PDA

View Full Version : What did YOU get for ExMas?

Good twin
25th December 2009, 07:14 PM
I keep thinking I will run out of ways to express my joy for no longer being enslaved by my beliefs. For the past two years I have examined facets of myself that I never discovered while in the cult. It's interesting to find others who are able to explain how I feel here on ESMB. Emma has created exactly what we need here.

I'd love to hear from all of my ESMB friends today. Tell me what you've gained this year as part of your exyness. Or just tell me what you got for Christmas.

I got more connected with myself by reconnecting with a few folks I'd lost touch with. I saw more and more people break free. That was awesome. I also found friends who knew me before I was in the cult. That was truly exciting! I rediscovered my childhood by exploring the real Florida. What a joyful adventure!

Today I also found a really cool present under my tree. The family is playing with it right now.

It's the XBOX 360. :omg:

Merry Exmas my friends and wishing you a very Exey New Year!

Good Twin

Wisened One
25th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Oooo Fuuun, an XBox 360! :)

I got a Sony am/fm Clock Radio speaker system for my IPOD from me hubby! :happydance:

I'm gonna see my kids and grandson very soon after the Holidays and take them ll Xmas Shopping but one thing I'm buying my son is a video camera since he loves that kinda thing (and it's a way to ensure I get to 'see' him and my grandson more often too :coolwink:)

Hubby got some new shoes that he been eyeing, and a new coat.

Got my daughter a new jacket, some other things, plus I'll take her shopping when I see her.

All in all, a Great 'ExMas' all-around! :)

What'd you all get? :drama:

SchwimmelPuckel
25th December 2009, 07:57 PM
Rudder Pedals.. (For playing airplane with a computer.) Underwear for arctic conditions (Woolen, with long legs and sleeves.) Super smart electric toothbrush and a book about astronomy (Stars and shit..)

Hmm.. I fergot to wish yea' all a Merry Xmas!!

All together now: Top of lungs and stamping the floor!

I wish you a Merry Chistmas!
And a happyyyyyy Newyear!!
:party:

He-man
25th December 2009, 07:57 PM
I got a renewed subscription for an online game I play and a wooden plate to cut stuff on when cooking. :)

EP - Ethics Particle
25th December 2009, 08:06 PM
The C/S and I were fortunate enough to be invited for Christmas Eve dinner at friends' elegant NYC apartment, where the ambiance, food, drink, conversation and association was the best imaginable.

We were the only couple there with what you might describe as a "standard" relationship.

Among those assembled was even a (gasp) Psychiatrist, and a couple of Psychologists and the odd MD!

If this lovely planet can be salvaged, I'll wager that SPs such as we kept company with last evening will be leading the way.

And at each place setting, there was a homebaked shortbread cookie with the person's name written in chocolate!

More than sufficient Christmas present for anyone, I'd say!

A point has been reached in our life where there is virtually no thing that we need or want...certainly in the way of manufactured products.

Being together and in contact with family and friends...and enjoying good food, good wine and having sufficient leisure to appreciate work is precious beyond measure.

Today we are just relaxing, and will do a rib roast for dinner, just the two of us and the dogs. Life is good at the moment, which is sufficient to the day.

And it is my wish that everyone in the whole world could have these things too.

Love to all,

EP
Mike Horton

HCObringOrder?
25th December 2009, 08:28 PM
Well, this EXmas...

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=NDB2UW93cWuRpb2tnTmM&i-m-gettin-nuttin-for-christmas

:grouch: :grouch: :grouch:

Mest Lover
26th December 2009, 03:00 AM
:happydance: <-my kid says she likes this one.

Most importantly, time with my family!

Opter
26th December 2009, 04:02 AM
I got lots of hugs and some kisses from my grandchildren.

I reconnected with a long "lost" friend, an x scio and had a wonderful time with her and I consider it as one of the best xmas presents ever.:yes::happydance:

Opter

Good twin
26th December 2009, 04:06 AM
My what wonderful responses. My heart sparkles with all the exeyness we are experiencing this Holiday season.

I am so happy to have found all of you. Thanks for the best Exmas ever.

Free to shine
26th December 2009, 04:25 AM
Since I have moved I have reconnected with some of my family, met some exes in person and that is just so wonderful. I was priviledged to be invited to an Xmas brunch with another family, people who have not heard of the cult, and what a joy to see the love they have for each other and the way they interact. Although it made me sad a minute for the present disfunctional parts of my family and all the years of no contact, misinformation, lies and cruelty that scio encourages, I also know that we create our lives in the moment and by appreciating what we have here and now, new sprouts of love and creativity grow.

That sounds awfully gooey - well it is! :D

My favourite gifts are the beautiful plants I was given, a gorgeous yukka, maidenhair and some herbs. Symbols of this new life.

auntpat
26th December 2009, 06:54 AM
It is easy to continue to believe in Santa because I have gifts from several "Santa's". Anonymous people here in Omaha get in touch with those who service Seniors. They ask for Christmas lists and have the services deliver the presents. This year I received a new purple blouse, a $25 gift card from Barnes Nobel, a spaghetti cooker, a book case, a red table cloth, and talcum powder. We really appreciate the gifts we receive and I know the "wogs" enjoyed giving. I wonder how many seniors in Co$ received any thing from Santa.

I just hope that those still caught up in the cult come to realize the love and caring that is available to them in the real world.

Love and Light,
Pat

Zinjifar
26th December 2009, 07:05 AM
I got a rubik's cube, some good and plentys and an australian cowboy hat (black)

Oh, and I got a Rickenbacker 12 string somewhat earlier, but as my major xmas present.

I cleaned up :)

Zinj

Gloria Manchenburg
26th December 2009, 08:04 AM
I got an iPhone. It's the coolest Christmas present anyone has given me in probably ten years.

Mockingbird6
26th December 2009, 09:18 AM
Happy Yule to all! --M6

Mockingbird6
26th December 2009, 09:25 AM
Going to try a smiley face again. :yes: Yay! It worked!

HappyGirl
26th December 2009, 10:09 AM
Great post, GT - your exiest one yet!

I haven't opened my presents yet because I won't get together with the friends giving me presents until Sunday, but I already know that my roommate gave me the CD he promised to download of the Jimmy Spheeris music mentioned on the Txgiving thread. :)

This was my journal entry for today:

I missed [HappyGuy] today, but it was ok. I really do enjoy my life. I enjoy myself. This is the best Xmas ever. I am free to do whatever I want, and Iím doing all my favorite things, starting with being totally alone for a whole day in which I can contemplate in solitude! I am watching the sunset now, my favorite thing, while playing my favorite chorus (Handelís Hallelujah). I got to play with [my cat] and she did lots of sprints! I just came back from a walk by the sea. OMG. I just realized I spent Xmas with God! Let me tell you, that is some fine company.

Zinjifar
26th December 2009, 11:39 AM
Merry Christmas Happy Girl.

Hoping to not sound trite, I'm going to say something I've said to a number of friends recently.

Happy Guy is there. Nothing and nobody who has been here can ever disappear. It's the essence of space/time. The reality is eternal and Happy Guy is eternal. And there anytime you choose to be with him. Nothing can change that now. The sadness is not having *more* of him, and, that's a real shame.

Zinj

Good twin
26th December 2009, 02:13 PM
Thank you ALL for sharing your Exmas with me. I love you dearly.

Deb Lee
26th December 2009, 02:50 PM
We had a quiet day, since I quit the church, lost all my friends.
Was trying to find new ones.

But my kid and I entertained ourselves. Aw a movie.
Today we will do more things.

Check out a musuem, and an 3D IMAX movie, 'Avatar'.

Wisened One
26th December 2009, 05:28 PM
Feelin' all warm n' fuzzy reading this Thread. :grouphug:

Cinnamon_Girl
26th December 2009, 05:35 PM
I got pajamas and a really nice gray sweater from my mother. And I spent time over at the WISE Place (http://www.wiseplace.org) on Christmas morning, as I do every year. I just wish that I'd known about this organization a long time ago. I even got to see Santa and got a bag of Avon products and a beautiful quiche breakfast.
:wink2:

Dulloldfart
26th December 2009, 05:40 PM
I got pajamas and a really nice gray sweater from my mother. And I spent time over at the WISE Place (http://www.wiseplace.org) on Christmas morning, as I do every year. I just wish that I'd known about this organization a long time ago. I even got to see Santa and got a bag of Avon products and a beautiful quiche breakfast.
:wink2:

The WISE Place. Great name for exes. Should do well. :)

Paul

Voltaire's Child
26th December 2009, 06:03 PM
It appears that this has been a very special year for many of us.

I have been given many gifts by the universe. Reconnection with a friend, a few other friendships deepening, the decision that I am no longer an indie Scn'ist, some nice insights through prayer/meditation-- and some more material things like new job (last Spring), significant weight loss, and, yes, Santa brought me diamond earrings.

EP - Ethics Particle
26th December 2009, 06:18 PM
It appears that this has been a very special year for many of us.

I have been given many gifts by the universe. Reconnection with a friend, a few other friendships deepening, the decision that I am no longer an indie Scn'ist, some nice insights through prayer/meditation-- and some more material things like new job (last Spring), significant weight loss, and, yes, Santa brought me diamond earrings.

:omg: Santa prolly lookin' ta git inta yer pants, VC! :eyeroll: Better take precautionz! :whistling:

EP

Voltaire's Child
27th December 2009, 12:51 AM
:dieslaughing::dieslaughing::coolwink:

Voltaire's Child
27th December 2009, 12:52 AM
This would make me a rather expensive lay...

Just sayin'. :coolwink::D

EP - Ethics Particle
27th December 2009, 12:59 AM
This would make me a rather expensive lay...

Just sayin'. :coolwink::D

"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." :yes:

It's true for me! :wink2:

Voltaire's Child
27th December 2009, 01:04 AM
"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." :yes:

It's true for me! :wink2:

(giggling madly and naughtily)

SweetnessandLight
27th December 2009, 04:08 AM
It is easy to continue to believe in Santa because I have gifts from several "Santa's". Anonymous people here in Omaha get in touch with those who service Seniors. They ask for Christmas lists and have the services deliver the presents. This year I received a new purple blouse, a $25 gift card from Barnes Nobel, a spaghetti cooker, a book case, a red table cloth, and talcum powder. We really appreciate the gifts we receive and I know the "wogs" enjoyed giving. I wonder how many seniors in Co$ received any thing from Santa.

I just hope that those still caught up in the cult come to realize the love and caring that is available to them in the real world.

Love and Light,
Pat

Wow, Auntie Pat, you made out like a bandit! How great! People really are kind, aren't they? The purple blouse sounds pretty! :)

SweetnessandLight
27th December 2009, 04:14 AM
The C/S and I were fortunate enough to be invited for Christmas Eve dinner at friends' elegant NYC apartment, where the ambiance, food, drink, conversation and association was the best imaginable.

We were the only couple there with what you might describe as a "standard" relationship.

Among those assembled was even a (gasp) Psychiatrist, and a couple of Psychologists and the odd MD!

If this lovely planet can be salvaged, I'll wager that SPs such as we kept company with last evening will be leading the way.

And at each place setting, there was a homebaked shortbread cookie with the person's name written in chocolate!

More than sufficient Christmas present for anyone, I'd say!

A point has been reached in our life where there is virtually no thing that we need or want...certainly in the way of manufactured products.

Being together and in contact with family and friends...and enjoying good food, good wine and having sufficient leisure to appreciate work is precious beyond measure.
Today we are just relaxing, and will do a rib roast for dinner, just the two of us and the dogs. Life is good at the moment, which is sufficient to the day.

And it is my wish that everyone in the whole world could have these things too.

Love to all,

EP
Mike Horton

Dear Mike, I'm SO PROUD of you! It's really wonderful that you guys had such a lovely Christmas. My sincere prayer is for every single member here to get to the same space you are in, with all material needs met, and happy and content in the moment.

Love to you and your family, Sweet

SweetnessandLight
27th December 2009, 04:25 AM
Had a very nice Yule (Winter Solstice) celebration this year, and a lovely dinner following. Pulled a rune with a very good fortune for the New Year... I'll write it up elsewhere.

I think one of the nicest things was to go to a lovely EXmas party with actual EXes there. And what a jolly group it was! That was very special.

I got Nancy Many's book to read, and one to give for a EXmas present.

Got to meet my first and best friend on this board in person, that was really nice.

Got to walk around downtown and have dinner with a very nice man, and enjoy the Christmas lights, music and decorations. Cheery!

Got to see pretty horses wearing sparkly booties drawing carriages all decorated with lights.

I went to a lunch gathering and another lovely dinner party on Christmas day, very grateful for that, too. I got a gift of a nice bottle of red wine. :p

A very quiet but nice Christmas. So very glad to be over the bad flu, whew! I'm very grateful to be alive, in general! :happydance:

programmer_guy
27th December 2009, 04:32 AM
ZZ Top "Live from Texas" concert on DVD. :)

Money to spend on my network/server rack equipment. :D

"Set the Course for your ETERNITY" DVD from the CofS. :duh:

SweetnessandLight
27th December 2009, 04:38 AM
ZZ Top "Live from Texas" concert on DVD. :)

Money to spend on my network/server rack equipment. :D

"Set the Course for your ETERNITY" DVD from the CofS. :duh:

WAIT a minute, was that a lump of coal in your stocking? :no:

Have you been naughty? :D

Axiom142
27th December 2009, 12:35 PM
I got to see my nephew (6) jumping up and down and shouting ďItís a helicopter!Ē and my niece (nearly 4) jumping up and down and squealing with delight when they saw the presents I had got them.

Later I got a hug and a kiss from them. :bighug:

This was worth more than anything I ever got from Scientology.

Axiom142

Wisened One
27th December 2009, 07:26 PM
I got to see my nephew (6) jumping up and down and shouting ďItís a helicopter!Ē and my niece (nearly 4) jumping up and down and squealing with delight when they saw the presents I had got them.

Later I got a hug and a kiss from them. :bighug:

This was worth more than anything I ever got from Scientology.

Axiom142

Yeah, Buddy! :thumbsup: I too have enjoyed many years since leaving staff and scn enjoying buying gifts for and watching my kids jump up and down in joy for what we've given them. *happysigh*

Just enjoyed my grandson doing the same a few weeks ago when we got him some gifts :yes: :cloud9:

HappyGirl
28th December 2009, 03:55 AM
This thread is still warm and fuzzy! Sweet&Light - I enjoyed reading about your Christmas. :)

I missed [HappyGuy] today, but it was ok.
I just came back from a walk by the sea. OMG. I just realized I spent Xmas with God! Let me tell you, that is some fine company.

Happy Guy is there. Nothing and nobody who has been here can ever disappear. It's the essence of space/time. The reality is eternal and Happy Guy is eternal. And there anytime you choose to be with him. Nothing can change that now.
Perhaps I was being too subtle? That's what I meant by the bolded part above. :)

quietheart
1st January 2010, 12:05 AM
We had 2 great Christmas Days. The first was the weekend before Christmas when we went to my Step-daughters Moms for Family Christmas. I was able to see my Grandbabies and also spend time with their cousins and all the rest of the family. I divorced my ex-husband, not his family, and we were all really glad to have the day together. :thumbsup:This was my oldest girls last Christmas before officially becoming an adult next year :nervous:. We do "Dirty Santa", it's a really fun present game, I ended up getting a really cool electric knife :happydance:. I used it Christmas Day on our turkey and I'm looking forward to trying it on on some fresh baked bread. Christmas day we had a small meal and spent time together watching movies and exchanged a few presents. The girls both got books which made them really happy, plus they share them with me, they are such sweeties. My son got a Battleship game that he LOVES to play with his sisters. I got some work boots that I really wanted :happydance:, and some really cool bath stuff from my kiddos :thumbsup:. I got my bunnies some timothy hay and gave the birds some worms. The cats got some special kibble and the dogs got a bone each. Overall I think everyone here had a great Christmas. Oh yeah, I got a late Christmas present too, my middle brother called from the middle east and also told me he received a promotion to pad chief. I was sooo happy to hear from him and to know he's safe.

Operating DB
1st January 2010, 12:18 AM
Yes! Being a member of ESMB has made be even more exey than I thought I ever could be!

On Xmas Eve I went to a yearly dinner at a friends house who are exes as well. There were 3 other exes there too. Fun times. K and I spent a lot of time joking and degrading, my favorite activity!

I got everything I asked for for Xmas. Including Marc Headleys book "Blown For Good" and Nancy many's book "My Billion Year Contract". I'm half way thru Marcs book and it's hard to put down but when it's going on 6am it really is time to go to bed. :melodramatic:

Here's to a Very Exey New Year!
:booze::booze: