PDA

View Full Version : Help! SO recruiting of minors behind parents back

renegade
19th January 2012, 12:26 AM
I am having a current sitiation with a friend I am trying to help.

Is there anyone familiar with the law out there that can tell me if it is illegal to recruit minors behind their parents back? I know that the parent will need to sign over their guardianship to join the SO in the end, but this is about the initial recruit cycle without parental consent.

La La Lou Lou
19th January 2012, 12:30 AM
Sorry Renegade, which country is the child and parents in?

renegade
19th January 2012, 12:32 AM
USA

Ogsonofgroo
19th January 2012, 12:59 AM
Sounds like soliciting minors................. I'd get in touch with your local child protection agency, or whatever its called down there, and get the proper info.
That and do some research on the laws down there yourself.

Creepy cult is creepy.

Good luck!

BC1
19th January 2012, 01:09 AM
Regardless of the law, why don't you tell the parents that the cult is trying to recruit their kid behind their back? If they would sign their kid over anyway, then I don't think there is anything the law can do to intervene. If the parents would be upset that their kid is being recruited without their knowledge, then maybe they can fend off the recruiters. I don't understand why you would go to the law without going to the parents first.

This is NOT OK !!!!
19th January 2012, 01:12 AM
Good luck is a sad, but true sentiment.

In 35 years of experience at this, the ONLY thing that works is the legal guardian (parent) telling the recruiters "Fuck off, he's mine until the age of 18".

That stops it.

Could there be blow-back? Yes.

Div6
19th January 2012, 01:19 AM
It's a bit of a sticky wicket. If you google "armed forces recruiting minors" you will find that some military recruiters are also targeting teens, and in at least one country, allow 10 year olds to "sign up", but not go active until the age of majority.

Best to get the parent\guardian involved as early as possible. Also, show the potential recruit some of the recent videos of "escapees".

renegade
19th January 2012, 01:23 AM
Regardless of the law, why don't you tell the parents that the cult is trying to recruit their kid behind their back? If they would sign their kid over anyway, then I don't think there is anything the law can do to intervene. If the parents would be upset that their kid is being recruited without their knowledge, then maybe they can fend off the recruiters. I don't understand why you would go to the law without going to the parents first.

SO recruiters act as if they own your child and behave in an entitled manner. They don't care and will do as they please. Parents do not always know when their child is being recruited until the child approaches their parents and say "I want to go join the SO" and then give their parent a hard time for saying NO, ruining their relationship by pitting SO recruiters and child against their parents. This and the way the SO recruiter makes the parents feel guilty and forced to "allow" it or else they are treated as out ethics, off purpose, parriah, dbs, other fish, etc.

freethinker
19th January 2012, 02:16 AM
Ther are laws about bothering kids or speaking to them without a parent or guardians permission. You shoud google child laws.

Is there anyone familiar with the law out there that can tell me if it is illegal to recruit minors behind their parents back? I know that the parent will need to sign over their guardianship to join the SO in the end, but this is about the initial recruit cycle without parental consent.

Auditor's Toad
19th January 2012, 04:03 AM
What worked for me was when the kid brought home a sea org contract he had signed and wanted our signature on it I said " NO ! " and threw it in the garbage can.

Recruiter told me I couldn't do that as the kid had made a decision and I asked politely " Why does the kid need MY signature " ? And answered the question for him, the kid is a minor and not able to enter a binding contract. You need to look at the legal reason for that. When he is 18 he can make that decision. We are done. Goodbye".

Heat ? Yes. I'd rather have faded some heat that let a minor make a life changing - and possibly life long - decision when the law says that minor is NOT capable of such decisions.

It is that simple. Say NO.... and mean it.

Mimsey Borogrove
19th January 2012, 04:57 AM
Parents do not always know when their child is being recruited until the child approaches their parents and say "I want to go join the SO" and then give their parent a hard time for saying NO, ruining their relationship by pitting SO recruiters and child against their parents they also use a similar tactic to recruit one spouse away from the other, knowing full well the marrige will implode.

Twits. Or should I say heartless bastards? Damn, but that "greatest good" washes away a lot of sins.

Mimsey

GreyWolf
19th January 2012, 04:58 AM
If the parents are Scientologists, and especially if their case level is above clear and they want to keep going up the bridge, then it is practically a done deal, I am sorry to say. The recruiters will call in the ethics team to beat them up until they sign. If they are in a position where they don't care, have them tell the recruiters and the MAA's to EFF_OFF!

GoNuclear
19th January 2012, 05:59 AM
It's a bit of a sticky wicket. If you google "armed forces recruiting minors" you will find that some military recruiters are also targeting teens, and in at least one country, allow 10 year olds to "sign up", but not go active until the age of majority.

Best to get the parent\guardian involved as early as possible. Also, show the potential recruit some of the recent videos of "escapees".

Those supposed contracts are worthless, and the concept goes way back.

When I went into the Navy, they presented me with the option of a delayed entry program. I remember reading thru the literature, and saw that they were presenting this to minors as well. I was over 18 at the time, but there were those who were not. The Navy would get someone age 17 to sign up to go in right after his 18th b'day. I was in the recruiter's office listening to this one 1st class petty officer on the phone, getting pissed off at some guys who changed their minds about enlisting, and watched him swearing and tearing up paperwork. He then put on a smiley face and made some excuses and went back to discussing my situation. They of course tried to get me to go in directly, but, it was close to the end of the year and I didn't want to fly out to San Diego to do boot camp until after the 1st of January, preferring to spend the holidays with family at home. That seemed reasonable enough to the recruiters, but nevertheless, over a 6 week period of time, got no less than 3 phone calls reminding me to show up to ship out in early January.

For those seeing my posts on here, you might know me as someone who trusts govt. as far as I can throw them. Nevertheless ... if I could go back to that point in time and be that age again I would do it all over regardless. But I couldn't reccommend that young guys sign up today the way things are now.

Pete

tutu
19th January 2012, 06:11 AM
A big button in Scientology is you follow the laws of the land you are in, and yes minors can enter into a contract with the parents' permission. So if the parents are okay with the situation, nothing can be done about it unfortunately.

If the parents don't know, they need to know of the situation ASAP.

Iknowtoomuch
19th January 2012, 07:06 AM
They're up to the same old tactics. Good luck with this. I hope the child escapes before it's too late.

Mike Laws
19th January 2012, 02:18 PM
I had believed the SO stopped recruiting minors, recently finding out that it either never stopped, or has re-started. I was contacted by a German trying to get their little 10 year old girl out ... one of the parents came to their senses after Marty's visit to Germany, the other is still in. Both parents in Germany, their 10 year old in UK. The in parent blocking all communication to the child from the out parent.

It is incomprehensible to me that the COS is so stupid and oblivious to the world around them that they can't see this as suicide.

Demented LRH
19th January 2012, 02:45 PM
Everything depends on specifics of the recruitment process. If it is done on the school grounds, the school administration should be informed that the recruitment is taking place. If it is done at the street in the form of a conversation with a minor, nothing could be done to stop it.

La La Lou Lou
19th January 2012, 03:20 PM
I saw soldiers and sea men who had fought in the Falklands conflict, they did personality tests but were not able to get the results without their parents permission because they were too young. They were old enough to watch their mates disappearing under the sea though.

Recruiting children for anything is wrong. kids go out and march with their parents bearing banners saying 'god hates fags', they get shot at demos in Syria, driven over by tanks, they are told to throw stones at Israeli soldiers. Adults must do their own dirty work, not involve kids.

I left before my own kid would have had to accept the cult as true. Mostly because I believe an individual has the right to make their own mind up when they are ready. Maturity comes with age, usually, sometimes it's extreme age, sometimes the individual never reaches it.

Also the 'contract' is not legally binding it would be laughed out of any court. See this link about it's legality...

http://www.proandcontracts.com/2011/02/18/scientology-sea-org-contract/

Best of luck, LLLL

Auditor's Toad
19th January 2012, 05:14 PM
If the parents are Scientologists, and especially if their case level is above clear and they want to keep going up the bridge, then it is practically a done deal, I am sorry to say. The recruiters will call in the ethics team to beat them up until they sign. If they are in a position where they don't care, have them tell the recruiters and the MAA's to EFF_OFF!

No. it is not. Our situation happened when we were both on 7. The recruiter made a big deal out of our saying " No " ! and called an ethics hearing on us and we re-stated that they had attempted to enter into a contract with a minor and that is illegal and they did it full well knowing that what they were doing was is illegal.
And it was all done without consulting us.

I countered that by taking my child the intention of the recruiter was to slow our progress up the bridge by not allowing us to have child care for our other child when we went for 6 months checks and later for the time to go do 8.

I demanded to know why this recruiter had CI on us going up the bridge as LRH intended.

Guess who won that little pissing contest ? Not the SO.

They can be beat at their own game.

Oh child turned 18, and said
" No f***'ing way, I signed that when I was a child. Get f*** out of here " !

( I'm glad my kids speak appropriate English )."

frhidden
19th January 2012, 05:50 PM
This is what I have observed.

Many Scientology parents would rather not have their child enter the SO and this on many levels. If a kid attends a Scientology influenced school he or she will be constantly expected to agree that Scientology is essential to mankind. Sea Org recruiters target the kids in these school. Young people recruited last year are send back into the school to recruit this year's crop. Immense peer pressure is applied to get a kid to sign a SO contract or to just admit that they might join the SO at some stage. Then step by steps small agreement are added and layered until a "close" can be effected. That parents support this process or not is not that important. Aligning the purpose of the kid to the purpose of the SO is what is important. With that in place even to the slightest degree, the train can roll down the track, quickly or slowly. Every obstacle will be overcome until the train arrives at its destination or derails. If it derails attempts will be made to get it back on the track and rolling forward. Purposes will be rekindled as needed. Admiration will be applied. If a shouting match and force might do the job then that method will be used.

Sea Org recruiters, the modern Pied Pipers of Hamelin. Scientology parents, be scared!

BC1
19th January 2012, 05:55 PM
SO recruiters act as if they own your child and behave in an entitled manner. They don't care and will do as they please. Parents do not always know when their child is being recruited until the child approaches their parents and say "I want to go join the SO" and then give their parent a hard time for saying NO, ruining their relationship by pitting SO recruiters and child against their parents. This and the way the SO recruiter makes the parents feel guilty and forced to "allow" it or else they are treated as out ethics, off purpose, parriah, dbs, other fish, etc.

Unfortunately I understand their tactics all too well. They "got" one person in my family and almost got another. The only reason the one didn't go in the end is because one of their parents had the guts to say no. It's a horrible situation to put a parent in, but it's better that they know sooner rather than later. Regardless, the parents should be told if you know. If you know something is going on an you don't tell the parents then you've indirectly participated in their recruitment in my opinion.

renegade
19th January 2012, 10:35 PM
The SO recruiter has backed down FOR NOW.

This parent threatened THE CHILD to get the SO recruiter to back off and said that the choice was in their hands: "Do you want me to be declared? Go ahead then, get me declared. After that I will have nothing to lose, and will take more action."

The result....the calls stopped.

Feral
19th January 2012, 11:00 PM

I haven't had time to read the whole thread but I want to add this; They first convince the kid, which they can do without parental OK, at least in the cult. Then at crunch time once the tike has agreed to sign the contract they blackmail the parents through cult practices.

The only option is lawyers and media.

Fuck 'em.