PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher Outs John Travolta As Gay!

Type4_PTS
12th December 2010, 06:12 PM
There's a number of stories beginning to hit the internet stemming from an interview that the Advocate did with Carrie Fisher, a long time friend of John Travolta. Here's one of them below from Examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-cincinnati/john-travolta-is-gay-according-to-carrie-fisher-s-new-interview

"John Travolta is gay according to Carrie Fisher's new interview and living a secret life as a homosexual.
Carrie Fisher has outed long time pal John Travolta in her recent interview. Fisher has had no problem speaking publicly about the sexual preferences of the 'Saturday Night Fever' star stating in fact he is gay.

John Travolta has been fighting off gay rumors and tabloid tales of gay escapades since the 80's. Travolta's legal team has been busy keeping up with all the gay speculation, stating that these claims are all false.

Carrie Fisher's recently spoke with the Advocate and the actress had no problem announcing to the world that Travolta is gay and openly discussed his private and personal sexual preferences.

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated
Fisher stated Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we dont care. Look, Im sorry that hes uncomfortable with it, and thats all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.

dianaclass8
12th December 2010, 06:23 PM
There's a number of stories beginning to hit the internet stemming from an interview that the Advocate did with Carrie Fisher, a long time friend of John Travolta. Here's one of them below from Examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-cincinnati/john-travolta-is-gay-according-to-carrie-fisher-s-new-interview

"John Travolta is gay according to Carrie Fisher's new interview and living a secret life as a homosexual.
Carrie Fisher has outed long time pal John Travolta in her recent interview. Fisher has had no problem speaking publicly about the sexual preferences of the 'Saturday Night Fever' star stating in fact he is gay.

John Travolta has been fighting off gay rumors and tabloid tales of gay escapades since the 80's. Travolta's legal team has been busy keeping up with all the gay speculation, stating that these claims are all false.

Carrie Fisher's recently spoke with the Advocate and the actress had no problem announcing to the world that Travolta is gay and openly discussed his private and personal sexual preferences.

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated
Fisher stated Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we dont care. Look, Im sorry that hes uncomfortable with it, and thats all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.

LOL! I like John, he actually is a very nice guy in person. I was one day at the Renaissance Restaurant at CCI and he was there eating too with other people and he talked to us to my heart's content and let us take pictures and he never stopped smiling.

Dulloldfart
12th December 2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe he'll finally admit it publicly. Then, hopefully, the cult will have lost its main hold over him, although Kelly has to be taken into account too.

Paul

ScottN
12th December 2010, 08:52 PM
Kind of sad that the sex lives of celebrities -- especially gay sex -- is still such a big deal.

(Remember in the 70s when celebs WANTED to be thought of as bisexual because it was considered cool? Ah, those were the days.:yes:)

I've read a lot of allegations about Cruise's alleged secret gay life, but not that much about Travolta's.

Wisened One
12th December 2010, 08:57 PM
I really don't believe that Carrie Fisher would out him like that. If she really was a friend to him, why would she announce that? I'm sure friends of Jody Foster never outed her (till she did, herself). Ya know?

I personally don't care what JT's preferences are. (Not even sure I believe he's gay or bi, but even if he is, who cares?).

I've always liked JT and always will! :yes:

Zinjifar
12th December 2010, 08:58 PM
The major point for both Cruise and Travolta is the vehement public denials on *top* of the inherently homophobic nature of Scientology. For some that nature is considered irrelevant, since based on statements made by Hubbard in the 50s. However, in practice, Scientology *acts* on a homophobic internally, with the *exception* of 'celebrities', which makes the charge one of hypocrisy rather than simple homophobia.

Zinj

Feral
12th December 2010, 09:38 PM
I'm sure the world will be happier to embrace him as a homosexual than a Scientologist.

Which would be more embarrassing to you?

What's more if John wasn't a scio he would have been so much more able to come to terms with his sexuality. There's no stigma nowadays except in backward cults.

