PDA

View Full Version : Kirstie Alley to star in new reality series

Sassy
4th November 2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/03/kirstie.alley.show/index.html

No mention of whether they'll follow her to her cult meetings. And I thought she had a SON and a daughter? I've always thought she is a very funny person, maybe they'll get some good footage if she blows out of scio. :thumbsup:

Hatshepsut
4th November 2009, 11:52 AM
I loved her in Fat Actress. So funny. :eyeroll:

Sassy
4th November 2009, 12:28 PM
I loved her in Fat Actress. So funny. :eyeroll:
And Veronica's Closet too. She seems to be pretty level-headed, maybe she'll be the big news with a high-profile blow on film, and what leads up to that point? :coolwink:
Think she'd get some attention?

Kathy (ImOut)
4th November 2009, 12:52 PM
She was on Oprah yesterday. She went back and cleaned the house she used to clean when she was 16. I wish she'd come clean my house. She's the only person I've ever heard of that likes to clean bathrooms (including the toilet).

Yes, she does have a son and a daughter. They showed them on Oprah.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
4th November 2009, 12:56 PM
She may be a total nut job, but she is probably one of the best actors who still belongs to the cult. Most of the cult actors are very robotic and boring, where she still has the ability to display emotion rather convincingly

lionheart
4th November 2009, 01:10 PM
The programmes will be heavily manicured by her Scn handlers.

If they are too manicured, the public will recognise them as unreality reality programmes! :yes:

Lots of opportunities for critics to tell the true reality on the review pages and maybe even Kirstie will read some of them when looking at her reviews.

Great opportunity for a win-win situation for the critics. :thumbsup:

AngeloV
4th November 2009, 01:27 PM
She may be a total nut job, but she is probably one of the best actors who still belongs to the cult. Most of the cult actors are very robotic and boring, where she still has the ability to display emotion rather convincingly

And because she is not a robot she may be more open to what we critics are saying about the cult. I would so love it if she left the church.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
4th November 2009, 01:40 PM
And because she is not a robot she may be more open to what we critics are saying about the cult. I would so love it if she left the church.

I wouldn't count on that, she is about as crazy as they come. According to the entires she posted on her twitter page, she thinks the imaginary evil psychs force doctors to squirt liquid Prozac into babies eyes when they are born

http://www.fafarazzi.com/gossip/539004/Kirstie-Alley-wants-to-lead-march-against-Mothers-Act-bill

AngeloV
4th November 2009, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't count on that, she is about as crazy as they come. According to the entires she posted on her twitter page, she thinks the imaginary evil psychs force doctors to squirt liquid Prozac into babies eyes when they are born

http://www.fafarazzi.com/gossip/539004/Kirstie-Alley-wants-to-lead-march-against-Mothers-Act-bill

That's too bad. She does sound wacked.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
4th November 2009, 01:49 PM
That's too bad. She does sound wacked.

Yep there's only two types of people Scientology creates ... crazy people, and ex-Scientologists.

Kathy (ImOut)
4th November 2009, 02:14 PM

The way Kirstie jokes about so many things, I wouldn't be certain that she's serious. She's a huge joker - loves to be flippant about some pretty important stuff.

OHTEEATE
4th November 2009, 02:46 PM
I met Kirstie in 2005, at the pool of the Sandcastle. She was easy to talk to, funny, and very outgoing. It was at the time when she met the founders of Jenny Craig, who were Scientologists also on AO FSO lines. They had just sold Jenny Craig to Nestle for mega millions, but still had some imput creatively. Kirstie got paid big to be their spokeswoman. That following on the heels of her PierOne deal. Then, she did Fat Actress. No matter what you say about her, she has a TON of money. Or, to use her term "a gazillion" dollars. I hope she can get her weight off and keep it off, as it is hard on the body to be too overweight. I also hope she finds a great guy who loves her for who she is, not her looks or money.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
4th November 2009, 03:10 PM
I met Kirstie in 2005, at the pool of the Sandcastle. She was easy to talk to, funny, and very outgoing. It was at the time when she met the founders of Jenny Craig, who were Scientologists also on AO FSO lines. They had just sold Jenny Craig to Nestle for mega millions, but still had some imput creatively. Kirstie got paid big to be their spokeswoman. That following on the heels of her PierOne deal. Then, she did Fat Actress. No matter what you say about her, she has a TON of money. Or, to use her term "a gazillion" dollars. I hope she can get her weight off and keep it off, as it is hard on the body to be too overweight. I also hope she finds a great guy who loves her for who she is, not her looks or money.

I don't think she is hurting for money. If I remember correctly she had to pay her ex-husband quite a bit in alimony due to her income and net-worth relative to his. Unless of course the cult found away to drain her bank account

Wisened One
4th November 2009, 04:52 PM
I too met Kirstie on a few occasions.

She was at the Memphis Mission's Grand Opening.
(So was Jenna Elfman, Lisa Marie, Priscilla Presley, Juliette Lewis, Isaac Hayes).

She's also been up here to her Mission in Wichita, KS several times.

She seemed nice.

One year she talked to a small group of Mission public and staff (we were there too as Mission helpers, if db Freeloaders). But she made us laugh and was very personable.

Talked all about how Dianetics got her off drugs and stuff.

Voltaire's Child
5th November 2009, 12:54 AM
Well, there are church members who are quite fervent but are also quite funny at times. The DSA of my old org is a total fanatic and ruthless and mean, but when she's just talking socially, she has a wickedly funny sense of humor.

So I certainly hope Kirstie can figure out that the cult's no good, but who knows? Maybe someone like Skip Press (who posts on a.r.s.) who knows a lot of celebs or someone like that can shed some light re her possible mindset. Dunno.

I like her acting but then again, I like a certain other Scn actor's acting - and that person isn't likely to ever ditch Scn...

Cadetification
13th November 2009, 02:09 AM
I've met her before. Shes one of those people whos really nice in a public situation but is a real bitch as soon as shes out of the publics eye.

Wisened One
13th November 2009, 02:32 AM
I've met her before. Shes one of those people whos really nice in a public situation but is a real bitch as soon as shes out of the publics eye.

I can believe that about her...Lisa Marie, too.

Blue Spirit
13th November 2009, 03:09 AM
The way Kirstie jokes about so many things, I wouldn't be certain that she's serious. She's a huge joker - loves to be flippant about some pretty important stuff.

I was at Flag graduation some years ago when Kirstie spoke and even in that

place she was so funny I was almost rolling in the aisle, talking about coming to

class barefoot and whatever. I was laughing harder than anyone and the C.O.

was keeping a totally straight face. What a fucking serious place.

Seriousness = Mass, LRH (I should have seen the outpoint :duh: )

Now I consider that Kirstie just puts a bad taste in my mouth because she is

just like the others sycophantically following DM to Oblivion.

She is assigned Treason. Now, how do I enforce that ?

I think generally the stars have such a cushy life the thought of rocking

the boat is avoided.

Kudos again to Jason Beghe for stepping out and calling it like he sees it.

I saw John Travolta on TV yesterday with his daughter and you know he

made me sick with sweetness and cloyingly propitiative feeling of please

everyone. He won't be leaving Scientology.