PDA

View Full Version : TampaBay: Kirstie's Alley's company in Clearwater may want to sell you life insurance

functionunknown
25th March 2012, 02:24 AM
TampaBay: Kirstie Alley's company in Clearwater may want to sell you life insurance (http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/kirsties-alleys-company-in-clearwater-may-want-to-sell-you-life-insurance/1221661)

CLEARWATER Would you buy life insurance from Kirstie Alley?

Weird question, we know. The television and movie actor providing for one's family after death may seem a bit strange.

But quietly tucked in the federal trademark books are hints at Alley's first foray into insurance. Perhaps even stranger is its connection to her diet and weight-loss program.

In 2009, Alley's Clearwater-based company registered the trademark for Organic Liaison, a line of supplements, sleep aids, muscle relaxers and colon cleansers.

The company seemed an understandable next step for Alley, 61, once the butt of gossip magazine weight jokes. She had recently left as spokeswoman for weight-loss conglomerate Jenny Craig.

But on that same day, Organic Liaison also registered a much less predictable trademark: Organic Liaison Life Insurance Solutions. [more (http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/kirsties-alleys-company-in-clearwater-may-want-to-sell-you-life-insurance/1221661)]

*note: not actual ad, but a shoop
http://i43.tinypic.com/2hn9j02.jpg

Dulloldfart
25th March 2012, 02:30 AM
Running a business selling (and paying out on) life insurance to OT Scientologists seems like a rapid way to go bankrupt!

Paul

whoisxenu
25th March 2012, 04:55 AM
Saw her at my gym about 10 years ago - had to double-take. When she was trim (in a TV movie with Mark Harmon, she was a 10:happydance:) - but in person, weighing 300? unbelievable. :unsure:

She clearly has issues the "church" has not helped with.:bigcry:

Hope she gets some help. IF only to deal with potential health issues.

Rene Descartes
25th March 2012, 12:34 PM
Well I am eager to see what kind of life insurance she is supposedly going to sell. First of all "she" herself is not going to sell it and if she makes a company she has to have capital up front.

If I were going to make recommendations to her I would tell her to stay away from cash value life insurance since the regges would be trying to get people to borrow as much as possible from the policies

Another remark I would like to make is that I have no confidence that a life insurance company that is operating on LRH management policy will have any kind of success, oops I mean adavantage.

Another dangerous aspect I would be on the lookout for is if she makes the company a stock life insurance company. In this way she would get all the OTs to buy the stock and that would be most of the starting capital. Then I am sure the dividends paid on the stock would be set up by regges to go directly into their "I want to go OT" accounts.

Hard to make any more comments at this point and it is even too early to consider my above speculations with 100 % confidence. Need to have more of an idea as to what her intentions are, what the customer base is, what kind of company it is and what kind of products are going to be sold.

The life insurance part of it might even be a smaller part of some larger financial scandal, oops I mean endeavor.

A new top of the line product - The Equity Indexed I want to Go OT Security Based Variable Universal Life Insurance Policy.

I wonder if Reed Slatkin is planning on a comeback and sitting in as a silent partner.

Rd00