PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta Can Kiss My A**

FinallyFree
29th January 2010, 06:21 AM
This is so wrong for so many reasons and on so many levels. John, you broke my heart.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100129/ap_on_en_ot/us_people_john_travolta

Travolta says faith helped him through son's death

NEW YORK John Travolta said Thursday that faith has helped him survive the tragic death of his 16-year-old son, Jett.

The actor, a noted Scientologist, walked the red carpet in New York with wife Kelly Preston to promote his new film, "From Paris With Love." The movie was filmed in late 2008, and shooting wrapped just days before Jett Travolta died on Jan. 2, 2009.

"We work hard every day with our church on healing," Travolta said, though he did not mention Scientology by name. "And Kelly and I and Ella have all been working very hard and they've been helping us," he said, referring to himself, Preston and their daughter.

Jett Travolta died year after a seizure at the family's vacation home in the Bahamas.

Asked what gave him the strength to return to his movie career, Travolta said, "Once you get yourself stable, then you're able to reach out again, you know, and I think this whole year every day we've been working on stabilizing ourselves and it's been successful so far."

Travolta flew a jetliner earlier this week carrying relief supplies, doctors and ministers from the Church of Scientology to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, to help survivors of that country's devastating earthquake. He said he is working to bring more aid to Haiti and did not rule out additional flights.

Iknowtoomuch
29th January 2010, 08:15 AM
I guess "faith" is appropriate for Scientology now.:D

Mystic
29th January 2010, 08:26 AM
Well, just ::: sigh :::.

I use to have some hope for this man.

I do not any longer.

::: sigh :::

Martini
29th January 2010, 08:33 AM
It's sounds like he is doing much better. Glad to hear it. Auditing is pretty good at helping recover from a loss, in my opinion. That's part of the glue that makes one put up with all the other crap and cult tactics.

SchwimmelPuckel
29th January 2010, 08:48 AM
This is a serious disappointment for me.. Like Mystic, I had hopes for JT.. I even like the basterd.. He's a good actor.

What the hell is he thinking?

So Scientology is good for makin' short thrift of the grief of losing a loved one?

Hrrmpf! - Knowing Hubbard and his Sinister Cult.. I get nauseous!

Well, If Mr.Travolta is 'uptone' again he is out of danger... The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology recommends 'deleting from society' individuals who are below 2.0 on the 'Tone Scale'..

Whew! - That was close for Mr. Travolta.. For a time there he was really 'downtone'!

Come to think of it.. People with mental disabilities, like autism are considered below 2.0 by that cult.. Also people with any kind of disease, like epilepsy. Being sick is being insane according to scientology... And people with homosexual desires.. They are all to be 'deleted' from society!

So WTF ARE you thinking Mr. Travolta!!???

:duh:

dchoiceisalwaysrs
29th January 2010, 08:55 AM
JT, I am glad you helped in the Haiti crisis and that you are recovering from your loss of your son Jett.

I hope you get your chopper license and drop into the Int base, give each of the staff there $1000 each to take a 6 month sabbatical with their family from whom many have been disconnected. Come talk to those who have been harmed by your faith. You seem to be supporting an organization that deals in crisis....the natural one of Haiti and the created one of the CoS. Both for gaining power and influence. I like you but I am disgusted!

SchwimmelPuckel
29th January 2010, 09:03 AM
Yeh.. I forgot to mention that.. I think it's good that JT flew a load (or two?) of doctors and professionals to Port Au Prince.

But really! - Boot out those amateur Scientology Volunteer Ministers! - They take up seats for the proffesionals that are needed there... Besides.. According to Hubbard doctrine, they can help from a distance can't they? - They can just send some 'postulates' through the spiritual realm. No harm done if they do that...

:yes:

HelluvaHoax!
29th January 2010, 09:09 AM
Dear John,

I am pleased you found something to ease your grief. Perhaps time alone did it, although you claim that your "faith" pulled you thru.

Faith in what, John?

Faith in the words of L. Ron Hubbard?

Faith in the promise of Clear and OT?

Faith in the way the CoS uses its power and resources and money?

Faith in the technology that will take you and your family to Total Freedom?

Faith in the way COB treats his parishioners and staff?

Faith in the way you and your church deal with people who do not agree with your faith?

John, that last one, alone, made me lose my faith in you.

Sincerely,

HH

lionheart
29th January 2010, 10:19 AM
Travolta has always been a victim of Hubbard's cult tech. He shows no sign of breaking free.

This story reminds me of his announcemnet in the 70's that "scientologys saved my life" when he talked about how it helped him overcome his loss and grief.

Scn is a vampire cult that feeds on the distress and losses of "wogs" in order to turn them into Hubbard slaves. Ron even talked openly about this in the PAB's, advising auditors to follow ambulances and scour the funeral listings in newspapers for new victims.

JT is following LRH orders like a true slave of Hubbard's victimology. :bigcry:

Blue Spirit
29th January 2010, 10:00 PM
Travolta has always been a victim of Hubbard's cult tech. He shows no sign of breaking free.

This story reminds me of his announcemnet in the 70's that "scientologys saved my life" when he talked about how it helped him overcome his loss and grief.

Scn is a vampire cult that feeds on the distress and losses of "wogs" in order to turn them into Hubbard slaves. Ron even talked openly about this in the PAB's, advising auditors to follow ambulances and scour the funeral listings in newspapers for new victims.

JT is following LRH orders like a true slave of Hubbard's victimology. :bigcry:

You are so right. Travolta is going to go down with the ship.

Too bad he didn't stick with his early viewpoint about management and leave.

His Integrity is GONE, and he is in his own kind of Hell.

I have NO respect for him or Cruise, or even Kirstie Alley any more. She is

still making money off of being Fat, how disgusting.

Spiritually she is only a shadow of her former self, as is Travolta.

Mark A. Baker
29th January 2010, 10:13 PM
This is so wrong for so many reasons and on so many levels. John, you broke my heart.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100129/ap_on_en_ot/us_people_john_travolta

Travolta says faith helped him through son's death

"Faith in What?" is precisely the question. I can well understand how a belief in the spiritual nature of a person and the prospect of spiritual growth through reincarnation could very well help to sustain the Travolta family through the experiencing of such a great loss.

One aspect I find "less than admirable" is a tendency among far too many of the most vehement critics for a "rush to complain" about some aspect of a person or statement which they don't happen to like. Such complaints are often based on insufficient or faulty data or worse, deliberate misrepresentation. Such serves serve no valuable purpose and detracts from communication on the board.

My condolences are with the Travolta's. I'm happy for them if their beliefs help them in dealing with their private pain.

Mark A. Baker

SchwimmelPuckel
29th January 2010, 10:24 PM
Twattle! - Mr.Travolta is shilling for Scientology.. He chose to -use- his sons death to make some PR for DM's nightmare cult!

(Puke!) - Recall that critics were bashed for -using- the tragedy?

:grouch:

Mark A. Baker
29th January 2010, 10:45 PM
Twattle! - Mr.Travolta is shilling for Scientology.. He chose to -use- his sons death to make some PR for DM's nightmare cult!

(Puke!) - Recall that critics were bashed for -using- the tragedy?

:grouch:

This may shock you but I consider the view you express in this post as "twaddle". What's more I consider it fairly offensive to presume that any parent considers his child's death to be preeminently a "promotional device" for his church.

I'm not a parent myself, but it has been my experience that by a large majority most parents love their children dearly. They may often do incredibly stupid or hurtful things to their kids, but not generally through a lack of either love or interest in their kids well-being.

A bit more personal humility concerning the affairs of others wouldn't hurt, here.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar
29th January 2010, 10:48 PM
John lied for a decade about his child's condition, which may have resulted in a failure to address adequate treatment.

How do we know he lied? Because once his son was dead he chose to admit that his son had autism which he had specifically *denied* for a decade at least.

Zinj

SchwimmelPuckel
29th January 2010, 11:07 PM
<snip> I consider it fairly offensive to presume that any parent considers his child's death to be preeminently a "promotional device" for his church. <snip>Yet it is what Mr.Travolta did! - And I consider that fairly offensive!

Mr. Travolta didn't HAVE to mention the shit-cult and the tech to handle grief! - He's mart enough, I'm sure, to choose words that avoids the blatant promotional plugs for Scientology if he wanted to... He has in the past..

Which means that he did this intentionally... Utilizing the great human sympathy and compassion that comes with the loss of a child. It's a pretty obvious PR strategy! - It's in the damned PR course that the cult teaches!

I'm not objecting as much that he's flying his Boeing 707 to Port au Prince and getting a great photo op posing as Capt. Midnight to the rescue.. That IS a PR operation too! - But it's not as creepy as using his son.. And it's actually doing some good too. Real doctors and foodstuffs were on that plane.

:hattip:

Mark A. Baker
29th January 2010, 11:26 PM
John lied for a decade about his child's condition, which may have resulted in a failure to address adequate treatment.

How do we know he lied? Because once his son was dead he chose to admit that his son had autism which he had specifically *denied* for a decade at least.

Zinj

Travolta owed NO ONE an explanation of his son's condition. The idea you suggest is itself grossly offensive, Z. Travolta owed neither you nor anyone else any information relating to his son's condition. It's none of your bee's wax.

I can not speak for JT or his family but many people are uncomfortable in discussing mental disorders as they may afflict members of their family. This is especially true when speaking about children. Their is a HUGE stigma often associated with such troubles, largely as a result of widespread ignorance or prejudice.

I'm bipolar myself. I've had relatives who were similarly afflicted. I'm fairly out-spoken about it, but that is uncommon. My family was one who "never talked about such things". I know other families with problems relating to autism or other mental diagnoses who are loth to discuss it outside of their family.

A public person does not lose a right to privacy simply to satisfy your own morbid dictates. Your views seem to be coming ever increasingly divorced from reason and influenced by personal animus, Z. Take some time and think about that.

Mark A. Baker

SchwimmelPuckel
29th January 2010, 11:44 PM
<snip>.. many people are uncomfortable in discussing mental disorders as they may afflict members of their family. This is especially true when speaking about children. Their is a HUGE stigma often associated with such troubles, largely as a result of widespread ignorance or prejudice. <snip>Allright.. Would you agree that ignorance and prejudice about mental disorders are carefully crafted and spread through the scientology community by L.Ron Hubbard?

Hmm.. As for belief in us being undying spirits.. And such belief being a consolation when a loved one is lost..

I'm reminded of my freind, when he was a new father. We were talking about his newborn son: "It might be someone you don't like!", he said..

Now this idea follows logically from the 'idea' that kids are 'big thetans in small bodies', and the whole re-incarnation theory... The newborn baby is 'someone' who came and 'grabbed' that body. That's basic Scientology..

So it might indeed be someone you don't like!

I don't think that's a good start for either parent or child. I think that 'philosophy' is pretty poisonous... I note that Hubbard presented the idea..

:yes:

FinallyMe
29th January 2010, 11:53 PM
Travolta did not mention Scientology at all. When asked in front of a gazillion concerned fans, he stated that his "faith" got him through -- which is something that I and many, many other people would say, and very probably the truth - while not naming the "faith" -- it was the writer of the article that pointed it out. It seems to me that Travolta's only other choice would have been to say "no comment" which would, in my opinion, be inappropriate in the face of all of the people who care about parents in his position, and him in particular. I give him credit for NOT taking the opportunity to proselytize. Whatever you or I may think of what his "faith" is, it is some type of "faith" that gets us through a whole lot of life, so if he believes it is helping him, then it is.

Voltaire's Child
30th January 2010, 01:39 AM
Finally Free,

I love ya but not sure I agree with ya on this.

I do think, as Finally Me mentioned, that it's good that JT isn't mentioning Scn by name. And, hey, maybe his spiritual ideas did help him some. Personally, I do think it would be horrible to lose a child and be put on the spot all the time by the press at the same time.

Are you angered by the fact that this would be a good opportunity for him to criticize CofS and Scn for its possible/probably role in Jett's death and he did not take it? I'm not being sarcastic or challenging...it's just what occurred to me after reading your post.

Your friend,
Claire

Mark A. Baker
30th January 2010, 02:27 AM
Travolta did not mention Scientology at all. When asked in front of a gazillion concerned fans, he stated that his "faith" got him through -- which is something that I and many, many other people would say, and very probably the truth - while not naming the "faith" -- it was the writer of the article that pointed it out. It seems to me that Travolta's only other choice would have been to say "no comment" which would, in my opinion, be inappropriate in the face of all of the people who care about parents in his position, and him in particular. I give him credit for NOT taking the opportunity to proselytize. Whatever you or I may think of what his "faith" is, it is some type of "faith" that gets us through a whole lot of life, so if he believes it is helping him, then it is.

FWIW, FF, I concur. To each his own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVCc6Vat8U

Mark A. Baker

exsomessenger
30th January 2010, 02:56 AM
post deleted - inappropriate

degraded being
30th January 2010, 03:49 AM

The faith that dares not speak its name.

....and so deftly chooses words to promote itself!

degraded being
30th January 2010, 04:04 AM
OSA PR DIRECTIVE

Such a great PR opportunity.

The beloved John Travolta -whose reputation has not yet been turn to custard by its association with a bat shit crazy cult. The public still has high ARC - especially Affinity for John.

Tragedy in Haiti.
Sadness.
Mr Travolta will put on his pilots uniform and charge off with doctors and touch assist helpers. Make sure the doctors are mentioned - in text, and make sure the touch assist helpers are shown in pictures.

Get a press statement out. Make sure that JTs personal tragedy is mentioned but make sure it is in the context of how scientology helped with it - if the second part of that is not in print someone will be put in lowers.

By the way, although "Scientology" should be used in headers on the main articles appearing in the newspapers use phrases such as "My religion" "My faith"
etc in the JT direct quote part of the script, to maintain PR positioning of "John Travolta".

Zinjifar
30th January 2010, 07:25 AM
Travolta owed NO ONE an explanation of his son's condition.
Mark A. Baker

John didn't say 'It's none of your business. He lied about it. He did it for more than a decade and very publicly. And, he did it because he was doing it for Scientology.

That's not a privacy issue. It's a lying issue.

Zinj

stubbard
30th January 2010, 07:37 AM
John didn't say 'It's none of your business. He lied about it. He did it for more than a decade and very publicly. And, he did it because he was doing it for Scientology.

Zinj

remeber that everything you do isnt a overt if its benefits scn...:puke:

lionheart
1st February 2010, 02:36 PM
Scientology is a victim cult.

JT is following LRH victim-finding advice and chasing ambulances. In this case flying his plane to Haiti.

It is sick! :omg:

It is using "help" to find and convert "victims" into scientology slaves. This is also what the dissemination drill is designed to do. This is Hubbard's life-force, vampire, black magic.

The action is to convert people's victimisation from being victims of life to being victims of Hubbard's scam, which vampire-like will drain you of your life-energy (dynamics) in the form of your money or your work hours or both. It will drain your attention and life-force and redirect it to the purpose of smashing LRH's name into history.

The odd dead son here or there, the odd fan who's life is ruined in the process, is the price you pay to forward Hubbard's vampire cult.

JT has done this for decades. He has allowed his personal life to be used to promote the criminal vampire cult since the 70's. "Scientology saved my life" is a JT quote from the 1970's.

Watch his dead eyes in the interview in front of his plane and you will see the true victim in this business.

Poor, poor John, poor Scientologists, poor pathetic Miscavige - all victims of the vampire cult! :bigcry:

Voltaire's Child
1st February 2010, 07:50 PM

Zinj

Sometimes saying it's none of your business does not work with some people. I've seen that. So in those cases, lying may be justified.

AnonKat
1st February 2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk_ZuKJXdRA&feature=rec-rev-rn-1r-8-HM

tiptoethrutheminefield
1st February 2010, 10:11 PM
It's sounds like he is doing much better. Glad to hear it. Auditing is pretty good at helping recover from a loss, in my opinion. That's part of the glue that makes one put up with all the other crap and cult tactics.

Well, yeah, but at what price? I'm all over the place about auditing, still not sure what I think or what it really does. But the price, the price, and I don't mean the money! :)

The other night my husband got a look at the rictus smile on Travolta's face on television and was like, "what is that?" Looked like fear to me. I don't think John need the CoS on his a** until he actually recovers from the terrible blow of his son's death, which may be never. I wouldn't want to be that high profile and try to escape them!

byte301
1st February 2010, 10:32 PM
As far as it being none of anybody else's business whether Jett was autistic...well true. But from what I've read John disconnected with his brother because he felt Jett was autistic and spoke out about it.

His brother works for an organization that deals with autism.

I would think that an uncle has a right to put in his 2 cents about a relative's condition. John owes him an apology big time imo.

I think John's told what to say more or less by the cult. Too bad he is so owned by them.