop with our lights on her. Clapping ends, she starts to speak.

He turns out his spot light. ok... I turn out mine.

The house lights were not on. It's pitch black. Priscilla stops talking. Laughs nervously. The audience laughs. Oops. I turn my light back on. :)

Rest of the show went without a hitch.

Type4_PTS
19th August 2009, 02:46 AM
Just because the cult sucks up to them as celebs doesn't mean we have to. I am not saying they are be treated unfairly or unreasonably.
They might not see all the "outnesses" that "normal people do, but they can see BS if they are in for an extended time. Jason B saw the BS. JT saw it (ref; "Rolling Stone article 1983/4?).

If celebs did OT 3 and above, they really would get a lot of respect if they came out and said;
"Very sorry, but it is about exorcising space cooties and I apologise for allowing my celebrity status to be used to get the general public into that"

They could apologise for more if they bothered to ask more questions about their "religion". They stay silent to protect their reputation. Saying something would get them more respect.

I certainly don't think we should suck up to the celebs, and I believe that all of them that get out DO have a responsibility to speak up at some point as well. But I also believe that about myself and the rest of us as well. Whether we are celebs or not we can still be influential with some people and get the truth out.

But realize that it might be very difficult for a celeb who is OUT, to make a public statement about it. For the very same reasons that many of us here on ESMB and elsewhere do not come out publicly with our real names. They've got to be prepared to handle what comes their way from OSA, DM, ect who might have some good blackmail material in their PC/Ethics folders, being disconnected from family/friends, ect.
I'm not saying that they don't have a responsibility to speak out, because I believe we ALL do. But we need to realize what they're up against. And as much as we'd like them to come out and speak the truth about the CofS I would think that OSA/DM puts more resources and a higher priority into preventing the bigger celebs from doing just that then if it was one of us.

Wisened One
19th August 2009, 02:55 AM
Um...not to derail or go off-topic...but....

I woulda LOVED to do TR's (especially 'bullbait') with Vincent Price! Mwahahahaahaaaa :devil: :D :carryon:Glad he didn't get sucked in, tho! (did he? :unsure:)

Alanzo
19th August 2009, 04:31 AM
Who did she bring in?

How did I make it right?

Well, maybe you were unaware of this - on vacation or something.

I am The Founder of the "Masturbation in Scientology" thread on ESMB.

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 05:21 AM
I really hate the importance that society places on celebrities, much more than the most obnoxious of them.

It's really our fault for making these monsters. By thoughtlessly purchasing their wares, reading the magazines that promote them, watching the mindless TV shows that idolize them, we are all to blame.

Because we don't spend enough time searching for good entertainments, we end up choosing what the lowest common denominator likes. It's easier to like Britney Spears than some obscure pop singer you may actually prefer, if you took the trouble to seek.

Celebrity is unfortunately a vicious circle. The more celeb they are, the more they will be. Paris Hilton understands this very well, considering how little talent she has. Her real talent is knowing how to tun the celebrity wheel, which makes her even more famous.

What's even more disturbing about these people, is that they have very little effect on the world. Same for sports heroes. They don't invent new technologies, they don't lead us to a better world, they are rarely good models for kids, yet we spend enormous time and money after them.

Hubbard understood the value of fame, which is why he put so much effort at recruiting celebrities. He also knew that his book HAD to be famous, which is why he forced it on the NY Times best seller list by buying it back at retail. Most books sold are on the best seller lists, by a huge margin. Book are little celebrities, with millions of other good books going unread.

The celebrities I personally seek happen to be famous scientists, skeptics, such as James Randi, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, Michael Shermer, etc. What's really neat about these celebrities is that they are totally accessible. You can go to a conference and you'll likely be able to chat with them for 5-10 minutes, depending on how interesting your questions are. You may have an hour dinner with them and learn a lot. Try to do that with Manny Rodriguez, the baseball druggie.

Another guy I really like is Penn Jillette. You can always talk to him after his show and ask anything you want. How many pompous celebrities do that?
http://www.youtube.com/user/pennsays#play/uploads/5/K1J1OPGnRUI

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 05:46 AM
I'm also a huge fan of Nicholas Taleb, who wrote the somewhat famous books: "Fooled by Randomness" and "The Black Swan". It's mostly about economics, but also explains fame very well, as the response to chaotic events, that feed on themselves.

You may get a different appreciation (or lack thereof) for celebrities, when you read this article:
http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/ARTE.pdf

"It is a sad fact that among a large cohort of artists and writers, almost all will struggle (say, work for Starbucks) while a small number will derive a disproportionate share of fame and attention. The same applies to the so-called masterpieces that determine a canon: a few pieces displace others from the lists in a ďwinner-take-allĒ effect Ėall the while the neglected pieces languish and disappear from our literary consciousness.

It is even a sadder condition, and that is the concern of this discussion, that a large share of the success of the winner of such attention can be attributable to matters that lie outside the piece of art itself, namely luck."

The Anabaptist Jacques
19th August 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm also a huge fan of Nicholas Taleb, who wrote the somewhat famous books: "Fooled by Randomness" and "The Black Swan". It's mostly about economics, but also explains fame very well, as the response to chaotic events, that feed on themselves.

You may get a different appreciation (or lack thereof) for celebrities, when you read this article:
http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/ARTE.pdf

"It is a sad fact that among a large cohort of artists and writers, almost all will struggle (say, work for Starbucks) while a small number will derive a disproportionate share of fame and attention. The same applies to the so-called masterpieces that determine a canon: a few pieces displace others from the lists in a ďwinner-take-allĒ effect Ėall the while the neglected pieces languish and disappear from our literary consciousness.

It is even a sadder condition, and that is the concern of this discussion, that a large share of the success of the winner of such attention can be attributable to matters that lie outside the piece of art itself, namely luck."

Dynamite books! Taleb is a first rate mind!

The Anabaptist Jacques

smartone
19th August 2009, 01:03 PM

The latest I heard from one of my spies is that she's digging her heels in re disconnecting with her family member (not sure which one yet) but getting pressure from cofs to do so. It'll be interesting to see who wins on this one because cofs tries to avoid bad pr and she would definitely throw that around if she gets really upset.:grouch:

nozeno
19th August 2009, 01:12 PM

The Anabaptist Jacques

No, he's a body/mind organism.

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 02:30 PM

Taleb is presently trying to get the Economist Nobel prize canceled. He's trying to get the King of Sweden to stop issuing Nobel prizes to economists, since they end up screwing the world so much. Taleb doesn't think economists should be celebrities.

No, he's a body/mind organism.

Hey, I come up with such platitudes!

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 02:31 PM
The latest I heard from one of my spies is that she's digging her heels in re disconnecting with her family member (not sure which one yet) but getting pressure from cofs to do so. It'll be interesting to see who wins on this one because cofs tries to avoid bad pr and she would definitely throw that around if she gets really upset.:grouch:

You're teasing us too much (and so is your avatar).

Give us the scoop.

Alanzo
19th August 2009, 02:48 PM

The Anabaptist Jacques

I've been reading "The Black Swan" for the last couple weeks.

His "Extremistan" vs "Mediocrestan" concepts have changed how the world looks to me. And given me a great new justification for being a failed writer!

Whoops, sorry! Thread Diversion:

I wonder if Lisa Marie Pressly has read "The Black Swan"?

Bea Kiddo
19th August 2009, 03:06 PM
How did I make it right?

Well, maybe you were unaware of this - on vacation or something.

I am The Founder of the "Masturbation in Scientology" thread on ESMB.

Haven't ever opened that thread. Anything interesting in there?

Alanzo
19th August 2009, 03:08 PM
Haven't ever opened that thread. Anything interesting in there?

If you haven't yet - I would not do it now.

You may never be the same!

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 03:44 PM
concepts have changed how the world looks to me.

He certainly has for me too. I now have much more contempt for CEOs that make salaries of hundreds of millions and go around pretending like they deserve it, much like celebrities.

This is very relevant to a thread about celebrities. Tom Cruise got lucky, he has very little talent. That's the case for many of them. BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

Also, investors that have had extreme successes in the stock market go around claiming they deserve fame and fortune, but when you look at how many are out there, the instability of the market, the possibility of huge leveraging through derivatives, it is a statistical CERTAINTY that some typing monkeys will make it big.

A good example of a Black Swan, (an unpredictable major event), is Anonymous vs Scientology. They certainly didn't see that coming.

AnonOrange
19th August 2009, 03:51 PM
And given me a great new justification for being a failed writer!

You seem to be a good writer, but I might end up being more famous than you! I've never wanted to be famous, but maybe you were trying to be famous. All I want is a couple of good patents that are usually obscure to most people.

I might get fame from the Gold Base trial, another Black Swan for Scientology. Should be very lulzy. We are filing a cute little motion today, which I will post after it's filed. Even more coming after that one, with a great list of subpeonas.

AnonShaw
19th August 2009, 10:15 PM
He certainly has for me too. I now have much more contempt for CEOs that make salaries of hundreds of millions and go around pretending like they deserve it, much like celebrities.

This is very relevant to a thread about celebrities. Tom Cruise got lucky, he has very little talent. That's the case for many of them. BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

Also, investors that have had extreme successes in the stock market go around claiming they deserve fame and fortune, but when you look at how many are out there, the instability of the market, the possibility of huge leveraging through derivatives, it is a statistical CERTAINTY that some typing monkeys will make it big.

A good example of a Black Swan, (an unpredictable major event), is Anonymous vs Scientology. They certainly didn't see that coming.

Oh right, because anyone that has more money then you MUST be evil right?

Speaking of books, I recommend this one.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412DT3ZJ15L.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Yunus

Wisened One
19th August 2009, 10:47 PM
Tom Cruise got lucky, he has very little talent. That's the case for many of them. BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

Idk if I agree that TC has very little talent or not. I've rarely seen him act in a role that seemed NOT TC-like, tho...(in other words, he could rarely convince me he was the character he was playing...ie: Lestat in Interview...LOVE that movie anyways tho!).

Lisa Marie: Isn't she a decent singer in her own right?

clamicide
19th August 2009, 11:01 PM

Paul

awww hell...don't mention tatts and piercings...bad memories. Had a weird experience where all staff were ordered to remove any body piercings as they were out-PR...wtf? Mine weren't where public could see them, and told that tatts and piercings were just a weird dramatization. I just remember going numb during the briefing...it was that bizarre. I bitched and didn't take them out...

byte301
19th August 2009, 11:07 PM
Idk if I agree that TC has very little talent or not. I've rarely seen him act in a role that seemed NOT TC-like, tho...(in other words, he could rarely convince me he was the character he was playing...ie: Lestat in Interview...LOVE that movie anyways tho!).

Lisa Marie: Isn't she a decent singer in her own right?

I'd say she is, WO.

I think we should cut her some slack. She was the child of one of the most popular singers in the world, she was raised by a scilon mother, lost her dad way too young, and got into drugs as a kid, etc. She's had a pretty weird upbringing all the way around. And scientology didn't fix it for her as far as I'm concerned.

I hope she is out, but I highly doubt it.

TheSneakster
19th August 2009, 11:08 PM

Voltaire's Child
20th August 2009, 07:34 AM

Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

Lisa Marie Presley is famous exactly for the reasons you've stated. And because she's rich.

AnonShaw
20th August 2009, 07:44 AM
HEY GAISE I HAS BREAKING NEWS FROM THE INSIDE OF THE CULT.

DAVID MISCAVIGE JUST RESIGNED OVER BEING CALLED AN EMO DWARF BY HIS STAFF.

IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT HE RAN AWAY IN TEARS AT THE REALISATION OF HIS OWN FAIL.

THIS IS ALL TRUE, I HAS INSIDERS!!!!

ALSO IM AN EXPERT IN EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET, SO NO REASON NOT TO TRUST MY WORD!

That is all.

KnightVision
20th August 2009, 08:23 AM
Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

Lisa Marie Presley is famous exactly for the reasons you've stated. And because she's rich.

There are many great stars who have mediocre talent... It's a old HWD tradition that if you surround a 'star' with enough talent to react to... they'll come off looking great. This is done with mediocre talent as well as older talent that has lost it's 'discipline' to do the detailed hard work necessary for a great performance. Look for long scenes where the actor is alone, working without the surround chorus... and brilliant work can be seen 'unadulterated'.

TC has his moments, but for the most part he is mediocre. But a star non the less.

SchwimmelPuckel
20th August 2009, 09:01 AM
Movie stars!

Erh.. Hollywood 'creates' them.. It's a marketing strategy with the purpose of selling the movies!

A movie is very much a team piece of work. There's the story writer. There's the guy(s) who designs the look. Others who think out the way scenes play out. The dialogue. Photography, the lighthing. The sounds.. The cutting.. Most often a crowd of hundreds of people..

And there's the director of course.

The 'movie stars' do their bit. One quality a good actor needs to have is doing what's he's told to do. The 'movie stars' do not figure what to do themselves on a movie set with the cameras running. They do what the director says. They do what's in the script.. The good ones do it very well.

Now, to market the finished movie, the 'company' gives the lead star all the credit and glory.

The Cruisemeister is undeniably a movie star.. But he's not at cause..

:wiggle:

Thrak
20th August 2009, 10:42 AM
It's funny you start talking about a scn celeb and it always goes to Cruise. Mediocre actor that surprises from time to time but much of it is just canned crap - Top Gun, Jerry McGuire etc.- which is why I hate most American movies. He looks the part that's the only thing you can really say.

Anyway back to Lisa Marie. I've seen nothing anywhere that suggests she is actually leaving. Always fun to talk about as somebody posted the same thing a year ago or so but probably just wishful thinking.

Lulu Belle
20th August 2009, 11:23 AM
Though there was one "celebrity actress" I don't remember her name she did soap opera stuff?

Sharon Case, maybe?

Lulu Belle
20th August 2009, 11:25 AM
BTW, why is Lisa Marie famous, except for her dad? Isn't that pure luck?

I know. That is a real irritant, IMO. She has no actual proven talent in anything. People who knew her personally when she was growing up described her as clingy and insecure. She is famous because she has a famous father and that is IT.

xseaorguk
20th August 2009, 11:41 AM
I think for somebody like Tom Cruise it will get increasingly difficult to make decent movies, as his youthful looks are rapidly vanishing.
The last pix I saw of him he looked haggard and has a bit of scraggy neck, looks quite thin and is generally not aging well.
He is also quite small, so will probably end up looking like Dustin Hoffman.
Some Hollywood actors age well, like Brad Pit or Paul Newman and co.

Cruise always played the same sort of character, and I think he relied mainly on his looks for it. He is not a brilliant actor as we saw in Valkyrie

Good twin
20th August 2009, 11:51 AM
I saw Lisa Presley in concert and she didn't suck.

Minuet #1 in G
20th August 2009, 01:07 PM
I never met Lisa Maria. I did run into JT once at the Sandcastle. Said gday John how they hanging mate, he said gday min not bad.

I also met the chick who played some character from Little House on the Prairie when I did my OT 6 course. She was a nice lady though a little miffed when I didnt know how famous she was seeing as how down in oz our steam powered tvs didnt get the show.

Bea Kiddo
20th August 2009, 01:11 PM
Sharon Case, maybe?

Probably Michelle Stafford.

nexus100
20th August 2009, 01:27 PM
Movie stars!

Erh.. Hollywood 'creates' them.. It's a marketing strategy with the purpose of selling the movies!

A movie is very much a team piece of work. There's the story writer. There's the guy(s) who designs the look. Others who think out the way scenes play out. The dialogue. Photography, the lighthing. The sounds.. The cutting.. Most often a crowd of hundreds of people..

And there's the director of course.

The 'movie stars' do their bit. One quality a good actor needs to have is doing what's he's told to do. The 'movie stars' do not figure what to do themselves on a movie set with the cameras running. They do what the director says. They do what's in the script.. The good ones do it very well.

Now, to market the finished movie, the 'company' gives the lead star all the credit and glory.

The Cruisemeister is undeniably a movie star.. But he's not at cause..

:wiggle:

I agree with all you say SP. Except that there is a chemistry between some actors and the screen that just works. Few people can "carry" a movie. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to see if that person can. For example Heather Graham, who is obviously hubba-hubba, also has that something that makes me care about who she is regardless of her looks or the character. Others are Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley.
But many other "hot" Hollywooders get boring without a good deal of structure and support, as in Kim Basinger, Renee Zellwegger, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, etc. Not that they aren't good actors but there is some personal depth of contact with the camera that doesn't translate without a story. Cruise and Kidman both are in this pool for me. Travolta carried SNF IMO, I don't know if he can do it anymore.
My opinion, anyway.

_brian
20th August 2009, 04:25 PM
Sharon Case, maybe?

Probably Michelle Stafford.

Well ladies, I don't think a name is going to ring a bell for me, I took a look at google images and neither resemble my fading memory. She had darker hair not too tall but a lovely looking woman. I think she was in between non major role parts too at the time.

Anyhow, I hope Lisa or any celeb finds out more truth about scn.

Brian

Panda Termint
20th August 2009, 04:29 PM
I never met Lisa Maria. I did run into JT once at the Sandcastle. Said gday John how they hanging mate, he said gday min not bad.

I also met the chick who played some character from Little House on the Prairie when I did my OT 6 course. She was a nice lady though a little miffed when I didnt know how famous she was seeing as how down in oz our steam powered tvs didnt get the show.
Gawd, Min, you're making us look provincial! :lol:
Wasn't it The Waltons rather than Little House?

olska
20th August 2009, 04:41 PM

Good one! :D

btw I'm a huge fan of film -- usually NOT the ones that make the "big time" but rather independents and "little films" -- those that don't get much press -- and on my list of all-time favorites are several from oz that managed to make their way through the morass of crap produced in this country. :thumbsup:

Alanzo
20th August 2009, 04:48 PM
Good one! :D

btw I'm a huge fan of film -- usually NOT the ones that make the "big time" but rather independents and "little films" -- those that don't get much press -- and on my list of all-time favorites are several from oz that managed to make their way through the morass of crap produced in this country. :thumbsup:

Me too.

Australian film is some of the best in the world.

"Moulin Rouge" and "Strictly Ballroom" are two of my all time favorites.

So is "The Castle".

And "Danny Deckchair".

Wisened One
20th August 2009, 04:52 PM
I agree with all you say SP. Except that there is a chemistry between some actors and the screen that just works. Few people can "carry" a movie. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to see if that person can. For example Heather Graham, who is obviously hubba-hubba, also has that something that makes me care about who she is regardless of her looks or the character. Others are Anthony Hopkins and Ben Kingsley.
But many other "hot" Hollywooders get boring without a good deal of structure and support, as in Kim Basinger, Renee Zellwegger, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, etc. Not that they aren't good actors but there is some personal depth of contact with the camera that doesn't translate without a story. Cruise and Kidman both are in this pool for me. Travolta carried SNF IMO, I don't know if he can do it anymore.
My opinion, anyway.

Hey Hey now...:nope: :drool:

Zinjifar
20th August 2009, 04:52 PM
Speaking of 'little movies' there's 'Holy Smoke' where Harvey Keitel plays an international deprogrammer who travels to Australia to get Kate Winslet out of a cult.
Not a *great* movie, but, worth watching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144715/

Zinj

smartone
20th August 2009, 04:53 PM
Troll pretending to have insider knowledge of a celebrity with nothing to back it up. :bullshit:

Nothing to see here folks. Move Along. :no:

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Nah, you got it wrong, I ain't no Troll. My spies need to work a bit more overtime is all, lol!

AnonOrange
20th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman?

Dustin Hoffman made that movie great. Cruise just played the natural jerk he is.

Wisened One
20th August 2009, 05:14 PM
Dustin Hoffman made that movie great. Cruise just played the natural jerk he is.

Yep. Agree. Dustin did steal that movie. Thinking really hard on WHAT movies TC did that he was actually believable in....

Top Gun, I thought he was excellent (and hot) in that one...

Legend (believe it or not, I didn't think he was bad in this role, but Tim Curry really stole that movie..)

Kirsten Dunst and Antonio Banderas and even Brad stole Interview...

Hmm..Oh! In all the MI movies, he was pretty good! :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child
20th August 2009, 05:46 PM

I've seen Tom Cruise do a good job in a number of movies he was in.

Alanzo
20th August 2009, 06:15 PM

Actually, a big reason that Dustin Hoffman was great in Rainman, and because he won the Academy Award for it, was Tom Cruise.

As some have said earlier, no dramatic character can exist in a vacuum. Picking Tom Cruise to be Dustin Hoffman's little brother was a brilliant stroke by the director.

From what I understand, Hoffman and Cruise hung out together a lot before they started shooting and traded the roles. Hoffman said that Cruise was fantastic as the "Rainman" character.

Tom Cruise is not a brilliant genius as an actor, but there is no doubt by anyone that he is a consummate professional. And no matter how much he can be criticized for his personal life - he has made a lot of people a lot of money in Hollywood.

There are very few people in Hollywood who are more successful than Tom Cruise. Clint Eastwood is one.

But I'm having a hard time thinking of another...

Thrak
20th August 2009, 06:17 PM
Me too.

So is "The Castle".

And "Danny Deckchair".

Hey watch it. Don't want to swell any heads around here. :whistling:

nexus100
20th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Actually, a big reason that Dustin Hoffman was great in Rainman, and because he won the Academy Award for it, was Tom Cruise.

As some have said earlier, no dramatic character can exist in a vacuum. Picking Tom Cruise to be Dustin Hoffman's little brother was a brilliant stroke by the director.

From what I understand, Hoffman and Cruise hung out together a lot before they started shooting and traded the roles. Hoffman said that Cruise was fantastic as the "Rainman" character.

Tom Cruise is not a brilliant genius as an actor, but there is no doubt by anyone that he is a consummate professional. And no matter how much he can be criticized for his personal life - he has made a lot of people a lot of money in Hollywood.

There are very few people in Hollywood who are more successful than Tom Cruise. Clint Eastwood is one.

But I'm having a hard time thinking of another...

I think one of the problems with Cruise' operation is he is involved with so many aspects of production. I can't think of a truly great actor/actress who ran the whole show and was able to produce sterling performances. Maybe Katharine Hepburn or Bette Davis were closest but they still had a lot of help. Cassavetes largely became the producer of his stuff but then he wasn't trying to make blockbusters. Eastwood IMO plays a facet of his own personality in every role. He isnt in the same league as a Hopkins. For the most part just acting seems to be tough enough.
I thought Cruise was fine in "Eyes Wide Shut", and so was Kidman, but they were just actors and that makes sense. Nicholson/Tommy Lee Jones/Robert Duvall have seldom tried to step into production that I'm aware of and they bring consistently top performances.

Zinjifar
20th August 2009, 06:31 PM
I think Tom is a good actor with a very limited range; playing Tom Cruise. That's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on the role. He was perfect in 'Magnolia' and good in 'Rainman'.

I think casting him in the 'Mission Impossible' franchise was a horrible case of miscasting, which pretty much destroyed any interest I might have had in the films and irretrievably distanced them from the original TV series.

Face it; the whole charm of Mission Impossible as a TV show was the gadgets and convoluted schemes and the ensemble nature was based on a stylistic 'cool' in all the characters. The film/Cruise versions are anything but ensemble and Tom's signature fierce intensity is just about the opposite of 'cool'.

Zinj

nexus100
20th August 2009, 06:36 PM
I think Tom is a good actor with a very limited range; playing Tom Cruise. That's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on the role. He was perfect in 'Magnolia' and good in 'Rainman'.

I think casting him in the 'Mission Impossible' franchise was a horrible case of miscasting, which pretty much destroyed any interest I might have had in the films and irretrievably distanced them from the original TV series.

Face it; the whole charm of Mission Impossible as a TV show was the gadgets and convoluted schemes and the ensemble nature was based on a stylistic 'cool' in all the characters. The film/Cruise versions are anything but ensemble and Tom's signature fierce intensity is just about the opposite of 'cool'.

Zinj

He may have been miscast but the scripts to the first 2 MI's were godawful IMO. I stopped watching the second and didn't see the third.

UkAnony
20th August 2009, 06:44 PM
Hey can people please stay on track thanks, thread is about if Lisa Marie Presley is out or not.

I ask OP to provide dox please.

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 06:48 PM
Hey can people please stay on track thanks, thread is about if Lisa Marie Presley is out or not.

I ask OP to provide dox please.

Haven't you noticed - we always derail threads. It's what we do around here. My counseling thread is now about cemeteries and dreams. It's how conversations progress. Haven't you ever started talking about one thing with a person and then end up somewhere completely different?

They've beaten the Lisa issue to death, rather than starting a new thread this one has just gone in a bit of a different direction.

Voltaire's Child
20th August 2009, 07:11 PM
It is common for threads to meander.

UkAnony
20th August 2009, 07:31 PM
Haven't you noticed - we always derail threads. It's what we do around here. My counseling thread is now about cemeteries and dreams. It's how conversations progress. Haven't you ever started talking about one thing with a person and then end up somewhere completely different?

They've beaten the Lisa issue to death, rather than starting a new thread this one has just gone in a bit of a different direction.

Yea and is kind of annoying really, I want to find info on if Lisa Marie Presley is out or not, I DON'T want to be wading though a ton of pages only to find that is only 4-5 posts about her.

Wisened One
20th August 2009, 07:45 PM
....Darn, and I was gonna launch into how I agree Kidman was great in Eyes Wide Shut and that I think she is an EXCELLENT actor, anyways! I'd say that about her even if she was still in! She floors me! :eyeroll:

But....back to Lisa.

Idk if we're gonna find out if she's really out soon or not....:whistling:

Cherished
20th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Me too.

So is "The Castle".

And "Danny Deckchair".
If you're into Aussie films, I highly recommend "Lantana", "Jindabyne" and "Black Balloon" for drama.

Also, I grew up (in Oz) watching Little House on the Prairie every Sunday!

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 08:06 PM
Yea and is kind of annoying really, I want to find info on if Lisa Marie Presley is out or not, I DON'T want to be wading though a ton of pages only to find that is only 4-5 posts about her.

I suggest you search the internet then, rather than a message board if you want information about Lisa Marie. We obviously don't have the answer here. We all suffer from ADD and forgot the thread title.

Tiger Lily
20th August 2009, 08:09 PM
I suggest you search the internet then, rather than a message board if you want information about Lisa Marie. We obviously don't have the answer here. We all suffer from ADD and forgot the thread title.

Not to mention we're the rebels and free spirits here on ESMB. . .not often constrained by rules or protocol, unfortunately . . . or fortunately depending how you look at it :D

-TL

nexus100
20th August 2009, 08:11 PM
....Darn, and I was gonna launch into how I agree Kidman was great in Eyes Wide Shut and that I think she is an EXCELLENT actor, anyways! I'd say that about her even if she was still in! She floors me! :eyeroll:

But....back to Lisa.

Idk if we're gonna find out if she's really out soon or not....:whistling:

I like Nicole too! She was perfect in EWS, agreed. Kubrick tends to do that with actors, Ryan O'Neal nothwithstanding. But she doesn't carry movies for me because whatever meets the camera isn't quite right much of the time. But that is just opinion, of course.

Operating DB
20th August 2009, 08:12 PM

Lisa Marie looks and acts like a bitch!

Alanzo
20th August 2009, 08:14 PM

Is that you, Paul?

_brian
20th August 2009, 08:16 PM
And not to forget Nicole's husband Keith Urban is a really nice country artist.

Did anyone hear if Lisa Marie is leaving scn? :confused2: :whistling:

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 08:17 PM
Not to mention we're the rebels and free spirits here on ESMB. . .not often constrained by rules or protocol, unfortunately . . . or fortunately depending how you look at it :D

-TL

Most definitely Fortunately - otherwise we'll all still be in and UkAnony wouldn't have a website for inside information. LOL!!!! Not that we have much inside information. But you know what I mean. LOL!!!

Alanzo
20th August 2009, 08:17 PM
If you're into Aussie films, I highly recommend "Lantana", "Jindabyne" and "Black Balloon" for drama.

Added to my Netflix queue.:thumbsup:

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 08:19 PM
And not to forget Nicole's husband Keith Urban is a really nice country artist.

Did anyone hear if Lisa Marie is leaving scn? :confused2: :whistling:

And he's not bad to look at either.

So how much more can we divert this thread? Now I'm just in a feisty mood. :happydance:

_brian
20th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Let 'er rip Kathy. :yes:

nexus100
20th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Added to my Netflix queue.:thumbsup:

I loved Lantana, haven't seen the other two.

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 08:24 PM
Let 'er rip Kathy. :yes:

We could discuss how John Travolta got me fired from a job. Does that divert this thread enough or since it's a celeb is it still too close to the topic?

