PDA

View Full Version : JT: Worste Movies Ever Made/No 24

Lohan2008
29th December 2011, 02:56 PM
John Travolta

Movie: Battlefield Earth
One of the most reviled movies of all time, this apparent Scientology recruitment sci-fi epic undid the goodwill towards Travolta post-Pulp Fiction career resurgence.
It also has the dubious honour of being one of the most expensive flops in film history, made for $75 million (with additional estimated marketing costs of $20 million), making only $29.7 million worldwide.

Gadfly
29th December 2011, 03:18 PM
Well, that is what happens when Sea Org management gets overly involved and tries to "apply Ron's tech" to the world of the arts!

Epic FAILURE! :ohmy:

Good twin
29th December 2011, 04:10 PM
John Travolta

Movie: Battlefield Earth
One of the most reviled movies of all time, this apparent Scientology recruitment sci-fi epic undid the goodwill towards Travolta post-Pulp Fiction career resurgence.
It also has the dubious honour of being one of the most expensive flops in film history, made for $75 million (with additional estimated marketing costs of $20 million), making only $29.7 million worldwide.

Oh Please. I was on the Freewinds the week of the release and we had to go see that horrible movie every night. They carted us by the busload. After the fourth or fifth time being forced to watch the film, I hid in my cabin to avoid seeing it. When my roommates got back they were so mad at me for escaping.

We nattered pretty openly among ourselves about having to see the movie over and over. But of course avoided mentioning any disagreements outside of our cabin.

Awww. The good old days......

HelluvaHoax!
29th December 2011, 04:31 PM
Oh Please. I was on the Freewinds the week of the release and we had to go see that horrible movie every night. They carted us by the busload. After the fourth or fifth time being forced to watch the film, I hid in my cabin to avoid seeing it. When my roommates got back they were so mad at me for escaping.

We nattered pretty openly among ourselves about having to see the movie over and over. But of course avoided mentioning any disagreements outside of our cabin.

Awww. The good old days......

Please, please, please, please share some of the glowing "validations" that Scientologists shared with each other in public after seeing that horrific movie.

I would actually pay to watch footage of Scientologists coming out of that movie and giving their "wins" on camera. Seriously.

Why? Because. . .

A Scientologist giving a glowing success story on Battlefield Earth is EXACTLY the same exact thing as a Scientologist giving a glowing success story on the OT levels.

A Scientologist reading the previous paragraph would not have any slightest idea what it means. (see "Hubbard Law of 10")

HUBBARD LAW OF 10: Even if a Scientologist had 10 dictionaries, 10 word clearers and 10 pounds of clay, they could not possibly understand it. Because of the 10 points of KSW.

Gadfly
29th December 2011, 04:54 PM
A Scientologist giving a glowing success story on Battlefield Earth is EXACTLY the same exact thing as a Scientologist giving a glowing success story on the OT levels.

Well, not exactly the same!

When I did the OT Levels I did blow some "charge". :happydance:

When I saw the movie, Battlefield Earth, I blew lunch! :omg:

Good twin
29th December 2011, 05:03 PM
Please, please, please, please share some of the glowing "validations" that Scientologists shared with each other in public after seeing that horrific movie.

I would actually pay to watch footage of Scientologists coming out of that movie and giving their "wins" on camera. Seriously.

Why? Because. . .

A Scientologist reading the previous paragraph would not have any slightest idea what it means. (see "Hubbard Law of 10")

HUBBARD LAW OF 10: Even if a Scientologist had 10 dictionaries, 10 word clearers and 10 pounds of clay, they could not possibly understand it. Because of the 10 points of KSW.

As a critical ExScientologist I can see the value of what you are asking me to share. But in truth, it's just too painful. :melodramatic:

GoNuclear
29th December 2011, 05:51 PM
You didn't like Battlefield Earth because you lacked the special equipment needed to view it. Apparently, some espee supressed the comm. about the special gear. To illustrate what I am talking about ... if you see a 3D movie, you must be provided the special glasses, otherwise it looks like so much out of focus crap. Similarly, BE failed due to some espee transcriptionist deliberately sabotaging the notification of/distribution of the special equipment needed to enjoy that movie.

What special equipment? Per person viewing, to be taken 20 minutes in advance:

4 percocets
3 double rum and cokes
6 really good joint hits or 4 solid bong hits of some killer weed
And most importantly, several deep breaths of laughing gas, also known as nitrous oxide.

Once the special equipment is utilized, it becomes readily apparent how great a moving Battlefield Earth really is. Thru the use of the special viewing equipment, even those espee critics would be able to fully "get" Battlefield Earth and give it rave reviews.

Pete

Captain Koolaid
29th December 2011, 05:58 PM
The golden rule of screen writing: You can make a bad movie from a good script, but you can NOT make a good movie from a bad script. Battlefield Earth is abysmal, so the script was terrible as well. I will never understand how they managed to recruit Forest Whittaker and Barry Pepper for this train wreck...I guess both actors will have asked themselves the same question many times. Miscavige probably told one of the OTs to use "intention", or was it Tone 40? :wink2:

freethinker
29th December 2011, 07:02 PM
C'mon now, I thought it was right up there with Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Good twin
29th December 2011, 07:04 PM
C'mon now, I thought it was right up there with Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

How dare you! Not even close.

Ogsonofgroo
29th December 2011, 09:54 PM
Well, not exactly the same!

When I did the OT Levels I did blow some "charge". :happydance:

When I saw the movie, Battlefield Earth, I blew lunch! :omg:

:hysterical:

I have yet to torture my eyes and brain-pan with the full experience and have only watched about 30 minutes of spippets on YT, far more than enough for that very special effect of 'churning the intestines'.
Seriously, I really feel for those that had to endure that drek over and over, on par with having 'Thank You For Listening' as an ear-worm for a week..
On the bright side though, reading through the numerous reviews at Rotten Tomatos and other movie sites had me laughing for hours :)