PDA

View Full Version : Aussie "Nic" dodges CofS question in UK

fnx3
14th December 2009, 04:41 AM
Well I may think she is a bit haphazard as an actress but boy, she sure is good at dodging questions on Scientology!

Scientology angle cut from Andrew Marr's Nicole Kidman interview (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/scientology-angle-cut-from-andrew-marrs-nicole-kidman-interview/story-e6frfmvr-1225810232829)

AnonyMary
14th December 2009, 05:49 AM
I think she handled that very well, coinsidering she was there to promote her movie and she does not want to lose her relationship with her children. There's no way she's going to criticize the church to the media. She probably made an agreeement not to for the sake of her family.

She also made a good comment about her Cruise relationship in discussing the Kubrek movie. " When we were committed to each other" or some such. I gather from that that Tom's lack of committment to her is was the thing that tore them apart.

The ladies Home Journal interview earlier last month quotes her as saying that she tore up her journals from that time. Good for her. I tore up all my invoices and it made me feel terrific!

I suspect that she's probably grateful that others speak out on the issue for her since she can't. I bet she read Blown For Good, too, lol.

I love her for getting out and getting on with her life. She's a good role model for those just leaving.

Kutta
14th December 2009, 07:03 AM
There is no way she can criticise Sci. She would lose contact from her adopted children. I am looking forward to the day when she may be able to talk about it.

fnx3
14th December 2009, 07:09 AM
There is no way she can criticise Sci. She would lose contact from her adopted children. I am looking forward to the day when she may be able to talk about it.

Yeah ... I was disappointed that even after all the recent media reports of CofS malpractice that she still didn't "dish" anything on them ... oh brother, TC & his CofS lawyers must really have it stitched up well.:nervous:

Div6
14th December 2009, 02:38 PM
Nic is a class act, no question. Cruise is a fool for putting his own selfish interests above her.

Wisened One
14th December 2009, 04:45 PM
Kidman replied: "I'm here to publicize Nine. If I was here to do an expose on myself then I'd be like, 'Let's go,' but I have no interest in discussing any of that."

She said A LOT, imho with that statement.

Go Nicole! :thumbsup:

Wisened One
14th December 2009, 04:48 PM
Nic is a class act, no question. Cruise is a fool for putting his own selfish interests above her.

Cruise wasn't good enough for her..after all, he was Cruise wearing Miscaviage's personality, I'll bet. And it's a good thing she's gone from him, imo! :yes:

uniquemand
14th December 2009, 06:57 PM
Um... yeah. She's hot.

pollywannacracker
14th December 2009, 08:58 PM
Once again, Scn holds itself as Lord over the heads of its former followers.

Nicole handled the interview very well. She's a mother first and foremost and she has to think of her children before revealing anything.

We'll see what she has to say when her children reject cult.

-PWC

supafreak
14th December 2009, 10:43 PM
If I was here to do an expose on myself then I'd be like, 'Let's go,' but I have no interest in discussing any of that."

I so hope she speaks about her Scn experiences one day.

Smilla
14th December 2009, 10:44 PM
She's likable, but she needs to lay off the botox :omg:

Disinfected
14th December 2009, 10:52 PM
Here is the vid.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6956184.ece

Dulloldfart
14th December 2009, 10:54 PM
She's likable, but she needs to lay off the botox :omg:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulinum_toxin [my emphasis]:

Botulinum toxin is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is held to be the most toxic substance known to mankind.

And some people think nothing of injecting it into their bodies?

Ho hum.

Paul

Smilla
14th December 2009, 11:10 PM
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulinum_toxin [my emphasis]:

Botulinum toxin is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is held to be the most toxic substance known to mankind.

And some people think nothing of injecting it into their bodies?

Ho hum.

Paul
It's scary stuff. Have a look at this article.

http://www.topnews.in/usa/botox-may-cause-brain-damage-says-new-study-2185

PS: Do you think that DM might be using it? His face is kind of weird these days.

fnx3
15th December 2009, 03:11 AM
I so hope she speaks about her Scn experiences one day.

Well, it is disappointing that such a MAJOR celebrity as herself fails to denounce the CofS because soooooo many people are influenced by just what they say or do (celebrities that is) ... so yes, it would be far better to see her say something "real" about her own personal experience with Scientology than the blank "nothing" that she has given for so many years.:no:

uniquemand
15th December 2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah, she's kinda hot.

Kutta
15th December 2009, 05:31 AM
fnX3 Don't you understand, if she voiced her criticisms of scientology, she would lose all contact with her 2 older children. One day, I am sure she will burst forth with a torrent of very damning information, but only when she knows it will not jeopardize her communication with those children and theirs with her.

Be aware that Aussies and Kiwis will not tolerate anyone putting our girl down. She's an Aussie and I think Keith Urban was born in NZ, tho grew up in Oz. Aussies tend to steal our celebrities! and our race horses and pavlovas.

fnx3
15th December 2009, 05:58 AM
fnX3 Don't you understand, if she voiced her criticisms of scientology, she would lose all contact with her 2 older children. One day, I am sure she will burst forth with a torrent of very damning information, but only when she knows it will not jeopardize her communication with those children and theirs with her.

Be aware that Aussies and Kiwis will not tolerate anyone putting our girl down. She's an Aussie and I think Keith Urban was born in NZ, tho grew up in Oz. Aussies tend to steal our celebrities! and our race horses and pavlovas.

Well - I am an Aussie too :thumbsup: but really if this could be the reason that she stays zipped on dissing CofS - that she could be disconnected from her children - well then that should be even more reason that she should speak up about it!!! Wowee - with so much media attention on such a situation I am sure it would be able to be overcome - plus those children are nearly adults themselves now & able to "walk" at any time.

Kutta
15th December 2009, 06:12 AM
I do think that is food for thought fnx3, that someone with such a high profile exposing the disconnection crime, would be such bad PR that the 'rules' would be overlooked. On the other hand, I assume that she knows where it would lead, that she knows just how deep into the sci mindset her children are, and that she believes they would follow Tom's lead and just do it - disconnect. I am speculating of course, on both counts.

fnx3
15th December 2009, 06:19 AM
I do think that is food for thought fnx3, that someone with such a high profile exposing the disconnection crime, would be such bad PR that the 'rules' would be overlooked. On the other hand, I assume that she knows where it would lead, that she knows just how deep into the sci mindset her children are, and that she believes they would follow Tom's lead and just do it - disconnect. I am speculating of course, on both counts.

Oh thanx for reminding me of that VERY important point - that the teenagers themselves probably could just decide to side with TC & the CofS - :duh: - yep and then it could be another 15 to 20 years before they see the light & decide to talk to Mum again - mmmm ... I think it is rightly referred to as "being between a rock & a hard place" :no:

Kutta
15th December 2009, 06:25 AM
Hopefully not that long. There has been some magazine goss that the older one, the girl, may be disaffected to some degree. If she is tho, I bet she is being worked on.