PDA

View Full Version : Just found out someone very close got out

Operating Wog
17th September 2010, 11:44 AM
Giving as few details as possible, I just found out that someone I was very close to left a while back, in a manner that sounds like it caused a nice big flap, too. So proud. :)

fluffybunny
17th September 2010, 11:58 AM
:thumbsup::happydance::thumbsup:

Panda Termint
17th September 2010, 12:25 PM
Hey, I just got the same news this afternoon!

Good twin
17th September 2010, 12:43 PM
:p

Lurker5
17th September 2010, 02:26 PM
:thumbsup: :happydance:

:drama: Soooo . . . . :hmm:

Alanzo
17th September 2010, 04:28 PM
I have no idea what this is about but it sounds really good.

skollie
17th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Another one out is wonderful news! :happydance:

AnonyMary
17th September 2010, 04:50 PM
:thumbsup:

~Mary

shadow
17th September 2010, 05:30 PM
It is great to see someone you care about walk away from an abusive environment.:happydance:

This year we have seen several family and friends make this move. I see the families getting closer together and no longer fear for the kids.

FinallyMe
17th September 2010, 05:31 PM
Cool! I can't WAIT to hear what the flap was - hoping this person shows up here!

What a good feeling to re-find someone close!

FoTi
17th September 2010, 06:01 PM
Cool! I can't WAIT to hear what the flap was - hoping this person shows up here!

Yeh, I hope they show up here too and I want to hear what the flap was also!

Type4_PTS
17th September 2010, 06:09 PM

:drama:

:waiting:

Touchstone
17th September 2010, 06:09 PM
Hey, I just got the same news this afternoon!
Just a few devil's-advocate thoughts:
How does one know it's the same news, not someone else who got out as well?
Or, the Anonymous mantra: Dox or GTFO.

In other words, while yes, I'm inclined to believe y'all, the healthy skepticism that gets people out of cults also needs to be applied even-handedly to the news and pronouncements we want to believe.

That said, I also respect the occasional need for secrecy. Secrecy just has its own costs. I hope eventually we'll be able to get verifying details.

Meanwhile, a provisional "Woo-hoo!" is in order.

NeverMe
17th September 2010, 06:17 PM

Maybe they've already been here, lurking and that's why they got out! It's always good to hear that this forum plays a part in someone coming to their senses.

Wisened One
17th September 2010, 06:18 PM
Oh I can't wait to hear all about it! :drama: Congrats to the person/people for getting OUT! :yes: :thumbsup:

AnonKat
17th September 2010, 06:19 PM
http://catcubed.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/caps-lock-is-awesome-sml.jpg

TR'SIN
18th September 2010, 12:29 AM
:omg: :congratulations: :winner::headspin: :bravo: :rock: :bowdown: :grouphug: :bighug: :kiss: :blowkiss: :party: :hifive: :cheerleader: :goodluck: :buzzin:

Anybody out is worth celebrating. Best wishes to all.

Panda Termint
18th September 2010, 01:04 AM
Just a few devil's-advocate thoughts:
How does one know it's the same news, not someone else who got out as well?
Or, the Anonymous mantra: Dox or GTFO.

In other words, while yes, I'm inclined to believe y'all, the healthy skepticism that gets people out of cults also needs to be applied even-handedly to the news and pronouncements we want to believe.

That said, I also respect the occasional need for secrecy. Secrecy just has its own costs. I hope eventually we'll be able to get verifying details.

Meanwhile, a provisional "Woo-hoo!" is in order.
That's the point of my post!

It *is* someone else and yet it's "someone very close to me etc etc" ie. I got the same news on the day of the original post.

People will be getting this kind of news on a regular basis from here on out. There's probably a graph somewhere showing People In vs People Out, I don't need to see it to know what it shows.

Rmack
18th September 2010, 01:47 AM
That's the point of my post!

It *is* someone else and yet it's "someone very close to me etc etc" ie. I got the same news on the day of the original post.

People will be getting this kind of news on a regular basis from here on out. There's probably a graph somewhere showing People In vs People Out, I don't need to see it to know what it shows.

I would love to see that graph.

Is there anyway of documenting more people leaving than joining? I suspect it's true, and it's almost entirely due to the internet, but who can prove it?

Panda Termint
18th September 2010, 03:16 AM
This graph http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=473289&postcount=1 tells some of the story in microcosm.

FinallyFree
18th September 2010, 04:13 AM
happy news indeed! :happydance:

I just found out three people I knew in the 90's are all out. Warms the heart. Really does. I can't make any claim to flaps being caused, but it's nice to know more and more people are waking up all the time, many *before* I had. :yes:

Arthur Dent
18th September 2010, 04:54 AM
Such exciting news!! Hope they post here soon! :woohoo:
Lookin' forward to it!!

freethinker
18th September 2010, 05:24 AM
Great news. I'm glad it caused a flap.:D

Rmack
19th September 2010, 04:41 AM
This graph http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=473289&postcount=1 tells some of the story in microcosm.

I will not be happy until the stats do what 'Ron' called 'a shot duck'