PDA

View Full Version : John Travolta on Oprah today.....

NeverMe
14th September 2010, 01:21 AM
I have to say that the man CAN DANCE!!!! :happydance: He had on one of his famous hair pieces. It didn't look too bad. Wonder how much it cost? Reckon how long it took to get it ready and put on his head? Don't know why he bothers, though. I thought he looked great totally bald in his last movie From Paris with Love.

I've always been a big fan and was so disappointed when I learned that he was involved with scientology. :bigcry:

He "seems" like a nice guy. Of course I don't know him personally but I really like him. Is he a nice guy? Is there anyone here on the forum that knows him or has at least met him? I'd really like to know. Please, please tell me he's at least a decent sort and I'll be happy.

Zinjifar
14th September 2010, 01:25 AM
Oprah is taking her whole audience to Australia :)

Like when she gave away the cars. Is this related to Johnny dancing? heh

The right hand may not know what the left is doing. Sounds like a great protest opportunity.

Zinj

Hatshepsut
14th September 2010, 02:00 AM
Pink Panther Fever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-8JooVD_aw

Good twin
14th September 2010, 02:06 AM
I have to say that the man CAN DANCE!!!! :happydance: He had on one of his famous hair pieces. It didn't look too bad. Wonder how much it cost? Reckon how long it took to get it ready and put on his head? Don't know why he bothers, though. I thought he looked great totally bald in his last movie From Paris with Love.

I've always been a big fan and was so disappointed when I learned that he was involved with scientology. :bigcry:

He "seems" like a nice guy. Of course I don't know him personally but I really like him. Is he a nice guy? Is there anyone here on the forum that knows him or has at least met him? I'd really like to know. Please, please tell me he's at least a decent sort and I'll be happy.

I've heard from several people that he's a really nice guy. :yes:

degraded being
14th September 2010, 02:17 AM

He's nice. That's why he dropped the extortion charges in the Bahamas. Or it might have been that the *distraction* OP was completed, and not dropping the charges would show that Mr Nice was just as bad, or worse than any other Sci-cult celeb.

FlyingMyMonkey
14th September 2010, 02:29 AM
Unlike Cruise, Travolta is "nice guy", but you could also say nice victim and enabler. His wife, you may hear harsher judgments. Anyone who's stayed within the sci environment for long duration could be classified as victim/enabler and the rest, a smaller group, as narcisstic and possibly psycopathic or sociopathic.

There are few active Scientologists today, most of which are in the financial category of wealthy, whether as celebs or business moguls. These are the people who are funding mafioso type horrors on a daily basis. These are the people who tell their son, daughter, mother, father, sister or brother to go to hell, who tell those that tell them the truth that they refuse to hear, much less help, and continue, day by day, to proudly stand up and say:

"I Am Only Following Orders."

LongTimeGone
14th September 2010, 04:14 AM
I was alone with him in an elevator at flag once, does that count? I also walked past Lisa Marie Presley and had a staring contest with DM. You can guess after all that exposure that I too consider myself a bit of a celebrity. :happydance:
David

FoTi
14th September 2010, 04:23 AM
He doesn't care about the people who are locked up at the Int Base or the forced abortions in the SO or those who slave away their lives on staff or in the SO. Does that make him a nice guy?

uniquemand
14th September 2010, 04:24 AM
Who won in the staring contest with DM? That man has a great stare!

uniquemand
14th September 2010, 04:25 AM
He doesn't care about the people who are locked up at the Int Base or the forced abortions in the SO or those who slave away their lives on staff or in the SO. Does that make him a nice guy?

How do you know that he doesn't care about them?

It takes a lot of chutzpa to judge someone based on what you assume their attitudes and knowledge are.

LongTimeGone
14th September 2010, 04:29 AM
Staring contest was a drawn match. My neck was getting sore from having to look down. Neither of us said anything and he ended up walking past me. I was leaving the SHSBC course room and he (flanked by two men my size) was entering. Come to think of it JT didn't say anything to me in the elevator and Lisa Marie didn't speak to me either. Damn - Perhaps I have overstated my celebrity status. D.

The Great Zorg
14th September 2010, 04:30 AM
It takes a lot of chutzpa to judge someone based on what you assume their attitudes and knowledge are.

Chutzpa; isn't that a type of sausage? Spicy? Lots of pork? :confused2:

freethinker
14th September 2010, 04:31 AM
I think he's a nice guy who found the wrong religion.

FlyingMyMonkey
14th September 2010, 04:49 AM
I think he's a nice guy who found the wrong religion.

I've known a Ton of people who were nice guys, most of whom left when I did, long ago. The rest, as I have learned from various forums are friggin' Dead. And the others... like Travolta, as I said before are only "following orders". I'm sorry, but there's just too much information as well as Obvious insanity outside and "in" for anyone to continue to say "oh, I didnt know", much less the fact that they agree to not "look". wot?

Like your signature says:

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

uniquemand
14th September 2010, 05:00 AM
Staring contest was a drawn match. My neck was getting sore from having to look down. Neither of us said anything and he ended up walking past me. I was leaving the SHSBC course room and he (flanked by two men my size) was entering. Come to think of it JT didn't say anything to me in the elevator and Lisa Marie didn't speak to me either. Damn - Perhaps I have overstated my celebrity status. D.

I think if I was on an elevator with JT, I'd have to fart, just to see if he could confront evil.

degraded being
14th September 2010, 05:46 AM
I think if I was on an elevator with JT, I'd have to fart, just to see if he could confront evil.

He can confront farts. He is a down to earth Guy.

He just can't confront telling the world that Mr down to earth nice guy is promoting and forwarding a looney cult which duped him out of
large size money for madman lunatic bait and switch.
Mr Nice is actually Mr nice Scientology promoter.
To do so he *must* be Mr nice stupid.
Or Mr Nice Evil.
Or Mr Nice stitched-up-by-the-cult-so-much, Mr Nice in Hell.

Whichever way you see Mr Nice. It is Mr Nice not pretty.

FinallyFree
14th September 2010, 07:55 AM

I have never personally met John Travolta, I was friends with a couple who spent some time with John and Kelly.
Everything I heard was that John is very nice, charming, has a great sense of humor and came across as very down to earth.

Dean Blair
14th September 2010, 08:24 AM
I met John Travolta a couple of times when I was doing some computer repair at his home. He was very cordial and friendly and I considered him a nice guy. I don't think he knows about all of the dirt going on at INT. He would be cautioned against reading any of the anti Scientology books and certainly wouldn't go to the Ex Scientology Message Board as he is still in but once someone can get him to see the truth, I am sure you would all think he was a nice guy.

Stat
14th September 2010, 09:52 AM
I met John Travolta a couple of times when I was doing some computer repair at his home. He was very cordial and friendly and I considered him a nice guy. I don't think he knows about all of the dirt going on at INT. He would be cautioned against reading any of the anti Scientology books and certainly wouldn't go to the Ex Scientology Message Board as he is still in but once someone can get him to see the truth, I am sure you would all think he was a nice guy.

You probably right, Dean.

One of my family members met him briefly and they had a great impression of him. But even aside of that first impression PR thing - the guy is a good/fun actor for sure and a lot of times you can see his true personality coming out even when playing some wild roles. Just my opinion. I think, John is potentially a kick ass truth weapon. May be Jason Beghe or Larry Anderson should buy him a nice burger and have a talk.

degraded being
14th September 2010, 10:32 AM

One of my family members met him briefly and they had a great impression of him. But even aside of that first impression PR thing - the guy is a good/fun actor for sure and a lot of times you can see his true personality coming out even when playing some wild roles. Just my opinion. I think, John is potentially a kick ass truth weapon. May be Jason Beghe or Larry Anderson should buy him a nice burger and have a talk.

I don't think he's so potentially a kick ass truth weapon.
He is living a life of BS, yet he has had far more opportunity than most
to see that it is BS. He is not trapped inside the SO. He is in a job which requires being in touch with the world and what goes on. He would need to be well aware of public image yet has not (seemingly) looked and asked why there is all the flak against the cult he promotes. If he has looked then he was too stupid or too brainwashed to understand.
If he does leave, which I doubt very much, he is likely, on past record, to clam up and agree to some crippling cult gagging tactics.
The cult has him in their control. They seem to have not wanted to use him much in the past, but since Tom Cruise has fucked up so badly, and Kirstie Alley looks and sounds so horribly out-PR, then Travolta has had a bit of promotion to do. Nobody else there to do it. His recent reversal on the Bahamas case, is very suspect. Scientologists don't back down remember? It looks like the people who were accused of extortion were in fact victims of extortion carried out by Travolta on behalf of the COS.

This *John Travolta is nice* mantra is childish crap.
Not to say that it is not possible that he is nice, but he is very involved in a not nice cult and uses his influence to help them.
That is not nice.

It looks like wish fulfillment to me. The goodness (embodied in JT)
will win through. Man is basically good said fat lips, and wasn't that nice to hear? It feels good. JT feels good. We are good. Big smile.
JT is just another cult victim. And cult enabler. What is so good about that?

Stat
14th September 2010, 10:41 AM
I don't think he's so potentially a kick ass truth weapon.
He is living a life of BS, yet he has had far more opportunity than most
to see that it is BS. He is not trapped inside the SO. He is in a job which requires being in touch with the world and what goes on. He would need to be well aware of public image yet has not (seemingly) looked and asked why there is all the flak against the cult he promotes. If he has looked then he was too stupid or too brainwashed to understand.
If he does leave, which I doubt very much, he is likely, on past record, to clam up and agree to some crippling cult gagging tactics.
The cult has him in their control. They seem to have not wanted to use him much in the past, but since Tom Cruise has fucked up so badly, and Kirstie Alley looks and sounds so horribly out-PR, then Travolta has had a bit of promotion to do. Nobody else there to do it. His recent reversal on the Bahamas case, is very suspect. Scientologists don't back down remember? It looks like the people who were accused of extortion were in fact victims of extortion carried out by Travolta on behalf of the COS.

This *John Travolta is nice* mantra is childish crap.
Not to say that it is not possible that he is nice, but he is very involved in a not nice cult and uses his influence to help them.
That is not nice.

It looks like wish fulfillment to me. The goodness (embodied in JT)
will win through. Man is basically good said fat lips, and wasn't that nice to hear? It feels good. JT feels good. We are good. Big smile.
JT is just another cult victim. And cult enabler. What is so good about that?

People are known to bring surprises. Even when fucked up. Especially when fucked up. I hear you. I really do. However, neither you or I know for sure what's up with JT. All I am saying - he is not completely blind. I didn't gave up on him completely yet. That's all.

Kookaburra
14th September 2010, 11:13 AM
I think John Travolta is a good guy. He has not actively promoted scientology for a long long time. He made some comments about Scn management way back and got an ethics handling. Every time he sours and it looks like he may come out, he is reined back in. He has a lot at stake. He is married to a diehard ronbot and they have a daughter. I think they also have blackmail material on him. His folders have been culled of all the juicy stuff that he wouldn't want handed over to the press. It's a Mexican stand-off.

Stat
14th September 2010, 11:24 AM
I think John Travolta is a good guy. He has not actively promoted scientology for a long long time. He made some comments about Scn management way back and got an ethics handling. Every time he sours and it looks like he may come out, he is reined back in. He has a lot at stake. He is married to a diehard ronbot and they have a daughter. I think they also have blackmail material on him. His folders have been culled of all the juicy stuff that he wouldn't want handed over to the press. It's a Mexican stand-off.

Exactly.
May be one day he just won't care anymore.
He can do it.

Feral
14th September 2010, 01:29 PM

I don't think so.

As has been mentioned he's "nice", not liking a scrap goes with that.

The sort of people who make good warriors and are willing to stand up to the cult aren't "nice" they might be abrasive, they may care, they might be brave, they may be out for your best interests, but "nice"? No.

"Nice" is ....well just nice.

Carmel
14th September 2010, 01:36 PM
.......How many and which ones of you Yankees/Americans, were in Oprah's audience and as a consequence have scored a free trip to NSW, Oz?

Good twin
14th September 2010, 01:45 PM
.......How many and which ones of you Yankees/Americans, were in Oprah's audience and as a consequence have scored a free trip to NSW, Oz?

I sure it wish I woulda been there. But sadly, no. I wasn't in the audience that day. :no:

Carmel
14th September 2010, 01:50 PM
I sure it wish I woulda been there. But sadly, no. I wasn't in the audience that day. :no:
I wish ya were too. Ah well, we'll get to meet and have that beer or two regardless, my dear! :)

Wisened One
14th September 2010, 09:01 PM

Yeah, ME TOO!

Wisened One
14th September 2010, 09:02 PM

I also like JT. And I agree with ya, Kook.

Smurf
14th September 2010, 10:41 PM

Nothing's free I'm afraid, darling.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/1321943-post39/

"You might have heard a distant screaming yesterday afternoon, whether you were in New York or California. That would have been the 300 Oprah audience members going completely berserk in Chicago when she surprised them with a free trip to Australia. There was hugging, there was screaming, there was crying, and there were probably even a few minor heart attacks.

And to top it off, they'll be flown there by none other than John Travolta, who will probably spend the entire 20-hour flight talking about Scientology over the intercom system! OH MY GOD! Oprah is so kind, so generous, she's like Santa Claus! Or is she?

So if a company's product lands on Oprah's show, it's almost a guarantee in sales increase. Totally worth dishing out 300 freebies for.

Just like those 276 Pontiac G6s she gave away in 2004. Think Oprah bought those with her hard-earned money? Hell nah. Pontiac dished them out. But you know who did have to pay for it? The winners. When they were handed a lovely $7,000 worth of taxes.

Thanks a lot, Oprah."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/109442/oprah_winfrey_surprises_audience_with

Zinjifar
14th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Next time Oprah can give away Scientology Services, since, according to the 'Church', in its statements to the IRS, they're worthless.

Zinj

Feral
15th September 2010, 12:16 AM
Nothing's free I'm afraid, darling.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/1321943-post39/

<SNIP>

Just like those 276 Pontiac G6s she gave away in 2004. Think Oprah bought those with her hard-earned money? Hell nah. Pontiac dished them out. But you know who did have to pay for it? The winners. When they were handed a lovely $7,000 worth of taxes.

Thanks a lot, Oprah."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/109442/oprah_winfrey_surprises_audience_with

Those poor bastards, they never asked for a free new car and a tax bill!

What a bitch!

Ogsonofgroo
15th September 2010, 12:26 AM

Unfortunately, it could well be the smell of success fer 'im... :confused2:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

FoTi
15th September 2010, 07:46 AM

Because he's not doing or saying anything at all about the situation.

Stat
15th September 2010, 08:06 AM
Being an actor and a veteran scientologist, he might be reading this thread right now, while his wife is asleep, him thinking, feeling. Just wonder.

degraded being
15th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Being an actor and a veteran scientologist, he might be reading this thread right now, while his wife is asleep, him thinking, feeling. Just wonder.

If he is reading it, he'll write a knowledge report on himself and give it to the wife in the morning. Or he'll write a knowledge report on you and turn it into OSA.

Wisened One
15th September 2010, 05:01 PM
If he is reading it, he'll write a knowledge report on himself and give it to the wife in the morning. Or he'll write a knowledge report on you and turn it into OSA.

Or both. AND he'll write up Emma and ESMB (for existing in the first place).

SchwimmelPuckel
15th September 2010, 07:09 PM
hmm.. What airplane does JT intend to use? -The Boeing 707 is rebuilt with bathrooms, lounges, bedrooms and whatnot. I think it can taken 30 at most.

Of course, he could make several trips.. Showing the Scientology Intro video on the big flatscreen in the lounge?

:confused2:

Dulloldfart
15th September 2010, 08:55 PM
hmm.. What airplane does JT intend to use? -The Boeing 707 is rebuilt with bathrooms, lounges, bedrooms and whatnot. I think it can taken 30 at most.

A DC-8 perhaps? I hear there's a way of packing quite a few people into one. :)

Paul

Mark A. Baker
15th September 2010, 09:01 PM

Of course, he could make several trips.. Showing the Scientology Intro video on the big flatscreen in the lounge?

:confused2:

Since he has an official relationship with Qantas and they were featured in the advertising, most likely one of theirs. Especially as the aircraft would need to be certified for commercial passenger travel.

Mark A. Baker

SchwimmelPuckel
15th September 2010, 09:11 PM
Since he has an official relationship with Qantas and they were featured in the advertising, most likely one of theirs. Especially as the aircraft would need to be certified for commercial passenger travel.

Mark A. BakerYeah.. And JT would need to have a type certificate for that airplane too.. Somehow I doubt that he has.. Requires a lot of schooling and flying hours.. Maybe JT can be a co-pilot on the flight.

:unsure:

FoTi
15th September 2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe he'll just sit up in the front of the plane with the pilot and entertain the passengers every once in a while over the PA system. :p

I kind of wonder why Australia was picked as a destination - might this have anything to do with the trouble Scientology is having with the govt right now on investigations?

Mark A. Baker
15th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah.. And JT would need to have a type certificate for that airplane too.. Somehow I doubt that he has.. Requires a lot of schooling and flying hours.. Maybe JT can be a co-pilot on the flight.

:unsure:

Given that it is a large scale promotional activity with backing from the Australian Government, they will no doubt have a full commercial crew on board as well. This is intended to be a spotlight on Australian tourism and both Qantas & the government are quite likely to extend every possible measure to ensure its success.

Additionally, Travolta apparently has first mate (i.e. second in command) ratings on his pilot's license as well as flight authorization for several large aircraft suitable for such a flight. He is apparently qualified to fly such a flight under supervision of a senior pilot. He has honorary "captain" status with Qantas, but there is no reason to think he will not also be flying the aircraft in addition to socializing with the crowd.

Personally I hope they all have a good time.

Mark A. Baker
p.s. Travolta has previously flown the A380, the type aircraft evidently referred to on the broadcast. Qantas has it in its fleet and it is amply sized for the purpose.

Good twin
15th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Maybe JT is goin to Oz to meet Emma and the gang. He might be goin to make some kinda announcement. Wouldn't that be cool?

Kutta
16th September 2010, 01:02 AM
Maybe JT is goin to Oz to meet Emma and the gang. He might be goin to make some kinda announcement. Wouldn't that be cool?

I second that! :happydance:

Maybe Anon could also get in on the act. :yes:

degraded being
16th September 2010, 01:22 AM
JT gets mega-dosh for what should be a successful promo for Qantarse. He will also get lots of positive PR for himself.
The *John is Nice* mantra is will be able to be heard from Helatrobus.

The COS gets a bit of damage control on the terrible past PR failures using Hollywood ronbots. I assume scientology will not be able to be pushed because on this project Quantarse is the one who should be getting promoted.

Oprah gets a lot of publicity for her new network. It gives her a more global stunt than if she stayed in the US, and will snatch her a lot more loyal Ozzies. This will help to raise her from Talk Show Diva to She Who Rules The Universe.

Some lucky Ozzies get to see She Who Rules The Universe, and A Big Cuddly Puppy in a Sea Org Uniform.

Tom Cruize....eeew he's NOT nice....he can't be seen anywhere near Oprah's cunning stunt, because to do so will only emphasise that he is in extreme lowers. Katy will see to it that Suri does not watch the cunning stunt on television. She would cry and ask why daddy cannot be seen.

Kutta
16th September 2010, 03:46 AM
How about if Anon gets near the entourage with a sign that says "John, take a look at ESMB" or something more clever but pointed. Seems a shame to miss this opportunity.

Good twin
16th September 2010, 04:04 AM
I hope he meets Tansy. That would be awesome.

Arthur Dent
16th September 2010, 04:32 AM
JT is nice. I didn't know him but saw him at Flag at times and I saw him with Jett, whom he adored as well as his daughter and wife.

I doubt he really knows about the hideousness at int. I do wonder if he and TC talk about anything important like that. JT probably has a rather full schedule, run by assistants and doesn't have much free time on his hands. Or has no freedom with his time. :duh: I image he is watched and reported on from within his household. How horrible.

How about if Anon gets near the entourage with a sign that says "John, take a look at ESMB" or something more clever but pointed. Seems a shame to miss this opportunity.

I LOVE this idea! Would really be a shame not to do it! I'd help with that if I were on the same continent. Regrettably, I didn't win an Oprah trip to Australia!! Wish I had! Would love to visit!

degraded being
16th September 2010, 12:56 PM
We may just get this:

Some uncouth lout in dunagees yelling at the top of his voice in an APPALLING ozzie accent:

"Hey Travolta ya fuck'n cultie c*unt... where'd Y' park y' DC8?"

I hope not. That would really lower the tone.

Panda Termint
16th September 2010, 12:58 PM
Nah, I think Feral will be too busy up on the farm. :D

Kutta
16th September 2010, 01:12 PM
:roflmao:
Nah, I think Feral will be too busy up on the farm. :D

:laugh::laugh:

Kutta
16th September 2010, 11:32 PM
Okay, as you were!

I heard an interview with an Aussie commentator today on the radio - about the hoopla surrounding Oprah's visit. She said JT was not flying the entourage to Australia, his appearance on the show was just for PR purposes, and because, get this!!!

"He just loves getting dressed up in his pilot's uniform on the Oprah show."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

degraded being
17th September 2010, 01:52 AM
Okay, as you were!

I heard an interview with an Aussie commentator today on the radio - about the hoopla surrounding Oprah's visit. She said JT was not flying the entourage to Australia, his appearance on the show was just for PR purposes, and because, get this!!!

"He just loves getting dressed up in his pilot's uniform on the Oprah show."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Just keep him off that bloody couch!:yes:

Dean Blair
28th September 2010, 05:35 AM

I read Marty Rathbun's blog tonight and evidently JT is trying to bully the BBC into not airing their report on Scientology tomorrow night 09/28/10. So right now John Travolta is not such a nice guy as he is supporting the Church of Miscavige.

I told you I was trouble
28th September 2010, 05:42 AM
I read Marty Rathbun's blog tonight and evidently JT is trying to bully the BBC into not airing their report on Scientology tomorrow night 09/28/10. So right now John Travolta is not such a nice guy as he is supporting the Church of Miscavige.

Is that so?

Interesting!

He, like every other cultie is firmly under control.

Panorama must be even better than we were expecting and I can hardly wait.

:happydance:

honduras
7th October 2010, 02:35 AM
From Star magazine October 11 edition

"The bombshell charge that John had multiple secret lovers is just the latest blow to the Travolta marriage" Star Magazine front page

The article says there is a ""Robert Randolf" who has an upcoming book called "You'll Never Spa in this town Again" Randolph writes that on dozens of occassions he personally witnessed the 56-year old actor in "lewd sex acts with other men" at the spas John regulary frequented- including most recently just last October."

" the author says he believes that eventually as many as 50 men could come forward to detail their own sexual experiences with the star or to dish about what they witnessed"

This will turn into a mess!

Wisened One
7th October 2010, 03:18 AM

Me has a STRONG suspicion that perhaps it's not him really supporting the Co$, but urging by his wife and other blackmail from DM or someone...