PDA

View Full Version : 17-year-old William True, is engaged to be married.

skollie
14th April 2010, 05:04 AM
Shouldn't this kid be at university?

http://www.newsoxy.com/kirstie-alley/son-12902.html

Kirstie Alley son, 17-year-old William True, is engaged to be married. The Cheers actress also wants the paparazzi deported.

Kirstie Alley son, William, is 17-years-old. The "Cheers" actress confirmed that he is engaged. She confirmed the news during a recent taping of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

"I feel good because they're really in love. True's very... he's got a level head. He's a good guy," she said on the show. "He's very monogamous and he's very sweet with her."

Alley, 59, said that William has been dating his girlfriend for about a year. She is also fine with their plans to get married. Kirstie was 19-years-old when she first got married.

She admits that her first marriage didn't work out. However, Kirstie also believes that waiting to tie the knot doesn't guarantee a successful marriage either. She told Ellen that she is an expert on the subject.

Anonycat
14th April 2010, 06:44 AM
Q: Is it legal for two minors to have sexual intercourse?
A: No. Sexual contact while under the age of 18 is not legal. Depending on the age of the parties involved and whether or not there are repeat violations involved, it would either go to juvenile court or, under certain situations a juvenile court judge may recommend the case be moved to adult court. If the violation is under 261.5, it is a misdemeanor offense.

http://www.sexlaws.org/california_statutory_rape#Q3

-------------------------

Q: Who is required by law to report the crime of "Unlawful sexual intercourse"?
A: Many professionals including medical staff, teachers, administrators, coaches, doctors etc... are mandated by law to report reasonable knowledge or suspicion of "Unlawful sexual intercourse" or any types of sexual or physical abuse. These laws are called "Mandatory Reporting Laws." Under the California Child Abuse and Neglect reporting act, many professionals must, by law, report suspected abuses and violations to law enforcement, or risk criminal prosecution for failure to report. These professionals include, but are not limited to, school teachers, public employees, medical or hospital staff, mental health professionals, clergy, and many more...(the list is substantial.)The purpose of these laws are to protect children from abuse and neglect.

At least she didn't say they were having oral sex, you can get up to a year for that:

... any person who participates in an act of oral copulation with another person who is under 18 years of age shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, or in a county jail for a period of not more than one year.

and ...

In the case of a minor with another minor, the same laws apply; however, they are handled in a juvenile court setting unless a judge recommends adult court.

FoTi
14th April 2010, 07:13 AM
Q: Is it legal for two minors to have sexual intercourse?
A: No. Sexual contact while under the age of 18 is not legal. Depending on the age of the parties involved and whether or not there are repeat violations involved, it would either go to juvenile court or, under certain situations a juvenile court judge may recommend the case be moved to adult court. If the violation is under 261.5, it is a misdemeanor offense.

http://www.sexlaws.org/california_statutory_rape#Q3

Q: Who is required by law to report the crime of "Unlawful sexual intercourse"?
A: Many professionals including medical staff, teachers, administrators, coaches, doctors etc... are mandated by law to report reasonable knowledge or suspicion of "Unlawful sexual intercourse" or any types of sexual or physical abuse. These laws are called "Mandatory Reporting Laws." Under the California Child Abuse and Neglect reporting act, many professionals must, by law, report suspected abuses and violations to law enforcement, or risk criminal prosecution for failure to report. These professionals include, but are not limited to, school teachers, public employees, medical or hospital staff, mental health professionals, clergy, and many more...(the list is substantial.)The purpose of these laws are to protect children from abuse and neglect.

At least she didn't say they were having oral sex, you can get up to a year for that:

... any person who participates in an act of oral copulation with another person who is under 18 years of age shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, or in a county jail for a period of not more than one year.

and ...

In the case of a minor with another minor, the same laws apply; however, they are handled in a juvenile court setting unless a judge recommends adult court.

She said they were getting married. I'm from California and I got married when I was 17, with parental consent and that is legal. It's not against the law, unless the laws have changed since I got married. It's not against the law to have sex with one's husband or wife.

FoTi
14th April 2010, 07:24 AM

If it's right for him, yes....and there are kids in university that are married, are there not? Being married does not bar one from going to university and going to university does not bar one from being married. He could do both if he wanted to.

Sir Facer
14th April 2010, 09:57 AM

So what!
people all over the world get married young & have kids at this age. If they love each other they will stay married & in love for years to come, there's millions of people who have been in love and married young, do your research, my grandparents married at that age had 10 kids on a tropical Island, never divorced loved each other madly till the day they died.
You can still study and be at university and be married.............

Anonycat
14th April 2010, 10:46 AM
She said they were getting married. I'm from California and I got married when I was 17, with parental consent and that is legal. It's not against the law, unless the laws have changed since I got married. It's not against the law to have sex with one's husband or wife.

With permission, you can be married at 17 these days in California, my place of birth. However, sex is the question. If they are having sex (who knows) I thought I'd present this.

Typically, couples who are engaged, have had intimate contact, although these young people may be of the abstinence kind. I have no idea.

I only put forward that if they have been intimate, that obviously laws were broken, and just the fact that mom went on national TV saying how proud she was (without disclosure) was untidy.

Just saying.

It seemed at a glance to be wrong without a sturdy NO SEX remark.

Kathy (ImOut)
14th April 2010, 01:59 PM
Well, that article mis-quoted Kirstie Alley. I saw her on Ellen Degeneres yesterday. She said she's NOT an expert on the subject of marriage, in reference to the fact that she's been married twice and divorced twice.

They may be engaged to be married, but has a date been set for the wedding? They may be waiting until they're 18. Hell, it takes some time to plan a wedding, unless they just go to the court house and do it.

byte301
14th April 2010, 03:28 PM
At 17 I was madly in love every other day with a different person. Maybe he's more mature. I dunno.:confused2:

If it was my kid I'd make him wait. But it's not my kid thank heavens.

Some marriages like this do work out of course, but I think they are probably a minority. I've seen too many like this end in divorce and it's rough on the kids.

FinallyFree
14th April 2010, 04:41 PM
I lived in California. I got married after three weeks of pressure, "handlings", interviews about the fact that I was HCO and having an "out-2D" with my boyfriend with whom I had a monogamous relationship. After weeks of insisting I did not fall under S.O. 2D rules I buckled under the pressure and we decided to get married. Maybe these laws were why the mission was so all over us? He was 14 when we were married. We married in Vegas with both set of parents in attendance.

This was the first in a series of me seriously violating my personal integrity to be in scientology. Yeah Ė the marriage didnít work out.

Kirstie Alley s making a serious blunder with her son. It will not last. People change far too much between 17 and 30, hell 40. And these days, if you donít like who you are married to, divorce is an easy step away.

Wisened One
14th April 2010, 05:06 PM
Huh.

Am sure this will be featured in the next episodes of her show (which we've been watching).

Enthetan
14th April 2010, 05:08 PM
I lived in California. I got married after three weeks of pressure, "handlings", interviews about the fact that I was HCO and having an "out-2D" with my boyfriend with whom I had a monogamous relationship. After weeks of insisting I did not fall under S.O. 2D rules I buckled under the pressure and we decided to get married. Maybe these laws were why the mission was so all over us? He was 14 when we were married. We married in Vegas with both set of parents in attendance.

I got some hassle from an SO guy over living with my girlfriend. I just told him that if LRH thought that FO should have applied to non-SO, then he would have made it an HCOPL, so get out of my face about it. We eventually did marry, but not on their say-so.

Fear of legal issues is probably why you were pressured to marry. If it became common knowledge that you were having sex, then anybody who knew of it and did not report it could have experienced legal issues.

14 seems extremely young. Were you the same age?

FinallyFree
14th April 2010, 05:22 PM
I got some hassle from an SO guy over living with my girlfriend. I just told him that if LRH thought that FO should have applied to non-SO, then he would have made it an HCOPL, so get out of my face about it. We eventually did marry, but not on their say-so.

Fear of legal issues is probably why you were pressured to marry. If it became common knowledge that you were having sex, then anybody who knew of it and did not report it could have experienced legal issues.

14 seems extremely young. Were you the same age?

No I was 16. Seems so weird to me now, thank God, 14 and 16 getting married. Really weird huh? I always wondered what the hell was going on with that whole thing. That is something I would go back and change if I could.

AnonKat
14th April 2010, 05:29 PM

This was the first in a series of me seriously violating my personal integrity to be in scientology. Yeah Ė the marriage didnít work out.

Kirstie Alley s making a serious blunder with her son. It will not last. People change far too much between 17 and 30, hell 40. And these days, if you donít like who you are married to, divorce is an easy step away.

America lts you marry at 14 ? I thought it was 16 ?

Wisened One
14th April 2010, 05:32 PM
My husband and I were a bit pressured and rushed to get married, too (And we were not SO, we were full, fulltime Staff!) We weren't the only ones, either. Public would also be sorta pressured.

We got married after only a couple months or so of dating. (Tho we'd been Jr. and Sr. for a couple yrs by this point, were roommtes, *liked* each other and were playin' *games* with one another for quite awhile).

But yeah, the SO EO was always asking: 'So when ya guys gettin' married?' 'Ya gonna get married?' 'You know about Jr/Sr fraternization, don't ya?' etc, etc. :eyeroll:

MAX YOUR CREDIT
14th April 2010, 06:00 PM

I saw the show....

I think she said... " I'm not an expert on the subject"....

I'll look at it again because i Tivo' it.

FinallyFree
14th April 2010, 06:56 PM
America lts you marry at 14 ? I thought it was 16 ?

Depends on the state. Las Vegas lets you get married at 14 with parental consent. His parents thought it was GREAT. My parents thought it was a mistake but gave me what I wanted anyways.