PDA

View Full Version : The End Phenomenon Of The Church Of Scientology And The OSA

Helena Handbasket
16th January 2012, 01:18 PM
The first time LRH mentioned an "adversary" to Scientology, in the late 50's or early 60's, it was in the idea of a "merchant of chaos".

Over the years he refined this concept, saying that 2.5% of all people are Suppressive Persons and must be stopped by any means available, fair or foul.

He also lambasted governments, saying they have no right to interfere with the free expression of religion.

But I doubt he could have forseen the current situation -- thousands of people, wanting to see the utter destruction of the church and calling for explicit government intervention to step up and put the church's ethics in. This is not just a few nutcases. This is a groundswell of organized grass-roots opposition.

Many of the people involved in this opposition are not those without personal experience in the church, or are against helping others. Many of them are ex-church and ex-staff members who have been thwarted in their desire to help by the church's short-sighted and ultimately destructive policies. Such as:

Broken promises including bait-and-switch and for abilities that have never come true -- for anyone.

Excuses rather than proof that OT abilities exist.

Blaming the customer rather than the church/method/process when something doesn't work.

Stat pushes for short-term gain at the cost of long-term expansion.

Rip offs of lower org publics into higher orgs, leading to the avoidance of both by the public.

Destruction of the field and mission networks.

Endless and extreme pressure to buy, donate, and join staff.

Vilification of anyone trying to bring about much-needed reforms.

Now there are some who would like to see scientology destroyed utterly -- including all the independent (protestant?) groups out there, under the theory that scientology by any other name would be just as bad. You have the right to that opinion.

Others think the church can be reformed. Although I think it's far too late for that.

I believe that the church should be allowed to pass away in the night, and that independent groups should take its place. Notice I said groups rather than group. That the field is not under a single command structure is its greatest advantage -- any particular group that doesn't treat its customers well would be abandoned. None could threaten anybody with "losing their bridge" -- for if you were no longer welcome in one place, you could just go somewhere else. I don't know of any independent group that takes ethics tech seriously, not in the sense of "assigning conditions" to another or that even collects stats.

Helena

Ogsonofgroo
16th January 2012, 03:06 PM
Not a bad take on things Helena, but I think that LRon's system & 'tech', no matter what guise it hides under, is set up for corruption and the abstract manipulation of the human mind. There is nothing technical about the 'tech', and there is no real science in scientology, just a bunch of smoking mirrors and unqualified (though admittedly often well intentioned) practitioners mucking about with unsuspecting people's mental health~take a look around at the massive damage it has done to so, so many, how can any form of this come to 'good'? I do not believe it has, can, or ever will because it is not the inherent nature of Hubbard's fabrication.

A multi-headed hydra of insidious intent, hard to put lipstick on this massive con-job me thinks. :angry:

He also lambasted governments, saying they have no right to interfere with the free expression of religion. Bear in mind that the old windbag didn't start to play the religious card until over 20 years after Dianetics was spewed (and rejected by 99.999% of his (in his mind) peers), and realized the benefit and protection of 'religious' status that he could use to his advantage. He sought any sort of legitimization to carry on with his megalomaniac scheme for world domination~ he lambasted anyone who doubted him, contradicted him, or saw through his charade.

My morning thought :coffee:

Captain Koolaid
16th January 2012, 06:50 PM
The entire operation is based on a policy letter that expressly forbids an "open-minded approach" and demands a fixed and dedicated glare in the eyes of every participant, who has obviously joined for the remainder of the universe, like everyone else. Total dedication, total fixation on the subject, total obedience = totalitarian future. Scientoilogy is doomed to fall into oblivion eventually, unless dead Scientologists really pick up a new body and get right back into Scientology. I doubt this is happening.

FlagEmDown
16th January 2012, 08:17 PM
Why I think sci should die and be buried in an inpenetrable lead box and never be practiced by anyone, independent or as a group:
I believe the "tech" causes mental illness (psychosis and disassociative disorders).
The "tech" is based on "brainwashing" procedures.
Too many of the inherent policies demand cruelty toward and destruction of others.
People under the influence of the "tech" are no longer capable of thinking for
themselves.

Dulloldfart
16th January 2012, 08:56 PM
I believe that the church should be allowed to pass away in the night

Maybe they could take a leaf from ASHO F and call themselves the "Night soil church."

Paul

Helena Handbasket
19th January 2012, 08:15 AM
The first time LRH mentioned an "adversary" to Scientology ... or that even collects stats.

Helena
Wow! There were 7 thanks + likes for this post. I believe that's a new personal record.

And I don't ever remember getting a dislike for any of my posts. I must be doing something right.

Helena

Jump
19th January 2012, 10:30 AM
<snip...>
Over the years he refined this concept, saying that 2.5% of all people are Suppressive Persons and must be stopped by any means available, fair or foul.

Helena

Yeah only 2.5% said Hubbard.. its not many.. we can safely use any means - fair or foul.

Or is it? Its one person in forty. That means in a state with a population of 40 million, it is ONE MILLION PEOPLE. And then, the millions in other states. Its a lot of people Hubbard wanted to stop by any means.

Dunno how you could do that. Maybe gas chambers?