PDA

View Full Version : Mackenzie Phillips now a Scn????

Kathy (ImOut)
26th September 2009, 02:05 AM
It appears that Mackenzie Phillips (from One Day at a Time and daughter of John Phillips from the Mama's & the Papa's) is now a Scn.

I watched her on Oprah the other day, as she just published a "tell all" book. She said a few things that sort of sounded like Scn speak. But I'm out of touch and don't know if these are now mainstream words. Well, she did a follow up today on Oprah - Yep, she did her last rehab at Narconon. She used "granting of beingness" and a few other Scn phrases.

I haven't finished watching today's show, so I don't know if she comes right out and says she's a Scn.

Before posting this, it came up that her 1/2 sister Bijou is also a Scn (didn't know that). And from what she said, I guess Bijou got her hooked up with Narconon. Gotta wonder how long she stay clean with the Narconon program.

But she doesn't have to ever worry about OSA telling her deepest, darkest secrets - she told them on Oprah. LOL!!! Now half the world knows her secrets.

Ladybird
26th September 2009, 02:17 AM
I am sorry for her and all she went through but if she is a NarCONon grad and a scientologist her slide down the slippery slope to the abyss has just begun.

The cult will stick with her until the royalties from her book run out. I shudder to think what will become of her then. The pain in her eyes is plain to see. I percieve she is on the edge of despair and just doesn't care anymore.

She could be a voice for the millions of victims of rape and incest estimated to be 25% of the female population. But she is setting herself and all victims up for another great betrayal if she leads them all down the dark and unlit path to the bridge to nowhere.

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 02:25 AM
Seeing as where she is in life, Scientology will help her. Hate to say that. But she'll be stripped of much cash.
She can only get better.
Too bad she fell for it though.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
26th September 2009, 03:06 AM
After hearing this I'm not sure if I should believe what she is saying about her father is true, or if it's an implant during regressive therapy aka auditing and she believes it's true ... and it's all because a needle on a silly meter wiggled

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 03:33 AM
There's no doubt the loser is trying to profit on her poor miserable life.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
26th September 2009, 03:40 AM
There's no doubt the loser is trying to profit on her poor miserable life.

I hate to make light of victims of abuse and incest, but now that I know she is spending her money to search for Xenu and his imaginary disembodied space aliens, along with knowing what lengths Hubbard's cult will talk it's chumps into, in order to generate income to feed the cult. I'm having a very, very, hard time believing a word she is saying.

Kha Khan
26th September 2009, 03:42 AM
It appears that Mackenzie Phillips (from One Day at a Time and daughter of John Phillips from the Mama's & the Papa's) is now a Scn.

I watched her on Oprah the other day, as she just published a "tell all" book. She said a few things that sort of sounded like Scn speak. But I'm out of touch and don't know if these are now mainstream words. Well, she did a follow up today on Oprah - Yep, she did her last rehab at Narconon. She used "granting of beingness" and a few other Scn phrases.

I haven't finished watching today's show, so I don't know if she comes right out and says she's a Scn.

Before posting this, it came up that her 1/2 sister Bijou is also a Scn (didn't know that). And from what she said, I guess Bijou got her hooked up with Narconon. Gotta wonder how long she stay clean with the Narconon program.

But she doesn't have to ever worry about OSA telling her deepest, darkest secrets - she told them on Oprah. LOL!!! Now half the world knows her secrets.This where she may have gotten the language --

Mackenzie Phillips Completes Drug Rehab Through Narconon Louisiana (http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/9/prweb2942884.htm):
Denham Springs, LA (PRWEB) September 25, 2009 -- Hollywood actress is finally able to overcome life-long addiction through Narconon drug rehab program. As chronicled in her recent book "High on Arrival," Mackenzie Phillips was introduced to the world of drug addiction at a very young age.

"I kind of grew up on television. I was what they call a child star," says Mackenzie. "I also grew up in a family that used and abused drugs. My dad was a rock star in the 60's. Drugs were the norm in my family."

