PDA

View Full Version : May 9th, AMY SCOBEE DAY

Alanzo
1st May 2010, 05:06 AM
There is a book coming out on May 9th by author and Scientology Celebrity Insider AMY SCOBEE.

Apparently, it tells the inside story of how celebrities like TOM CRUISE, NICOLE KIDMAN, and many others you see on TV every day are treated in Scientology - behind the scenes.

Here's the product description on Amazon.com

A former top insider reveals the nightmare world of violence and abuse at the highest levels of the Church of Scientology. One review states: "At home alone, a 14 year old girl takes a phone call from Scientology. This starts a quarter of a century journey of manipulation, betrayal and sexual, physical and mental abuse. This journey leads to the highest management echelon and one woman's courage to break free. A real page-turner." Mark P. Another writes: "Amy Scobee has written a book unlike any other expose of Scientology. She actually was at the top of International Management for 20 years, and oversaw the recruitment of Hollywood stars into the Church of Scientology. She witnessed the abuse of top managers by their senior, David Miscavige. She writes convincingly of the human rights violations she endured while on the Rehabilitation Project Force, a thinly disguised slave labor camp. Her book is enjoyable to insiders and laymen alike, with a glossary of terms provided, and plentiful footnotes. This is an important contribution to understanding the controversy surrounding the Church of Scientology. The glaring spotlight eventually points to Abuse at the Top."See it here: http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-Abuse-Top-Amy-Scobee/dp/0692008012/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272682766&sr=8-1

If Amazon Squeegz Out and runs and hides as the milquetoast middle-class bourgeoisie distributors that they are, then you can buy it here from the courageous revolutionary herself:

http://www.scobeepublishing.com/ (http://www.scobeepublishing.com/)

Right on Amy, I salute you. I am very glad you are doing so well after what you have been through with the violent Int Base Psychotics of Scientology.

Well done. :thumbsup:

Lohan2008
1st May 2010, 05:11 AM
Alanzo>

But as I wrote you, I think May 9th this year needs to be AMY SCOBEE DAY.

Don't you?

GreyWolf
1st May 2010, 05:14 AM
Where is Amy? So I can give her a big hug.

Alanzo
1st May 2010, 05:16 AM
Where is Amy? So I can give her a big hug.

Buy her book, and tell others to buy her book.

She will feel it.

Lohan2008
1st May 2010, 05:17 AM
Where is Amy? So I can give her a big hug. Hamburg, Germany.

Talking to the Pro Democracy/Anti-Scientology task force.

HappyGirl
6th May 2010, 09:21 PM
It looks just like a Scientology book! :ohmy: :D It's beautiful, and she signed it. I already love this book and I haven't even started reading it yet!

Bea Kiddo
6th May 2010, 09:30 PM
I can't wait to read it. Its good to see the exposing of the manipulation of celebs in Scientology. :thumbsup:

Blue Spirit
6th May 2010, 09:35 PM
It looks just like a Scientology book! :ohmy: :D It's beautiful, and she signed it. I already love this book and I haven't even started reading it yet!

Mine has not come yet, but then I only ordered a few days ago.

When did you order it ?

HappyGirl
6th May 2010, 09:43 PM
Mine has not come yet, but then I only ordered a few days ago.

When did you order it ?
A few days ago. :D

namaste
6th May 2010, 10:07 PM
Dear OSA op,
Since I know that you will be trolling this thread I would like to take this opportunity to tell you to kiss my ass.

Anyway, I get the feeling that this book is epic. I'm ordering my copy now.
Thank you Amy. The world will be wiser for your efforts.

Bea Kiddo
6th May 2010, 10:12 PM
Dear OSA op,
Since I know that you will be trolling this thread I would like to take this opportunity to tell you to kiss my ass.

Anyway, I get the feeling that this book is epic. I'm ordering my copy now.
Thank you Amy. The world will be wiser for your efforts.

Ditto.

Having worked in Celebrity Centre myself from 91 to 98, it will be interesting to see what went on from the top side. Much of what was done with Celebrities was hush hush, even within CC. Only a need to know basis.

TR'SIN
6th May 2010, 10:19 PM
:party: I'm all for an 'AMY SCOBEE DAY" :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Waiting for my copy.

Good Luck Amy!!:goodluck::thewave:

thetanic
6th May 2010, 10:28 PM
I can't wait to read it. Its good to see the exposing of the manipulation of celebs in Scientology. :thumbsup:

You might want to look at page 72 first. :(

Bea Kiddo
6th May 2010, 10:38 PM
You might want to look at page 72 first. :(

???

thetanic
6th May 2010, 10:58 PM
???

About the Petits and their divorce.

willhaven720
6th May 2010, 11:09 PM
Yar!

Also...

Happy 60th, L Ron Coward (DMSMH released May 9th 1950).

Mark A. Baker
6th May 2010, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'd like to talk to Amy about that.

Mark A. Baker

HappyGirl
7th May 2010, 12:12 AM
Having worked in Celebrity Centre myself from 91 to 98, it will be interesting to see what went on from the top side. Much of what was done with Celebrities was hush hush, even within CC. Only a need to know basis.
I was hoping she would cover the affair Dean Stokes had with CC president (Joyce), but she entered the scene after that was over.

Good twin
7th May 2010, 12:38 AM
I got my book today. I won't be posting here tonight. I'll be reading my new book by Amy Scobee. I got it today on May 6th before May 9th like I expected, so I'll be reading tonight instead of posting here on ESMB.

:happydance::happydance:

Zinjifar
7th May 2010, 01:02 AM
I got my book today. I won't be posting here tonight. I'll be reading my new book by Amy Scobee. I got it today on May 6th before May 9th like I expected, so I'll be reading tonight instead of posting here on ESMB.

Will you be reading it twice or twice?

Zinj

FinallyMe
7th May 2010, 01:05 AM
Am I wrong, or is May 9th also Mother's Day? There must be something significant about that.

Alanzo
7th May 2010, 01:11 AM

Why did you get your copy and I didn't get mine?

I never get anything.

Markus
7th May 2010, 01:20 AM
Am I wrong, or is May 9th also Mother's Day? There must be something significant about that.

After what I know from my meeting with Amy in Hamburg I'm quite sure that this could be so very very true!
In my opinion organized Scientology will soon go down because the anger about the suppressed love of all the thousand abused families is striking back now.
Love will always win!:happydance:

By the way I have ordered three of Amys books and will promote it here in Germany:yes:

I can recommend the books of Mark Headley "Blown for Good" and Nancy Many "My Billion Year Contract" too.:thumbsup:

Best
Markus

Bea Kiddo
7th May 2010, 01:21 AM

I didn't know they got divorced. I will read it, but can you tell me what year that was?

I would guess it was because Diana took LSD so could not join the SO. Amy recruited Dave for the SO, for the post of CO CCI. She was in training to Class VIII for a while for CC, then she ended up at LA Org. Not sure where it went from there, because I was off those lines by then.

Just ordered my copy today...

Good twin
7th May 2010, 02:11 AM
Chapter 3.

Sandie
7th May 2010, 02:12 AM
Just ordered my copy Today....Cant wait to read it:happydance:

Thanks Amy and good luck with the sales!!!::heartflower:

HappyGirl
7th May 2010, 03:03 AM
Will you be reading it twice or twice?
Oh no!! It's twice over the material?? :melodramatic:

Chapter 3.
It's a race!!!! :run:

Kathy (ImOut)
7th May 2010, 03:19 AM

May 9th is the anniversary of the release of Dianetics, as I understand it.

Mother's day just falls on May 9th this year, since it's always the second Sunday of May. Just a coincidence.

thetanic
7th May 2010, 06:01 AM
I didn't know they got divorced. I will read it, but can you tell me what year that was?

Didn't say.

I would guess it was because Diana took LSD so could not join the SO. Amy recruited Dave for the SO, for the post of CO CCI. She was in training to Class VIII for a while for CC, then she ended up at LA Org. Not sure where it went from there, because I was off those lines by then.

Just ordered my copy today...

Someone posted a link to her FB page on WWP. (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=sgm&id=1300744440) Based on that, she's a Sr. C/S at LA Org.

Markus
7th May 2010, 10:16 AM
May 9th is the anniversary of the release of Dianetics, as I understand it.

Mother's day just falls on May 9th this year, since it's always the second Sunday of May. Just a coincidence.

Yes but Amy told me her story and I'm quite sure that she is very happy about this coincidences or she has even planned it. I will go and ask her.:)

Best
Markus

Good twin
7th May 2010, 12:41 PM
Chapter 9.

Kathy (ImOut)
7th May 2010, 02:47 PM
Chapter 9.

How many chapters are there???

Miss Penguin
7th May 2010, 04:30 PM
My copy came yesterday and I finished it this morning. I hope this book makes it into the hands of the many! I could not put it down, loved it. It really does expose the abuses.

It tells the story of how the C of S DOES enforce disconnection and breaks up families, amongst a host of other human rights violations. Violations that are beyond inhumane.

Amy did a great job!:thumbsup:

Div6
7th May 2010, 04:56 PM
I just got mine in my hot little hands about 2 minutes ago.........

BBL..........READING Amy's confessional!

:D

Div6
7th May 2010, 04:58 PM
How many chapters are there???

15, My Good Friend...

dianaclass8
7th May 2010, 05:17 PM
I got my copy yesterday and I am half way through, but so far nothing new, and nothing that leads to an arrest :shrug:.

I will tell more when I am done.

Diana

Mark A. Baker
7th May 2010, 06:31 PM
I got my copy yesterday and I am half way through, but so far nothing new, and nothing that leads to an arrest :shrug:.

I will tell more when I am done.

Diana

Since I don't have a copy, would you please check p. 72 for what Thetanic says is there concerning the divorce of the Petit's.

Mark A. Baker
p.s. Hope all is well.

dianaclass8
7th May 2010, 06:44 PM
Since I don't have a copy, would you please check p. 72 for what Thetanic says is there concerning the divorce of the Petit's.

Mark A. Baker
p.s. Hope all is well.

Hi Mark:

All is well, thank you :)

This is what it says in page 72:

"...Dave Petit had been hand-picked as a stable executive from the Church of Scientology in Orange County. As his wife Diana was not qualified to join the Sea Org and they had two children together, Dave was promised by his recruiters that Diana could work at CC Int in a non-Sea Org capacity. This was a promise that was unfortunately never honored and they eventually had to divorce after many, many years of separation."

Diana

Mark A. Baker
7th May 2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Mark:

All is well, thank you :)

This is what it says in page 72:

"...Dave Petit had been hand-picked as a stable executive from the Church of Scientology in Orange County. As his wife Diana was not qualified to join the Sea Org and they had two children together, Dave was promised by his recruiters that Diana could work at CC Int in a non-Sea Org capacity. This was a promise that was unfortunately never honored and they eventually had to divorce after many, many years of separation."

Diana

Muchas Gracias, Senora.

Although, I am deeply saddened that the rumor of this particular betrayal is confirmed by Amy's statement.

Mark A. Baker

Alanzo
7th May 2010, 07:31 PM
Muchas Gracias, Senora.

Although, I am deeply saddened that the rumor of this particular betrayal is confirmed by Amy's statement.

Mark A. Baker

The Senior Policy of Scientology has always been:

We never deliver what we promise.

Div6
7th May 2010, 08:22 PM
Well, Chapter one starts with a bang (literally) and she completes 2 years in the RPF by the end of chapter 4. (On a reprieve, not a graduation.) At the age of 19.

Gawd, I had it easy by comparison....

thetanic
7th May 2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to create a mystery sandwich on that, I'd just put the page number on a stickie intending to transcribe it later, and then was using my computer in a different location than the book, but still had the stickie with me.

So much for keeping families together, huh?

Alanzo
7th May 2010, 09:00 PM
I did get something!!!

I finally got it!

And it was autographed by Amy herself!!!

:biglove: :runaround::biglove::runaround::biglove:

Blue Spirit
7th May 2010, 09:09 PM
this morning. It came autographed and very quickly after ordering, with a nice little touch of a business card that said "Thank you very much for your order!" It is obvious Amy is a Pro at whatever she does.

It is a good honest book, which no one reading it could have doubts about.
She writes well, simply and very directly. It has a lot of similarities to the BFG book.
The addition in the back of the book "Profile of a Sociopath" is excellent and enhances the book.

Minor criticisms:

It is too brief. It is only a little more than 200 pages and not too many words per page.

I expected much more about celebrities which would have moved the book in the direction of a best seller. She must have many more stories in that area. I would suppose the thought of lawsuits severely curtailed that area, although she would certainly not pass on specific private info from confessionals like many of her former INT staff cohorts did with each other.

There are too many of the Sea Org letter acronyms in the book for an easy read for a Scientologist, much less a Non.
The Glossary is missing some key terms.

The book ends with a teaser: "A few minutes later, my phone rang......"indicating there may be a sequel.
Anyway the book leaves you thirsty for more, which seems to be the intent.

Overall the book will easily destroy what little is left of The "Church" of Scientology's reputation. They are like a hard to get rid of fungus that has to starved out totally and with their mega bucks this will take some time.

DM must feel very similar to Hitler in his last days. Oh the agony.
Can't say he doesn't deserve it. He should be joining Xenu soon.

Mark A. Baker
7th May 2010, 09:31 PM
The Senior Policy of Scientology has always been:

We never deliver what we promise.

Actually in this case, Al, the church's betrayal is to me a non-issue. I don't expect a better standard of behavior from the Co$. It's the personal betrayal on the part of Dave that saddens me.

Mark A. Baker

Kathy (ImOut)
7th May 2010, 09:33 PM
15, My Good Friend...

Thank you!

Mark A. Baker
7th May 2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to create a mystery sandwich on that, I'd just put the page number on a stickie intending to transcribe it later, and then was using my computer in a different location than the book, but still had the stickie with me.

So much for keeping families together, huh?

No problem, Toots. You & I had previously discussed this matter. I was just curious as to what specifically Amy had to say, either in support or denial, of the story.

As you suggest: Life in the Co$ - it's all "happy families".

Mark A. Baker
p.s. I owe you a phone call.

skollie
7th May 2010, 11:11 PM
Chapter 9.

I'm quite envious. I want my copy NOW! :yes:

HappyGirl
7th May 2010, 11:18 PM
Chapter 9.
I'm predicting a :winner:

Oh - I emailed Amy and she emailed back. Her email stationary is an ornate "SP" that sort of mocks the Scientology symbol. Cracked me up. I really like her style!!

WildKat
8th May 2010, 07:36 PM
I was going to post my own review, but after reading this one, I have to say I mostly agree. Amy doesn't add a lot of embellishment, she cuts to the chase. I read it in one sitting, leaving me hungry for more. She is a brave woman to lay it out the way she does, and I commend her.

The thing that keeps me shaking my head about her book, Nancy's book, and BFG's book is that someone with no reality on the church and what it can do to a young person's mind, would just think that Scientologists must all be idiots to put up with the abuse. I know, I know, mind control, insidious indoctrination. I know it happens and the mechanics, it just sounds SOOOO incredible! I was in the SO at int for a short time but got out in early 80's, right before the DM era. I shudder to think if I had stayed in!

this morning. It came autographed and very quickly after ordering, with a nice little touch of a business card that said "Thank you very much for your order!" It is obvious Amy is a Pro at whatever she does.

It is a good honest book, which no one reading it could have doubts about.
She writes well, simply and very directly. It has a lot of similarities to the
BFG book.
The addition in the back of the book "Profile of a Sociopath" is excellent and
enhances the book.

Minor criticisms:

It is too brief. It is only a little more than 200 pages and not too many words
per page.

I expected much more about celebrities which would have moved the book
in the direction of a best seller. She must have many more stories in that area. I would suppose the thought of lawsuits severely curtailed that area,
although she would certainly not pass on specific private info from confessionals like many of her former INT staff cohorts did with each other.

There are too many of the Sea Org letter acronyms in the book for an easy read for a Scientologist, much less a Non.
The Glossary is missing some key terms.

The book ends with a teaser: "A few minutes later, my phone rang...."
indicating there may be a sequel.
Anyway the book leaves you thirsty for more, which seems to be the intent.

Overall the book will easily destroy what little is left of The "Church" of Scientology's reputation. They are like a hard to get rid of fungus that has to
starved out totally and with their mega bucks this will take some time.

DM must feel very similar to Hitler in his last days. Oh the agony.
Can't say he doesn't deserve it. He should be joining Xenu soon.

HappyGirl
8th May 2010, 09:56 PM
I sent Amy the links to the threads about her, and she asked me to post her reply on ESMB:

I checked out the links - thanks SO much for sending them.

I can't remember my password for that board off hand, but if you have a chance, could you please relay my love and thanks for all the support and kind words. It helps to strengthen my resolve to expose the abuse and do as much as I can about this situation to prevent more people from getting hurt by that organization.

My big release party is tomorrow. HAPPY DAY! It's also MOTHER'S DAY, which I will be celebrating along WITH my mom. Couldn't ask for anything better!

With love, Amy

I was in the SO at int for a short time but got out in early 80's, right before the DM era. I shudder to think if I had stayed in!
Me too!!

Good twin
8th May 2010, 10:49 PM
Done. :thumbsup:

HappyGirl
9th May 2010, 07:08 AM
Done. :thumbsup:
You win!!! I'm only on Chapter 4, but I'll read some more tonight. :)

WildKat
9th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Me too!!

Hi HappyGirl! I like to think that my Karma didn't allow me to stay in a place that would likely lead to eventual pain and degradation had I stayed. Did you ever have that idea? What years were you at Int?

OHTEEATE
9th May 2010, 07:11 PM
Have a great Amy Scobee Day! I am going to go look in the mailbox for my copy right now! Mike

Div6
9th May 2010, 07:49 PM
Have a great day Amy. I finished the book yesterday. I laughed, I cried, and laughed and cried some more.

I am so glad to hear that you and your familiy are reunited and going strong.
A number of the abuses have stopped already, due to the light you and others are shining....looks like one final Boss fight and this level will be done.

Godspeed and good luck.

SweetnessandLight
11th May 2010, 10:34 PM
I finished the book last night.

The Riverside County Sheriff and District Attorney are both getting autographed and personally inscriped copies.

Thank you very much Amy, for telling your story! I do think it will help to "get ethics in" on a group which is sorely lacking in the ethics department, in real life... :)

SheWhoWatches
14th May 2010, 06:41 AM
Excellent revealing interview that is not getting very much notice!
Amy Scobee really brings up some dirt about the cult in this interview.

SO please digg & Hot Diggity Dugg!

http://digg.com/celebrity/Tom_Cruise_Abuses_His_Power_Supports_Beatings_in_S cientology

Sadly in the USA :no:I believe what would bring the cult of $cientology down a lot faster if a VERY big name (so called) celebrity's like Cruise and/or Travolta, if they were to blow the cult, & especially if they spoke out!
:clap: