PDA

View Full Version : Travolta will be in Perth for Telethon

behindmycamel
26th October 2010, 04:53 AM
Just dropped into my local deli and saw a sign up for this.

Somehow I don't think he will be dropping into the local morg.
Though I wonder if the scilons here will be using the visit as some kind of excuse for more regging?

Carmel
26th October 2010, 05:35 AM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/8195915/travolta-perth-bound-for-telethon/

Panda Termint
26th October 2010, 05:42 AM
Well, good for him. To quote the article;

Travolta will be the latest in a long list of high profile celebrities who have thrown their support behind Telethon, which has raised almost $100 million for research into children's diseases over the past 42 years.
You can't fault the guy for doing this stuff.
Goodonya, John. :thumbsup:

fortymarriedandbalding
26th October 2010, 08:39 AM
Deleted - misread the article

oneonewasaracecar
26th October 2010, 08:48 AM
The 2010 Telethon Weekend will kick off at 6.30pm Saturday November 13 and finish just after 8.30pm Sunday November 14.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/3816/perthtelethon.png

SSerenity
1st November 2010, 07:56 AM
Very much doubt he'll go to the local org there - just found out they are down to only 10 or so staff - not the shining example for celebs to see! :duh:

MrNobody
1st November 2010, 08:58 AM
Very much doubt he'll go to the local org there - just found out they are down to only 10 or so staff - not the shining example for celebs to see! :duh:

You might be surprised what former celebs are willing to do. They'll happily perform in front of a group of only 5 people in a run-down location. A little attention and applause is all they need. :wink2:

Panda Termint
1st November 2010, 11:05 AM
The above hardly describes Travolta.

MrNobody
1st November 2010, 07:41 PM
The above hardly describes Travolta.

You're surely right. My comment was more of a tongue-in-cheek one, based on my work experience with some former national celebs who I accompanied. I didn't count the audience back then, but it was less than 20 people. Tough cookie for someone who once had sold nearly a million records. MrNobody doesn't care whether he plays for 5 or 500 people, but for former celebs who once made the masses boil, it's an extremely frustrating experience. I truly feel for them.