PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Kidman

shanic89
22nd March 2011, 12:58 AM
Nicole Kidman has been to hell and back after a high-profile divorce to one of Hollywood’s biggest actors... 23rd march 60 minutes TV3 New Zeland.

Do not know if any has seen this yet, but there it is if youre keen.

AnonyMary
22nd March 2011, 03:51 AM
Nicole Kidman has been to hell and back after a high-profile divorce to one of Hollywood’s biggest actors... 23rd march 60 minutes TV3 New Zeland.

Do not know if any has seen this yet, but there it is if youre keen.

Thanks.. She's been through hell because she did not want to be a scientologist. I hope some is able to get it up on YouTube.

haiqu
22nd March 2011, 03:56 AM
Must have been a slow news day in kiwiland. That story is as dead as an Auk.

shanic89
22nd March 2011, 07:06 AM
Must have been a slow news day in kiwiland. That story is as dead as an Auk.

DOH, was wondering if it had aired in Aus already.

Hatshepsut
22nd March 2011, 07:14 AM
Yeah. She was married to this guy. :nervous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXTrodgu-4

Kerry
28th March 2011, 06:41 PM
Here it is:

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Mar-23---Nicole-Kidman/tabid/1343/articleID/69514/Default.aspx (click on "Watch the story now.")

Sorry Ems, I don't know how to embed.

The link takes up to the Oz 60 minutes. :confused2:

I have always liked her.

FoTi
29th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Here it is:

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Mar-23---Nicole-Kidman/tabid/1343/articleID/69514/Default.aspx (click on "Watch the story now.")

Sorry Ems, I don't know how to embed.

The link takes up to the Oz 60 minutes. :confused2:

I have always liked her.

She is very sweet. Boy, did I hate TC when he dumped her. I thought he was an ass.

Bank Account Cleared
29th March 2011, 03:04 AM
http://www.rorax.com/x/23989

The mannequin she's making out with is her ex.

FoTi
29th March 2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.rorax.com/x/23989

The mannequin she's making out with is her ex.

She's really beautiful.

What are the black and white pictures from? Who is that with her there?

Kerry
29th March 2011, 09:18 AM
She's really beautiful.

Those pictures are from the movie Nicole and Cruise made together in '99 (?) Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut," and most of the pics, both black and white and in color, are with TC. I think there may be at least one other guy in the film she's intimate with, but I didn't see it -- couldn't stand the whole idea of the film. I remember thinking what a sick perv Kubrick was to want to make that movie. He died before it was entirely finished iirc, but yuk. He was obsessed with them as a couple, and took over 2 years to make that film with them. It's not the nudity or fake sex that bothers me, it's his GAZE on them, bleh! Their marriage ended shortly after this film was finished. And yeah, Cruise looks like a mannequin, and she just looks awkward.

I thought/think he's a total assh*le, too, but am glad that she's no longer with him. Or anywhere near the cult of Scientology.

FoTi
30th March 2011, 02:03 AM
She's really beautiful.

Those pictures are from the movie Nicole and Cruise made together in '99 (?) Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut," and most of the pics, both black and white and in color, are with TC. I think there may be at least one other guy in the film she's intimate with, but I didn't see it -- couldn't stand the whole idea of the film. I remember thinking what a sick perv Kubrick was to want to make that movie. He died before it was entirely finished iirc, but yuk. He was obsessed with them as a couple, and took over 2 years to make that film with them. It's not the nudity or fake sex that bothers me, it's his GAZE on them, bleh! Their marriage ended shortly after this film was finished. And yeah, Cruise looks like a mannequin, and she just looks awkward.

I thought/think he's a total assh*le, too, but am glad that she's no longer with him. Or anywhere near the cult of Scientology.

I asked my question because I saw Eyes Wide Shut recently and I don't remember any guy with a uniform on and bars on his shoulder. And I don't recall any of those pictures in the film. So, I thought maybe the black and white pictures were from some other film or some other shoot. Maybe I just missed part of the film.

I feel kind of sorry for Nicole, the way that they used her in the film. I don't care how much money she was paid, I don't see how she could have been comfortable with that. I also heard that she did some role on Broadway after that and she was nude onstage. She is so beautiful and such a big name anyway, that she didn't need to do those roles for her career. Makes me wonder why she did that? I'm also surprised that TC, being married to her, agreed to go along with it. I don't know any husbands who want their wife to be parading around nude and also having sex on stage or in a film for the whole world to watch. And the scene showing Nicole on the toilet and wiping herself. There was no reason for that to be in the film. It had nothing to do with the story. All the guys involved in making this film probably got their kicks, at the expense of Nicole and TC. It looked like the director was a sick pervert. The whole movie is about one big perverted, supressive sex cult.....and that's all it's about. I saw no point to the movie other than that. It didn't seem to make a statement about anything as far as I could tell. It was kinky and depressing.

Kerry....I like your avatar..it's cute.

Smilla
30th March 2011, 02:57 AM
She should knock off the Botox - she starting to look weird.

Sassy
30th March 2011, 08:54 AM
My husband and I love going to the movies & we actually walked out of Eyes Wide Shut, it was just a twisted & bizarre movie. Stanley Kubrick aside, a whacked out film.
If I remember, the guy in the uniform/black & white shots was someone (in the film) Nicole's character was fantasizing about & her husband couldn't deal with it. Not sure....anyway.

I've always loved NK too and I was very very happy to hear her talking about her older children. It's so odd that they don't live with her. That usually happens when the mother has severe issues, meaning the court gives custody to the father. Hopefully TC doesn't keep them from NK and they got to listen to her interview. Maybe they see Mom as their golden parachute should they need her. :confused2:

I enjoyed the interview, thanks for posting.

Auditor's Toad
30th March 2011, 09:03 AM
She walked away from the cult - what is not to like about that ?

Kookaburra
30th March 2011, 01:51 PM
I asked my question because I saw Eyes Wide Shut recently and I don't remember any guy with a uniform on and bars on his shoulder. And I don't recall any of those pictures in the film. So, I thought maybe the black and white pictures were from some other film or some other shoot. Maybe I just missed part of the film.

I feel kind of sorry for Nicole, the way that they used her in the film. I don't care how much money she was paid, I don't see how she could have been comfortable with that. I also heard that she did some role on Broadway after that and she was nude onstage. She is so beautiful and such a big name anyway, that she didn't need to do those roles for her career. Makes me wonder why she did that? I'm also surprised that TC, being married to her, agreed to go along with it. I don't know any husbands who want their wife to be parading around nude and also having sex on stage or in a film for the whole world to watch. And the scene showing Nicole on the toilet and wiping herself. There was no reason for that to be in the film. It had nothing to do with the story. All the guys involved in making this film probably got their kicks, at the expense of Nicole and TC. It looked like the director was a sick pervert. The whole movie is about one big perverted, supressive sex cult.....and that's all it's about. I saw no point to the movie other than that. It didn't seem to make a statement about anything as far as I could tell. It was kinky and depressing.

Kerry....I like your avatar..it's cute.

Yes, Eyes Wide Shut was a whacked out film. It was almost as sick as Clockwork Orange. I think it took a toll on their marriage as well. I read somewhere that Tom was insanely jealous about that scene where she is making out with the other guy. Kubricks whole thing with this movie was to examine the strain that extramarital sex has on a relationship and he wanted an actual IRL married couple to star in it. He sure created that strain.

Royal Prince Xenu
30th March 2011, 05:07 PM
Yes, Eyes Wide Shut was a whacked out film. It was almost as sick as Clockwork Orange. I think it took a toll on their marriage as well. I read somewhere that Tom was insanely jealous about that scene where she is making out with the other guy. Kubricks whole thing with this movie was to examine the strain that extramarital sex has on a relationship and he wanted an actual IRL married couple to star in it. He sure created that strain.

A Clockwork Orange was way ahead of its time, but when you look around you now, it was a fairly accurate prediction of what society has become.

Eyes Wide Shut held absolutely no interest for me because I don't like NK, and I defnitely DISlike TC.

I'm not going to waste word dumping on Nicole, she just doesn't appeal to me on any level. I do think she was very badly treated by TC----that marriage was nothing more than a business venture. I'm sure they're already grooming a replacement for Katie Holmes.

Kerry
30th March 2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks re the avatar, FoTi. :) I felt I needed a change.

I came accidentally upon this while looking for something else. I still hope to find the 'something else' but in the meantime, see what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8304309791401202841#

I shouldn't say more just now, but will only say that in the interview you can see how he was before he fell completely under Miscavige's thumb, when he didn't think he knew everything. I can't imagine him ever speaking in coherent sentences like this again, sadly. Not that he was ever profoundly intellectual, he wasn't; but he could string some ideas together. I hate that he idoloized Kubrick - I wished several times early in this interview he'd punched Stanley out! LOL! (Of course this is not to take away from Kubrick's great films.)

But right up to this interview I believe there was nothing wrong with Tom and Nicole's marriage (from his point of view). In the last third of the interview (at 18:20 to around the end) he refers to her as ... - well listen for yourself (you'll be glad you did :wink2:), and see if you think what I think (that it was indisputable that he loved Nicole dearly then ...) So what do folks think really happened to that? (He refers to her throughout the interview but the interview's subject is the film and TC's talking about it. The very beginning comments about their marriage are interesting, too!)

Sad, sad, sad.

Then again if I'm going to talk about it this much I should probably not be one of those who hasn't seen it - to be fair. By the way, the naval uniform comes up in a discussion of the film (just google E.W.S.) and it made me think of the Sea Org which I'm sure had nothing to do with it unless Tom... suggested it to Kubrick ... well enuf!