PDA

View Full Version : Stacy Francis = singer on the Tom Cruise birthday video is on "X-Factor" in the US

c-orgy
22nd September 2011, 06:22 AM
That embarrassing Tom Cruise birthday party video features Scientologist singer Stacy Francis - who is now a competitor on the US version of the' X-Factor' which just premiered tonight on Fox.

She really 'wow'ed the crowd, as well as the judges, who moved her on to the next round.

Too bad that if she wins, the $5 mil prize will go to the cult of S.

Looks like her marriage ended, and I cant help but wonder if that is due to the church. I dont think her husband the dentist was all that into Scientology.

Sitting here torn between feeling excited for her, because afterall she is just a victim of a mind control cult, but at the same time hoping that she does not win because of the good PR it will give the cult. It's so tragic.

A ray of hope--maybe she is out!?!? Any data on that?

Smurf
22nd September 2011, 08:28 AM
My sources tells me she still in.. perhaps her financial situation prevents her from moving up the bridge..

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/s/stacy-francis.html

Stacy was married to Darwin Kyle Hayes who owns a dental clinic in North Hollywood.
If she is divorced, it had to be recent because he moved to the LA area from Texas in 2007. He refers to her on this old blog.. the link is defunct.

http://smiledrhayes.blogspot.com/

tp://twitter.com/#!/smiledrdarwin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRQuz_J0CY

" Darwin Hayes (BS ARCH '91) and his wife Stacy welcomed their son on Fri Nov 30 at 11:11pm at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. Donovan Kyle Hayes was 7lbs 10oz 20 inches. The family currently resides in North Hollywood CA." http://hoosonline.virginia.edu/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ikIXLcMPJtE&b=3036799&ct=4763157

Darwin sez he was an architect before becoming a dentist.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/darwin-k.-hayes.html

Reasonable
22nd September 2011, 09:29 AM
Sitting here torn between feeling excited for her, because afterall she is just a victim of a mind control cult, but at the same time hoping that she does not win because of the good PR it will give the cult. It's so tragic.

Any data on that?

Scientologists and Scientology probably gave her confidence. This is the kind of thing Scientology is good for. Self confidence. Especially in the beginning. She has a bunch of Scientologists telling her how great she is. So what? Maybe she needed that? On X-factor she said her husband always told her that she was too old and that she would never make it. So the "church" probably said "He is supressing you" and they were right.

I say give credit where credit is due. They probably did help her in that way. When you think you are an immortal spiritual being with super powers who can bend time and space with your postulates it does give you confidence. And that delusion is probably most helpful for a performer.

It doesn't mean that everything in Scientology is good - But this one thing this time could have helped her. Yes Hubbard wants everyone's money but the actual people she is involved with in Scientology are probably trying to help. Like many of you did when you were on staff.

From what I read she has done some basic courses. If you are a total mess those courses can really help. Most people understand naturally when they are being supressed but some don't. They came from abusive families and they need a manual on how not to be a doormat. For these people the Ups and Downs in life course and thngs like TRs can help. From the way she talked on the show she seems like one of these people.

I say good luck to her and I hope that Scientology does not leave her pennyless and homeless if she wins.....or Fair Gamed if she quits

bpsyd
22nd September 2011, 01:27 PM
Surely the video of her singing at the Cruise birthday wank has got to be on the front page of the celebrity websites in the morning.

If not, I have lost my faith in the depravity of the human condition.

Lurker5
22nd September 2011, 03:05 PM
Surely the video of her singing at the Cruise birthday wank has got to be on the front page of the celebrity websites in the morning.

If not, I have lost my faith in the depravity of the human condition.

:lol:

Oh - and Hi, bpsyd :wave: - and Welcome :welcome2: :biggrin:

bpsyd
22nd September 2011, 08:46 PM
..the human condition never fails to deliver...http://crushable.com/entertainment/did-the-x-factor-intentionally-obscure-stacy-francis-past-success-as-a-singer-393/

Note that the article refers to this thread as its source....

c-orgy
24th September 2011, 07:51 AM
Interestingly, Stacy Francis the Scientologist, credits Oprah Winfrey and God for her success in this interview. No mention of LRH or the cult. When I was 'in' this would have been labeled 'squirrelly'.

The Fri 9/23 episode of "Access Hollywood" did a short story on her where they did say that she was part of an unsuccessful 'girl group' in the 90's and 'sang at Tom Cruise's birthday party.'

There was no mention of her involvement in the cult.

Not really a surprise, considering all they negative press from the Tom Cruise /Today show meltdown.

Seems like all Scientology celebs took note and now publicly do not mention the church or downplay their involvement in the cult.

Ya think there something she does not want found out? (LOL):unsure:

link to Access Hollywood online:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-x-factors-stacy-francis-reveals-oprah-winfrey-susan-boyle-were-inspirations_article_54018

Smilla
24th September 2011, 01:35 PM
She is described a single Mom in the first audition youtube clip.

Type4_PTS
25th September 2011, 12:43 AM

Yes, and the way X-Factor portrayed her was very misleading imo.

After doing a bit of research on her, I found out the show was somewhat misleading in presenting her as a struggling single mother who sings only after her kids go to sleep at night. Stacy Francis has already had quite a bit of success in the music business, getting signed to a major label in the nineties and starring in several Broadway and West End (as in, London’s Broadway) musical theater productions. She has yet to attain mega-fame, it’s true, but she’s hardly in danger of dying, as she said last night, “with this music in me.”

In the early nineties, Francis was part of an R&B group called Ex-Girlfriend that was signed to Reprise Records. They put out two albums before disbanding in 1994; their biggest hit was “X Marks The Spot,” which performed well on both the R&B and Billboard Hot 100 singles charts. Since then, Stacy has worked frequently as a singer and actress, appearing in Broadway, West End, and regional theater productions, as well as various movies and TV shows. She booked her first Broadway show in 1997. As recently as a few years ago, she could be seen performing the Jennifer Hudson role in San Diego Musical Theatre‘s production of Dreamgirls.
http://crushable.com/entertainment/did-the-x-factor-intentionally-obscure-stacy-francis-past-success-as-a-singer-393/

Smurf
25th September 2011, 06:24 AM

Once a contestant on 'X-Factor', 'American Idol' or 'America's Got Talent', or any number of these reality shows out there, signs on the dotted line, they surrender creative control of their bios. Stacy didn't create the bio that was played out on TV.. the producers & writers of the show did..

Notice the sad, haunting music being played with they narrated her bio and her rushing up to the sign-in table pushing a baby carriage with a child under one arm? When she was on stage auditioning, an assistant was off-stage with her kids.. why were the kids brought to the audition in the first place?

Most casting calls strictly prohibit people bringing children to auditions.

It's clear the producers wanted the children there so they could narrate a phony story about a poor, black single mother raising 2 children on her own & that Stacy needs $$ to pay for her son's schooling, despite the fact that she was recently divorced from (or remains married, according to some rumors) to Darwin Hayes, the successful dentist in North Hollywood that shares custody of the 2 children. Televising stories that tug at the emotional heart strings of viewers is what producers wants because it gives them alot of exposure and higher ratings.

Don't believe everything you hear on television. Even the "reality" shows are scripted because ratings are everything when it comes to the success and future viability of the show.

Stacy's bio on X-Factor was not only a total falsehood, but I suspect the X-Factor producers are going to have problems in the future with so much media out there picking up on her having performed at Tom Cruise's birthday on the Freewinds and that she's a Scientologist. The truth is going to come out & it may have a disastrous effect on her remaining on the show.

c-orgy
9th October 2011, 06:41 AM
Scientologist Stacy Francis moved on to the final 32 contestants on the US version of 'X Factor' this week.

She had a rough time during the first round. She was all about the technique and not about the communication. She's got a very-well trained vocal instrument, but got carried away with showing her 'tricks' this week. There was an unnervingly awkward moment when she sustained a note for what seemed like minutes. The performance lacked a soul IMHO, and the judges agreed.

In the 2nd round, taped days later, we learn that her father has just passed away, and that she stayed on at the show rather than attend the funeral. It was a tearjerker of a performance. She really turned it around and delivered.

Condolences to Stacy and her family on their loss.

Next week contestants are narrowed from 32 acts to just 16.