PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine's widow can now pay for more Flag services

change
18th August 2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20094103-10391698.html

Anne Eckleberry Berman Carradine has just won a settlement regarding David Carradine's very strange death in Thailand a few years ago. Talk about someone
else being "responsible for condition." Twice widowed Anne has been showing up at Flag for years trying to get onto OT7.

Lohan2008
18th August 2011, 10:27 PM
Flight of the Valkyries Music as the Vulture Ministers decend...

David Carradine, 1936-2009
The 72-year-old star of the "Kung Fu" television series and films like "Kill Bill" was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room in June 2009 while working on a film called "Stretch." Died of Erotic asphyxiation. :bigcry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine#Death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7XNb3Q9Ek

jenni with an eye
19th August 2011, 01:55 AM
Sad for David and his family

:rose:

guanoloco
19th August 2011, 02:36 AM
Carradine was one of my Hollywood heroes!

What a way to go...hanging naked in a closet, beatin' off...

"Although your world wonders me, with your majestic and superior cackling hen...Your people I do not understand, so to you I shall put an end. And you'll never hear surf music again..."

Purple Rain
19th August 2011, 02:40 AM
I loved Kung Fu growing up. I used to especially like the scenes where Kwai Chang was a little boy with the master calling him 'Grasshopper' and so forth and saying all that deep wise stuff about life. Kwai Chang and the Shaolin Monastery made religion seem cool. I was frankly jealous. Not to mention running round like Batman putting the world to rights, fighting for truth and justice and, I don't know, The Way.

Anyhow, I'm terribly sorry that David Carradine is dead. It is an embarrassing way to go. Erotic and asphyxiation don't belong in the same sentence together let alone the same term. What is with these celebrity people?

I would rather think about how happy I was sitting there watching his show as a kid, and how those moments would never have happened if he wasn't in the world to help create them - not the same way anyway.

It does make you wonder about what's out there if anything. My Anon says there's nothing. It's all over when your brain shuts down. He says there is not a body soul dichotomy or whatever. The whole idea of death makes me so sad and afraid. It is really the saddest thing.

Jachs
19th August 2011, 02:44 AM
David Carradine was one of my heroes too, what a dude.

Mrs Carradine likes punishment also

going to Flag , that is Sadism.

Vultures will pick at her bank account till nothing remains.

freethinker
19th August 2011, 03:05 AM
The Kung-Fu show was actually a concept of Bruce Lee's. He was supposed to play the part of Kwai Chang Caine but the producers didn't think that people would identify with a real Chinese man and gave the part to Carradine.

Could you imagine the show with Bruce Lee? I liked Carradine in that show but the martial arts would have been unbelievable had Bruce Lee played the part.:yes:

I loved Kung Fu growing up. I used to especially like the scenes where Kwai Chang was a little boy with the master calling him 'Grasshopper' and so forth and saying all that deep wise stuff about life. Kwai Chang and the Shaolin Monastery made religion seem cool. I was frankly jealous. Not to mention running round like Batman putting the world to rights, fighting for truth and justice and, I don't know, The Way.

Anyhow, I'm terribly sorry that David Carradine is dead. It is an embarrassing way to go. Erotic and asphyxiation don't belong in the same sentence together let alone the same term. What is with these celebrity people?

I would rather think about how happy I was sitting there watching his show as a kid, and how those moments would never have happened if he wasn't in the world to help create them - not the same way anyway.

It does make you wonder about what's out there if anything. My Anon says there's nothing. It's all over when your brain shuts down. He says there is not a body soul dichotomy or whatever. The whole idea of death makes me so sad and afraid. It is really the saddest thing.

Purple Rain
19th August 2011, 03:17 AM
The Kung-Fu show was actually a concept of Bruce Lee's. He was supposed to play the part of Kwai Chang Caine but the producers didn't think that people would identify with a real Chinese man and gave the part to Carradine.

Could you imagine the show with Bruce Lee? I liked Carradine in that show but the martial arts would have been unbelievable had Bruce Lee played the part.:yes:

I don't know. It kind of sucks that Bruce had his idea nicked, but he has hardly missed out on his day in the sun. I just feel like Carradine brought a depth, a kind of pathos to the role, that would have been lacking if it was played by Bruce Lee. But I am not an expert on Bruce Lee or martial arts.

freethinker
19th August 2011, 03:34 AM
Bruce Lee was actually a good philosopher,watch Enter the Dragon sometime.

I wouldn't say that Carradine was bad or anything, I don't think you would be able to compare the two if the shows were made with both actors separately. Their styles are completely different.
I don't know. It kind of sucks that Bruce had his idea nicked, but he has hardly missed out on his day in the sun. I just feel like Carradine brought a depth, a kind of pathos to the role, that would have been lacking if it was played by Bruce Lee. But I am not an expert on Bruce Lee or martial arts.

Purple Rain
19th August 2011, 03:46 AM
Bruce Lee was actually a good philosopher,watch Enter the Dragon sometime.

I wouldn't say that Carradine was bad or anything, I don't think you would be able to compare the two if the shows were made with both actors separately. Their styles are completely different.

Ok, I will try to watch that sometime.

I find with different versions, like say songs, it's usually the one you hear first that you like best, or the one you make the strongest positive associations with.

But if something is just so mindblowingly good in its own right, or it just appeals to something within your own core then that can take precedence in your preferences.

But generally the version I saw first I like best unless advances in technology now make it unbelievable or something like that - something that really dates it. Because you take a film like Gone With The Wind and that's not at all dated to me all these decades later. I still love it - still think it holds its own with today's movies. Then you look at something like Lost in Space, and I still have a soft spot for it, but I can no longer watch it and enjoy it because it just looks like somebody went crazy with a roll of tinfoil and Wizard of Oz facepaint around the set.

So, I guess if Bruce and David had both made versions I'd probably prefer the version I was emotionally attached to all other things being equal.

That's not a very linear point, but there you have it! Hopefully you can more or less get the drift.

jojo
19th August 2011, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if her fsm was right next to her breathing down her neck when she received her settlement. That money will go quickly.

I loved David Carradine in Kung Fu and he also starred in Bound for Glory which won two Oscars and was nominated for Best Picture of 1977. It was also nominated for many Golden Globe Awards including Best Actor in a Motion Picture.

Ho Tai
20th August 2011, 04:21 AM
My Anon says there's nothing. It's all over when your brain shuts down. He says there is not a body soul dichotomy or whatever.
PR, would you please explain this quote? Is My Anon your spiritual advisor? Is that a name or is the 'My' a possessive adjective? Thanks in advance.

Panda Termint
20th August 2011, 04:24 AM
Her Anon is her partner. He's anonymous.

The Anabaptist Jacques
20th August 2011, 04:28 AM
I liked the movie where David Carradine fought Chuck Norris.

I like to think of it as "Ham to Ham combat."

Serioously though, I did like David Carradine.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Sassy
20th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Someone posted this on a blog I read, shortly after Carradine's death. I felt so guilty laughing out loud at the time, but now it's really funny:

"Masturbation is not a GD game of Clue, there is no reason to head to the broom closet with a rope and a lead pipe. --michelleb

:clap: