PDA

View Full Version : Katie Holmes in the RPF?

markthehungarian
26th January 2010, 05:02 PM
While searching for any information about the opening of the new Brussels Ideal Org, I came across this story on a Belgian TV station's site.

http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/archive/125463/madame-cruise-sequestree-par-l-eglise-de-scientologie-!/?&archiveYear=2008

It's old news - listed as May 1st (can't tell if it's 2009 or 2008) - but RTL claims that Katie Holmes was sequestered in Gold Base over a 3 month period in a "re-education camp" for having distanced herself from her husband. The story implies that she either a) ran away, or b) left without Tom Cruise's permission.

Paragraph 2 goes on to say that she received this punishment for having decided to travel to New York without Tom, but with Suri. RTL claims she did so to relaunch her career and also to get away from Scientologists. They say that it was Tom Cruise who decided she should do this 3-month stint because it would be good for her soul. The "holiday" included sessions on a lie detector (I'm guessing they mean auditing), exercise, and large doses of... <ends> (could they possibly mean vitamins?)

Does anyone have any information from other sources about this, or does it seem like gossip/BS?

Kathy (ImOut)
26th January 2010, 05:07 PM
I don't know if this is true or not. But it wouldn't surprise me. It would probably be in 2009, tho. Since that's when she was in New York doing that play. Then think back to some of the pics posted - she'd looked worn down, tired, hungry, etc.

Wisened One
26th January 2010, 05:10 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I corrected something you posted (my addition in bold) is that what was meant perhaps? :unsure:

Anyways: It would not surprise me, either! They've done things like this to other celebs too! :yes:

While searching for any information about the opening of the new Brussels Ideal Org, I came across this story on a Belgian TV station's site.

http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/archive/125463/madame-cruise-sequestree-par-l-eglise-de-scientologie-!/?&archiveYear=2008 (http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/archive/125463/madame-cruise-sequestree-par-l-eglise-de-scientologie-%21/?&archiveYear=2008)

It's old news - listed as May 1st (can't tell if it's 2009 or 2008) - but RTL claims that Katie Holmes was sequestered in Gold Base over a 3 month period in a "re-education camp" for having distanced herself from her husband. The story implies that she either a) ran away, or b) left without Tom Cruise's permission.

Paragraph 2 goes on to say that she received this punishment for having decided to travel to New York without Tom, but with Suri. RTL claims she did so to relaunch her career and also to get away from Scientologists. They say that it was Tom Cruise who decided she should do this 3-month stint because it would be good for her soul. The "holiday" included sessions on a lie detector (I'm guessing they mean auditing), exercise, and large doses of... <ends> (could they possibly mean vitamins?)

Does anyone have any information from other sources about this, or does it seem like gossip/BS?

markthehungarian
26th January 2010, 05:37 PM
Thank you, O Wisened One!

I corrected the original. It's a good reminder to read the things I write, several times, to spot errors.

SchwimmelPuckel
26th January 2010, 07:45 PM
If they can push Katie around like that.. Actually put her in a slave labour camp, the RPF (hmm.. possibly a 'milder' RPF than standard issue?).. Well, then I'm dissapointed with her.. Also appalled (all over again!) that The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology can control and humiliate people like that.

:furious:

Lurker5
26th January 2010, 08:01 PM
If this is true, it says a whole hell of a lot about TC . . . too.

I recall hearing, back a year or two, that she was in the sweat/vitamin/vegetable oil(?) rundown, or whatever that is - sorry I don't know what that particular regimen is called. Ick, gulping down large quantities of vegetable oil - GROSS. If I am remembering correctly, TC sent her on that one too. Anyone else hear about that one? Is it the same thing as is being discussed here?

freethinker
26th January 2010, 08:40 PM
If you Google Katie Holmes - Scientology boot camp, you will come up with several articles from numerous publications such as this tabloid:

http://www.starmagazine.com/scientology_boot_camp_katie_holmes/news/14134

Mark A. Baker
26th January 2010, 09:26 PM
It's old news - listed as May 1st (can't tell if it's 2009 or 2008) - but RTL claims that Katie Holmes was sequestered in Gold Base over a 3 month period in a "re-education camp" for having distanced herself from her husband.

Hardly the RPF.

This report reflects a fundamental misconception (m/u). As public & a non-SO scientologist Katie can not be rpf'ed. Hell, she isn't even non-SO staff!

If there is any truth to this story most likely she went on some sort of extended "red carpet treatment" retreat & period of concentrated study & auditing of scientology tech. This would be a great big juicy "carrot" for a scientologists, not at all the sort of "stick" which is customary to the rpf. After the usual acclimation to life within the SO, members of that august group can't even dream of being provided such an opportunity as this would have been.

The thing that so many critics, especially those with no actual experience of scientology, don't seem able to come to grips with is that not everything about involvement with scientology is fundamentally bad much less unpleasant. Many of us former members of the church had very good experiences while members ot the church. Many only left involvement when the organizational insanities became obvious and apparently unfixable from within.

Celebs in general are shielded from the "dark side" of the Co$. Those celebs who may be especially influential, such as the Cruises, are accorded treatment rivaling royalty. Whatever KH's attitude toward scientology, the church, or TC, she certainly didn't experience the rpf as was indicated. Most likely she enjoyed some sort of a pleasant period of extended spiritual "retreat".

Punishment? Ha! This was a "punishment" on the order of having to make do with a clothing allowance in the mere 7 figures. :bigcry:

Mark A. Baker

Anonycat
26th January 2010, 11:45 PM
Dox?

dchoiceisalwaysrs
27th January 2010, 01:32 AM
The article says three days, not three months.."durant trois jours"

Hardly sounds like an RPF, maybe a possible illegal detainment which I experienced on the freewinds for a few days, but RPF? I just don't see it.

The Clam
27th January 2010, 06:43 AM
I got to laugh. Anytime something appears in the media that sheds a bad light on Scn. the anti scn love to jump up and down whether the story is true of false. In all my years of personal experiencing an event or incident reported by the media has been twisted by them to the point that I had to scratch my head in wonderment.

Cherished
27th January 2010, 07:17 AM
Anyways: It would not surprise me, either! They've done things like this to other celebs too! :yes:

Really? Can you give any details, WO? Was the celeb put into the ACTUAL RPF, alongside Sea Orgers or put on a special regime?

Blue Spirit
27th January 2010, 08:54 AM
One thing is most assured, and that is as soon as her written contract time

is up with Tom she will exit, laughing (hopefully) all the way to the bank. :yes:

Sassy
31st January 2010, 09:14 PM
I also remember the stories and photos of Katie with purple hands--isn't this from the high levels of Niacin? This was last year sometime.

Free2Dream
31st January 2010, 09:23 PM
I don't put a whole lot of stock in what the rag mags have to say about anyone, including Katie Holmes. I'm sure she's been exposed, and continues to be exposed, to an enormous amount of $cientology madness. I don't like it and I hope that someday she'll break free and take Suri with her.

Mest Lover
31st January 2010, 09:29 PM
Ick, gulping down large quantities of vegetable oil - GROSS.

nothing like a glass of veggie oil to make you want to puke before you sink that cal/mag into your gut!

Lohan2008
1st February 2010, 01:02 AM
http://www.tomkatcrazy.com/