PDA

View Full Version : Poor Tommy needs your help

altruistichedonist
29th September 2009, 12:14 AM
I just read Mark Bunker's latest on John Travolta on his xenutv.com site :thumbsup: and in it he quotes Kim Masters article in the daily beast where Tommy Davis :nervous: has stated:

“We could pick and choose isolated sentences, phrases from L. Ron Hubbard’s books and make them sound weird, :duh: and I’m not going to go there.”

So I thought hey why not help the outrageous liar out. So please pick a sentence or phrase from LRH's books and make them sound wierd. :omg: As if that's difficult. I'll add a few of my favorites later. Then I'll post them on whyweprotest. or ... you will. :clap:

omnom
29th September 2009, 12:34 AM
The hinge epicentres later become the hinges of the human jaw. Should you desire to confirm this, describe to some uninitiated person the death of a clam without saying what you are describing. "Can you imagine a clam sitting on the beach, opening and closing its shell very rapidly?" (Make a motion with your thumb and forefinger of a rapid opening and closing). The victim may grip his jaws with his hand and feel quite upset. He may even have to have a few teeth pulled: At the very least, he will argue as to whether or not the shell stays open at the end or closed. And he will, with no hint of the death aspect of it, talk about the "poor clam" and he will feel quite sad emotionally.

Had to start with a classic.

altruistichedonist
29th September 2009, 01:43 AM
Here's a few of my favorites:

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. :ohmy: You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them.:duh: " - L. Ron Hubbard, "Off the Time Track," lecture of June 1952, excerpted in JOURNAL OF SCIENTOLOGY issue 18-G, reprinted in TECHNICAL VOLUMES OF DIANETICS & SCIENTOLOGY, vol. 1, page 418

"Scientology...is not a psycho-therapy nor a religion.:confused2: " - L. Ron Hubbard's "Creation of Human Ability", page 251

"Scientology is the only specific (cure) for radiation (atomic bomb) burns:melodramatic: " - L. Ron Hubbard's "All about Radiation", page 109

"Benzedrine often helps a case run.:thumbsup: " - L. Ron Hubbard, "The Intensive Processing Procedure," 1950

"Now we say there's, well, another place in the world-there's India. Wonderful place - except for its people.:omg: " - L. Ron Hubbard, "The Control of Hysteria" (lecture), 15 April 1957

Dianetics is a science; as such, it has no opinion about religion, for sciences are based on natural laws, not on opinions.:eyeroll: " - L. Ron Hubbard, "Dianetic Auditor's Bulletin", October 1950

But my all time favorite Scientology hypocracy is the one from the student tapes where LRH talks about not wanting to create a "rico et pobre" society, which is exactly what Hubbard did either consciously or not and DM :grouch: is doing deliberately. Keeping the staff poor while he cavorts with the rich all the while imbibing scotch. What an Idiot :dieslaughing: !

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
29th September 2009, 02:16 AM
I just read Mark Bunker's latest on John Travolta on his xenutv.com site :thumbsup: and in it he quotes Kim Masters article in the daily beast where Tommy Davis :nervous: has stated:

“We could pick and choose isolated sentences, phrases from L. Ron Hubbard’s books and make them sound weird, :duh: and I’m not going to go there.”

So I thought hey why not help the outrageous liar out. So please pick a sentence or phrase from LRH's books and make them sound wierd. :omg: As if that's difficult. I'll add a few of my favorites later. Then I'll post them on whyweprotest. or ... you will. :clap:

There's no need to pick and choose isolated sentences with this one, it's batrshit crazy from the minute Hubbard opens his mouth until he stops babbling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NYh_VUWwM

omnom
29th September 2009, 02:26 AM
I'm not, nor have ever been, indoctrinated (and so have not listened to who-knows-how-many hours of LRH drivel,) but that recording sounds suspiciously like a forgery. The way he speaks, as well as comparing the quality of tonality (find another of his tapes from that period with that much bass and lacking the nasal drone effect) with other tapes made during the time frame, make me highly suspect.

I know RJ68 is supposedly rare; could this be the chance to inject some nonsense? This comes to mind because I've seen this video multiple times today alone on at least three forums.

Can someone who recalls or has access to RJ68 confirm or deny the authenticity of this recording? I've heard former Int staff remark that Gold did have a sound-a-like for Hubbard to re-record older, shoddy recordings, so it's possible it's a re-do, but this just seems a bit far-fetched.

As a critic, I have to be critical of all incoming information. I am seriously interested, though.

Mystic
29th September 2009, 02:36 AM
Just choose any ol' "axiom" or "logic" or "pre-logic". Most any one of them is good for a laugh.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
29th September 2009, 02:51 AM
I'm not, nor have ever been, indoctrinated (and so have not listened to who-knows-how-many hours of LRH drivel,) but that recording sounds suspiciously like a forgery. The way he speaks, as well as comparing the quality of tonality (find another of his tapes from that period with that much bass and lacking the nasal drone effect) with other tapes made during the time frame, make me highly suspect.

I know RJ68 is supposedly rare; could this be the chance to inject some nonsense? This comes to mind because I've seen this video multiple times today alone on at least three forums.

Can someone who recalls or has access to RJ68 confirm or deny the authenticity of this recording? I've heard former Int staff remark that Gold did have a sound-a-like for Hubbard to re-record older, shoddy recordings, so it's possible it's a re-do, but this just seems a bit far-fetched.

As a critic, I have to be critical of all incoming information. I am seriously interested, though.

Here is the full edited version that the cult tries to get deleted for copyright infringements every time someone uploads it, all 100 minutes of it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4D4V7ND

altruistichedonist
29th September 2009, 04:14 AM
:wink2: Thanks ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn. I've gotta a copy now (RJ68) and I'll listen all of it sometime soon. Does sound very clear, which is ODD:unsure: , but it's definitely :omg: LRH's voice:D . Guess OSA loses again:bigcry: !

Lohan2008
29th September 2009, 05:36 AM
E-meter: does not diagnose or cure anything. p562 "What is Scientology" :duh:

Free Being Me
29th September 2009, 08:19 AM
THE CODE OF HONOR
Never desert a comrade in need, in danger, or in trouble.
(Scientology 0-8)
I bet Mary Sue Hubbard thought of this a lot as she sat in prison while Ron was enjoying himself in California.

Sharone Stainforth
29th September 2009, 10:22 PM
Lohan wrote:

E-meter: does not diagnose or cure anything. p562 "What is Scientology"

Exactly, What is Scientology?

I spoke to someone tonight who had never heard of it and their immediate responce was "sounds like something to do with science", Now theres' the thing. You are meant to think that. If its' scientific it must work , right.

Wrong!

It's all a play on words, to sucker you in.

Well, I'm sick of words, I'm sick of Scientology. I'm sick to death of everything to do with Scientology. I'm sick to death of the arguements, of the crazy verbal tech,I'm sick of the deaths, I'm sick of listening to the debates as to whether the "tech" works or not. It dosen't work, because if it did, we would not be here discussing it. We would all be up on some other plain, being amazing ots and IF we were really OT we would not need this or any other message board because we would all be bloody telepathic and would not need any message boards.

How many people have you had a direct mind link with recently? Can you read minds? Can you tell me exactly what I am thinking right NOW? Not just going by my written word, But what I am really thinking? Can YOU???????????

And IF you think this means I am going to slink away in SILENCE, you have another think coming.

Terril park
29th September 2009, 11:59 PM
And IF you think this means I am going to slink away in SILENCE, you have another think coming.

Go Sharone :)