PDA

View Full Version : Child labor in Scientology

crm1978
1st February 2012, 08:58 PM
Why has'nt any state or the U.S government taken action to stop the church from using child labor in orgs ? I'm not a legal expert but it seems like they are clearly breaking the law by having kids work long hours for little pay.The neglect and abuse of children takes many forms in Scn and is one of the many reasons why people should not support the "church".Other cults abuse kids of course but CO$ is a major offender .It seems like strong legal action could do a lot to bring them down with criminal and civil charges as well as take away a big source of labor.

Bea Kiddo
1st February 2012, 09:05 PM
The big problem is lack of proof.

I was in the Sea Org environment from the age of 3 years old. I joined the Sea Org at 15, but even prior to that, I was working in the cadet org from I guess around the age of 5 or 6. We had days that we would works long hours as well.

The thing is that no-one (no children or their parents for that matter) will ever speak up about it. I would have lied if I had been asked. They are masters at covering crap up.

There are plenty of stories about it on this website, including mine.

There have been sometimes kids breaking down and calling in to 911 and it did result in child protective services showing up. However the church cleans up real quick and is ready for inspection any time. Its nuts. :no:

Good twin
1st February 2012, 09:46 PM
If you haven't read Bea's story, you must. It should be required reading for exes and critics alike. I arrived on ESMB as it was being told and it explained so many facets of the Scientology mind fuck.

Do check it out. She is too modest to insist, but I do. :thumbsup:

Dulloldfart
1st February 2012, 10:00 PM
If you haven't read Bea's story, you must. It should be required reading for exes and critics alike. I arrived on ESMB as it was being told and it explained so many facets of the Scientology mind fuck.

Do check it out. She is too modest to insist, but I do. :thumbsup:

There's a free edited PDF (and Kindle edition) of it here, with chapters, headings, sub-headings, footnotes, and alphabetical index: www.paulsrabbit.com. Left-hand column for 21 user reviews, middle column for the download link.

Paul

Good twin
1st February 2012, 10:34 PM
There's a free edited PDF (and Kindle edition) of it here, with chapters, headings, sub-headings, footnotes, and alphabetical index: www.paulsrabbit.com. Left-hand column for 21 user reviews, middle column for the download link.

Paul

Paul did you include the amazing and happy ending? The baby must be a big girl now.

Dulloldfart
1st February 2012, 10:40 PM
Paul did you include the amazing and happy ending? The baby must be a big girl now.

No. I see it ends October 17 2008. I guess it needs an epilogue.

Paul

Mick Wenlock
1st February 2012, 11:10 PM
Why has'nt any state or the U.S government taken action to stop the church from using child labor in orgs ? I'm not a legal expert but it seems like they are clearly breaking the law by having kids work long hours for little pay.The neglect and abuse of children takes many forms in Scn and is one of the many reasons why people should not support the "church".Other cults abuse kids of course but CO$ is a major offender .It seems like strong legal action could do a lot to bring them down with criminal and civil charges as well as take away a big source of labor.

all cults are offenders and the cofs, despite its grotesque record is not even in the top ten. You should read up on the Hare Krishnas for example, or the JWs or the LDS Polygamous sects, Children of God - the list is long and ugly.

You say they are "clearly" breaking the law. Which law are they clearly breaking? I was in the SO (as an adult) during the time that Bea was a child - had I seen the stuff that she writes about I would have reported it myself - but I never saw it. Period. And if someone who was there and who was working did not see it - how would the authorities?

PLease don't get me wrong - I wish that they had noticed but stuff like this is NEVER 'just obvious'. Part of the problem (and a source of great frustration to social workers and cops ) is that not only do the abusers deny that anything is happening but in a lot of cases so do the abused.