Zinjifar
12th December 2010, 09:52 PM
Of course, it's only evil Cults that record 'ethics files' for blackmail purposes.

Zinj

Auditor's Toad
12th December 2010, 10:09 PM
"Outing" people is something I never thought was a good thing.

Sort of like those in the Co$ that have this compulsion to get off others withholds - just something about that has always struck me a slimey act from a low life.

Like these do-gooders who run around telling people "in" that so & so has been "declared" so they have to "disconnect" from them. Always struck me as all about an attempt to harm the "declared" person and nothing ever to do with "protecting" the person being 'warned".

A slimeball is a slimeball no matter where they ooze to.

ScottN
12th December 2010, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, I think "coming out" would damage Travolta's career -- even more so than his links to the COS.

Operating DB
12th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, I think "coming out" would damage Travolta's career -- even more so than his links to the COS.

Hmmm. Many a celebrity has come out and as far as I can tell it has not harmed their careers. Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris, Jodie Foster are very successful in their lives after having come out.

degraded being
12th December 2010, 11:08 PM
What about the *cheating on the wife part*.?????

I actually think that kind of thing is between the people themselves, and not for the world to pick to bits as in Tiger Wood's scandal.

Except in this case, Travolta is not only homosexual, but homo novis, one of the most ethical beings on the planet. JT supports the cult that is trying to put ethics in on the whole planet.
JT is a figurehead for the cult. Has he bothered to read any of the *entheta* out there? He has a public career, he is bloody stupid if he hasn't read it and a motherucker if he has read it but decided to ignore it. If he read it but didn't believe it he is just an idiot. There is also the option that he is being blackmailed, and if he is I'm guessing that what they have on him is pretty wild.

Auditor's Toad
12th December 2010, 11:16 PM
Well, perhaps, we'll get some of the higher profile "gay" people that were told by a reg they couls be " cured " of being a homosexual by auditing. Some people got sold lots of auditing that way. Of course, their being homosexual never changed.

Over the years there have been has flaps about that.

Per the policies of old ron being homosexual is a "bad" thing. Of course, even on this board, pointing out old ron sure screamed a whole lot about 1.1 homosexuals never would allow any wondering if he was a closet homosexual.

Anyway, these days, being against homosexuals is very out of fashionand the Co$ is locked into their 50s anti-gay stance.

There is no way out for 'em on that one !

ScottN
12th December 2010, 11:23 PM
Hmmm. Many a celebrity has come out and as far as I can tell it has not harmed their careers. Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris, Jodie Foster are very successful in their lives after having come out.

Yeah, but they weren't married with kids. Living a "lie," as it were.

It seems (imho) that it would be a bigger deal with Travolta because it's more of a secret.

But I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. :yes:

Again, not saying that Travolta is gay.

Feral
12th December 2010, 11:24 PM
So I guess it's a good time to mention that you shouldn't tell Carrie Fisher any personal secrets.

I think Carrie is off the Christmas card list.

Sindy
12th December 2010, 11:25 PM
What about the *cheating on the wife part*.?????

I actually think that kind of thing is between the people themselves, and not for the world to pick to bits as in Tiger Wood's scandal.

Except in this case, Travolta is not only homosexual, but homo novis, one of the most ethical beings on the planet. JT supports the cult that is trying to put ethics in on the whole planet.
JT is a figurehead for the cult. Has he bothered to read any of the *entheta* out there? He has a public career, he is bloody stupid if he hasn't read it and a motherucker if he has read it but decided to ignore it. If he read it but didn't believe it he is just an idiot. There is also the option that he is being blackmailed, and if he is I'm guessing that what they have on him is pretty wild.

No matter what the church has on him, it doesn't matter. If the populace was willing to forgive OJ Simpson or not believe the prosecution about murder, they won't care what comes out about JT. In addition, no one likes a snitch, especially an organization that is supposed to keep your secrets confidential. It would so backfire on them.

They can't win. John Travolta is so much more loved than the C of S. He's in the catbird seat, not the church. If he started speaking out, forget about it, game over. If only! :melodramatic:

Sindy
12th December 2010, 11:26 PM
So I guess it's a good time to mention that you shouldn't tell Carrie Fisher any personal secrets.

I think Carrie is off the Christmas card list.

With friends like her, who needs enemas. :coolwink:

uniquemand
12th December 2010, 11:27 PM
This is huge news. I can't imagine the way the universe will have to restructure itself around Travoltas sex habits.

ScottN
12th December 2010, 11:28 PM
Well, perhaps, we'll get some of the higher profile "gay" people that were told by a reg they couls be " cured " of being a homosexual by auditing. Some people got sold lots of auditing that way. Of course, their being homosexual never changed.

Who knew that Scientology and Conservative Christians had so much in common? :)

They both offer "the cure.":eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker
12th December 2010, 11:30 PM

It isn't. At best it denotes a morbid preoccupation with gossip on the part of the "outer". More often it is indicative of their own deep seated anger and animosity.

Mark A. Baker

ScottN
12th December 2010, 11:30 PM
This is huge news. I can't imagine the way the universe will have to restructure itself around Travoltas sex habits.

Just wait till Justin Bieber comes out. Global cataclysm to follow....

Panda Termint
12th December 2010, 11:43 PM
Sexuality ain't what it used to be! :)

Dulloldfart
12th December 2010, 11:46 PM
If the populace was willing to forgive OJ Simpson or not believe the prosecution about murder <snip>

The populace of Mars, would that be?

Paul

Sindy
12th December 2010, 11:47 PM

:lol:

Sindy
12th December 2010, 11:53 PM
The populace of Mars, would that be?

PaulHa! LOL. I know....but lots of people would have rather just kept lovin' OJ. He actually kept being a bozo and squandered his win. He could have retained, at least in some quarters, some respectability if he would have demonstrated even a semblance of character afterward.

You get the gist of what I'm sayin' though, right? Or am I just talkin' crazy stuff? :confused2::)

Dulloldfart
12th December 2010, 11:58 PM
Ha! LOL. I know....but lots of people would have rather just kept lovin' OJ. He actually kept being a bozo and squandered his win. He could have retained, at least in some quarters, some respectability if he would have demonstrated even a semblance of character afterward.

You get the gist of what I'm sayin' though, right? Or am I just talkin' crazy stuff? :confused2::)

I can't say that I've seen a careful survey, but going by jokes on Jay Leno and the like, the general consensus seemed to have been that he was guilty as hell, and got off the criminal charge (not the civil one) through technicalities only.

Paul

Auditor's Toad
13th December 2010, 12:00 AM
JT has been around a long time and in some respects is a good old boy and other ways he is very savy. Keeping his career going is one of the ways he is very savy.

If it ever 'works' for him careerwise to annouce he is 'gay' or that he 'left' the Co$ then my bet is he would.

TC some people are way turned off to becuase he is a scio and most people don't make an issue of JT being a scio. Somebody understands PR as it relates to them longterm and some don't.

I think JT would do just fine outside scio or by calling himself gay, or both or neither.

I don't like everything he did... I still can't get past the first 6 minutes of BE.

Zinjifar
13th December 2010, 12:07 AM
and got off the criminal charge (not the civil one) through technicalities only.

Paul

The 'technicality' was a jury that didn't care if he'd murdered two people. Usually a 'technicality' refers to some legal foul up. Not so here.

Zinj

Auditor's Toad
13th December 2010, 12:19 AM
"Usually a 'technicality' refers to some legal foul up. Not so here".

Oh, and what was it about the fibers in (from) the Bronco that caused them to not be allowed into evidence?

Anybody 'spain what it would be called when that evidence that put OJ at the crime scene was allowed into evidence?

Zinjifar
13th December 2010, 12:35 AM
"Usually a 'technicality' refers to some legal foul up. Not so here".

Oh, and what was it about the fibers in (from) the Bronco that caused them to not be allowed into evidence?

Anybody 'spain what it would be called when that evidence that put OJ at the crime scene was allowed into evidence?

Had it been allowed it would have made no difference. The evidence presented and allowed was sufficient for 'beyond a reasonable doubt'; not beyond the vague possibility that the LAPD and Whitey were out to get OJ and all us volks and we need to send them a message.

Zinj

Mark A. Baker
13th December 2010, 12:36 AM
The 'technicality' was a jury that didn't care if he'd murdered two people. Usually a 'technicality' refers to some legal foul up. Not so here.

Zinj

No, Z. In fact the above statement is fairly idiotic. What the jury "cares about" has no relevance in a criminal legal proceeding.

The jury concluded that the prosecution FAILED to make their case BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. That is the legal standard that is REQUIRED to be met for a guilty verdict. It's not somesort of an optional guideline dispensable at will depending on the weight of public opinion. Further, its one of the key legal protections that prevent elected officials from doing whatever they want to whomever they wish.

Disagree with the verdict all you want. You weren't called upon to serve on the jury, so your opinion doesn't matter. The fact is the prosecution DID muff their case. They made fairly substantial trial errors during the proceedings. Simpson had good lawyers and they made use of every opportunity to discredit the prosecution. In the end that is what got him off.

Mark A. Baker

HelluvaHoax!
13th December 2010, 07:17 AM
I am double-outing OJ as the double-murderer.

Travolta likewise needs to double-out.

OUT OF THE CLOSET

OUT OF SCIENTOLOGY

Wouldn't that be an amazing press conference?

JOHN TRAVOLTA
(reading a prepared statement)
I love anal sex. But, I hate getting
fucked in the ass by a cult. I'm out and
I'm out.... Any questions?

Sindy
13th December 2010, 07:25 AM

OUT OF THE CLOSET

OUT OF SCIENTOLOGY

JOHN TRAVOLTA
I love anal sex. But, I hate being

:hysterical::hysterical:

Hatshepsut
13th December 2010, 08:06 AM
I think the general negative considerations about being gay in the C of S needed to change long ago. There are just Soooooooooooo many gay staffers, male and female whom I've met over the decades who either married someone of the opposite sex or put their second dynamic on hold. Right off the top of my head I can think of about 20 individuals.
I don't believe it is constructive to dramatize one's sexual compulsions towards the ruination of one's life. So sometimes its just better not to let your hormones dictate whazzup with you. But this notion that these hormone balances would change with auditing sucks. :ohmy: Its almost like thinking you will no longer be big boned or have a large adams apple after processing.

I've seen a few Carrie Fisher interviews and I can totally believe she thought it no big deal to out JT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6VS3IjMC4

Kutta
13th December 2010, 08:28 AM
Sorry for ignorance, but who's Carrie Fisher when she's at home? Name rings a bell, but not the picture.

Hatshepsut
13th December 2010, 08:35 AM
Don't blame you for not recognizing her. That is a major facelift she is sporting in the video above. She is Princess Leia of Star Wars fame. She is the lady with the MK rifle from Blues Brothers. She is Debbie Reynold's daughter. She was once married to Paul Simon. She is a comedienne par excellance. At least I think she is very funny.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/imagesCAPSJKTD.jpg__http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/imagesCAJBEWI6.jpg__http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/imagesCAFYJ9AD.jpg__http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ97s396kb0

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/imagesCAW3QY0L.jpg__http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/imagesCA9LIMZA.jpg__http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae345/loutupper/carrie.jpg

CarmeloOrchards
13th December 2010, 08:48 AM
Sorry for ignorance, but who's Carrie Fisher when she's at home? Name rings a bell, but not the picture.

Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynold's daughter.
She starred in a little film called "Star Wars"
She writes best selling books and is a screenwriter also..
She does one person shows to rave reviews.

She is famous for this quote,"You can't find any true closeness in Hollywood, because everybody does the fake closeness so well"

Kutta
13th December 2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks. Yes, I sort of remembered the Star Wars connection, but the picture put me off making it for sure. And I wondered about the "Fisher" name.

Ogsonofgroo
13th December 2010, 09:43 AM

Really?

I think that being real to himself would actually help his acting, like, instead of acting all the time he could be himself and start from there, an honest perspective would gain him a shit-load of respect he sure isn't getting now.

oh ya, his career...... how could things like Battle Fried Birth ever compete with just being yourself?

Regardless, 99.999999 percent of the world will continue to not give a fuck one way or the other.

degraded being
13th December 2010, 11:57 AM

OUT OF THE CLOSET

OUT OF SCIENTOLOGY

JOHN TRAVOLTA
I love anal sex. But, I hate getting

He's not just getting fucked in the arse by the cult, he's fucking others *there* also. Yeah yeah yeah, we luurv JT, but he is fucking people up the arse very publically,metaphorically speaking, and all the voyuers stand around and say, "what a lovely guy".
I want to see DM come out and root TC up the bum and see if everyone applauds that so much.

Panda Termint
13th December 2010, 01:31 PM
This thread has definitely taken a turn for the worse.:outtahere:

FinallyMe
13th December 2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks. Yes, I sort of remembered the Star Wars connection, but the picture put me off making it for sure. And I wondered about the "Fisher" name.

Debbie Reynolds was married to singer Eddie Fisher before he dumped her to marry Elizabeth Taylor in the 50's. Carrie is Debbie's daughter with Eddie.

Wisened One
13th December 2010, 07:34 PM
Still, that don't sound like a real friend, for Carrie to do that to John. :no: (But then again, if it IS true, AND if it helps wake John up and out of the cult, later on, he WILL be thanking Carrie, for that....so...maybe she IS a good friend to do that, idk....)

CarmeloOrchards
13th December 2010, 08:52 PM
Still, that don't sound like a real friend, for Carrie to do that to John. :no: (But then again, if it IS true, AND if it helps wake John up and out of the cult, later on, he WILL be thanking Carrie, for that....so...maybe she IS a good friend to do that, idk....)

His picture kissing a guy on a 747 on the National Enquirer was pretty out there.

Carrie has had bigger goblins in her closet that she outed.

She is a GOOD friend to her friends. If she beats the Church of $$$$$$$ from doing a number on him, it is a favor, though it may not make him happy. He has long had a point where they ( Alex Sibiresky, etc) can nail him to the Co$.

He has integrity and is conflicted. so what else is new?

Dukat
13th December 2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks Carmel! ^ ^ ^ ^
This thread is back on track!

I agree that she is a good friend and perhaps was lobbing a preemptive strike in favor of her friend.

She knows Hollywood and the media.
She most likely knows lots and lots of the criminal cult.
(Who in Hollywood doesn't? lol)

Dulloldfart
13th December 2010, 10:02 PM
What is important is not so much that she said what she did, but how much other media outlets run with the story, and if it has sticking power.

As of this minute, Google News has 75 news articles about it. Let's see where it goes from here.

Paul

Wisened One
13th December 2010, 11:12 PM
What is important is not so much that she said what she did, but how much other media outlets run with the story, and if it has sticking power.

As of this minute, Google News has 75 news articles about it. Let's see where it goes from here.

Paul

It's still one of the top 'trending searches' of Yahoo, too....

TR'SIN
14th December 2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks to the publics need to stare at the train-wreck until the obvious outcome - we might be in for some interesting follow-up to Carrie Fisher's statements about John Travolta.

The climate has been set right for the viewers of all those magazine/tabloid "celebrity news shows". Not much is left to the imagination these days. They are quite happy to notice a slight water weight gain of some starlet to the chunky thighs of some "previous" starlet. Everything from sex, drugs, rock-n-roll to tatoos and hairstyles is fodder for this type of reporting group.

I would think his career would be fine and maybe improve. After all he's got a bunch of "movies-for-a-paycheck", not just BE, listed in his filmography and he remains a very popular movie star.

He may have the had to pay a very heavy price for being involved with the Co$, both with money and the cover up. His life would have to be staged, nearly all the time, except on his compound and that can't be much fun. Also, any celebrity connected to the Co$ doesn't get to say much except the party line. And we know that from those who have taken the time to tell their stories once they manage to escape the ties.

I really hope he gets to say it all, whichever way it goes and I wish him and his family well. And most of all I hope they get the hell out of there.

I told you I was trouble
14th December 2010, 07:33 AM
The cult has just lost it's vice-like grip on John Travolta if what Carrie Fisher said is true (or was once true).

Assuming it is/was true she has done him a huge favour and I bet she had his approval to do it (if only tacit) ... I doubt she would just announce something like that without his OK.

He is truly loved and his innate goodness shines out of him, I hope he discovers that no-one except the cult (spits) cares about his sexuality and his wife would already be aware of any issues (past or present).

:yes:

Peter Soderqvist
14th December 2010, 09:16 AM
TIME - The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power
The church's former head of security, Richard Aznaran, recalls Scientology ringleader Miscavige repeatedly joking to staffers about Travolta's allegedly promiscuous homosexual behavior.
http://www.clambake.org/archive/media/time910605.html

Extract from an article in The Star, August 18 1998 issue, page 5
John Travolta has been dragged into court battle between a gay artist and the powerful Church of Scientology. Michael Pattison says he turned to the sect to "cure" his homosexuality after it used 44-year old "Face Off" star Travolta to illustrate how the church could turn gay people straight. Now Pattison is suing the church and 22 of its members for fraud, claiming he spent 25 years and a half a million dollars trying to deal with his own homosexuality - but is still gay.

His lawyer, Graham Berry, tells STAR: "Michael was in a Scientology center in Clearwater, Florida with Travolta and they used him as an example of someone who could be cured of what they referred to as is "ruin". However, after 25 years and $500,000, Michael is still gay". http://www.lermanet.com/cos/pattinson1.htm

A Peek into John Travolta’s file
http://caliwog.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/im-still-here/#comment-849

Telepathetic
14th December 2010, 09:55 PM

Sort of like those in the Co$ that have this compulsion to get off others withholds - just something about that has always struck me a slimey act from a low life.

Like these do-gooders who run around telling people "in" that so & so has been "declared" so they have to "disconnect" from them. Always struck me as all about an attempt to harm the "declared" person and nothing ever to do with "protecting" the person being 'warned".

A slimeball is a slimeball no matter where they ooze to.

I agree.

TP

nozeno
14th December 2010, 10:06 PM
Ooh-ooh-ooooh

http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/horshack.jpg

Who cares if he is a bone smoker? His biggest mistake is being tied up in the cult.

TheSneakster
16th December 2010, 06:50 AM
When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated Fisher stated “Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.”

You all seem to have overlooked something about this quote: whilst Carrie Fisher might very well believe J.T. is gay and hold the above stated opinion about it, there is nothing at all presented to show that she is now or ever was in a position to know for a true fact that J.T. actually is or is not.

One cannot "out" someone when they don't actually possess factual knowledge. At best one can merely speculate, assume and/or buy into mongered rumors - like everyone else.

Type4_PTS
16th December 2010, 01:40 PM
You all seem to have overlooked something about this quote: whilst Carrie Fisher might very well believe J.T. is gay and hold the above stated opinion about it, there is nothing at all presented to show that she is now or ever was in a position to know for a true fact that J.T. actually is or is not.

One cannot "out" someone when they don't actually possess factual knowledge. At best one can merely speculate, assume and/or buy into mongered rumors - like everyone else.

It was stated by various media that Carrie Fisher has been a long time close friend of JT.

IF that is true I would say that she is in a pretty good position to know.

I would agree with you though that one cannot accept this as a true fact based upon what has been presented.

Even if she was in a position to know, I do have a problem with her making these statements to the media, unless she actually has permission from JT to do so. (and that is something we'll probably learn in time, whether or not she had permission)

Personally I feel from everything I know that JT is a genuinely good guy and I could really care less about his sexuality. Sometimes I've wondered though if the CoS would use this type of thing to blackmail him (and yes, this IS speculation) and pressure him into not leaving their cult.

uniquemand
16th December 2010, 04:10 PM
I stopped liking Carrie Fisher when she lost her figure.

Type4_PTS
16th December 2010, 05:08 PM
I stopped liking Carrie Fisher when she lost her figure.

I googled "Carrie Fisher" hoping to find a decent picture of her and came accross a video from some TV show where they were discussing the outing of JT, so I'm going to put that here. I did like her alot in Star Wars though! :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKd_CbYK9E0&feature=player_embedded

Type4_PTS
16th December 2010, 05:11 PM

It's only up to 103 articles as of this moment, but it did become the subject of at least one nationally televised tv show (above)

FinallyMe
16th December 2010, 05:29 PM
Really interesting that Behar et al. mentioned that Scientology would "get" Carrie, and wondered whether they were even supposed to say the word, Scientology.

Wisened One
16th December 2010, 06:22 PM
:overanalyser:

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors

Carrie Fisher stated:

Wow! I mean, my feeling (stating her opinion) about John has always been that we know and we dont care. (doesn't say 'WHAT' she 'knows' exactly. She could be referring to: we 'know' of him not liking to be referred to as gay/bi..and/or we 'know' that he's NOT gay but that he fights it legally all the time..'

Of course it's IMPLIED she is referring to him being gay as opposed to NOT being gay...(but it's still a very open interpretation, imo)

Look, Im sorry that hes uncomfortable with it, (she could still mean simply the 'attention of if he IS or NOT' ) and thats all I can say.

It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss.

(this is a simple statement about the ATTENTION drawn to it, nothing more)

Just leave it be. (Telling JT to leave all the legal fuss be and/or telling the readers to leave the issue be as to whether he is or not)

So: Imo, Carrie has NOT 'outed' John. Yes, she's definitely implying it or at least phrasing it all in such a way to let that opionion of him be seized upon.

But imo, she has NOT stated he is gay or bi or anything.

That all being dissected: I bet JT's team (and Co$) is sayin:

'Carrie: You are SO SUED! We are SO gonna SUE YOU!!' :p

And it STILL makes Carrie the slimeball.

degraded being
17th December 2010, 03:54 AM
JT is a cultie.

There. I have just outed him.

Mystic
17th December 2010, 05:02 AM

Some people are much more free than this limiting box.

Mystic
17th December 2010, 05:04 AM
And if Carrie is going to out John, then I'll out Carrie.

In the Star Wars flicks Carrie wore NO BRA.

As George Lucas dictated: "There is no underwear in space."

The Great Zorg
17th December 2010, 05:18 AM
Maybe it was the fact that JT did not get excited upon seeing CF chained up by Jabba The Hut in her hot costume.:confused2:

Hmmmm, my memory image is a little fuzzy; maybe I can...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=1274

http://www.forum.exscn.net/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=1273

http://www.forum.exscn.net/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=1275

Panda Termint
17th December 2010, 06:25 AM
It always kind of surprises me when people talk about being gay as if it's an abnormal or unusual thing. In my opinion, it's a perfectly normal and usual thing and always has been if history is anything to go by.

SchwimmelPuckel
17th December 2010, 10:44 AM
Princess Leia Bikini Contest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhDwi1rTBd4)

Well, I'll be... I think I'll join the Jedi cult!
:p
Only thing missing is John Travolta in a gold slave girl bikini..
He did Hairspay after all..
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/05/04/John-Travolta-drag.jpg
Hmm.. That was a thought.. A thought that made me decide
to not join the Jedi cult anyway.
:nervous:

Stat
17th December 2010, 10:57 AM
The clues.

Hatshepsut
17th December 2010, 11:01 AM
Fun vid Schwimmy. :thumbsup:

Stat
17th December 2010, 11:15 AM
I don't care if JT is gay. I just don't get hypocrisy in any way. Peace.

gerry
17th December 2010, 11:40 AM

Its kind of sad when we see people from someone else's point of view.

SchwimmelPuckel
17th December 2010, 11:47 AM
Well, I got the impression that JT was gay when I first saw him in 'Grease' - I liked that movie a lot btw..

So what if he's gay? - Or bisexual.. He's ok anyway.. Damn good actor I think.. And also abysmally stupid for being a Scientology shillebrity.

Stat
17th December 2010, 11:53 AM
Well, I got the impression that JT was gay when I first saw him in 'Grease' - I liked that movie a lot btw..

So what if he's gay? - Or bisexual.. He's ok anyway.. Damn good actor I think.. And also abysmally stupid for being a Scientology shillebrity.

So true.

gerry
17th December 2010, 11:55 AM
Ask not what Scientology (http://www.lermanet.com/thomas-sorensen/thomas-sorenson.htm) can do for you, ask what the F#*CK is going on!

Now thats pretty cool

MichelleAsWell
17th December 2010, 08:00 PM
It's pretty shitty to out someone who doesn't want to be outed...

On the other hand, she didn't come out and actually SAY anything. She made a pretty ambiguous statement that can be interpreted many ways.

Nobody cares if JT is gay, but they might care if a "church" is blackmailing him with the content of his confessions. Not to mention threat of disconnection from his family.

CF said just enough to get things started...I hope it snowballs into his freedom.

Re: the kiss picture--that guy was supposed to be Jett's live in "nanny"....poor Kirk Douglas had to get molested in an effort to make that look normal....

clamicide
18th December 2010, 03:04 AM
OK. I think outing is bullshit. Person has a right to their privacy. I also think the fact that it has to be something that needs to be hidden; that needs to be 'outed' is bullshit. I have a gay son, and the fact that sexuality is something that has to be announced just pisses me off in many ways. I long for a day where people don't have to "come out", because it isn't an issue. I was fucked up in my beliefs in this area due to my involvement in the cult. Basically, I guess, I am actually am omnisexual...I just never saw gender as a defining thing of how I was attracted to a person, which made me buy into the cult think that you could "do the right thing" and be straight. (ooooh....I guess I just 'came out')

Honestly, what makes me twitch is that the cult is so desperate for new meat that if this does come out as true, they will use it to show that they DO accept homosexuals. Or, they will go the right-wing way and show how they actually cured JT. I'm sure they will do a fucking survey to work out their best approach. The whole thing makes me sick. I saw so much hate in the cult about this that disgusted me before I knew my son was gay. I knew too many folks with "alternative" sexual views who just kind of rocked.

degraded being
18th December 2010, 03:40 AM
I AM GOING TO *OUT* SOMEONE.

THE POPE IS A CATHOLIC.

pittny12
18th December 2010, 04:58 AM
Just wait till Justin Bieber comes out. Global cataclysm to follow....

TRUE, very true!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Doom
19th December 2010, 04:33 AM
The only ones who care if he is gay or not are the bigots in the CofS, oh the irony.:duh:

Smurf
19th December 2010, 05:21 AM
It's pretty shitty to out someone who doesn't want to be outed...

On the other hand, she didn't come out and actually SAY anything. She made a pretty ambiguous statement that can be interpreted many ways.

Uhhh..no.

In the September 2009 issue of Out, you participated in its monthly Can I Be Blunt? column by sharing 10 things that gay men should know about straight women. One of those things was, We dont really care that John Travolta is gay. I know you and Travolta go way back, so lets get really blunt here: Does his legal team have any business demanding Gawker remove a recent post suggesting that hes given blow jobs?

"Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we dont care. Look, Im sorry that hes uncomfortable with it, and thats all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be."

http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Television/Fisher_Priceless/