As she got older, Mackenzie's drug use continued to increase, and as a result they continually crept into her professional life. Unable to maintain her lifestyle, she was asked to leave "One Day At a Time" and her drug use continued for many years, until last year Mackenzie finally found a solution to her problem - the Narconon Louisiana drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.

When she arrived at Narconon Louisiana, addicted to heroin and cocaine, Mackenzie had just been bailed out on felony drug possession charges. "I felt like my life was over," she explains. "I'd had 10 years clean time in the past, but I felt defeated by my relapse."

Once Mackenzie arrived at Narconon Louisiana she was given the opportunity to break free from her past. "At Narconon Louisiana I was welcomed into a family of amazing people who truly cared about me. I was given the opportunity to repair past difficulties, under the caring and watchful eye of the staff. The program has given me the freedom to move forward into my future, a future I did not think I had," says Phillips.

The way the Narconon program achieved this was through a unique method that handles both the physical and mental aspects of addiction. During the first part of the program clients go through a sauna detoxification program, which eliminates residues that are left in the body by drugs and therefore reducing physical cravings for the drugs. The second half of the Narconon Program is a series of life skills courses, which restore an individual back to a productive, ethical, contributing member of society while raising their abilities to handle problems or difficulties.

Narconon Louisiana opened its doors in 2006 and has graduated over 150 clients from its residential drug rehab facility. The program achieves a more than 76% success rate for permanent recovery from addiction.

Like many others, Mackenzie is one individual that has been able to achieve sobriety through the Narconon drug treatment program.

"This is the beginning of my life," says Mackenzie. "I've learned who I am and what I am and I like what I've found out about myself. I can now move forward with my life, letting the past remain behind me and that means that life is new and I am new. I'll never forget my time (at Narconon)."

The executives and staff off Narconon Louisiana are proud of the accomplishments Mackenzie and other program graduates have made in overcoming difficult past experiences on the way to permanent recovery from substance abuse.

If you or someone you know is struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction contact Narconon Louisiana at 866-422-4650.

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 03:45 AM
I hate to make light of victims of abuse and incest, but now that I know she is spending her money to search for Xenu and his imaginary disembodied space aliens, along with knowing what lengths Hubbard's cult will talk it's chumps into, in order to generate income to feed the cult. I'm having a very, very, hard time believing a word she is saying.

She was raised by a complete fuckhead (to say the least). But that doesn't excuse her for life.
She was caught with drugs yet again late last year.:duh:

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 03:46 AM
This where she may have gotten the language --

Mackenzie Phillips Completes Drug Rehab Through Narconon Louisiana (http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/9/prweb2942884.htm):

Counting the days till she gets caught again.

Kha Khan
26th September 2009, 03:56 AM
Before posting this, it came up that her 1/2 sister Bijou is also a Scn (didn't know that). Surprising Celebrity Scientologist #5: Bijou Phillips (http://www.zimbio.com/Bijou+Phillips/articles/12/Surprising+Celebrity+Scientologist+5+Bijou).

Scientologist Bijou Phillips to depressed people: ‘get over it.' (http://www.zimbio.com/Bijou+Phillips/articles/26/Scientologist+Bijou+Phillips+depressed+people):
Scientologist model Bijou Phillips went off on a tangent about the dangers of psychiatrists medicating depression during a recent interview with Paper Magazine.

“My grandparents didn’t take any pills, and they were fine,” Phillips said in the February issue of Paper. “Just buck up and get over it. Stop being such a f—king pansy.”

The budding actress frequents Scientology-sponsored events and spoke out against psychiatry and prescribing patients with medication for such mental illnesses as depression or anxiety.

Phillips, 28, lived alone in New York City after legally emancipating herself from her parents — her father, John Phillips, was in the Mamas and the Papas — when she was 14 years old. After several years on her own, she went to rehab.

GreyWolf
26th September 2009, 03:59 AM
I am truly sorry to hear this. I wish sobriety for her but not the cult that goes with this kind of sobriety.
:confused2:
Bob

omnom
26th September 2009, 05:38 AM
What the hell? Bijou Phillips is a Scientologist? She played Lorna Doom in What We Do Is Secret, a movie about Darby Crash and the Germs. The movie neglected the role of Dianetics in Darby's life, as he went to IPS, a Scn-influenced school run by Holtby, OT8 (now.) This began his love of using words to control others'. See his song, Lexicon Devil, for a bit of insight into his mind at the time.

It explains a bit of the lack of background on this in the movie, which was at least explored in the book chronicling his life. There's two references to Dianetics/Scientology in the film: one was an actor playing Holtby giving a few lines describing Crash, and the other a cut scene while driving by Big Blue.

This saddens me, as I really like that movie, and her performance in it.

FinallyFree
26th September 2009, 05:53 AM

But she doesn't have to ever worry about OSA telling her deepest, darkest secrets - she told them on Oprah. LOL!!! Now half the world knows her secrets.

OH MY GOD!!! I thought her eyes were fuked up!!!! OH MY! I thought it was the drugs! Maybe the incestuous relationship with her father - I should have guessed!!! It is scientology!

Seriously though: Poor, poor soul. She needs real help and now she may never get it. I feel so sorry for her.

Good twin
26th September 2009, 01:33 PM

AngeloV
26th September 2009, 04:02 PM
I don't see a good future for her, narcinon or not. She has a cocaine AND heroin addiction and was arrested as late as last year possessing the stuff. To be 49 and still using hard drugs like that .... her addiction runs very, very deep.

Ladybird
26th September 2009, 04:54 PM
I don't see a good future for her, narcinon or not. She has a cocaine AND heroin addiction and was arrested as late as last year possessing the stuff. To be 49 and still using hard drugs like that .... her addiction runs very, very deep.

I agree AngeloV. Mackenzie has issues that scientology can't handle and her crash and burn is of no use to scientology. The cult will drop her and claim no affiliation. Now they are claiming credit for getting Mackenzie Phillips off drugs.

oops, the cult is abandoning her already!

From ars:

All the Narconon references seem to have been removed from the
comments on this CBS News story. But Google's cache had three of
them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/24/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main5335218.shtml

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
26th September 2009, 04:59 PM
I agree AngeloV. Mackenzie has issues that scientology can't handle and her crash and burn is of no use to scientology. The cult will drop her and claim no affiliation. Now they are claiming credit for getting Mackenzie Phillips off drugs.

oops, the cult is abandoning her already!

From ars:

All the Narconon references seem to have been removed from the
comments on this CBS News story. But Google's cache had three of
them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/24/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main5335218.shtml

This is a common reoccurring theme when it comes to Scientology, you take a person who is messed up, replace their problem with a completely different set of problems, which leaves the person even more messed up that when they were introduced to Scientology, hand them a framed certificate, and call it a success story.

Stephanie
26th September 2009, 06:29 PM
MacKenzie agreed to a incestuous relationship with her father at 19 years old, that two adults consenting to carnal knowledge, that is just disgusting.

Bijou is most definitely a Scion, I've seen her at Scio doctors offices, she has a spoiled bent about her. I've seen her out on dates with Danny Masterson, who most definitely got her into the cult.

***the celebrity exception is equally disgusting. she had an incestuous relationship with her father for ten years and an abortion. i wonder if any sodomy was performed, because i have heard of people being given low ethics gradients as they were having consentual sodomy with their spouses.

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 07:22 PM
This is a common reoccurring theme when it comes to Scientology, you take a person who is messed up, replace their problem with a completely different set of problems, which leaves the person even more messed up that when they were introduced to Scientology, hand them a framed certificate, and call it a success story.

Then if they ever fall on their face, Scientology walks away claiming they didn't apply the tech correctly. As long as they are out of money that is.

Iknowtoomuch
26th September 2009, 07:24 PM
MacKenzie agreed to a incestuous relationship with her father at 19 years old, that two adults consenting to carnal knowledge, that is just disgusting.

Bijou is most definitely a Scion, I've seen her at Scio doctors offices, she has a spoiled bent about her. I've seen her out on dates with Danny Masterson, who most definitely got her into the cult.

***the celebrity exception is equally disgusting. she had an incestuous relationship with her father for ten years and an abortion. i wonder if any sodomy was performed, because i have heard of people being given low ethics gradients as they were having consentual sodomy with their spouses.

What's really fucked up about this is if this were the average person, Scientology would turn the person around and walk them out the door. But because she has money and she's a celebrity, they let it go.

Blue Spirit
26th September 2009, 08:13 PM
What's really fucked up about this is if this were the average person, Scientology would turn the person around and walk them out the door. But because she has money and she's a celebrity, they let it go.

Skip the Celebrity. Only the MONEY is required. :angry:

Scale of Motivation:

Duty
Personal Conviction
Personal Gain
MONEY

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
26th September 2009, 08:22 PM
Then if they ever fall on their face, Scientology walks away claiming they didn't apply the tech correctly. As long as they are out of money that is.

We all know there is an infinite amount of excuse why the tech never works as advertised, and not a single example of it even actually producing a Clear or OT.

In this day and age of the internet, when it's all out in the open, you'd have to be a complete moron to waste your time playing Hubbard's con game

Wisened One
27th September 2009, 09:50 PM
Geesh. I liked Mackenzie from the disney series 'So Weird'.

Guess she's found a new drug now, huh? :eyeroll:

Lohan2008
28th September 2009, 01:30 AM
"High on Arrival"

Review by Giuliana

I started to read this book the day it was released, yes, her admittance on voluntary incest was the enticer, but I had hoped for an in depth accountability on her part for her actions of spending over half of her life on drugs and a path of obvious sociopathic lifestyle. First of all, the book is written terribly and has no flow or premise. Who exactly did she write this book for? To enlighten people on the perils of drug abuse, the downfalls of a privledged life of money and fame, or to blame her father for everything that has gone wrong in her life? Or did she write this book for the continued "glorious buck"? There have been many books written about people who have lived a rock star's life (i.e., Eric Clapton, Patty Boyd, ecc), and how they have cleaned up their act, but what is missing out of McKenzie's version is the depth, spiritual remorse, and clear understanding of what exactly went down, why it went down, and how it may of "really" happened. Good luck to her, she needs it. This book is a bore and there are others offering a better more honest read.

Amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.com/High-Arrival-Mackenzie-Phillips/product-reviews/143915385X/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_5?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addFiveStar

Iknowtoomuch
28th September 2009, 01:37 AM
Loved this review...

8 of 28 people found the following review helpful:
TRASH For CASH, September 24, 2009
By Tommywood "tommywood" (NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Ca USA) - See all my reviews

This Book Should Have Been Titled TMI(Too Much Information). I really dont understand The Purpose of This Book except to only Cash in On The Trashy Details Of a Very Sad Life. MacKenzie Claims that she wrote this book to help other Incest Victims But Therein Lies The Rub Because MacKenzie Was Not a Victim but a Willing Participant In a Very Sick Sexual Relationship with her Father. For The People who are Supporting Her with the publication of this book, you need to read the ages again that MacKenzie says the Sex started with her dad, it wasnt 5 years old, it wasnt 12 years old, it was EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD and the Sex went on for a decade which would have made her 28 years old when it ended. This wasnt a Child But a GROWN WOMAN Who CHOSE to Have Sex with her father. For the people who say that it was the drugs that made her do it, In the Book, Mackenzie says that there were times she had sex with her father and WASNT under the Influence of Drugs. There is a part in the book where MacKenzie Says that She became Pregnant and didnt know if the baby was Her Husbands or her Fathers(Yes she still had sex with daddy even when she was married). It was only then, after she aborted the baby(which daddy paid for) that she says the sex ended and she never let her father touch her again. I find that passage particularly bizarre because it took her 10 years and possibly getting knocked up with daddy's baby that she FINALLY realises that it is WRONG! It is almost laughable if it wasnt so tragic! Yes, her late father does bare alot of the Responsibility but keep in mind that mackenzie wasnt an innocent child but a grown woman when she started having sex with her father. I feel sorry for her, I feel sorry that she feels the need to hurt those around her just to make a few bucks(sadly the book will be a huge bestseller). As far as The Book helpig others, this is actually the first time I have ever heard of a child CONSENTING to having sex with their father so I dont know how many people out there that would apply to. I also Feel that MacKenzie's Constant Proclimations that she is an "Incest Survivor" actually is an Insult to all the Children Out there who are Incest Survivors and MacKenzie shouldnt compare herself to these Poor Helpless Children because MacKenzie had a choice, these children didnt. Dont waste your money on this Tabloid Mess of a Book!

Kathy (ImOut)
28th September 2009, 03:29 AM
I'm starting to wonder if she didn't write the book so that she will have money to pay for services. She's drowning in her on illusions and I get that she sees Scn as a way out. Too bad that it really won't help her out of her mess. And what the hell happened to "responsibility" in the CofS?

But as I wrote before, no one can fair game her on her secrets - she's already spilled the beans on that.

Stephanie
28th September 2009, 11:25 PM
Now that she doesn't have anything to hide or be ashamed of, what will the COS hold over her head when she realizes she needs to write a book entitled,' How celebrities are treated in Scientology'.

Lohan2008
29th September 2009, 06:03 AM
what will the COS hold over her head when she realizes she needs to write a book entitled,' How celebrities are treated in Scientology'.

Which one? the book sponsored by the Church or the "Tell ALL" tabloid, after she has cashed in on first book and then stabbed CofS in their tiny little black heart ? :muhahaha:

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
29th September 2009, 06:21 AM
I'm starting to wonder if she didn't write the book so that she will have money to pay for services. She's drowning in her on illusions and I get that she sees Scn as a way out. Too bad that it really won't help her out of her mess. And what the hell happened to "responsibility" in the CofS?

But as I wrote before, no one can fair game her on her secrets - she's already spilled the beans on that.

It's no coincidence that Hubbard's tech only finds crazy ass shit like this in it's victims pasts. She either wrote the book to pay the cult, or the cult implanted her with theses thoughts and suggested that she write the book to help with her healing and of course use the money for more brain scrambling by the cult.

uniquemand
29th September 2009, 06:22 AM
Of course she wrote it to have money for services. The bit about "granting beingness" and Narconon is a dead giveaway. I actually was sitting in Brooklyn with my brother's wife waiting for him to come home from work when I saw this show on Oprah. I couldn't believe Scientology wasn't mentioned on the show, after the references she was making. Oprah is a tool.

Iknowtoomuch
29th September 2009, 08:34 AM
Is this really good PR for Scientology!!:D

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
29th September 2009, 12:49 PM
Is this really good PR for Scientology!!:D

When it comes to PR this is about as good as it gets for Scientology, let's face it aside from a small group of people who seem to be living in a vacuum, the only reason people show any interested at all in Scientology is because they are looking to be entertained by a train wreck

well_that_sucked
29th September 2009, 09:59 PM
deleted

FinallyFree
29th September 2009, 10:21 PM
When it comes to PR this is about as good as it gets for Scientology, let's face it aside from a small group of people who seem to be living in a vacuum, the only reason people show any interested at all in Scientology is because they are looking to be entertained by a train wreck

Isn't that why we're here? :confused2:

AngeloV
29th September 2009, 10:27 PM

Much as I hate admit it, something deep in my animal brain does, occasionally, like train wrecks. :p And I'm sure interested in seeing this one to the end.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
29th September 2009, 10:37 PM

That's the main reason I'm here and to warn anyone thinking of entertaining the thought of dabbling in Hubbard's mindfuck to find something less self destructive to get involved in.

FinallyFree
29th September 2009, 10:41 PM
That was mostly a joke.

Lohan2008
30th September 2009, 01:00 AM
the only reason people show any interested at all in Scientology is because they are looking to be entertained by a train wreck

:yes:

Searcher Again
30th September 2009, 03:29 AM
Good for Machenzie getting off the Drugs.

Unfortunately for her if she has become a Scientologist, she, from what I can see, would be an Illegal PC.

She will spend a lot of money, time and Training to even get remotely close to Clear and that could keep her clean.

She could always join Staff but I don't think that is going to happen.

Guess we will see.

roxy
30th September 2009, 03:37 AM
I seem to recall she was "in" quite a while ago. If anyone else recalls this, then she has reverted to drugs several times in between. This was at CCLA arond the mid 70s. Anyone else recall this?

Kathy (ImOut)
22nd January 2010, 10:11 PM
I just found this out today, watching Ellen Degeneres' show from yesterday.

Mackenzie Phillips did the Dr. Drew (Celebrity Rehab) show. I wonder if this was before or after she did Narconon?

You can catch the Dr. Drew show on VH1.

thetanic
22nd January 2010, 10:14 PM
I thought she'd been a quasi-Scn for a long time, like > 20 years.

Kathy (ImOut)
22nd January 2010, 10:16 PM
I thought she'd been a quasi-Scn for a long time, like > 20 years.

I have no clue. I just saw her on a clip for Dr. Drew on Ellen. I'm recording the Dr. Drew show tonight to watch this weekend. And apparently, these shows were filmed some time ago. Don't know how long ago, but some X amount of time ago.

Dennis Rodman was in the clip also.

Zinjifar
22nd January 2010, 11:03 PM
Dennis Rodman can't be a Scn; he's Xenu

Zinj

GoNuclear
22nd January 2010, 11:24 PM
I met Mackenzie Philips briefly in 1995. I was doing my fund raising thing for Gospel Missions of America outside of Mrs. Gooches in the San Fernando Valley, the one near Coldwater Canyon and Riverside Drive. She looked frumpy and middle aged. I knew who she was but gave no indication that I did, lots of celebs shopped there and generally didn't like being made a fuss over.

Anyways ... I wish her the best in beating her addiction. I see no reason why a medical problem should be compounded by legal problems just because she (or anyone else for that matter) made some poor choices in medicating herself.

The entire issue of the so-called "war on drugs" and all that goes with it stems from the current basis for the legal system today. Once again, I will post the link: http://www.thinkfree.ca click on "FREE MOVIES!" and watch all of them, starting with "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception"

Pete

Kathy (ImOut)
22nd January 2010, 11:24 PM

Zinj

I know he's not a Scn, he was just part of the Dr. Drew Celebrity Rehab show I saw a clip of.

exsomessenger
22nd January 2010, 11:51 PM
thers is a book called WONDERLAND AVE. It is about the life of danny sugarman he chased the dragon with her a few time. in the bathroom of all places.
:D

Wisened One
23rd January 2010, 12:27 AM
thers is a book called WONDERLAND AVE. It is about the life of danny sugarman he chased the dragon with her a few time. in the bathroom of all places.
:D

Um...what's that mean? :unsure:

Wisened One
23rd January 2010, 12:29 AM
I just watched her on William Shatner's show 'Raw Nerve' a couple weeks ago.

Kathy (ImOut)
23rd January 2010, 12:35 AM
Um...what's that mean? :unsure:

Means they shot up heroin together.

Wisened One
23rd January 2010, 12:37 AM
Means they shot up heroin together.

Oh. Thanks. Figured it may've meant something like that.

Smurf
23rd January 2010, 12:38 AM
There's no evidence that Mackenzie has joined Scientology. She did go through Narconon with Bijou's urging:

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=124997&cat=15

And a clip from "Raw Nerve":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWpUSVze3ac

Wisened One
23rd January 2010, 12:39 AM

Zinj

Really! :yes: Dennis Rodman? A Scn? :laugh:

Zinjifar
23rd January 2010, 01:03 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/42000/Dennis-Rodman-and-his-Pitbull--42018.jpg

Zinj

clamicide
13th June 2011, 04:20 AM
OK...I just googled Mackenzie and Scientology because I've had her season on Celebrity Rehab going in the background on Netflix while working on other stuff (don't ask) and I caught a couple of phrases that made my ears go "huh?" and this thread popped up. Kind of disturbed by some of the comments, so I almost don't want to start the thread up again, but even if she did do the Narcofraud, from what I did see, I sincerely doubt she is a Scilon. Dr. Drew has been critical of the cult, and she did this show going into further rehab which was run by psychs.