PDA

View Full Version : TC & KH not at CCI

Lohan2008
5th September 2011, 12:01 PM
New Idea (Australia)
September 5, 2011

Tom & Katie’s shock Scientology split:
It was the highlight of the Scientology social calendar – a chic soiree to mark the 42nd anniversary of the group’s Celebrity Centre International in Hollywood. The Church’s A-list – John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Priscilla Presley, Juliette Lewis and Jenna Elfman – came out in force, happily parading their beliefs on the red carpet. Yet two of the controversial religion’s leading lights, Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes, were nowhere to be seen at the event. Now insiders are speculating that Tom and Katie have quietly defected from the controversial religion.

http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/110905/37issuecover_17681qi-17681qk.jpg

Panda Termint
5th September 2011, 02:20 PM
... with the accent on "speculating". :biggrin:

dianaclass8
5th September 2011, 02:59 PM
After what the Church did to Paul Haggis, their celebrities are probably terrified.

Smilla
5th September 2011, 03:09 PM
After what the Church did to Paul Haggis, their celebrities are probably terrified.

I think sooner or later TC and KH will want to get out. That would be a disaster beyond all measurement on the Richter scale, and would directly impact on Miscavige's credibility within the Cult. Miscavige would do anything to prevent it.

Lulu Belle
5th September 2011, 04:32 PM
Has Cruise ever come to a Celebrity Centre event? When I was in, the really high profile celebs never showed up for these things.

FoTi
5th September 2011, 04:37 PM
I hope it's more than speculating.

I hope they finally woke up.

WildKat
5th September 2011, 04:57 PM
Has Cruise ever come to a Celebrity Centre event? When I was in, the really high profile celebs never showed up for these things.

The official response will probably be they were busy making a movie, no big deal. This is really a non-event. Press has been speculating for years, but that's all it is.
Still.... we can hope!

Thrak
5th September 2011, 05:20 PM
That seems like one of the most speculative pieces I've ever seen on TC. Why bother posting that?

Bill
5th September 2011, 05:51 PM
The CCI event isn't major, really. Now, if Scientology's Hood Ornament* didn't show up for the IAS event, that would be news.

*Highly visible, pretty, but of no functional use.

Type4_PTS
5th September 2011, 06:16 PM
Lohan, does this "article" present any evidence that TC has left the cult.....other than his absence from this particular event?

Even by tabloid standards that's pretty pathetic.

Freeminds
5th September 2011, 06:24 PM
Cruise quietly left Scientology once before, and was out "for almost ten years during the nineties" according to the Marc Headley interview. (Allegation repeated here (http://www.hollywoodoffender.com/my_weblog/2008/04/tom-cruise-begs.html?cid=125926142).)

He's actually been very quiet about the whole pseudoreligion thing since he became the chew-toy of Anonymous back in 2008. Tom's previous record suggests that he leaves Scientology not with a big fanfare, but quietly (and without sorrow).

I think he's trying to find a way to save face, and not make a fuss, but rehabilitate himself and his acting career in particular. His management aren't clams, and they aren't stupid. The path of least resistance is to quietly cease to be associated with the Scientology cult. That way he has the implicit power to say damning things about the cult later, if they start doing anything creepy with the contents of his folders.

I hope it's true, he's free, and the whole family can be happy.

koki
5th September 2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe they even paid to put that out on front page-so later they can say that magazines usually put lies in.....and it means for cult,that New Yorker magazine is also a lie.......:coolwink:
never trust $cientologyst-even if he brings gift....:eyeroll:
Big hello from LRHs Bulgravia.

Captain Koolaid
5th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Mr. Mapother IV has learned to stably go exterior. Of course he attended, he just left his meat body at home.

Auditor's Toad
5th September 2011, 06:58 PM
I think sooner or later TC and KH will want to get out. That would be a disaster beyond all measurement on the Richter scale, and would directly impact on Miscavige's credibility within the Cult. Miscavige would do anything to prevent it.

Yep. Anything.

Thrak
5th September 2011, 07:44 PM

Based on TC's behavior over the last couple of years including his admission that he's heard the rumors about DM but doesn't believe them, and by pretending to fight tyranny by doing a movie about it -Valkyrie- when in real life he only assists it, I'd say his involvement with scn has REDUCED his IQ 6x. I see him hanging on 'till the bitter end and by the time he does "wake up" and leave it won't matter anymore. He's given every indication that he's the last guy who's gonna to figure all of this out.

Auditor's Toad
5th September 2011, 07:51 PM
Based on TC's behavior over the last couple of years including his admission that he's heard the rumors about DM but doesn't believe them, and by pretending to fight tyranny by doing a movie about it -Valkyrie- when in real life he only assists it, I'd say his involvement with scn has REDUCED his IQ 6x. I see him hanging on 'till the bitter end and by the time he does "wake up" and leave it won't matter anymore. He's given every indication that he's the last guy who's gonna to figure all of this out.

TC has amply demonstrated he is more than minorly gullible.

Looks like he'll do the bidding of DM right to the bitter end.

DM need not even throw any more expensive toys TCs way.

Sindy
5th September 2011, 08:01 PM
Just for fun :giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGmZJu8OnY

Mystic
5th September 2011, 08:04 PM
One of the guarantees for leaving the cult is to do the so-called "Bridge" and then, having done it, finding THERE ARE NO OTs.

This is an inescapable part of doing that idiot "bridge". I sometimes wonder if T. Cruise Mapother IV is even capable of having that level of realization. He may be one of those who is going to have to experience multiple reincarnations before he evolves out of it.

Captain Koolaid
5th September 2011, 08:07 PM
Just for fun :giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGmZJu8OnY

:biggrin:

Planets are yummy.

Lohan2008
5th September 2011, 09:53 PM
That seems like one of the most speculative pieces I've ever seen on TC. Why bother posting that?

because the Paparazzi have to eat as well

Lohan2008
5th September 2011, 09:56 PM
Lohan, does this "article" present any evidence that TC has left the cult.....other than his absence from this particular event?
Even by tabloid standards that's pretty pathetic.

TP: New Idea is your standard housewives gossip magazine, I would not put any stock on story. Making a movie is more likely for either TC/KH...

Smurf
5th September 2011, 11:36 PM
New Idea (Australia)
September 5, 2011

Tom & Katie’s shock Scientology split:
It was the highlight of the Scientology social calendar – a chic soiree to mark the 42nd anniversary of the group’s Celebrity Centre International in Hollywood. The Church’s A-list – John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Priscilla Presley, Juliette Lewis and Jenna Elfman – came out in force, happily parading their beliefs on the red carpet. Yet two of the controversial religion’s leading lights, Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes, were nowhere to be seen at the event. Now insiders are speculating that Tom and Katie have quietly defected from the controversial religion.

Major hooey. The writer made this up to sell a tabloid.

Cruise & Holmes have never attended the galas - seemingly, Cruise believes it is below him to make appearances with B-level stars when he enjoys being DM's BFF and the 2nd most important person in Scientology.

freethinker
5th September 2011, 11:38 PM
One thing is for sure, if he does leave, DM will have a hard time explaining what happened to the most on-source Scientologist he ever met.:biggrin:

degraded being
5th September 2011, 11:40 PM

I don't know about CC specifically, but he sat or stood at the right of COB at some very important events which carefully propoganda managed to ensure that EVERYONE saw that he was at the right hand of COB, and that they were intimate :biggrin: frends, (embraces, heavy glaring into each others' eyes, things they did with their hands, etc). Tom was very very important there. Actually more important than Tiny Tot himself in terms of PR effect. Where is Tom now? does anyone see him at the right hand of CoB these days? Does he even go to birthday parties on Freewinds anymore?. Don't look like it.

Lulu Belle
6th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Cruise & Holmes have never attended the galas - seemingly, Cruise believes it is below him to make appearances with B-level stars when he enjoys being DM's BFF and the 2nd most important person in Scientology.

That's always been my impression, too.

Thrak
6th September 2011, 12:54 AM
Major hooey. The writer made this up to sell a tabloid.

I wouldn't say never. I went to one around '03-'04 and he was there. Most of the usual goons were there as well as a drunk Marilyn Manson.

Voltaire's Child
7th September 2011, 08:31 PM
Right. It could be that they had other commitments.

But still, it would be nice if they left. Somehow, I don't think so.

Auditor's Toad
7th September 2011, 08:42 PM
Right. It could be that they had other commitments.

But still, it would be nice if they left. Somehow, I don't think so.

I think for everyone out there was that time that getting out was never thought of.

Who knows what changes things for each person.

Even when it comes to a "celeb" that doesn't look ever possible that they'll leave...they do.

Not as big as TC, but, Marty? Mike Rinder and a host of other high ranking faux navy people are out.

Not as big as TC but Larry Anderson, Paul Haggis, Jason Beghe and others.
Joan Prather got JT in and he can't even say her name now?

I hold out great hope many more major 'blows' will happen.

Lurker5
8th September 2011, 06:27 PM
I hope so, but I doubt it . . . :confused2:

Auditor's Toad
8th September 2011, 06:30 PM
I hope so, but I doubt it . . . :confused2:

I do not doubt more people will blow - and some of them will be among the 'known' names !

Lurker5
8th September 2011, 06:50 PM
I hope so, Toady :yes:

GoNuclear
8th September 2011, 08:09 PM
TopGun Tommy leaving and then going public in a big way could be the final death blow to the cult, the tipping point that causes a sudden mass exodus. I did a song parody about ol' TopGun that I will repost here, but, there is another one that needs to be written, perhaps somebody else who likes doing parodies will do it ... it should be done as a youtube video, with TC and DM, having a lover's spat, to the tune of that Barbara Striesand number "You Don't Send Me Flowers Anymore."

Pete

Oh Tommy Boy
(to the Tune of Oh Danny Boy)

Oh Tommy boy, the espees are a mockin’ you,
For craziness, you can no longer hide.
Your fans are gone, prospective roles departing,
T’is your career that’s going down like a mudslide.

So loose that Elron muffin of the meadow,
Live down your antics done on Oprah’s show,
And get out from the Dave Miscavige shadow,
Oh Tommy boy, oh Tommy boy, its time to blow.

Should you awake, to find your church is lying,
And be declared, declared to be espee,
You’ll come to find, ‘twas BS you’ve been buying,
And you will say “Ixnay!” to Scientology.

And you’ll explain, how Davey hath betrayed thee,
And how revenge, in court so sweet shall be,
Your fans again, will saith that they love thee,
As you lament your time in Scientology.

As you lament your time in Scientology.

Kutta
8th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah! i can sing along to that. I love Danny Boy. :happydance: