PDA

View Full Version : Mountain View

Discrepant
12th June 2010, 05:31 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4693549248_c3c5fcaf04.jpg

Quoted from an anonymous source.

"The Mountain View location bought two buildings next door to each other on Linda Vista near the freeway- supposedly because it has the best foot traffic there to lure new people in. They are selling that building and will eventually sell their other building as well once they have fundraised (coerced) millions of dollars and countless "volunteered" slave labor for the renovations of their new building. If there is a huge empty building with a smaller one next door to it on Linda Vista that will be their new location. No word as to when all this is supposed to take place... but I'm sure the fundraising has already started."

JackStraw
8th June 2014, 02:57 AM

"The Mountain View location bought two buildings next door to each other on Linda Vista near the freeway- supposedly because it has the best foot traffic there to lure new people in. They are selling that building and will eventually sell their other building as well once they have fundraised (coerced) millions of dollars and countless "volunteered" slave labor for the renovations of their new building. If there is a huge empty building with a smaller one next door to it on Linda Vista that will be their new location. No word as to when all this is supposed to take place... but I'm sure the fundraising has already started."

This (bolded) is really funny. Their new buildings are at the end of a dead-end road and get zero foot traffic! Note the irony of a dead-end road, too.

Jack

idrizomare
8th June 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm happy to see that they're vacating downtown Mountain View. The old location in the photograph (now for sale) on Castro Street gets lots of foot traffic past it. The new location is near Public Storage, to give a sense of how desirable it is.

Daisy
9th June 2014, 04:02 PM
Ahhh, the memories of protesting that building. Thanks Anonymous.

Mister Mike
10th June 2014, 04:59 AM
I'm happy to see that they're vacating downtown Mountain View. The old location in the photograph (now for sale) on Castro Street gets lots of foot traffic past it. The new location is near Public Storage, to give a sense of how desirable it is.

But it's easy to drive up there, because it's right off the Central Expressway, on "Easy Street." Of course, any protest will be a small affair between the protesters and staff, but you can flyerbomb them repeatedly late at night (the place closes at 10PM.)

Liber8u
10th June 2014, 06:24 AM

Their "information center" is directly across the street from the East West Bookshop. It is a huge metaphysical emporium. It has every "other practice" you could name. The store is always full of people and the $cientology information center is empty!! I'm kinda sad to see the cult leaving the downtown ~~~ it was always good for a chuckle.

Lohan2008
10th June 2014, 11:17 AM
Which city & state (of USA) ???

JackStraw
10th June 2014, 11:39 AM
Which city & state (of USA) ???

the city is Mountain View, state of California, US of A, Planet Earth, This Sector:eyeroll:

Jack

rich
11th June 2014, 12:23 AM
Jack, which sector are you in?

JackStraw
13th June 2014, 11:43 AM
Jack, which sector are you in?

Why, this one!:biggrin: Also, Earth, USA, California, and Mountain View. I am in the city of which we speak.

Jack

Jump
14th June 2014, 12:33 AM

Will the dupes need to raise the FULL COST of the new building, or new cost minus sales proceeds . . .

*cough* enquiring minds need to know :confused2: