PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta says Scientology Helping Him Heal.

Wisened One
9th November 2009, 10:54 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/john-travolta-scientology-helping-us-heal-after-jetts-death/30891?nc

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
9th November 2009, 11:01 PM
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/john-travolta-scientology-helping-us-heal-after-jetts-death/30891?nc

Too bad bad Scientology helped John Travolta avoid seeking medical treatment for his son's condition

Too bad John Travolta's son is dead

Too bad Scientology was the reason John Travolta needed to heal in the first place.

But ... Thanks Ron for helping John Travolta heal from the mind fuck you created that made him pretend his dead son didn't have a medical condition.

pollywannacracker
9th November 2009, 11:03 PM
Ahhhh...

But was that really him talking or just saying what the church wants him to say.

My hope is that he has the time to heal and do some soul searching as well.

My best to his family. :yes:

Wisened One
9th November 2009, 11:06 PM
Ahhhh...

But was that really him talking or just saying what the church wants him to say.

I know, the article DOES seem strange....like he felt he HAD to say something like that...idk...

My heart still goes out to them.

ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn
9th November 2009, 11:15 PM
Ahhhh...

Do you need to ask? He's a Scientologist ... only SPs are allowed to say what is really on their mind.

AngeloV
9th November 2009, 11:15 PM
"In his extortion trial testimony, Travolta admitted for the first time that his son Jett had autism. He is believed to have kept his son's condition a secret because of the way Scientologists view illness."

Keeping it a secret probably screwed up any chance.....

Of course, you 'pull in' autism, right Ron? Right scios? Damn this pisses me off.

Wake up John and quit letting scio tell you how to handle medical conditions.

SCIOs DON'T KNOW SQAT ABOUT MEDICAL CONDITIONS!

For cryin' out loud.

Carmel
9th November 2009, 11:20 PM
They didn't actually quote Travolta even mentioning the Church (they quoted Preston though).

Besides, whatever he may say to the media, we don't know where he actually sits in regard to Scientology. Hasn't it been reported here and elsewhere that the CofS has something over JT? (just like they have over so many)

I hope one day that he, like many in similar positions, will be free from any pressure from the CofS to toe the line, and that he can get on with his life before it's too late.

Type4_PTS
9th November 2009, 11:24 PM
I know, the article DOES seem strange....like he felt he HAD to say something like that...idk...

When you read Kelly's words, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the "spiritual counseling" they received from scientology. (like the part I made bold below).

Travolta, 45, said he has been overwhelmed by all the support.
"You need your friends a lot in times like that," he said.
Preston, 47, added that the "outpouring of love from, really, worldwide has been extraordinary. It's been our friends, our family, our church. We partake in spiritual counseling pretty much daily."
Still, she said, "It's a tricky thing. Sometimes, something that's right for the moment is not right the next day. Being with people who are important to you, being with people that you love, I think that's what has primarily helped us the most. Sometimes, being alone, too."

MichelleAsWell
9th November 2009, 11:27 PM
I hope one day that he, like many in similar positions, will be free from any pressure from the CofS to toe the line, and that he can get on with his life before it's too late.

I hope they don't break his mind with their quackery in his time of incredible grief.

Wisened One
9th November 2009, 11:31 PM
They didn't actually quote Travolta even mentioning the Church (they quoted Preston though).

Besides, whatever he may say to the media, we don't know where he actually sits in regard to Scientology. Hasn't it been reported here and elsewhere that the CofS has something over JT? (just like they have over so many)

Yeah, you're right, Travolta wasn't 'quoted'. The very first part of the article:

"In his first interview since son Jett's tragic death last January, Scientologist John Travolta (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrities/john-travolta) says he and his family are relying on almost daily religious counseling sessions to help them cope. "

Seems more like it's an article putting words in JT's mind, when he may not really be feeling this way about scn..

smartone
9th November 2009, 11:59 PM
Ahhhh...

Yup, I thought the same thing. :yes:

Smilla
10th November 2009, 12:10 AM
That would be what he was told to think, I think?

Smilla
10th November 2009, 12:13 AM

I think that he'd love to leave, and would do so if it wasn't for the hold that they have on him because of.... Well, you know what.

Iknowtoomuch
10th November 2009, 12:23 AM
I would like to think they have at least seen a few problems with Scientology.

MyLittleFriend
10th November 2009, 02:39 AM
:whistling: Travolta, 45........ he's 55. But I'd like to be 45 as well.

Preston, 47, added that the "outpouring of love from, really, worldwide has been extraordinary. It's been our friends, our family, our church. We partake in spiritual counseling pretty much daily."
Still, she said, "It's a tricky thing. Sometimes, something that's right for the moment is not right the next day. Being with people who are important to you, being with people that you love, I think that's what has primarily helped us the most. Sometimes, being alone, too."

Type4_PTS
10th November 2009, 02:53 AM
:whistling: Travolta, 45........ he's 55. But I'd like to be 45 as well.

I just copied part of the original article and pasted it here but you're right that he's definitely not 45.

Hatshepsut
10th November 2009, 08:00 AM
I just copied part of the original article and pasted it here but you're right that he's definitely not 45.

WikiAnswers - Travolta question: John travolta is how old now? 55 years (born February 18, 1954)

I told you I was trouble
10th November 2009, 10:55 AM
When you read Kelly's words, it's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the "spiritual counseling" they received from scientology. (like the part I made bold below).

:omg:

DAILY counselling?

... that is amazing and further 'proof' that celebs are treated very differently to the rank and file.

Imagine the cost of such auditing (assuming that's what she means) ... there are three of them and it has been almost a year, the cost would be enormous (IF they are paying).

A 'normal' scientologist would be told to get over it (or feel they had to) after around 20 minutes, maximum (with or without a session).

:whistling:

Clearly the counselling isn't 'working' ( it sounds as if they are 'roller coasting' like mad ... OK one day and not the next) ... but then ... it wouldn't 'work' would it, you can't just as-is that type of grief.

The only thing that will really help heal is time ... if it ever truly heals, and even a scientology celeb will have to walk that road ... just like the rest of us, there is no magic involved.

It's very sad but a lot of people have a much worse life.

Markus
10th November 2009, 11:47 AM
Does anybody know a way how to get a letter directly to John Travolta.
I really would like to tell him pesonally some details about my brothers life and his very early death in the Sea Org, about the death of Heribert Pfaff (I knew him personally too) and about the huge risks not taking anti seizure medicine. I have an official certificate as a curative education nurse and speaking with professional experience of 18 years in my job. I was responsible for so many people with severe Grand Mal seizures in all these years. And after reading all the stories in the international press I'm sure that the Church of Scientology is responsible for Jett Travoltas very early death!

Please read this thread: http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12557

John please wake up! You are a good guy. So you know that there was and is something very wrong. So please stand up against this cult and stand by your family again.

Love

Markus

Kookaburra
10th November 2009, 11:52 AM

This doesn't surprise me one teensy tiny bit. Just last week I read somewhere that JT had told a close friend that he was no longer a "churchie" Scientologist. Co$ would be all over that like white on rice.

AllisonAnderson
27th November 2009, 10:18 AM
Hey really nice site. I'm just a copy of the original article and paste it here, but you're right, that is definitely not 45. :):yes:

Medical malpractice Law (http://www.medicalmalpracticelawsuit.org/) Learn Nevada Malpractice Law (http://www.medicalmalpracticelawsuit.org/nevada-malpractice-law-2/)

NonScio
28th November 2009, 02:13 AM
I think Travolta may have a misunderstood here...He says scientology
is helping him to HEAL, what he may really mean to say is
scientology is making him HEEL. Nice doggy, John...Heel boy, heel!

GreyWolf
28th November 2009, 02:22 AM
Do you need to ask? He's a Scientologist ... only SPs are allowed to say what is really on their mind.

Thank God I'm an SP

Good twin
28th November 2009, 01:07 PM
Everyone on OT7 gets daily counseling. It's not special treatment. It's not a special grief rundown. It's OT 7. :yes:

Operating Lambda
29th November 2009, 02:29 AM
Seems to me that JT "thinks" that Scn has got him by the short and curlies and that if he publicly steps out they will destroy his career and, possibly, his family and friends.

Now who knows what's buried in his PC and Ethics folders (well DM does, of course) but IF it's only about the gay/bisexual stuff--who gives a flying fuck? In today's Hollywood environment such a public revelation would be a positive boost to his career (not sure about the family though).

It's impossible to believe that he hasn't made some kind of connection between Scn teachings/misguidings and the death of his son.

Step out, JT. You could actually upstage Jason Beghe!

Operating Lambda
29th November 2009, 02:31 AM
New OT 7 IS a grief rundown.

Good twin
29th November 2009, 03:58 AM
New OT 7 IS a grief rundown.

:lol:

looker
10th December 2009, 09:05 AM
Seems to me that JT "thinks" that Scn has got him by the short and curlies and that if he publicly steps out they will destroy his career and, possibly, his family and friends.

Now who knows what's buried in his PC and Ethics folders (well DM does, of course) but IF it's only about the gay/bisexual stuff--who gives a flying fuck? In today's Hollywood environment such a public revelation would be a positive boost to his career (not sure about the family though).

It's impossible to believe that he hasn't made some kind of connection between Scn teachings/misguidings and the death of his son.

Step out, JT. You could actually upstage Jason Beghe!

He cant. He has to make more money to donate to DM for ammends.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20091206/ten-travolta-turned-down-astronaut-offer-c60bd6d.html
Plane crazy Travolta was approached and asked if he'd like to take a seat on one of Virgin's first space flights, scheduled for next year but the Grease star was forced to decline the tempting offer - because it would cost him too much in lost earnings.

looker
14th December 2009, 08:43 AM
Better article from the mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1202077/Is-John-Travolta-cracking-Its-just-grief--guilt--dead-son-tearing-actors-apart.html#ixzz0MOvMahTy

My heart goes out to JT He's a good guy cought in a trap.

3rdman
15th December 2009, 01:23 AM
John's (or more accurately, Scientology's PR) message translated in my head: "Scientology killed my son, but thats okay they made me feel better afterward."

uniquemand
15th December 2009, 01:33 AM
What else would he say?

thetanic
15th December 2009, 04:56 AM
He cant. He has to make more money to donate to DM for ammends.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20091206/ten-travolta-turned-down-astronaut-offer-c60bd6d.html
Plane crazy Travolta was approached and asked if he'd like to take a seat on one of Virgin's first space flights, scheduled for next year but the Grease star was forced to decline the tempting offer - because it would cost him too much in lost earnings.

My guess on this story is that he's auditing on VII and because he's still on VII and getting daily sessions, there's no way to secure the materials (or audit) in space, so he was forced to turn it down.