PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Feshbach moved to Austin Texas

Liber8u
25th September 2010, 05:59 PM
I found that Cindy has moved to Austin, I assume to be a staff member there. Anybody know what has happened to her missions? :confused2:
http://cindyfeshbach.weebly.com/index.html

CarmeloOrchards
25th September 2010, 08:06 PM
I found that Cindy has moved to Austin, I assume to be a staff member there. Anybody know what has happened to her missions? :confused2:

the mission in Palo Alto is still there. She is no longer the mission holder. They are still working out who is going to be the mission holder.

AnonyMary
25th September 2010, 08:10 PM

I don't know but in June, she and Joe, as trustees of the Feshbach Family Trust, just took out an adjustable rate mortgage @ 5.375% for $742,000 for a condo at the Austonian on Congress Ave in Austin. The money is to be only used towards the purchase of the condo. What an ugly building. They are on up on a two digit floor number so there is no way this was purchased for a mission.

I thought these people were independently wealthy?

Could it be that they are retiring far and away from the clutches of IAS, Flag and PAC?

AnonyMary
25th September 2010, 08:12 PM
the mission in Palo Alto is still there. She is no longer the mission holder. They are still working out who is going to be the mission holder.

Do you think it was taken from her? Why would she not turn over her hat?

CarmeloOrchards
25th September 2010, 08:18 PM
I don't know but in June, she and Joe, as trustees of the Feshbach Family Trust, just took out an adjustable rate mortgage @ 5.375% for $742,000 for a condo at the Austonian on Congress Ave in Austin. The money is to be only used towards the purchase of the condo. What an ugly building. They are on up on a two digit floor number so there is no way this was purchased for a mission.

Could it be that they are retiring far and away from the clutches of IAS, Flag and PAC?

Yesterday we just got a mortgage at 4.05%. That sounds like highway robbery.

CarmeloOrchards
25th September 2010, 08:20 PM
Do you think it was taken from her? Why would she not turn over her hat?

The receptionist didn't sound like she was doing a shore story. I think she just relinquished the center. It has been a time sink. Any way to get away from it.

AnonyMary
25th September 2010, 08:40 PM
The receptionist didn't sound like she was doing a shore story. I think she just relinquished the center. It has been a time sink. Any way to get away from it.

I can believe that, lol, thanks :)

Joe and Cindy sold their last Pinellas Co FL properties in mid 2009, as well. I'd say they are retiring to TX but we shall soon see how much involved they, especially when Super Power is unleashed.

AnonyMary
25th September 2010, 08:42 PM

I know! They must not have much credit or equity elsewhere to have settled for that rate.

TG1
26th September 2010, 11:31 AM
I know! They must not have much credit or equity elsewhere to have settled for that rate.

I concur, AnonyMary.

I can't imagine the 'professional investor' Feshbachs are doing well financially these days. Anybody have any information or insights to offer on this front?

thetanic
26th September 2010, 11:51 AM

Well, it's not highway robbery if she's over-leveraged or has bad credit.

CarmeloOrchards
27th September 2010, 07:50 AM
I concur, AnonyMary.

I can't imagine the 'professional investor' Feshbachs are doing well financially these days. Anybody have any information or insights to offer on this front?

Their forté was selling short. I would think times were good.

Mockingbird6
27th September 2010, 08:01 AM
Their forté was selling short. I would think times were good.

Shortsellers make money when stocks are overpriced and they sell at that price and then the stock goes down and they buy it back to fill the previous sale. In this market, with stocks so low, it must be a lot harder to find one that's overpriced and certain to go lower.

AnonyMary
27th September 2010, 03:59 PM
Shortsellers make money when stocks are overpriced and they sell at that price and then the stock goes down and they buy it back to fill the previous sale. In this market, with stocks so low, it must be a lot harder to find one that's overpriced and certain to go lower.

Good explanation of short selling but it's a bit more complicated than that and not for the average investor to jump into.

For the reader, here is a link to more info on short selling:
http://www.fool.com/FoolFAQ/FoolFAQ0033.htm

When I was a scientololgist, I secretly likened the Feshbachs to people who made money postulating the downstat of a company to their financial benefit. I was never comfortable with their Short Selling activity as a way to make. There was something sinister to it, wanting to make money by helping crash their stock prices.

JackStraw
28th September 2010, 01:16 AM
I knew Joe a bit, Kurt less and Matt to say "hi" to.

They were running an investment business specializing in short sales, till "87 when (I think October) Black Thursday (or Friday) when the market really collapsed and they and their clients made bazillions overnight.:happydance:

Shortly after they all went to flag. Joe told me he did an ethics & qual cycle where he did, I guess, FDSing and a lot of study of the "basics" of investing the old-fashioned way, picking stocks he foresaw going up.

When Joe was later managing investments again it was stocks going up, he hoped.

Last I knew he & Cindy were living in a condo in Palo Alto, having down-sized from their (posh) house in Atherton.

Caused me to wonder about their fortunes, but really no data.:confused2:

Jack

afaceinthecrowd
28th September 2010, 01:26 AM

They were running an investment business specializing in short sales, till "87 when (I think October) Black Thursday (or Friday) when the market really collapsed and they and their clients made bazillions overnight.:happydance:

Shortly after they all went to flag. Joe told me he did an ethics & qual cycle where he did, I guess, FDSing and a lot of study of the "basics" of investing the old-fashioned way, picking stocks he foresaw going up.

Last I knew he & Cindy were living in a condo in Palo Alto, having down-sized from their (posh) house in Atherton.

Jack

Nearly everyone in the "Business" was playing long after the '87 crash...it was a "no brainer".

JackStraw
28th September 2010, 03:02 AM
Nearly everyone in the "Business" was playing long after the '87 crash...it was a "no brainer".

That does make a lot of sense.

I kinda had the impression, and certainly could be wrong about this, that it (the eth/qual cycle) wasn't entirely at his own self-determinism...:unsure:

Jack

CarmeloOrchards
28th September 2010, 04:14 AM
Which one has the house on Black Mountain Rd and Natoma Rd. in Los Altos Hills (94022)?
(and separately)
It sounds as if things aren't going so well.

clamicide
28th September 2010, 05:46 AM
Which one has the house on Black Mountain Rd and Natoma Rd. in Los Altos Hills (94022)?
(and separately)

Damn. I will have to raid my moldy memory banks. I think I've been to both of those places. At one point Lynn was trying to introduce me to rich potential husband prospects so I could enjoy a similar life that she came across by marrying into public Scio Royalty. I kind of really liked her in a lot of ways.

Unfortunately, I had this weird integrity "thang" where I just didn't feel right about hooking up with rich dudes as marriage prospects only for "the greatest good" and the cash (broke-ass bitch now thinks she might have been too hasty :D). They did have some awesome parties after events. Some were pretty shallow, and others were skinny-dipping free-for alls while the Feshbachs were trusting Scio's to be sane on their property. I can't believe I forgot about a lot of this stuff. I remember waking up at one of their homes with a white rose on my pillow from someone prospecting me as a 2D, and thanking LRH *gag* that I didn't go 'out-ethics', but actually, underneath, I think I actually wished I did. The Feshbachs were sort of a legend in the area. I still remember the first time a gal confessed how horrible it was working for them.

It was just odd. There was the Feshbach royalty. There was a very yuppy following through the Los Gatos org. A lot of us were really trained to hate them, because they were living affluently. There were so many fricking subtexts...just more distractions from how we were all just.....!$#@

TG1
28th September 2010, 05:48 AM
Damn. I will have to raid my moldy memory banks. I think I've been to both of those places. At one point Lynn was trying to introduce me to rich potential husband prospects so I could enjoy a similar life that she came across by marrying into public Scio Royalty. I kind of really liked her in a lot of ways.

Unfortunately, I had this weird integrity "thang" where I just didn't feel right about hooking up with rich dudes as marriage prospects only for "the greatest good" and the cash (broke-ass bitch now thinks she might have been too hasty :D). They did have some awesome parties after events. Some were pretty shallow, and others were skinny-dipping free-for alls while the Feshbachs were trusting Scio's to be sane on their property. I can't believe I forgot about a lot of this stuff. I remember waking up at one of their homes with a white rose on my pillow from someone prospecting me as a 2D, and thanking LRH *gag* that I didn't go 'out-ethics', but actually, underneath, I think I actually wished I did. The Feshbachs were sort of a legend in the area. I still remember the first time a gal confessed how horrible it was working for them.

It was just odd. There was the Feshbach royalty. There was a very yuppy following through the Los Gatos org. A lot of us were really trained to hate them, because they were living affluently. There were so many fricking subtexts...just more distractions from how we were all just.....!$#@

MOAR!

CarmeloOrchards
28th September 2010, 06:19 AM

skinny dipping was and is normal in our area. has been since the 60s at least. not even a flicker of an eyelid.

clamicide
28th September 2010, 06:34 AM
skinny dipping was and is normal in our area. has been since the 60s at least. not even a flicker of an eyelid.

Yeah...but in the cult...it was EVIL!!! It was a one way ticket to the ethics officer. 2D flows and all that bullshit. I've seen so much goldenrod fly...and even MORE frightening...goldenrod that was not allowed to be shown for outpr or fear of blackmail stuff...and now I live in this crazy liberal city where I can....shite........fill in the blank. Talk about FREEDOM! oh, and the MOAR comment from before...what MOAR do you want to know? Seriously, I wasn't paying attention at the time. No idea anybody would give a damn years later.:)

CarmeloOrchards
28th September 2010, 07:03 AM
Matt and Kurt got in around 1970-71 at the tiny little hole in the wall on Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park.

At that time, Scientology was free in our area of 2D and naked body suppression. There were normal week end parties at the Gerbode's, the Albert's and more where dozens of naked people were in the hot tub or pool. Bruce Bishop, in the 60s, had done a naked comm course that many participated in.

In LA and in the south San Francisco Bay area parties with spin the bottle, truth or dare, exchanging partners were normal.

I remember in a swimming pool in Palo Alto, Jerrye Albert sitting on my shoulders playing hand to hand combat with someone else on another's shoulders. Everybody was naked. Jerrye was saying her pussy lips were getting really turned on and hot. her husband, Alan was right there. nobody thought anything about that kind of stuff. We could all speak pretty freely.

Shelly Gerbers dog, Schwartz, at one party licked somebody's butt while they were humping on the floor with any number of other couples doing the same thing too.That was pretty funny.

I left in 76. Things like that were still completely OK at that time.

I don't know when or why they changed in the Co$.

About ten years ago, I had a PC at my house from the East Coast getting auditing from me. He was a real horn dog. He loved going to strip clubs like the Mitchell Brothers' theater. One morning around 6 AM, he was on our rear deck smoking a cigarette. My wife called to him from the hot tub. He turned around and noticed that she was naked. He turned bright red and pink, and couldn't get away fast enough. She thought it was the funniest thing. Me too.

Smurf
28th September 2010, 09:10 AM

Pretty pricy building. Just opened last year.

http://downtown-austin-luxury-condo-insider.blogspot.com/2008/03/200-congress-ave-austin-tx-78701.html

http://www.theaustonian.com/

AnonyMary
28th September 2010, 04:22 PM

Jack

Interesting.. thanks!

Lurker5
28th September 2010, 04:36 PM
Good explanation of short selling but it's a bit more complicated than that and not for the average investor to jump into.

For the reader, here is a link to more info on short selling:
http://www.fool.com/FoolFAQ/FoolFAQ0033.htm

When I was a scientololgist, I secretly likened the Feshbachs to people who made money postulating the downstat of a company to their financial benefit. I was never comfortable with their Short Selling activity as a way to make. There was something sinister to it, wanting to make money by helping crash their stock prices.

YES - THIS /\ /\ /\

Most ethical people on the planet, my ass . . .

Lurker5
28th September 2010, 04:38 PM

Yeah, MOAR !

Lurker5
28th September 2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah...but in the cult...it was EVIL!!! It was a one way ticket to the ethics officer. 2D flows and all that bullshit. I've seen so much goldenrod fly...and even MORE frightening...goldenrod that was not allowed to be shown for outpr or fear of blackmail stuff...and now I live in this crazy liberal city where I can....shite........fill in the blank. Talk about FREEDOM! oh, and the MOAR comment from before...what MOAR do you want to know? Seriously, I wasn't paying attention at the time. No idea anybody would give a damn years later.:)

MOAR STORIES. Quite fascinating . . . :D

clamicide
28th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I've heard so much that made me think I really missed out on the 'golden' years of total fun. I did catch a part of when event season was sort of Scio mating season, and there were always giant after-parties with tons of booze. Back then, the events were off-site and had some degree of elegance and fun. Later, they were all in-house and complete reg-a-thon nightmares. I unfortunately, had a major part in having parties for just the sake of parties being forbidden after hours at the org. I was just a public at the time, so I didn't get creamed like the staff member involved did. I just became...uh....let's just say some people didn't want me around their kids. :whistling: Hyperactive ethics freaks! Actually, I hadn't done anything wrong, but the Scio rumor-mill is just wicked.

Oh, and I got a p.m. informing me that Lynn did not marry Kurt for the money. He didn't have any yet. I did know that, so I apologize if my post implied that. She just thought it'd be cool if I could enjoy some of the stuff that she was able to enjoy because she did have money. It was just a tiny blip on the radar, and I just happened to remember it. I was kind of a little bit in awe of her. It's just weird, when you get into the cult at a young age, and have taken on staff mentality, some folks don't age mentally. That was me, and even though she really wasn't much older, I kind of looked up to her like a little kid would because she seemed so damn cool.

Does anyone remember, was Kurt the one who hooked up with his kid's nanny? I remember my FSM telling me that she (the nanny) had done some sort of conditions or battle plans or admin scale or maybe all of the above to get him. That she had decided she was going to get a rich man so she wouldn't have to worry about money and that she applied the tech and got her product. Bizarre stuff.

Liber8u
28th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Kurt married Kannon Harris.
It's a very interesting story, Matt Feshbach was married to AJ. They had one child, Katie (who's locked up in Gold Base, I understand)
Matt and AJ got divorced and she married a man who was Kannon's dad or step-dad, I believe his last name was Porter.
Kannon and Katie grew up as sisters, they were pretty close in age. Kannon was treated as one of the family at all the family get-togethers. She got birthday and Christmas presents from the Feshbachs, etc.
Kannon was thought of as one of the cousins, (kids of Matt, Joe and Kurt.)
Later, she took a housekeeping job at Joe and Cindy's house. She became even closer to the family.
When she got a little older she went to work for Feshbach Brothers.
Kurt and Lynn got divorced and Kurt married and divorced someone else. Kurt and Kannon were working together at Feshbach Brothers and love bloomed.
Later they got married.
So, Kurt married his ex-step-niece, Kind of incestuous but not exactly.

Lurker5
28th September 2010, 09:43 PM
Now these are the stories I was talking about - :lol:

MOAR MOAR !

JackStraw
29th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Kurt married Kannon Harris.
It's a very interesting story, Matt Feshbach was married to AJ. They had one child, Katie (who's locked up in Gold Base, I understand)
Matt and AJ got divorced and she married a man who was Kannon's dad or step-dad, I believe his last name was Porter.
Kannon and Katie grew up as sisters, they were pretty close in age. Kannon was treated as one of the family at all the family get-togethers. She got birthday and Christmas presents from the Feshbachs, etc.
Kannon was thought of as one of the cousins, (kids of Matt, Joe and Kurt.)
Later, she took a housekeeping job at Joe and Cindy's house. She became even closer to the family.
When she got a little older she went to work for Feshbach Brothers.
Kurt and Lynn got divorced and Kurt married and divorced someone else. Kurt and Kannon were working together at Feshbach Brothers and love bloomed.
Later they got married.
So, Kurt married his ex-step-niece, Kind of incestuous but not exactly.

Kannon used to refer to Joe and Kurt as "uncle".

She joked to me one time that she was marrying "Uncle" Kurtie!:dieslaughing:

Jack

JackStraw
29th September 2010, 01:36 AM
(and separately)

I'm pretty sure that was Kurt & Lynn.

Kurt & Kannon then had a temporary place on Hamilton in PA and then in Sharon Heights but soon moved to Fla.

Joe & Cindy were on Edgerton, IIRC.

Jack

JackStraw
29th September 2010, 01:41 AM
Matt and Kurt got in around 1970-71 at the tiny little hole in the wall on Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park.

At that time, Scientology was free in our area of 2D and naked body suppression. There were normal week end parties at the Gerbode's, the Albert's and more where dozens of naked people were in the hot tub or pool. Bruce Bishop, in the 60s, had done a naked comm course that many participated in.

In LA and in the south San Francisco Bay area parties with spin the bottle, truth or dare, exchanging partners were normal.

I remember in a swimming pool in Palo Alto, Jerrye Albert sitting on my shoulders playing hand to hand combat with someone else on another's shoulders. Everybody was naked. Jerrye was saying her pussy lips were getting really turned on and hot. her husband, Alan was right there. nobody thought anything about that kind of stuff. We could all speak pretty freely.

Shelly Gerbers dog, Schwartz, at one party licked somebody's butt while they were humping on the floor with any number of other couples doing the same thing too.That was pretty funny.

I left in 76. Things like that were still completely OK at that time.

I don't know when or why they changed in the Co$.

About ten years ago, I had a PC at my house from the East Coast getting auditing from me. He was a real horn dog. He loved going to strip clubs like the Mitchell Brothers' theater. One morning around 6 AM, he was on our rear deck smoking a cigarette. My wife called to him from the hot tub. He turned around and noticed that she was naked. He turned bright red and pink, and couldn't get away fast enough. She thought it was the funniest thing. Me too.

This didn't last too much longer after you left, there was none of that when I showed up in July/Aug '78.:grouch:

The best we did was late (after post Friday nights) drinking and stories in the back of Lytton Gardens Rest./Bar.

Jack

SignPost
29th September 2010, 04:04 AM
What happened with Tigger? Did she go with Kurt n Kannon to Florida. And where did OMGWTFBBQ Mandy Winger go? I worked for Matt and Kathy and Joe and Cindy from 1990 to 2004. I was their handyman. Cindy was my auditor thru the grades. And Kathy did my NED DRD.

Liber8u
29th September 2010, 06:25 AM
Tigger still works for Kurt in Clearwater.

CarmeloOrchards
22nd November 2010, 09:35 AM
some more people leaving Los Gatos. PM me if you're interested in talking with them.

Gus
23rd November 2010, 03:42 AM
The Feschbachs are just sooooo upstat though!

:bwahaha:

Gus.

CarmeloOrchards
11th December 2010, 08:19 AM
Would anyone be interested in a holiday party for exes in the San Francisco Bay Area?

JackStraw
12th December 2010, 01:58 AM
Would anyone be interested in a holiday party for exes in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I'm in!:happydance::gathering::gathering::happydance:

Jack

Wants2Talk
12th December 2010, 03:25 AM
My ex-wife, Sue Lane, use to work for the Feshbeck Bros. Do any of you remember her?

JackStraw
12th December 2010, 05:19 AM
My ex-wife, Sue Lane, use to work for the Feshbeck Bros. Do any of you remember her?

I know/knew Sue...She was with, at that time, a guy with the same name as one of the Beatles...

He told me one night, a big 40th birthday bash, that "sushi is OK, if they cook it right!"

I'm trying to be circumspect here, not knowing Sue enough to know about husbands, ex husbands, post-ex-husbands...

Jack

SignPost
12th December 2010, 05:30 AM
I'm in!:happydance::gathering::gathering::happydance:

Jack

Me too.

CarmeloOrchards
12th December 2010, 05:48 PM
It looks like, based on responses, that we'll try for a party in the Bay Area after January first. Too many seem to be committed already

dianaclass8
12th December 2010, 06:15 PM
It looks like, based on responses, that we'll try for a party in the Bay Area after January first. Too many seem to be committed already

Can I come too? :happydance:

CarmeloOrchards
12th December 2010, 06:43 PM
Can I come too? :happydance:

yes.