PDA

View Full Version : Face rips, declares, excommunication and the culture of fear etc.

Vincent
20th November 2009, 03:10 PM
From 20 years personal experience as a senior staff member and a "paying public" - when you're in and paying you're not at risk. You hand over a cheque for $20,000 and you are everyone's friend and there's a lovely sense of being part of something.
Then they want more money. Stats deadline of 2pm Thursday looms again. More staff to recruit - meet your target. More 'gross income' to raise. Someone you know has their son picked up at night, taken to the org, kept there . They're trying to get money or recruit him, I don't remembe what now. The father has to go and get his son out.
I was once accused of something I hadn't done. Two Sea Org members had me bailed up in a room, I felt I couldn't just get up and leave. What was wrong with me? I was afraid of what they could do - cut me off from Scientology, friends, the world I knew.
When you're a Scientologist you often end up living and breathing it, you move away from ex Scientologists (and vice versa), you can even have your childen attend Scientology schools. This is your world.
To have this threatened when you haven't reached the understanding that its actually a load of crap, is very frightening. Progression through the Scientology levels assures you of "surviving". As long as you believe that you can be coerced. I was and now I can't believe I was that stupid.
I also have personal experience of the dirty tricks department, named at various times, Intel Bureau, Information Bureau ..
They used to do their own investigations, now they hire private investigators. Do a search and find out why Mary Sue Hubbard and others were jailed in the US.
So watch out Carmel, Tim, Paul etc. They will be after things to stop you in your tracks.
Scientologists in power will basically stop at nothing to ensure the survival of this group.
And it is NOT a religion. One policy I remember listed the things you had to have in place as 'evidence of religious bona fides' such as having a 'chapel' there and someone around in minister's garb. Even a committed Scientologist would have to admit that it takes a lot of convincing to believe it is a religion.
That's it for me, finally got that off my chest! Thanks for reading this.

Emma
20th November 2009, 03:12 PM
Hey Vincent! Welcome aboard.

What?? Another Aussie???? :omg:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Panda Termint
20th November 2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Vincent, welcome to ESMB. :welcome:

Alanzo
20th November 2009, 03:29 PM
Vincent!

All the cool kids tell their stories so that the whole world can know the real truth about Scientology. The real truth - not the Celebrity Church PR.

It looks like you've got some typing to do!

Welcome to ESMB.

May you never be the same again.

Miss Pert
20th November 2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Vincent and welcome! :happydance:

Voltaire's Child
20th November 2009, 03:40 PM
I would say that Scn is a religion for those who practice it as such. If they don't, then it's not. CofS is mainly a business and, of course, a cult.

smartone
20th November 2009, 03:44 PM
Hi Vincent,

Thanks and welcome to ESMB! :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs
20th November 2009, 03:58 PM
Welcome Vincent

Yes, there is a culture of fear and control in scientology, and I mentioned it in my email to the Prime Minister.

HCObringOrder?
20th November 2009, 04:55 PM
Hey Vincent! Welcome aboard.

What?? Another Aussie???? :omg:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good post Vincent.

Now Emma, there you go trying to make this an Aussie thing again...
It is much bigger than that, it is about this sector of the galaxy and all the galaxies to the anti-spiral of ours.
What?? Another West Galactic Being???? :omg:
(Aw heck with it, who cares about those other galaxies anyway. I am going to move to Australia.)

scooter
20th November 2009, 07:54 PM
From 20 years personal experience as a senior staff member and a "paying public" - when you're in and paying you're not at risk. You hand over a cheque for $20,000 and you are everyone's friend and there's a lovely sense of being part of something.
Then they want more money. Stats deadline of 2pm Thursday looms again. More staff to recruit - meet your target. More 'gross income' to raise. Someone you know has their son picked up at night, taken to the org, kept there . They're trying to get money or recruit him, I don't remembe what now. The father has to go and get his son out.
I was once accused of something I hadn't done. Two Sea Org members had me bailed up in a room, I felt I couldn't just get up and leave. What was wrong with me? I was afraid of what they could do - cut me off from Scientology, friends, the world I knew.
When you're a Scientologist you often end up living and breathing it, you move away from ex Scientologists (and vice versa), you can even have your childen attend Scientology schools. This is your world.
To have this threatened when you haven't reached the understanding that its actually a load of crap, is very frightening. Progression through the Scientology levels assures you of "surviving". As long as you believe that you can be coerced. I was and now I can't believe I was that stupid.
I also have personal experience of the dirty tricks department, named at various times, Intel Bureau, Information Bureau ..
They used to do their own investigations, now they hire private investigators. Do a search and find out why Mary Sue Hubbard and others were jailed in the US.
So watch out Carmel, Tim, Paul etc. They will be after things to stop you in your tracks.
Scientologists in power will basically stop at nothing to ensure the survival of this group.
And it is NOT a religion. One policy I remember listed the things you had to have in place as 'evidence of religious bona fides' such as having a 'chapel' there and someone around in minister's garb. Even a committed Scientologist would have to admit that it takes a lot of convincing to believe it is a religion.

:welcome: Vincent - given your "length of service" and your location, I'm certain we know each other.

Yes there is some danger in what the "Aussie Seven" have done as yes, there is still an OSA around.

But we have friends now who have given us their direct contact details and urged us to immediately report ANY harassment to them as well as the police and they'll go public for us - and they are well-placed friends.

This cult has made its own grave by electing any who oppose it as its "enemies."

Thankfully its arrogance makes it almost impossible for it to make friends, and so it will continue to self-destruct.

So feel free to tell us more of your story - there is little to fear from them these days.

And we love stories here. :drama:

byte301
20th November 2009, 08:36 PM
Welcome, Vincent!

More please. :yes:

skollie
20th November 2009, 09:28 PM
:welcome: Vincent

Sir Facer
20th November 2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your post here, & a big welcome!

Oh how I remember what you and many others have gone through.

I hear exactly what your saying here. Know I have spoken out and researched Scientology to the max, I am no longer "scared" of what OSA or DSA do to drag any of us through the mud, as they have been so exposed it is them that should be careful now, due to the fact the government have concern & due to the fact that more & more people are comming out of the wood work to just back up all claims made, It is getting a lot harder for the "PR" to be kept up and any threats & intimidation.

As far as the evil tactics used to gag people such as using confeesions of parishioners to degrade or threats etc., the general public that hear of this find it unbelievably disgusting & if they start that they are fully aware it will be exposed! so its time for the church to fess up and take whats comming & admit that things said in your post and hundreds more actually do happen and there is not one Ideal Org anywhere on this planet!

Magoo
23rd November 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Vincent! Great to see you here!

But we have friends now who have given us their direct contact details and urged us to immediately report ANY harassment to them as well as the police and they'll go public for us - and they are well-placed friends.

Yes, my suggestion is call your local police and just explain the basics
of you (really any of the Aussie's who have spoken out) leaving, going
public, and Hubbard's basic policy of Fair Game. (This suggestion is true for really anyone who is public re Scientology abuses).

I told them here I just wanted
them to start a file, that I'd report any odd activity, and IF needed, I'd ask
them to watch my home. We've had a few things they've helped on, and I'm quite sure my talking with them before hand helped a lot. (I also explained to them that C of $/OSA would come try to Black PR me to them--so they're aware of their weirdo actions).

Also, EVERY time they screw with me, my home or any other part of my life,
I make a video about it and put it on YouTube. That's just me, but it's helped expose their day to day sick actions. This way there is a public record of it.

I look forward to reading more of your experiences!

My best,

Tory/Magoo

Carmel
23rd November 2009, 04:10 PM
Welcome, Vincent....good ta have ya with us! :thumbsup:

And yes, we'll watch out, but even as outspoken critics, we have less to watch out for than those still in, or those still under the radar. :)

I told you I was trouble
23rd November 2009, 04:18 PM

I remember seeing that ... anyone remember the pl?

Welcome.

:happydance:

Voltaire's Child
23rd November 2009, 06:44 PM
I do remember that, damned if I can remember which reference it is. I'm sure it's in my tech vols somewhere (which I do still have). I think they wrote it after the FCDC raid in the mid 70s, perhaps.

dchoiceisalwaysrs
23rd November 2009, 09:50 PM
The religious facade, yes I remember that.

Larry Brennan did some work on that he could probably expound on it.

Illegal Alien
24th November 2009, 12:45 AM
Hi and welcome to the board.

Freedom of speech is our biggest power and when I say that I am referring to the network of EX members and the power of the internet that connects us all as well as our personal relationships with each other. An attack on any one of us who are outspoken is really an attack on us all as in a matter of minutes this attack becomes global news via our networks and every EX member and interested parties become aware of what OSA is doing or capable of and it just shows their true colors and unites us even more.
I for one recently revealed my true identity on this board and there were a number of reasons I did this but the main one was that it was the only fear control Scio had left on me. Standing up and telling the TRUTH about experiences in Scio as long as they are the truth the monster that is Scientology may bite or snarl but truth will always win sooner or later.:clap:

thetanic
24th November 2009, 01:09 AM
Freedom of speech is our biggest power and when I say that I am referring to the network of EX members and the power of the internet that connects us all as well as our personal relationships with each other. An attack on any one of us who are outspoken is really an attack on us all as in a matter of minutes this attack becomes global news via our networks and every EX member and interested parties become aware of what OSA is doing or capable of and it just shows their true colors and unites us even more.

"They can never take away our freedom" (of speech)

...unless, of course, we agree that they can. That's what they want.

I told you I was trouble
24th November 2009, 04:26 AM
I do remember that, damned if I can remember which reference it is. I'm sure it's in my tech vols somewhere (which I do still have). I think they wrote it after the FCDC raid in the mid 70s, perhaps.

:blowkiss:

Winston Smith
24th November 2009, 04:55 AM
"They can never take away our freedom" (of speech)

...unless, of course, we agree that they can. That's what they want.

And what the fuck do you think Obama is doing right before your eyes? Not one act of his has been according to the US Constitution. He flubbed the oath of office, because he never had any intention of "defending the Constitution of the United States of America." I don't know if your are a US citizen, but now is the most perilous time of our history.

Voltaire's Child
24th November 2009, 03:37 PM

:bighug::handinhand:

Challenge
24th November 2009, 08:15 PM

You may be thinking of a small book entitled something like " The Bona Fides of the Church of Scientology", or very similar title. I have it around here somewhere in my archives. If it is of interest, I will go look for it.

chlng

Voltaire's Child
24th November 2009, 09:41 PM
I'd be interested. I don't think I've seen it...maybe I did a very long time ago. At this point, memory has faded and the blonde moments have increased in ratio to such...

AngeloV
24th November 2009, 09:53 PM
And what the fuck do you think Obama is doing right before your eyes? Not one act of his has been according to the US Constitution. He flubbed the oath of office, because he never had any intention of "defending the Constitution of the United States of America." I don't know if your are a US citizen, but now is the most perilous time of our history.

Jeez WS, chill out. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court flubbed the oath. Obama was trying to recite the correct text. Read it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_President_of_the_United_Stat es

But this is off topic. Maybe we should start a "Rail at the US President" thread. :p

I told you I was trouble
25th November 2009, 08:16 AM
:bighug::handinhand:

Giggle.

Awww Fluff, we are funny you know, you and I, just look at us clomping along hand in hand ... not a care in the world and even wearing matching shoes.

LOL.

Challenge ... I will PM you (thanks).

:happydance:

Voltaire's Child
25th November 2009, 01:43 PM
Aw, hey, my shoes match...well, each other anyway. They just don't match yours. I got the pink ones on today and you're wearning ...

(looks down)

Oh, my! They're silver with spangles!! Wow, I like yours better!

I told you I was trouble
26th November 2009, 09:21 AM
Aw, hey, my shoes match...well, each other anyway. They just don't match yours. I got the pink ones on today and you're wearning ...

(looks down)

Oh, my! They're silver with spangles!! Wow, I like yours better!

:giggle:

Royal Prince Xenu
26th November 2009, 12:19 PM
Only one person in Sydney org tried to "face rip" me, and it didn't work very well, because I had no idea what he was on about. When If twigged, I was better informed on the subject that he, and drove him back into his shell.