PDA

View Full Version : TOMKAT in Tiff with Academy Award Member

Tigger
11th January 2011, 09:20 PM
Maybe this should really be posted in HUMOR

Cruise-Holmes Coalition To Skip Oscars Over Beef With Anne Hathaway | The New York Observer

[quote]
Religious extremists Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may not be gracing the Kodak Theater's red carpet come Oscar night.

And it's not the lack of nominations keeping them away (that's always the case!) Rather, it seems like the First Couple of Scientology are entangled in a bit of a tiff with the non-Franco half of the Academy Awards hosting team, Anne Hathaway. A tipster informed The Daily Mail that the dynamic duo have beef with Hathaway over her hair-tucking breathy-voiced mocking of Mrs. Cruise on Saturday Night Live...................

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.observer.com/2011/culture/cruise-holmes-coalition-skip-oscars-over-beef-anne-hathaway-watch

AnonyMary
11th January 2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe this should really be posted in HUMOR

Cruise-Holmes Coalition To Skip Oscars Over Beef With Anne Hathaway | The New York Observer

[quote]
Religious extremists Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may not be gracing the Kodak Theater's red carpet come Oscar night.

And it's not the lack of nominations keeping them away (that's always the case!) Rather, it seems like the First Couple of Scientology are entangled in a bit of a tiff with the non-Franco half of the Academy Awards hosting team, Anne Hathaway. A tipster informed The Daily Mail that the dynamic duo have beef with Hathaway over her hair-tucking breathy-voiced mocking of Mrs. Cruise on Saturday Night Live...................

Read the whole thing here:

http://www.observer.com/2011/culture/cruise-holmes-coalition-skip-oscars-over-beef-anne-hathaway-watch

Well, I can see why, lol! Anne Hathaway had me rolling on the floor when I saw the SNL skit :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMYxVQlpGU

Voltaire's Child
12th January 2011, 04:05 AM
Hey, if someone mocked me publicly, I would not be likely to want to kiss up to 'em.

In this case, I would say good for TomKat but unfortunately, it will backfire on them. But they ARE right on this one.

Auditor's Toad
12th January 2011, 04:29 AM
Hey, if someone mocked me publicly, I would not be likely to want to kiss up to 'em.

In this case, I would say good for TomKat but unfortunately, it will backfire on them. But they ARE right on this one.

Right, but maybe dead right.

He can have poker night with DM instead :)

scooter
12th January 2011, 04:51 AM
It says to me the the Cruises have been "Fair Gamed" by Hollywood in general for their membership of an odious, brainwashing UFO cult that is universally despised.

I doubt it's going to stop unless the Cruises pull the plug on the cult.

Auditor's Toad
12th January 2011, 05:01 AM
TC has allowed scn to shit in his mess kit.

Back the time he figures that out he won't even be able to get a commercial for a pooper scooper.

He ain't room temperature bright. ( No wonder DM loves him, eh?)

Smilla
12th January 2011, 05:07 AM
I found the 'thetan-laden' bit pretty funny.

Sindy
12th January 2011, 05:13 AM

It will backfire as they can do no right but, I agree with you. :thumbsup:

Auditor's Toad
12th January 2011, 05:15 AM
Di I see a TC to DM wedding in our near future?

Smilla
12th January 2011, 05:19 AM
Di I see a TC to DM wedding in our near future?
I heard that they've already exchanged some Body Thetans.

Kutta
12th January 2011, 09:07 AM
Was that funny????? Well, spare me, I thought it was pathetic.

And Tomkat would be better to laugh it off (if its possible to laugh at such so-called comedy) instead of drawing attention to it.

fortymarriedandbalding
12th January 2011, 09:27 AM
TC has allowed scn to shiy in his mess kit.

Back the time he figures that out he won't even be able to get a commercial for a pooper scooper.

He ain't room temperature bright. ( No wonder DM loves him, eh?)

TC would be great for a pooper scooper ad. DM could be the master, TC would have his lead and studded collar on, and be running along on all fours beside DM, panting and sniffing as dogs do.

I can see that working.

Infinite
12th January 2011, 09:48 AM
TomKat = Scientology = Humour.

Brilliant.

Lurker5
12th January 2011, 07:10 PM

I was thinking on this myself - what if one of my so called friends did this to me - and it went public and/or viral (in my small world). I'd be pretty damn pissed.

Would I make THAT - my anger and hurt - public? Would I refuse to go to a party because that person was invited, or the main attraction even?

Probably not, but I would not consider that person a friend anymore. Would I talk about that person - at the party? Ha Ha, maybe, with my real best friend - MAYBE ! I would tell someone I trusted how hurt I was, and angry.
Have to let that out, somehow, but make a spectacle of myself, the other person???? I hope not. That is private. I am not the one with a problem. I was victimized by someone who pretended to be my friend . . . Rise above that, not sink to same level . . .

I hope that is what I would be able to do . . .

But I am only human.

But I hope to God I would not behave like a 'real housewives' of any fucking place . . .

But I have to say, the skit was funny - and I laughed, but I was a bit bothered by it too.

Arthur Dent
12th January 2011, 07:33 PM
If I were Katie, I'd be more offended about the mimicking of my mannerisms than of comments about scientology. But then, even when in, I thought scientology was fodder for humor, even though I "believed."

But anything goes on SNL and that's why it's still here! I have faith it will be here longer than scientology.

TomKat would do well to show the tough Hollywood skin and realize that, just because they are in a cult, they are not immune to being roasted like the rest of them. Perhaps the church would like to make another entry in the ethics book of suppressive acts to include making fun of TomKat.

Word to TomKat: Deal with the humor with grace. When the church caved in Issac Hayes to scourge South Park he was dead within a year. You're fighting the wrong fight. Just sayin'...

Auditor's Toad
12th January 2011, 07:40 PM
If I were Katie, I'd be more offended about the mimicking of my mannerisms than of comments about scientology. But then, even when in, I thought scientology was fodder for humor, even though I "believed."

But anything goes on SNL and that's why it's still here! I have faith it will be here longer than scientology.

TomKat would do well to show the tough Hollywood skin and realize that, just because they are in a cult, they are not immune to being roasted like the rest of them. Perhaps the church would like to make another entry in the ethics book of suppressive acts to include making fun of TomKat.

Word to TomKat: Deal with the humor with grace. When the church caved in Issac Hayes to scourge South Park he was dead within a year. You're fighting the wrong fight. Just sayin'...

Comply or be crushed? What cult?

Voltaire's Child
12th January 2011, 08:48 PM
Nobody likes being singled out and publicly mocked, no matter WHAT the topic is.

Thought Hathaway was classy. Guess I was wrong.

Lurker5
12th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Nobody likes being singled out and publicly mocked, no matter WHAT the topic is.

Naw, Hathaway has class, tons of it - she was good, did a great job. I question the taste of it - as Hathaway was supposedly a friend of Katie's.
It's not quite the same as Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin (who had the grace to laugh at it).

Tigger
12th January 2011, 11:25 PM

EVERYBODY gets roasted on Saturday Night Live. Anyone else had such a hissy fit?

If Cruise weren't such a thin-skinned control freak and stopped thinking he's Xenu's gift to the Universe, he'd just laugh it off, grow up and quit having a tantrum about it.

Gad, can you imagine being married to him?

Tigger

Voltaire's Child
13th January 2011, 12:03 AM
Yah, Tigger, you make some good points. Nice to see ya here again, too! :happydance:

I cannot imagine being married to TC. As you may have seen me say, I do have a good friend who knew a (NON Scn) nanny in the Cruise/Kidman household and who said TC was a total sweetie. This was years ago. Plus, being his wife would be different, anyway.

I like to think that sweet guy my friend's friend knew is still there somewhere.

Smilla
13th January 2011, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty hopeful that he'll come to the point of walking away from the cult eventually. He did it before but came back, as we know. Next time it will be for good, I hope.

fortymarriedandbalding
13th January 2011, 08:19 PM
I guess Tom wont be doing anything with Eric Bana either - from back in 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySDkIwWHk74

uniquemand
13th January 2011, 08:28 PM
Academy awards aren't about who you love and hate. They're about respecting each other's craft. When ego gets in the way of that, well, you suck.

Tom, you suck.

AnonLover
13th January 2011, 08:36 PM
I dont buy it - your not a superstar celebrity unless your roasted in the mainstream. Katie getting her fair share on SNL is a sign of progress in her career, and Hathway's skit was totally tame all things considered.

I think its just a handling tactic - i think tom and katie are in the midst of negotiating their legal separation and/or terms of divorce. They know damn well they wont be together (atleast publicly) by the time the awards roll around and so now their staging their excuse for TC to show up alone, or for both to stay home without raising eyebrows.

Smilla
13th January 2011, 09:43 PM
I dont buy it - your not a superstar celebrity unless your roasted in the mainstream. Katie getting her fair share on SNL is a sign of progress in her career, and Hathway's skit was totally tame all things considered.

I think its just a handling tactic - i think tom and katie are in the midst of negotiating their legal separation and/or terms of divorce. They know damn well they wont be together (atleast publicly) by the time the awards roll around and so now their staging their excuse for TC to show up alone, or for both to stay home without raising eyebrows.

You might well be right. It wouldn't surprise me.

HelluvaHoax!
13th January 2011, 09:57 PM
You might well be right. It wouldn't surprise me.

The delay in making their divorce announcement is due to the marketing geniuses at Int working out how to present it as a huge OT win to Scientologists.

As freaking stupid and ludicrous as this lame joke is, it is probably and impossibly close the the truth.

A.K. Myers
16th January 2011, 01:06 AM
Imagine Tom Cruise getting roasted on Comedy Central by
that horrible collection of hack comics.

thetanic
16th January 2011, 06:12 AM

This.

Or they're just so used to being children they've forgotten how to be adult actors in public.