PDA

View Full Version : article/comments re: Carrie Fisher/JT

MichelleAsWell
22nd December 2010, 05:09 PM
in the following article:

http://www.movieline.com/2010/12/carrie-fisher-outed-john-travolta-good.php?utm_campaign=outbrain&utm_campaign=ml_rsssynd&cmpid=outbraind_ml_rsssynd

this comment is posted:
FROM STRAWBERRY PAIN | REPLY
POSTED 12 DEC 2010, 7:23 PM
I have absolutely no evidence of this, but it seems to me that Travolta isn't a Cruise--someone who screams Scientology from the rooftops or imposes its systems on his film sets. He's pretty quiet about it, particularly in recent years. I wonder, with no evidence to back it up, if perhaps Travolta's continued involvement in Scientology is because of threats and blackmail from its higher-ups, who no doubt have a huge cache of private information on Travolta from the decades of auditing. Maybe, just maybe, Travolta would love to come out and get out (of Scientology), but he's trapped. I mean, it's not like he's particularly careful about his involvements it or even particularly protective of the fact.

Maybe Carrie Fisher's way of "outing" him was actually more of a way to release that Scientology pressure valve: if the information is out there from someone other than John, Scientology has less of a stranglehold on his life. He seems like a really genuine, nice, sensitive fellow, universally liked. As such, I can only hope that this was a favor.

I find this an interesting take on the situation....

GreyWolf
22nd December 2010, 05:32 PM
Could be JT is leaking the info himself?

MichelleAsWell
22nd December 2010, 06:05 PM
I don't think JT is leaking the information--i just think Carrie Fisher might be trying to get him "out" w/out him having to do it b/c she's well aware of the COS situation....

I think it's more interesting that a commenter would actually post this idea...it means that the idea of COS as blackmailer is becoming more talked about...