_brian
20th August 2009, 08:29 PM
That would be something interesting to hear about. Maybe Lisa might get mad if she heard we were diverting a thread about her and then post. :eyeroll:

Brian

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 09:08 PM
That would be something interesting to hear about. Maybe Lisa might get mad if she heard we were diverting a thread about her and then post. :eyeroll:

Brian

You're funny.

I really think it was my lunatic boss that took whatever JT said to her out of context. But here's the story anyway. I was working for a realtor in Clearwater in 1996. JT was looking for a property in FL that would accommodate his airplane(s). I had managed to get a list of all the privately owned airstrips in FL. Anyway, JT sends his best friend/assistant to look at several properties one day. The person calls me and says arrange viewings of the homes on the airstrips. Normally, 24 - 48 hours is required to arrange viewings of homes. Common courtesy to the owner. Anyway, I tell the guy that I'll do my best, but can't promise I can reach every single owner. I knew one owner didn't have an answering machine and I couldn't just dial his number all morning long, I did have other work to do.

Anyway, I reached this one particular owner and got his last minute OK. He was very nice about the whole thing. Well, some time goes by and the owner and I are on the phone - apparently JT's friend had pulled onto the property and decided he didn't want to see the house and just left. Just downright RUDE.

A day or two later I was fired for telling the friend that I'd do my best. Instead of saying "no problem, I can get you into every house you want to see". How was I to know if people were home and were willing to show their house at the last minute? I guess "doing my best" wasn't good enough and JT's friend/assistant expected miracles.

I didn't like my boss anyway. About a month before this, she'd gone completely nuts on me the day before she'd finished her purif. And one client that wrote a "success story" about how awesome this realtor was had mentioned me a lot in her story and my boss removed all of that. When truly it was me that got this real estate closing done in 7 days. Nearly unheard of.

Is that a good enough diversion of this thread? LOL!!!

Wisened One
20th August 2009, 09:23 PM
I like Nicole too! She was perfect in EWS, agreed. Kubrick tends to do that with actors, Ryan O'Neal nothwithstanding. But she doesn't carry movies for me because whatever meets the camera isn't quite right much of the time. But that is just opinion, of course.

She was awesome in EWS and it was in that movie that I learned she could be funny! (there was a scene where she's teasing her husband about examining women as a dr and I'm NOT gonna go there...:p). But she makes this funny little voice and action that just cracks me up everytime I see it! :laugh:

She was also great in The Others and Golden Compass (which I just saw recently, boy did she remind me of DM!).

dontscamme
20th August 2009, 09:28 PM
A day or two later I was fired for telling the friend that I'd do my best. Instead of saying "no problem, I can get you into every house you want to see". How was I to know if people were home and were willing to show their house at the last minute? I guess "doing my best" wasn't good enough and JT's friend/assistant expected miracles.

Is that a good enough diversion of this thread? LOL!!!

Since there is not much more to say about Lisa Presley right now, I might as well continue the thread diversion.

The problem you had with your boss is not limited to Scn'sts, although very few wogs would go to the extremes of firing an employee in a case like this.

In a job I once had, completely unrelated to Scn, I had a couple of different bosses who wanted front-end commitments to get jobs done thoroughly and quickly, without anybody knowing what was really involved and what kinds of obstacles would be encountered.

I don't like making promises to do something if I am not certain that I can keep that promise.

Dulloldfart
20th August 2009, 09:31 PM
The problem you had with your boss is not limited to Scn'sts, although very few would go to the extremes of firing an employee in a case like this.

Especially as it sounds like grounds for an unfair dismissal lawsuit. :)

Paul

nexus100
20th August 2009, 09:34 PM
Since there is not much more to say about Lisa Presley right now, I might as well continue the thread diversion.

The problem you had with your boss is not limited to Scn'sts, although very few would go to the extremes of firing an employee in a case like this.

In a job I once had, completely unrelated to Scn, I had a couple of different bosses who wanted front-end commitments to get jobs done thoroughly and quickly, without anybody knowing what was really involved and what kinds of obstacles would be encountered.

I don't like making promises to do something if I am not certain that I can keep that promise.

Realtors are a bit different animal than the usual employee. Brokers will NEVER fire a producing agent because that is the source of their income. This is a bizzare story but shows the COS cloud.

Cherished
20th August 2009, 09:40 PM
I loved Lantana, haven't seen the other two.
The director (can't recall his name right now) got permission to do Raymond Carver's short story as Jindabyne on the strength of Lantana. Carver's widow saw Lantana and said to herself "he could do Raymond". years later, he approached her for the rights. Or so I read. Somewhere.

Oops. Sorry. /diversion from the diversion

_brian
20th August 2009, 09:59 PM
Wow, Kathy sorry about you losing your job when you really did do your best!

But yep, looks like you got 'er done with the thread diversion. :thumbsup:

Brian

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 10:05 PM

The problem you had with your boss is not limited to Scn'sts, although very few wogs would go to the extremes of firing an employee in a case like this.

Exactly. I rarely make a promise about anything. Even if I know I can do what is asked. Per Murphy's Law something will f up the promise and I'll look like a jerk. Not happening.

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 10:06 PM
Especially as it sounds like grounds for an unfair dismissal lawsuit. :)

Paul

But you can't sue a fellow Scn. It's against the rules. And I wasn't going to WISE about the situation. Like I said, I was already extremely dissatisfied with my boss. And I really didn't need to be working.

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 10:07 PM
The director (can't recall his name right now) got permission to do Raymond Carver's short story as Jindabyne on the strength of Lantana. Carver's widow saw Lantana and said to herself "he could do Raymond". years later, he approached her for the rights. Or so I read. Somewhere.

Oops. Sorry. /diversion from the diversion

It's OK. We're now just having a field day with the thread. I say Anything Goes!!! LOL!!!

Kathy (ImOut)
20th August 2009, 10:10 PM
Wow, Kathy sorry about you losing your job when you really did do your best!

But yep, looks like you got 'er done with the thread diversion. :thumbsup:

Brian

See other response. I was done working for this gal anyway, in my mind. She'd shown her true colors one too many times. And they weren't pretty, nice colors. They were mean, ugly colors. LOL!!!

_brian
20th August 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, and like mixed brown and pea green colors, eh.

smartone
20th August 2009, 11:43 PM

Yeh, I sympathise UKanony... I'm still trying to get more info on this. My source is reliable because she's SO at CCInt and she doesn't know I've been out for the past year.

JohnMccMaster
21st August 2009, 03:11 AM
hissy-fitting little biachhhhhhhhhhhh. I used to see her at CC and she would regularly throw a hissy-fit if her every whim was not indulged or the ethics officer was a little harsh or her private life wasn't going her way. She was forever pulling things in (get it?) like for instance men leaving her when her true nature reared it's heads or finding her hubby was an ALLEGED child molester (bummer) and such like. Prolly too many overts - quite the drama queen...and i should know, i can dram(atize) like the best of them.

She used to sit on the front desk sometimes and answer the phone for some perverse ego-trippy reason. It took her until she was on OT7 to talk to non-celebs and behave with some amount of respect toward 'normal' people. On occassion staff would have to clear entire rooms just so she could sit on her fat ass and drink a coffee out of public view.

I expect they'll be glad to see the back of her.....you can't miss it.:omg: (handy for showing movies on though.)

Am I right yet? Don't write me up or i'll send ur pc folder to cnn.

olska
21st August 2009, 05:10 AM

Also, I grew up (in Oz) watching Little House on the Prairie every Sunday!

Agree on "Lantana" -- it's in my permanent collection, love Anthony LaPaglia! and "Jindabyne" -- that story was also covered briefly in Altman's "Short Stories" some years earlier (not Australian, but a fine event imo).

Haven't seen "Black Balloon."

Another unforgettable: "Japanese Story" w/Toni Colette.

AnonOrange
21st August 2009, 07:07 AM
She was forever pulling things in (get it?) like for instance men leaving her when her true nature reared it's heads or finding her hubby was an ALLEGED child molester (bummer) and such like. Prolly too many overts - quite the drama queen...and i should know, i can dram(atize) like the best of them.

I don't care what you all say, but I don't think MJ was a child molester. He just liked kids and liked to be around them.

/derail

byte301
21st August 2009, 08:14 AM
hissy-fitting little biachhhhhhhhhhhh. I used to see her at CC and she would regularly throw a hissy-fit if her every whim was not indulged or the ethics officer was a little harsh or her private life wasn't going her way. She was forever pulling things in (get it?) like for instance men leaving her when her true nature reared it's heads or finding her hubby was an ALLEGED child molester (bummer) and such like. Prolly too many overts - quite the drama queen...and i should know, i can dram(atize) like the best of them.

She used to sit on the front desk sometimes and answer the phone for some perverse ego-trippy reason. It took her until she was on OT7 to talk to non-celebs and behave with some amount of respect toward 'normal' people. On occassion staff would have to clear entire rooms just so she could sit on her fat ass and drink a coffee out of public view.

I expect they'll be glad to see the back of her.....you can't miss it.:omg: (handy for showing movies on though.)

:lol:

Minuet #1 in G
21st August 2009, 12:11 PM
Is there a difference between the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie? Really? Significantly? Did the Waltons live in a little house on the prairie? Though there were quite a few of them, so maybe it was a triplefronted cream brick on the prairie.

This is the lady:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/cezanne001/Graphic1.jpg

I was into Get Smart, Hogans Heroes, F Troop, McHales Navy, Gilligan's Island, Sgt Bilko, my fav martian, 3 stooges et al.

Oz films; "The Castle", "Gallipoli", "Australia". I like Nic now Im out but liked Tom when I was in. Now not so much. Did like Vanilla Sky, specially Penelope Cruze.

There, is that diversionary enough?

BTW my sister in law is Anne Marie (close but no cigar).

Min
Golf Snorkism No 1
An Adolf Hitler - Two shots in the bunker

smartone
21st August 2009, 09:17 PM

Great message. I sat next to her at CCInt in the Practical Course Room with my twin doing e-meter drills. She gave me one dirty look BECAUSE WE WERE INTERFERING WITH HER DRILL which dirty look I returned and put my TR1 IN EVEN LOUDER to annoy her.

Another celeb I can't stand is Kirsty Alley. I was entering AOLA as she was coming out and because I didn't stand aside and genuflect (curtsy) she looked me up and down like I was a piece of shit. I returned the gaze and continued on my merry way.

Wisened One
21st August 2009, 09:23 PM
Oh I've met Kirsty Alley several times. She's come here to her Mission to give Lectures of various Grand openings (various Lilly's Learning Place events, for Xmas, etc.).

One year not too many years ago, she came here and gave an up close and personal speech to a handful of attendees (mostly staff, their kids and only a couple public, my daughter was taking some kids learning courses there at the time and I was still 'in' helping).

She spoke all about how Dianetics got her off drugs (specifically cocaine). She didn't seem as stuck-up that night. Was very personable, subdued, friendly. She was wearing very casual clothes and seemed like a run-of-the-mill housewife or somethin'.

She MUST'VE done this as some amends for lowers or O/W's or something....it seemed too......idk....

But she definitely did have the 'vibe' similar to Lisa Marie's can seem to be....

Wisened One
21st August 2009, 09:26 PM

Who you referring to? Kirstie, I'd imagine....

Wisened One
21st August 2009, 09:29 PM
Great message. I sat next to her at CCInt in the Practical Course Room with my twin doing e-meter drills. She gave me one dirty look BECAUSE WE WERE INTERFERING WITH HER DRILL which dirty look I returned and put my TR1 IN EVEN LOUDER to annoy her.

Another celeb I can't stand is Kirsty Alley. I was entering AOLA as she was coming out and because I didn't stand aside and genuflect (curtsy) she looked me up and down like I was a piece of shit. I returned the gaze and continued on my merry way.

Ok, ya'll need to start saying WHO you are referring to, since this Thread has been veering waaaay off of Lisa Marie.......

smartone
21st August 2009, 09:31 PM
Who you referring to? Kirstie, I'd imagine....

No, he or she is referring to Lisa Marie Presley.

smartone
21st August 2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, ya'll need to start saying WHO you are referring to, since this Thread has been veering waaaay off of Lisa Marie.......

Okay, I was referring to Lisa Marie Presley who sat next to me in CCInt's Practical room giving me dirty looks which I promptly returned with gusto and streamlined my TR1 even louder :whistling:

Wisened One
21st August 2009, 10:51 PM
No, he or she is referring to Lisa Marie Presley.

OH....the 'fat ass' comment threw me then...sorry. :p

dontscamme
22nd August 2009, 01:30 AM
This is the lady:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/cezanne001/Graphic1.jpg

That is Judy Norton-Taylor who played Mary Ellen on The Waltons.

Panda Termint
22nd August 2009, 03:52 AM
Is there a difference between the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie? Really? Significantly? Did the Waltons live in a little house on the prairie?
<...snip>
Min
Golf Snorkism No 1
An Adolf Hitler - Two shots in the bunker
Yes, Min, her name is Judith Norton-Taylor aka Judy and, of course, "Mary Ellen".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Norton_Taylor.
Diversion Accomplished.

minnie
22nd August 2009, 04:06 AM
I wonder if Lisa-Marie has ever had the same cognition as her dad when he said that all that scientology wants is his money.

Panda Termint
22nd August 2009, 04:13 AM
I wonder if Lisa-Marie has ever had the same cognition as her dad when he said that all that scientology wants is his money.
Probably not.
Her original cognition was probably something like "Scientology will give me attention for being me. I can get all the attention I desire."
Her new cognition is, "I don't like all this attention on me!"

Minuet #1 in G
22nd August 2009, 04:23 AM
Yes it was Judy, thanks Panda
Would it be too diversionary to ask if she was still in?

This Lisa in or out thing is floundering a bit I think.

Min

Golf Snorkism 2:

A Kate Winslet - A bit fat but otherwise perfect.

smartone
24th August 2009, 05:12 PM
OH....the 'fat ass' comment threw me then...sorry. :p

yeh, the 'fat ass' would definitely belong to Kirsty......

Sassy
27th August 2009, 02:30 AM
OK, for my two non-Lisa Marie Presley tidbits:

I saw a talk show with Tom Cruise not too long ago and he told a funny story of how while filming Rainman, with the scene of he & Dustin Hoffman in the phone booth: there is a part where Raymond farts & Tom's character does the "Oh God, did you fart??!!" bit. It was not scripted!! :lol:

And because someone mentioned "Little House on the Prairie"....I just finished reading Melissa Gilbert's memoir, "Prairie Tale", and it was awesome! Just the right blend of family history (quite impressive), growing up on the set & in H'wood (good smut!). Highly recommend it, it's a great beach book! :thumbsup:

fnx3
31st August 2009, 08:58 AM
I dunno how old this news is, but one of my spies told me that Lisa Marie Presley is out. Evidently something to do with her being told to disconnect from a family member and her not wanting to and she decided to drop the church instead. :unsure:

Does that imply that Priscilla is out too???

SweetnessandLight
31st August 2009, 09:12 AM
More importantly, who is the girl in Smartone's avatar? Wowsers!

You are such a horndog! :lol: But I love ya anyway! :p

SweetnessandLight
31st August 2009, 09:36 AM

Duplicate that, my jaw dropped at his performance in Magnolia, his best lifetime performance to date. LOVED him in Tropic Thunder, too, that must have been such fun for him to play!

SweetnessandLight
31st August 2009, 09:45 AM
snip
given me a great new justification for being a failed writer! snip

Pal, I say this with total respect and love and devotion and all that jazz...

NEVER POSTULATE FAILURE FOR YOURSELF as an artist, or anything else in life.

...Secret to success in Life in a nutshell. :)

fnx3
31st August 2009, 10:31 AM
Duplicate that, my jaw dropped at his performance in Magnolia, his best lifetime performance to date. LOVED him in Tropic Thunder, too, that must have been such fun for him to play!

Was just thinking the same things re TC as an actor :thumbsup:

SweetnessandLight
31st August 2009, 11:13 AM
Great minds think alike, fnx3! :clap: Welcome to the board, glad you joined us!

fnx3
31st August 2009, 12:32 PM
Does that imply that Priscilla is out too???

Does anyone know if Priscilla is Out?

Winston Smith
1st September 2009, 02:06 AM
Oops..Smartone

Tennis player Maria Sherapova...yeah she is a hottie, and plays fine tennis also.

fnx3
1st September 2009, 02:12 AM
Great minds think alike, fnx3! :clap: Welcome to the board, glad you joined us!

Hi "S&L" - thanks for such a friendly hello :eyeroll: (I was a bit tired when I rec'vd it yesterday).

BTW - do you know if Priscilla is "out" or not?

Wisened One
1st September 2009, 02:25 AM
:welcome: fnx.

I don't think anyone knows for certain, yet.

fnx3
1st September 2009, 02:55 AM
thanks for that W.One :thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child
1st September 2009, 03:19 AM
It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Lisa Marie truly does walk- wrt her relationship with her Mom if her Mom stayed in...

Thrak
1st September 2009, 04:45 AM
Actually I think it would be easy for her to walk. She could just make up reasons for why she can't go there. I doubt she spends that much time doing any services anyway. It would be a whole different situation though if she went public about it. I seriously doubt she will do that.

Voltaire's Child
1st September 2009, 06:19 AM
True, Thrak. A lot of people I've known who left the church did it that way. Just quietly stopped going, made excuses, in fact. I've given advice like that, myself, when people have asked me about leaving.

gerry
1st September 2009, 08:57 AM
It would be extremly hard for a celeb to come out with both barrels blazing.

Imagine the party the media would have.

Anonycat
1st September 2009, 09:15 AM
Imagine Jason Beghe. :happydance:

Thrak
1st September 2009, 09:57 AM
Imagine Jason Beghe. :happydance:

Jason is so far the one scio celeb with balls. I don't expect the same from Lisa Marie but would be happy to be wrong.

Rmack
2nd September 2009, 04:40 AM
I was just curious; is there a list of celebs that have left? Surely most of them that have been involved over the years are at least inactive.

Is Jason Beghe the only one who's ever said anything?

VI of Hearts
13th September 2009, 12:15 AM
Minuet in G -- As of 2008 she was very much in. She's OT VII, has a non-celeb sister on VII also.

Stat
24th February 2012, 06:46 AM
BUMP

Probably nothing.

Cindi | February 24, 2012 at 3:17 am | Reply

Off topic ó A blind item regarding a celebrity leaving Scientology (?) was just posted on CD&N, which is usually very reliable:

Escaping Your Church
This once upon a time almost B+ list female singer is now more famous for being famous. Hey, at least it keeps her wealthy. She is also known for being a devout member of this church. She recently left it though after she suffered a nervous breakdown and went on an alcohol binge that would make Arthur proud. She went to rehab and while in rehab began seeing a psychiatrist. Uh oh. She also left her church which is never a good thing. However, if you are wealthier it is easier to avoid them. They knock at her door every day and dig through her trash, but she just hires more and more security to keep them all away and stays locked inside her house. Itís a stand off. Oh, the tales she will be able to tell. But what about her kids? Her other relatives who are also in the church?

Some are speculating that itís Lisa Marie Presley

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/kristina-royce-perspective/#comment-185470

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/02/todays-blind-items-escaping-your-church.html

Lulu Belle
24th February 2012, 03:23 PM
BUMP

Probably nothing.

Cindi | February 24, 2012 at 3:17 am | Reply

Off topic ó A blind item regarding a celebrity leaving Scientology (?) was just posted on CD&N, which is usually very reliable:

Escaping Your Church
This once upon a time almost B+ list female singer is now more famous for being famous. Hey, at least it keeps her wealthy. She is also known for being a devout member of this church. She recently left it though after she suffered a nervous breakdown and went on an alcohol binge that would make Arthur proud. She went to rehab and while in rehab began seeing a psychiatrist. Uh oh. She also left her church which is never a good thing. However, if you are wealthier it is easier to avoid them. They knock at her door every day and dig through her trash, but she just hires more and more security to keep them all away and stays locked inside her house. Itís a stand off. Oh, the tales she will be able to tell. But what about her kids? Her other relatives who are also in the church?

Some are speculating that itís Lisa Marie Presley

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/kristina-royce-perspective/#comment-185470

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/02/todays-blind-items-escaping-your-church.html

Yeah, that definitely sounds like her.

olska
24th February 2012, 04:27 PM
It could also be Juliette Lewis, who has relatives "in" and was for a little while a sort of singer ... but if it was, they probably would have mentioned her acting career. Will be fun to find out!

On second thought, she doesn't have any kids, does she? hmmmm

Jquepublic
24th February 2012, 04:30 PM
It could also be Juliette Lewis, who has relatives "in" and was for a little while a sort of singer ... but if it was, they probably would have mentioned her acting career. Will be fun to find out!

On second thought, she doesn't have any kids, does she? hmmmm

Right, afaik Juliette has no children. She's also more famous based on her own talents than famous for being famous.

Sounds like Lisa Marie to me - can't think of any other "famous Scns" who fit the description.

anonomog
24th February 2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that definitely sounds like her.

Hope so, it would be nice to see her smile with her eyes.

If not, well...whoever it is, I hope they have an absolutely kickass fabulous time outside of the bubble.:happydance:
And come and tell us some stories...that would be good.

Burned
24th February 2012, 07:32 PM

Me too! She was constantly at fso (along with Giovanni Ribisi) when I was getting my L's, OT preps, etc. I'd love to see her make a huge media splash.

Burned
24th February 2012, 07:35 PM
Me too! She was constantly at fso (along with Giovanni Ribisi) when I was getting my L's, OT preps, etc. I'd love to see her make a huge media splash.

We had to tell her to turn down her music because it was interfering with my session. She was blasting her dad's She Ain't Nuthin' but a Houndog".

FoTi
25th February 2012, 12:34 AM
This article says that the singer is a virgin. How can she be a virgin if she has kids in the church? Adopted? :confused2:

http://gawker.com/5887639/which-singer-is-being-hounded-by-her-former-religious-community?tag=blind-items

BunnySkull
25th February 2012, 01:18 AM
This article says that the singer is a virgin. How can she be a virgin if she has kids in the church? Adopted? :confused2:

http://gawker.com/5887639/which-singer-is-being-hounded-by-her-former-religious-community?tag=blind-items

There are 3 separate blind items listed. each one about a different celebrity. #1 is the supposed LMP item.

Gawker reprinted from CrazyDays&Nights blog, who posts regular blind items

Stat
25th February 2012, 08:43 AM
Hi, Lisa! :)

(Just in case you google yourself. Most people do.)

Read on. We wish you well.

Demented LRH
25th February 2012, 03:32 PM
Lisa Marie was in and out of Scientology for some time; apparently she could not make her mind about the Hubbard shit. Hopefully, she finally wised up.

SweetnessandLight
25th February 2012, 03:55 PM
Well, whoever it is, God bless them! I hope they come here and read up on all the news they were missing while "in" the Cult! :thumbsup:

Here are some pretty flowers for to help you feel better. You are doing the right thing!

http://www.nancymatthewsphotography.com/fpss/slideshows/myslideshow/images/4.jpg

Have a happy life! If you need to talk, we're here for you! :)

degraded being
26th February 2012, 02:47 AM
Well, whoever it is, God bless them! I hope they come here and read up on all the news they were missing while "in" the Cult! :thumbsup:

Here are some pretty flowers for to help you feel better. You are doing the right thing!

http://www.nancymatthewsphotography.com/fpss/slideshows/myslideshow/images/4.jpg

Have a happy life! If you need to talk, we're here for you! :)

Very beautiful. If you ever post flowers (again) they will be loved.

fed up
8th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Lisa Marie has a new song out called "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet." Looking at the lyrics, it seems very obvious that she's out. Good luck to you, Lisa Marie.

Lay down the law, donít make a sound
Just critical, just going down
I donít belong, Iíve lost the plot
Not gullible
Canít be what Iím not

You can think that Iím evil and Iím off the rails
You ainít seen nothiní yet
If I donít get with your system then I'm sure to fail
Well you ain't seen nothin' yet

Lay down the truth, donít make a sound
Just a piece of fruit whoís hit the ground
I donít respond
Iíve lost the plot
Unethical
Not what I thought

You ainít seen nothin yet
Iím a bit transgressive and suppressive as well
Well you ain't seen nothing yet

Am I a disruption to your corruption?
You ainít seen nothing yet

You can think that Iím evil and I'm off the rails
If I donít get with your system then Iím sure to fail

No longer elated
now youíre frustrated

If I donít get with your system then Iím sure to fail
Well you ainít seen nothing yet

Iím a bit transgressive and suppressive as well

Thrak
8th April 2012, 07:01 PM
Interesting. Where did you come across the lyrics?

freethinker
8th April 2012, 07:02 PM
Is the title by any chance Ode to an Ethics Officer?:coolwink:

SchwimmelPuckel
8th April 2012, 07:03 PM
Lisa Marie has a new song out called "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet." Looking at the lyrics, it seems very obvious that she's out. Good luck to you, Lisa Marie...That's a very poignant text! - I wonder if she'll be called to explain to an 'Ethics OrrRRHHhhficer' what she means by that...

I like Lisa Marie a lot better for this! :yes:

Thrak
8th April 2012, 07:04 PM
Not a bad song:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/04/06/hear-lisa-marie-presleys-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-her-first-new-song-in-five-years-exclusive/

Sounds like a one fingered salute to Clamologyģ if I've ever heard one.

Lulu Belle
8th April 2012, 07:21 PM
Lisa Marie has a new song out called "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet." Looking at the lyrics, it seems very obvious that she's out. Good luck to you, Lisa Marie.

Welcome, fed up!

Lermanet_com
8th April 2012, 07:40 PM
The Lyrics work for me... that is not a disconnect letter, that song is a promise for revenge

Image of Elvis with Lisa Marie on his lap... (this is from an old Star Tabloid, click image for article)

http://lermanet.com/newimages/all-they-want-is-my-money-elvis.jpg (http://lermanet.com/cos/lisamarie.html)

I bet Elvis is STILL smiling, only now from above....

------------------

"A man never rises so high as he does when he knows not whither he is going"
The Philistine Mag, 1902 Elbert Hubbard Editor (no relation to El Wrong)

Thrak
8th April 2012, 07:42 PM
If any moderator reads this thread, can I suggest the thread be called Lisa Marie Presley out of Scientology? It might get some more google hits like that.

Disinfected
8th April 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the lyrics. I found her singing garbled and hard to understand. Listening again along with the lyrics, I see she drops the ends of words among other things.

No matter. Sounds like she is saying to the Church, "You wanna fuck with me? Bring it on." Preemptive strike on her part?

fed up
8th April 2012, 08:16 PM
Interesting. Where did you come across the lyrics?
Her facebook. She was correcting lyrics for the fans trying to decipher them.

fed up
8th April 2012, 08:17 PM
Welcome, fed up!
Thank you, Lulu. :)

I'm sorry for replying multiple times, I don't know how to answer all the things I want at once!

fed up
8th April 2012, 08:24 PM
That's a very poignant text! - I wonder if she'll be called to explain to an 'Ethics OrrRRHHhhficer' what she means by that...

I usually don't put much into them, but if this Blind Item is true, then she's not talking to anyone involved with the cult:

This once upon a time almost B+ list female singer is now more famous for being famous. Hey, at least it keeps her wealthy. She is also known for being a devout member of this church. She recently left it though after she suffered a nervous breakdown and went on an alcohol binge that would make Arthur proud. She went to rehab and while in rehab began seeing a psychiatrist. Uh oh. She also left her church which is never a good thing. However, if you are wealthier it is easier to avoid them. They knock at her door everyday and dig through her trash, but she just hires more and more security to keep them all away and stays locked inside her house. It is a stand off. Oh, the tales she will be able to tell. But what about her kids? Her other relatives who are also in the church?

http://blindgossip.com/?p=39795

If it is true, then perhaps this song is her way of letting the cult know she's not under their thumb any more. Truly, I hope she goes public but I will also understand if she does not.

FoTi
8th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Not a bad song:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/04/06/hear-lisa-marie-presleys-you-aint-seen-nothing-yet-her-first-new-song-in-five-years-exclusive/

Sounds like a one fingered salute to Clamologyģ if I've ever heard one.

I agree....not a bad song. I like this better than anything else she's ever done.

Sounds to me like she has plans to be a real bad ass and is going to do everything she can to cause them trouble and take them down. Even her picture on the cover of the album communicates that. Looks like this might be just the beginning of her campaign....and I sure hope it is. Can't wait for the fireworks to begin. Oh boy! :biggrin:

Arthur Dent
8th April 2012, 09:02 PM
Oh, Fedup!! What a beautiful gift you have brought here! Makes my day!
I love it! With those lyrics there is no way she's not OUT!!
I like how she sings it. Throaty and soulful. Sing it loud, Lisa Marie!

Priscilla?

Lone Star
8th April 2012, 10:23 PM

Mark A. Baker
8th April 2012, 10:42 PM
... Sure he had his problems and failings, but he was wise enough to see through LRH's smokescreen.

:eyeroll:

Wishful thinking and 'dub-in'.

Mark A. Baker

Lone Star
8th April 2012, 10:45 PM

Mark A. Baker
8th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Whatever Mark. Fuck your 'dub-in' and all your other LRH terminology.

Use whatever term you want, your statement was still nothing other than an imaginative & speculative belief which was provided in the absence of knowledge or fact and as a justification for that which you wish to be true. :eyeroll:

The term 'dub-in' may be 'scientologese' but it is descriptive, short, & apt. It's origins are much less important than its utility as a neologism.

Mark A. Baker

Expelled 4 Life
9th April 2012, 12:04 AM
Just a few weeks ago Lisa Marie's (http://www.lisamariepresley.com/) official web site still had links to Scientology social betterment groups. Apparently not anymore. There are links however to such groups as the Red Cross.

fed up
9th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Cheers, thank you for the welcome. :)

There are still some Scientology-associated links elsewhere on her website, but I wouldn't put much into it, just because aside from the front page, the site as a whole appears to be severely ignored and outdated.

She did remove all signs of Scientology from her facebooks and MySpace. She also does not appear to be following Scientologists on her twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/LisaPresley/following

Very eager to see where this goes with Lisa Marie in the near future. It's all pointing to her having removed herself. :)

TG1
9th April 2012, 12:48 AM
Lisa Marie,

If perchance you're reading this, here's one fan who would be OVER THE MOON to learn you told David Miscavige and his Cult of Financial Extortion to shove it up his ass.

Just in case you're reading this. :)

TG1

P.S. I absolutely love the lyrics to your new song. They are so apt for these times. Great choice of words.

Stephanie
9th April 2012, 12:55 AM
I've seen her daughter around CC and Pac quite a bit, fwiw but it could be why she moved to England.

Expelled 4 Life
9th April 2012, 01:15 AM
Cheers, thank you for the welcome. :)

There are still some Scientology-associated links elsewhere on her website, but I wouldn't put much into it, just because aside from the front page, the site as a whole appears to be severely ignored and outdated.

She did remove all signs of Scientology from her facebooks and MySpace. She also does not appear to be following Scientologists on her twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/LisaPresley/following

Very eager to see where this goes with Lisa Marie in the near future. It's all pointing to her having removed herself. :)

You are right. My error. There are still a few links such as CCHR.

Lone Star
9th April 2012, 01:50 AM
Use whatever term you want, your statement was still nothing other than an imaginative & speculative belief which was provided in the absence of knowledge or fact and as a justification for that which you wish to be true. :eyeroll:

The term 'dub-in' may be 'scientologese' but it is descriptive, short, & apt. It's origins are much less important than its utility as a neologism.

Mark A. Baker

http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Lone Star http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=678304#post678304)
... Sure he had his problems and failings, but he was wise enough to see through LRH's smokescreen."

Just above is what you claim is nothing but an imaginative and speculative belief. It is a documented fact that Elvis was recruited by the church, and he basically said, "Fuck that, all they want is my money". The newspaper clipping of this is posted earlier on this thread, although I knew about it decades ago. It's very well known, and was written about in multiple newspapers in the 70s.

Now since you're such an anal retentive, know-it-all jerk you probably took exception to my use of the word "smokescreen". If that's the case...whatever. I should've said "bullshit" anyway.

To some of us this is good news about Lisa Marie, certainly it is to me. I know such things are beneath you though.

Alright, last post for at least a week. I just wanted to defend myself from the self appointed supervisor of ESMB. I need a week or more to "destimulate" from the LRH apologists and evaluating techies here.

Lure Rob & Hyde
9th April 2012, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=Voltaire's Child;288045]Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

You left out the most important catalyst that carried Tom Cruise and the whole show .
That catalyst was Dustin Hoffman.
Without his (Dustin Hoffman ) supporting role that was so believable and brilliantly done, Tom Cruise would have been mediocre at best as far as I am concerned.

How's than for another biased veiw on it?:yes:

FoTi
9th April 2012, 03:04 AM
Just a few weeks ago Lisa Marie's (http://www.lisamariepresley.com/) official web site still had links to Scientology social betterment groups. Apparently not anymore. There are links however to such groups as the Red Cross.

I just looked at her site. She's still promoting CCHR and LEAP...

Free to shine
9th April 2012, 03:26 AM
I really like that song, I don't think the words can be misunderstood. :biggrin:

Truth&Honesty
9th April 2012, 06:08 AM

Listening to her song felt soooooooooo gooooooooooooood! She has captured exactly what I felt when I finally escaped the cult.

She has a beautiful voice...... and I think she is finally finding her true self.

I'll be looking forward to hearing the rest of this CD as soon as it comes out.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/articles/lg/3191.MountainLion.jpg

Sindy
9th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Love the song and lovin' Lisa right now, BIG TIME.

This sent me on a trip to listen to many of her songs and many interviews. I never really knew much about her.

I am liking her a lot right now.

Boy, do I hope this is true!

Emma
9th April 2012, 07:58 AM
It's not a song I'd buy or listen to again but it is sending a fairly straightforward message.

I'm a bit surprised by it as I'd read recently (only last month) that LMP & Kelly Preston were trying to recruit Demi Moore into Scn. That single would have been recorded months ago so I'm a tad confused. :confused2:

Free to shine
9th April 2012, 08:01 AM
It's not a song I'd buy or listen to again but it is sending a fairly straightforward message.

I'm a bit surprised by it as I'd read recently (only last month) that LMP & Kelly Preston were trying to recruit Demi Moore into Scn. That single would have been recorded months ago so I'm a tad confused. :confused2:

There's always the possibility that when the song was written she was in a spot of ethics bother and things have changed since. I really hope not.

HelluvaHoax!
9th April 2012, 08:04 AM

Who knows, but just speculating. . .

As far as your being a "tad confused" it's worth noting that Scientologists like Lisa Marie are quite a bit more than a tad confused and do some very odd things.

For example, it is fairly easy to conceive of Lisa still believing in the "no drugs" part of Scientology since she has famously been a drug abuser--and drugs are what tragically killed her beloved father.

So, she might be trying to get Demi Moore off drugs and onto a "purif". She might think that tech works while still giving the finger to the rest of organized Scientology.

End of speculation. :hattip:

Emma
9th April 2012, 08:15 AM
So, she might be trying to get Demi Moore off drugs and onto a "purif". She might think that tech works while still giving the finger to the rest of organized Scientology.

That sounds plausible. Many before her have done that.

BunnySkull
9th April 2012, 08:33 AM

I don't know your source for that info but when it comes to Hollywood reporting take everything with a big ass grain of salt. Unless you saw a photo of all 3 out to lunch I'd call bullshit. I could see LM reaching out to DM, but not as a recruitment effort.

I do think, however, if they lost a big fish like LMP they would send a big gun to recover her or smooth her feathers. Idk who LM was close to among Scios, but other than her moms, I would imagine the cult would employ any ronbots she was close to to try and win her back, do damage control.

Expelled 4 Life
9th April 2012, 01:36 PM

Yes. I corrected myself in an earlier post. We'll have to keep an eye on her web site to see if those links disappear!

Claire Swazey
9th April 2012, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Voltaire's Child;288045]Tom Cruise has no talent? Ever see Rainman? Or, better yet- Magnolia? He was great in that one.

You left out the most important catalyst that carried Tom Cruise and the whole show .
Without his (Dustin Hoffman ) supporting role that was so believable and brilliantly done, Tom Cruise would have been mediocre at best as far as I am concerned.

So I guess the movie had more than one actor? Go figure!:p

fed up
10th April 2012, 03:43 PM
Greetings, everyone.

The story has reached the Village Voice with some thoughts and analysis: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_lisa_marie_presley_aint_seen_nothin.ph p

Thrak
10th April 2012, 04:44 PM
Greetings, everyone.

The story has reached the Village Voice with some thoughts and analysis: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_lisa_marie_presley_aint_seen_nothin.ph p

Thanks for the link. I was hoping he would pick up on this. I agree that it's impossible to know what she's thinking but the words she chose are unmistakable. Let's see how much of a disruption to the corruption she becomes. I bet that one has davey boy a little nervous.

dianaclass8
10th April 2012, 04:45 PM
Thank you my friends for staying on top of things! :happydance:

Here is the latest article on my blog!

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/lisa-marie-presley-has-left-scientology/

Free to shine
10th April 2012, 05:00 PM
A little of Tony's article from above.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_lisa_marie_presley_aint_seen_nothin.ph p

For some thoughts about the song, I turned to Jefferson Hawkins, a man who at one time was in charge of marketing Dianetics to the world, and someone with a lot of expertise about both Scientology and messages in media. I asked Jeff, is Lisa Marie telling the church not so subtly to keep away from her?

Wow, it sure looks like it. I think the key is the use of the terms "unethical" and "suppressive," which are definitely Scientology-speak. It sounds to me like they are putting pressure on her and calling her out-ethics and suppressive, and this is her response -- you ain't seen nothing yet. Love it.

When Scientology excommunicates someone, it declares them a "suppressive person" or "SP," and instructs other Scientologists to "disconnect" from the SP -- even the members of the SP's own family. Church members live in fear of being "declared," and will do almost anything to stay in the good graces of the church so they can remain in contact with other family members.

No Scientologist of good standing would describe themselves (even jokingly) "a bit suppressive," as Lisa Marie labels herself here.

I also showed the lyrics to Chuck Beatty, a longtime former Scientologist with deep expertise in the church's arcane "technology" and lingo. Here's what he had to say...

Clearly it's way beyond what would be acceptable for a Scientologist in the fold to be implying, so it sounds to me like it's her declaration of "fuck you" to Scientology. Her use of the words suppressive, transgressive, critical, truth, and system all clearly would be taken as bad indicators at Scientology celebrity headquarters. The attitude sure sounds reminiscent of Elvis's "fuck you" comments to Scientology. Good for her!

I've put in an interview request to Lisa Marie's publicist, and let's hope that she wants to share with us her thoughts on the song.

I'm struck not only with the word "suppressive," which seems a dead giveaway, but also with the general thrust of the song. I mean, your typical pop song isn't likely to have this kind of sentiment in it...

"If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail"

Former Scientologists -- and I've talked to quite a few -- all tell me that one of the scariest things that faced them when they dropped out of the Scientology "system" was that they had been warned by church officials that they were ill-equipped to survive the "wog" (non-Scientology) world outside the organization, and that they would surely fail if they left the Sea Org, for example.

Also, for someone coming to the realization that they no longer belong in Scientology (and will suffer from "ethics" officers on the way out), there is hardly a more fitting characterization than...

"I don't respond, I've lost the plot
Unethical, not what I thought"

And with the church mired in controversy, with allegations of shocking abuse appearing in court testimony and in new press revelations, her words of warning to church leadership seem especially ominous...

"Am I a disruption to your corruption?
You ain't seen nothin' yet"

Well, we're obviously reading a lot of things into these lyrics that Lisa Marie may not have intended, but at the minimum this is an extremely unusual statement for a longtime Scientologist to make, and we hope she speaks publicly about it soon. (And hopefully, to us!)

uniquemand
10th April 2012, 05:13 PM
She's still "in", though. Otherwise she wouldn't allow herself to be corralled and controlled, and her message would be clear.

One day, she might go to the press and say "I'm an ex-scientologist, and here's why". Until then, I think she's still on the fence, and could easily be brought back under complete control just as Travolta has been.

They have her confessions. Either she says "fuck it", and lets them become public record, or, like Travolta, she'll jump back in the closet and do what she's told while the blackmail keeps mounting. I'm guessing that's what will happen. After all, the moment she shows any contrition, the Church will lay out a bed of roses for someone with her lineage and ability to be heard.

TG1
10th April 2012, 08:52 PM
Uniquemand,

I can't imagine the Church of Scientolgy - yes, EVEN the Church of Scientology -- would be so utterly stupid as to release or even leak the contents of Lisa Marie Presley's pc folders. That would be the stupidest PR move the Church could possibly do. It would mean the Church would NEVER, EVER, EVER get another celebrity in their clutches.

Oh, wait.

Never mind.

TG1

uniquemand
10th April 2012, 09:01 PM
All it takes is the threat, usually. :)

NoName
10th April 2012, 09:21 PM
If you think I'm suppressive you ain't seen nothing yet? :drama:

I can't wait to see the main event. Like father like daughter, I hope!

Here are the lyrics:

Lay down the law, don't make a sound
Just critical, just going down
I don't belong, I've lost the plot
Not gullible, can't be what I'm not

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail

Lay down the truth, don't make a sound
Just a piece of fruit who's hit the ground
I don't respond, I've lost the plot
Unethical, not what I thought

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well

Am I a disruption to your corruption?

No longer elated, now you're frustrated

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well

NoName
10th April 2012, 09:26 PM

Duly noted, but Paul Haggis was still attending CCHR fundraisers and promoting CCHR well after he blew. Jus' sayin'. She could still believe that they are legitimately secular organizations that have nothing to do with the Co$.

Thrak
10th April 2012, 10:02 PM
I'd say the biggest hook to keep her in would be her mom. The church can't just bust her door down and drag her back. If she says GTFO they have to. I could imagine several possible things happening, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Kookaburra
11th April 2012, 01:57 PM
I'd say the biggest hook to keep her in would be her mom. The church can't just bust her door down and drag her back. If she says GTFO they have to. I could imagine several possible things happening, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also her kids and their father are still in as far as I know. Three generations and she's in the middle would make it hard. I hope she's rebellious enough.

NoName
12th April 2012, 04:16 AM
And lookie what's on this site today - Lisa Marie's video is a headline:

http://www.scientology-cult.com/

I believe that this is a site associated with the Indies- Marty et al. And while I don't approve of their revisionism generally, I find it interesting that they're putting Lisa Marie's song up there.

The lyrics were a pretty convincing fuck off. That video on that site seals the deal for me. Hopefully her publicist responds to Tony soon.

:drama:

FoTi
12th April 2012, 04:42 AM
Thank you my friends for staying on top of things! :happydance:

Here is the latest article on my blog!

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/lisa-marie-presley-has-left-scientology/

What is that about..."the FBI is on its way"?

dianaclass8
12th April 2012, 05:05 AM
What is that about..."the FBI is on its way"?

I don't know either, but I was told by my inside informant that apparently that was part of the "R Factor" from the Flag MAA to the companies involved with Lisa. Perhaps he used that line to intimidate the recipients.

Sindy
12th April 2012, 05:27 AM
I don't know either, but I was told by my inside informant that apparently that was part of the "R Factor" from the Flag MAA to the companies involved with Lisa. Perhaps he used that line to intimidate the recipients.

Huh? Please expound. I have no idea what you are referring to here. I looked on your blog too. :)

Stat
12th April 2012, 07:05 AM
Interesting developments so far.

Tony Ortega of Village Voice delivers this on Lisa Marie: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_lisa_marie_presley_aint_seen_nothin.ph p

Steve Hall/Thoughtful of http://www.scientology-cult.com/ posts Lisa's vid on top of his blog, asking if it's sounds familiar...

Aida Thomas/dianaclass8 shares some more insights with us here, FBI mentioned.

Marty's newest post is titled - Scientology Inc "Justice" is basically about FBI
being corrupted and Miscavige alike. Or something.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/scientology-inc-justice/

I might be entirely wrong, but I wouldn't surprised if Lisa Marie is in touch
with certain Independent Scientologists and there is a storm brewing. :omg: :biggrin: I hope so. :yes:

NoName
12th April 2012, 07:41 AM
Marty seems, on the one hand, to be calling the Co$ (under DM) a suppressive organization while simultaneously bullbaiting the FBI. I had to read it a couple of times to get there.

This is LRH drivel about what a suppressive entity the FBI is, and Marty is basically saying that DM no more gives a shit about the Tech than the FBI can be arsed to uphold the Constitution.

The reasoning is convoluted enough, but this is Marty we're talking about.

NoName
12th April 2012, 07:43 AM
...oh and I agree that these are interesting developments. I predict that the next few weeks will be cloudy with a chance of fail. The summer forecast calls for frequent shitstorms.

Stat
12th April 2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I know, NoName, I have no idea what it's all about either, but there seems to be something emerging, probably very soon. We must stay patient. :)

P.S. Your prediction is very funny and probably 100% correct. :handshake: :lol:

oneonewasaracecar
14th April 2012, 04:57 AM

In Rainman, Cruise looked great because Hoffman was playing an autistic character (one who doesn't 'act' human). Cruise only looked good out of contrast with an autistic character.

As to Magnolia, I saw that as a cult shill movie. He was good in it, but not brilliant. He was actually far better in Collateral. That was his best performance ever.

Still, considering the opportunities he has had, he has a pretty dismal career as a actor. As a moviestar and drawcard, he has been successful for most of his career. But not as an actor. A few good performances are not enough for someone with the opportunities he has had.

If Cruise had any dramatic talent, he would have got an Oscar for Born on the 4th of July. He didn't because he is a pretty shallow actor.

stc
14th April 2012, 08:25 PM

I've listened to it about ten times over the past few days. I can't wait to buy it on iTunes.

One this is certain: she is wearing troll face as she sings that song. :D

Hollywood reportage is often dubious. You have to take stuff like this with a pinch of salt (http://www.showbizspy.com/article/224918/lisa-marie-presley-goes-crazy.html).

If you are on the edge of your seat, and are considering using "Twitter", be sure to check out:

@LisaPresley (https://twitter.com/#!/LisaPresley)
#StormAndGrace (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23StormAndGrace)

Claire Swazey
15th April 2012, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=Lure Rob & Hyde;678375]
In Rainman, Cruise looked great because Hoffman was playing an autistic character (one who doesn't 'act' human). Cruise only looked good out of contrast with an autistic character.

As to Magnolia, I saw that as a cult shill movie. He was good in it, but not brilliant. He was actually far better in Collateral. That was his best performance ever.

Still, considering the opportunities he has had, he has a pretty dismal career as a actor. As a moviestar and drawcard, he has been successful for most of his career. But not as an actor. A few good performances are not enough for someone with the opportunities he has had.

If Cruise had any dramatic talent, he would have got an Oscar for Born on the 4th of July. He didn't because he is a pretty shallow actor.

Oh, I think he's just fine as an actor. I can think of some who are as good or better, but I can think of a whole lot of actors who don't do as well.

And, I don't think his career's been that bad. It's pretty stellar, actually.

My favorite actors, though, are the character actors who get a lot of work and then later start getting bigger roles. People like Steve Buscemi and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

FoTi
16th April 2012, 04:30 AM
I'm liking Lisa's song more and more everytime I hear it. I think it will catch on. It's already being used here......:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i7qm_Efw-vA

I'd love to hear the rest of the songs on her new album. I wonder if they are all on the same theme? It would be funny if it was a whole anti-Sci album and it sold big time. :giggle: