PDA

View Full Version : Elisabeth Moss Files for Divorce-----

Sassy
21st September 2010, 05:05 AM
Elisabeth Moss Files for Divorce From Fred Armisen
3 Comments
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 20th 2010 09:30PM
'Mad Men' actress Elisabeth Moss filed for divorce from 'Saturday Night Live' actor Fred Armisen on Monday after just 8 months of marriage, Entertainment Tonight reports. The actress filed divorce papers in Los Angeles.

The couple married on October 23, 2009 and the divorce papers list June 26, 2010 as the date of their separation. Moss, 28, lists "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the split and also asks that the court award no spousal support to Armisen.

It's long been rumored that Moss' affiliation with the Church of Scientology was a big source of tension for the couple. "They had issues," a source told UsMagazine.com. "Her religion was as important to her as their marriage, if not more," a different source told UsMagazine. "He could not get with it."

Armisen, 43, didn't waste much time getting back on the dating scene: he's been recently linked to 'Saturday Night Live" co-star Abby Elliot, 23.

She's only in her mid 20's. I wonder what those discussions about her "religion" were like. She's on the best show on TV imo, "Mad Men". I'm hoping she's not pushing the cult on her co-stars!!!! No one likes to hear of a marriage ending (especially after less than a year) but this is 2010; divorce because of "religion"?????

uniquemand
21st September 2010, 06:35 AM
This is commonplace. I think Scientologists probably have a significantly higher divorce rate (and remarriage, and re-divorce rate) than the rest of the population, but I confess to not having actual statistics on it, just memory and experience.

Mark A. Baker
21st September 2010, 07:35 AM
This is commonplace. I think Scientologists probably have a significantly higher divorce rate (and remarriage, and re-divorce rate) than the rest of the population, but I confess to not having actual statistics on it, just memory and experience.

Perhaps in ohio or wisconsin. I doubt that is true in california or new york. Most people I meet here in SoCal have multiple divorces. Oddly enough the only non-divorced catholic I know is gay.

Mark A. Baker

Telepathetic
21st September 2010, 11:19 AM
Perhaps in ohio or wisconsin. I doubt that is true in california or new york. Most people I meet here in SoCal have multiple divorces. Oddly enough the only non-divorced catholic I know is gay.

Mark A. Baker

And who ever said you couldn't be gay in a marriage? :D

TP

A-non-non-anon
21st September 2010, 11:51 AM
And who ever said you couldn't be gay in a marriage? :D

TP

L Ron

After all, marriage is about Legal Rights, and in Sci-Society, gays (being 1.1) wouldn't have any...

Telepathetic
21st September 2010, 03:06 PM
L Ron

After all, marriage is about Legal Rights, and in Sci-Society, gays (being 1.1) wouldn't have any...

By gay I meant merry, carefree...It was a little joke dude.

TP

KissMyStats
21st September 2010, 06:38 PM
I observed the divorce rate being very high with staff, esp. SO.
I remember one reg that had a different last name three times during a
5 year period (Sea Org). And she was in her 30's. There was lots of
marriage hopping and LOTS of teenagers getting married to people
they knew for just a few weeks or months. How well they could know
each other without ever having an actual date I don't know. One lady
I know has a daughter in the SO who got married at 18. She met the son-in-law at the wedding, spent one day with him on Xmas, and hasn't seen him since, barely knows him, and she has only seen the son-in-law's parents once...at the wedding. They all live in LA and this is going on two years now ! Her own daughter's husband and family are total strangers to her. If they never wake up and leave, she'll never know the joys of extended family and grandchildren. Oh, I'm getting pissed writing this, better go calm down.

uniquemand
21st September 2010, 08:27 PM
You have to be married to do the wild-thing in the SO. I'd get married and divorced every two or three days if I was a teenager in the SO.

This is NOT OK !!!!
21st September 2010, 08:29 PM
:lol:

Iknowtoomuch
21st September 2010, 10:36 PM

I have no doubt the rate is higher. Once you start to learn who was married to who and the list continues on and on.

MAX YOUR CREDIT
23rd September 2010, 04:55 PM
HA! doesn't surprise me....

My estimation was close to accurate..... I had given them a year before I would hear they were divorce.

Enthetan
23rd September 2010, 05:17 PM
I observed the divorce rate being very high with staff, esp. SO.
I remember one reg that had a different last name three times during a
5 year period (Sea Org). And she was in her 30's. There was lots of
marriage hopping and LOTS of teenagers getting married to people
they knew for just a few weeks or months. How well they could know
each other without ever having an actual date I don't know. One lady
I know has a daughter in the SO who got married at 18. She met the son-in-law at the wedding, spent one day with him on Xmas, and hasn't seen him since, barely knows him, and she has only seen the son-in-law's parents once...at the wedding. They all live in LA and this is going on two years now ! Her own daughter's husband and family are total strangers to her. If they never wake up and leave, she'll never know the joys of extended family and grandchildren. Oh, I'm getting pissed writing this, better go calm down.
When i was in the SO, I was seriously considering getting married just for the sake of only having to share a room with one other person. And to get laid. Compatibility was unimportant because you would only see your spouse at night when you were too tired to do anything.

Smurf
24th September 2010, 09:13 AM
Elisabeth is 2nd generation... I suspect Fred didn't much like her parents, Ron and Linda.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/ron-moss.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/l/linda-moss.html

or her multi-talented brother, Derek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezs_SiX8AF0

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/derek-moss.html