PDA

View Full Version : Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's life story

SanDiegoMember
12th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Yvonne was born in 1927 and passed away in 1978, along the way she became one of the most well liked people in Scientology. Her legacy is Celebrity Center as she was it's founder. I got to know her in February of 1973 and have held her in high regard since.

There is currently a project underway to write Yvonne's life story. I originally started off creating her biography, but with the excellent help from her family this project has become more of a story of her life.

I originally wanted to complete her story before announcing the project, but with Emma now retiring I decided to post this today. So far her story is written up until late 1965. It may be a couple of more months before the story goes live on the internet though.

I would welcome your stories, pictures regarding Yvonne to be included in her story. I can be reached at BlkC5vette@aol.com.

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
2nd May 2012, 05:31 AM
I am pleased that so many people have viewed this post. Tonight I worked an additional three hours on Yvonne's life story and have it now written up to October of 1967. There are many facts about Yvonne that has never seen the light of day outside of her immediate family. Stayed tuned for further updates!

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
17th May 2012, 08:05 PM
Yvonne's life history goes hand in hand with the history of the Sea Org, as she was one of the original members. As such, we have taken great care to document some of the events of the Sea Org. It took some time to document, for example, the dates of the infamous Liability Cruise.

As of today I have Yvonne's life written up to June of 1968, getting closer and closer to when she started Celebrity Center. There will be some facts in her bio that dispel some commonly accepted stories of CC.

Stayed tuned!

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
21st May 2012, 04:28 PM
Flag Order #232, dated October 10, 1967 implemented the Sea Org's "billion year" contracts. For the historians out there, I have obtained a digital copy of the 6th Sea Org signed contract dated October 14, 1967 from the actual owner of the document. I plan on displaying this historical document on Yvonne's Bio website.

With all the stories of Celebrity Center on the internet I thought that this part of her bio would be the easiest. Was I wrong, this is going to take some time to set the story straight!

Howard Dickman

SweetnessandLight
21st May 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi Howard! Good luck with your project. I think it's very worthwhile to make an accurate record of the history of the Scientology movement and it's early workers. :thumbsup:

I remember reading quite a lot of stories on the Aboard the Apollo thread about her...and there are other posts scattered throughout ESMB. I hope you have done a search of them.

I know there are other members and lurkers here who worked with her.

I encourage you to go for full inclusion...of all the stories and memories and events, not just the flattering ones, or the ones her family and close friends remember. :thumbsup: You can be honest and be kind at the same time.

Anything that we can do to counter COS and RTC revisionist history is to the good! :)

For instance, I refer you to this thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?24219-Death-by-Devotion-Tragic-Tale-of-Scientology-Celeb.-Cntr.-Brainchild-Yvonne-Jentzsch

Referring to this article by Skip Press: http://www.themortonreport.com/discoveries/stranger/death-by-devotion/

I think all of his writing is worth reading, but especially on this subject.

Good luck Howard! Writing projects sometimes do take on lives of their own, so try not to put any time limits on it, or yourself. The work will be less frustrating that way.

lkwdblds
21st May 2012, 10:49 PM
I am very pleased that Howard is writing the whole story of Yvonne's life. I began reading the internet about Scientology specifically because I noticed in Celebrity Centre's 30th and 35th anniversary magazines in 2000 and 2005, Yvonne's name was not even mentioned one time in either magazine.

I was still in C of S in 2000 and remember asking Kathy Garcia, the head registrar at CC if Yvonne had done anything bad that put her in disrepute. Kathy was already on staff at CCLA when I joined staff there in 1971 and she is still therein 2012. Kathy said that Yvonne was still highly though of but that few people were still around the Orgs who had ever heard of her. That did not make sense. Kathy said she would make certain that Yvonne's name would appear in any future anniversary mags.

When her name was left out of the 2005 mag then I knew that it was not just an oversight but it was politics. She was purposely being left out. History was being rewritten by the DM regime. Mary Sue Hubbard had already been written out and no Yvonne was written out of their history.

I quit going into the Orgs in 2002, routing out on a routing form for a medical problem. By 2005 I decided I was never going back but still did not want to go against church policy about reading the Internet. The Yvonne omission really got me angry and I went onto the internet and read everything I could find about Scn.

I wish Howard the best of luck writing his story of Yvonne's life. She was an exceptional woman and deserves to have her biography fully chronicled.
Lakey

SanDiegoMember
3rd June 2012, 08:05 PM
Due to the incredible amount of support from the family of Yvonne her story is growing and growing. I have several pages of notes about the early days of CC that I will be drawing from when I write that part of her story.

The family has many many contacts in their network and it is from this that many heretofore unpublished stories about Scientology have come to light. The latest is the reason for the Class VIII course and the story leading up to LRH's decision to create it!

Hang in there, I'm working on this bio of Yvonne's as fast as I can. But I have to substantiate the facts before I write.

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
16th August 2012, 02:13 PM
Progress update:

In 1971 there was a record produced called "My Philosophy" which consisted of three tracks recorded by Yvonne. The next year there was another record produced that had two tracks recorded by Yvonne.

I have purchased those records and it took me all of July to digitize and edit (for pops and hums) both of these records. All five of these tracks will be on Yvonne's bio web page.

Right now I am reorganizing my research into a time line of who said what etc. so that if challenged as to the veracity of her story I will have references to back her story up. Plus by creating this time line, statements made by those who knew her, but lack dating, fall into place.

I had no idea the extent of this project when I first started it this past February, but I'm determined to get it right.

Thanks for all of the views that this thread has been getting.

Howard Dickman

Auditor's Toad
21st August 2012, 09:47 PM
Her story certainly deserves to be told - she was a remarkable presence !

SanDiegoMember
8th September 2012, 03:26 PM
Initially I envisioned Yvonne's bio to be a summary of her life. But as the project went forward, and more and more of her friends shared their memories, this effort has turned into a story of her life, interspersed with lots of the history of the Sea Org and of course Celebrity Centre.

Just recently I had to start over and create a Word document which lists, in chronological order, events in her life. Things like pictures, Flag Orders, memories from friends and her family, etc. This document is now 95 pages in length!

I've had to break her life down into sections. For example, Yvonne was born into a wealthy, prominent family in Australia; so the first section deals with her ancestry. The notes to this section are 5 pages long. This section is now complete.

As I get the other sections finished I will be using this medium for the updates.

Thank you;

Howard Dickman

Infinite
8th September 2012, 03:34 PM

Thank you for doing all this research. Sounds kinda a bit like when I decided to knock-out a couple of cupboards - five years, new kitchen, bathroom, and laundry later I finally got the job done.

Is your website up and running and/or are there any links to the DOX you have collected thus far?

SanDiegoMember
8th September 2012, 03:42 PM

Thank you for doing all this research. Sounds kinda a bit like when I decided to knock-out a couple of cupboards - five years, new kitchen, bathroom, and laundry later I finally got the job done.

Is your website up and running and/or are there any links to the DOX you have collected thus far?

Right now its all in Word. Once I get the project done I will paste it to a website. I'm doing it this way so that I can correct my mistakes before someone catches them for me! I've rewritten the sections several times already as new information arrived. I'm about done though, maybe just a few more months.

Dulloldfart
8th September 2012, 06:36 PM
Howard, have you looked at Scrivener? (http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php)

It's quite nifty for putting together a book or something similarly lengthy with lots of research involved. Much easier than Word or similar word-processing apps, although Word will come in useful for the final product with proper fonts and Outline headings etc.

I really hope you don't intend to use Word's internal HTML-export function! I can't believe MS have never fixed that. Maybe it's because of back-compatibility issues.

Paul

SanDiegoMember
8th September 2012, 07:15 PM
Howard, have you looked at Scrivener? (http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php)

It's quite nifty for putting together a book or something similarly lengthy with lots of research involved. Much easier than Word or similar word-processing apps, although Word will come in useful for the final product with proper fonts and Outline headings etc.

I really hope you don't intend to use Word's internal HTML-export function! I can't believe MS have never fixed that. Maybe it's because of back-compatibility issues.

Paul

Thanks Paul! I wish I had had this product in February when I first started this project.

SanDiegoMember
9th September 2012, 08:01 PM
I just spent 5 hours working on Yvonne's bio this morning. The section dealing with her early life, before Scientology (1927 to 1953), has now been rewritten and is ready for publishing. In my Word document it is 4 pages long, complete with 13 pictures.

As you read about her early life you will get an idea of how her heritage helped when she created Celebrity Centre!

Now on to the next section.

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
16th September 2012, 11:07 PM
Progress report;

This weekend I spent over 20 hours rewriting 2 more sections of Yvonne's bio.

I now have her section done regarding her introduction and involvement with Scientology while still in Australia, 1953 to 1965. In my word document this section is 4 pages long, complete with 12 pictures.

I also have her section done regarding her involvement in Scientology while in England, 1965 to 1966. In my word document this section is 2 pages long, complete with 2 pictures.

I am being assisted by 3 very competent and wonderful editors. So this bio should be a very good one.

Now onto the next chapter!

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
30th September 2012, 06:35 PM
Progress report;

I had already had Yvonne's chapter written about her involvement with the Sea Org, 1966 to the founding of Celebrity Centre. But due to the amount of new information that I had to hand it took me two weeks to rewrite this section of her biography. It is now done and off to the editors. In my Word document this section is 12 pages long.

The final chapter of her life, and her most memorable, that of Celebrity Centre is now being written. I have 24 pages of notes to draw from, including the grand opening party for CC.

Please stay tuned for further updates;

Howard Dickman

SweetnessandLight
3rd October 2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks Howard, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

SanDiegoMember
4th October 2012, 03:28 AM
I am currently working on Yvonne's time with Celebrity Centre.

In early 1971 CC moved to a mansion on Iverness Drive and only stayed there for about 3 months. I was wondering if anyone might know the address of this building? It would be great history for Yvonne's bio.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman
BlkC5vette@aol.com

SanDiegoMember
13th October 2012, 06:11 PM
The grand opening ceremonies for Celebrity Centre occurred on July 15, 1969. The building was packed with people. I would love some pictures of this event. Please spread the word.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
19th October 2012, 03:24 PM
A new request:

I'm working very diligently on Yvonne's life during her time at CC. I have 2 great pictures of the original CC building. They are of the outside only. I was hoping that I might get some pictures showing activities inside of the building. Please spread the word.

Howard Dickman
BlkC5vette@aol.com

SanDiegoMember
10th December 2012, 12:25 AM
Progress update on Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's on-line biography:

It's been a while since I posted about her bio. The Sea Org chapter of Yvonne's bio, (7,876 words), is now at the editor. This chapter contains a lot of documentation of the early days of the Sea Org, starting with the Sea Project in August 1966.

The Celebrity Centre chapter (5,632 words) is mostly written and awaiting some information from a few more sources.

When this biography is finished it will be on a website, free for all to read. Stay tuned for further updates!

Howard Dickman

Valerim9
14th January 2013, 02:04 AM

It's been a while since I posted about her bio. The Sea Org chapter of Yvonne's bio, (7,876 words), is now at the editor. This chapter contains a lot of documentation of the early days of the Sea Org, starting with the Sea Project in August 1966.

The Celebrity Centre chapter (5,632 words) is mostly written and awaiting some information from a few more sources.

When this biography is finished it will be on a website, free for all to read. Stay tuned for further updates!

Howard Dickman

i knew Yvonne near the end of her life and am so looking forward to this bio. Thank you so much for tackling this project.

SanDiegoMember
26th January 2013, 04:17 AM
News update:

Just today a source sent me the OODs (Orders of the day) from the OTL LA starting with # 7 dated May 12, 1969 to #29 dated July 9, 1969. I also received CC first OOD, dated July 11, 1969. I just spent the last 2 hours pouring over these documents for inclusion in Yvonne's bio.

Here are the salient points;

1. When others write something about CC the spelling of Center is in the American version. When Yvonne writes something in the OOD's she spells it Centre. To me, this is just one more piece of proof that Yvonne named CC and not LRH.

2. OOD #24 July 4, 1969 notes that Yvonne and CC have moved to a new home. The document which tells about CC's move mentions July 11th as to when they acquired the lease at 8th street. The OOD's properly document the real date.

3. Finally (I saved the best for last), CC's first OOD gives us the date, the time and agenda of the dedication! Peter Gillham is on the agenda the day before and after the dedication. Even though they were separated, he was there supporting Yvonne, one hell of a man!

Based on this new information I will now have to rewrite portions of Yvonne's CC days. Her Sea Org chapter is now finished, which leaves her CC chapter, her PR Org chapter and then her final days. I've worked on this project for nearly a year now and am close to going live with it. I'm glad I've taken my time, as information has slowly filtered in which has made the bio that much better.

Thanks;
Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
6th February 2013, 02:08 PM
Update on Yvonne's bio;

So many wonderful people have contributed documents and first hand accounts of Yvonne during her time at Celebrity Centre. I have finally finished her CC chapter with nineteen paragraphs and lots of pictures. Unfortunately, for me, the person who was doing the editing for me has had to take a break due to personal reasons, so I am now tasked with editing my own writing.

Time to buckle down and get to work, only eighteen paragraphs left to edit!

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
17th February 2013, 01:53 AM
One year ago I wrote to Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch's family and asked if I could write a bio about their mother. They gave me their blessing and have since been forthright with my many requests and questions. Her bio contains many chapters with a picture gallery at the end of each. I am pleased to let everyone know as to my progress;
Chapter 1 deals with her lineage - who her parents, grandparents, great grandparents were. This chapter is done.
Chapter 2 deals with her early years 1927 to 1953, before she read the book Dianetics. This chapter is done.
Chapter 3 deals with her involvement with Scientology in Australia to 1965. This chapter is done.
Chapter 4 deals with her involvement with Scientology in England to 1966. This chapter is done.
Chapter 5 deals with her days in the Sea Org, before Celebrity Centre, 1966 to 1969. This is a long chapter and it is done.
Chapter 6 deals with her days at Celebrity Centre, 1969 to 1977. This is also a long chapter and it is done.
Chapter 6 deals with her days at the PR Org in 1977 and still needs some work.
Chapter 7 deals with her final days. I am waiting for some more information before I write this one.
Chapter 8 deals with her legacy. This chapter is done.

So many people have come forward with so much good information about Yvonne. The project is well worth the effort that I have put into it. Just recently lkwdblds and a few of us were actually able to pin down the location of CC during the move to the mansion in the hills, and I thank him for his wonderful help.

I am close to wrapping this project up. When done, it will be on a website, free for the whole world to see!

Thanks;
Howard Dickman

DartSmohen
17th February 2013, 08:57 PM

Howard Dickman

The Sea Project did not start until about October/November 1966. The first intimation was a notice put on the reception board asking for volunteers with sea-going experience. This was quickly taken down.
There was an OT Committee set up in in late summer 1966, which met in secret. Yvonne may well have been involved with this. I know Joan Thomas was the Chair of it. The Enchanter yacht was purchased and in November set sail for Las Palmas. Bill Robertson, George & Julia Galpin and Peggy Bankstrom were the crew.

John Lawrence and Ron Pook were tasked with finding a vessel, Avon River, during the early months of 1967. They bought the vessel from Aberdeen where she was to be disposed of. They also toured defunct naval vessels to buy equipment and solid watertight doors. These were stored in the hold. The crew did not start arriving on board until March when the Avon River was docked at Hull. However several of the proposed crew were already getting prepared (in secret) to depart for the ship at a moments notice (literally). I am sure Yvonne was one of those in preparation as she already on board as part of the crew by the time I arrived in May 1967.

I hope this helps.

Dart

SanDiegoMember
17th February 2013, 11:26 PM
The Sea Project did not start until about October/November 1966. The first intimation was a notice put on the reception board asking for volunteers with sea-going experience. This was quickly taken down.
There was an OT Committee set up in in late summer 1966, which met in secret. Yvonne may well have been involved with this. I know Joan Thomas was the Chair of it. The Enchanter yacht was purchased and in November set sail for Las Palmas. Bill Robertson, George & Julia Galpin and Peggy Bankstrom were the crew.

John Lawrence and Ron Pook were tasked with finding a vessel, Avon River, during the early months of 1967. They bought the vessel from Aberdeen where she was to be disposed of. They also toured defunct naval vessels to buy equipment and solid watertight doors. These were stored in the hold. The crew did not start arriving on board until March when the Avon River was docked at Hull. However several of the proposed crew were already getting prepared (in secret) to depart for the ship at a moments notice (literally). I am sure Yvonne was one of those in preparation as she already on board as part of the crew by the time I arrived in May 1967.

I hope this helps.

Dart

Dart:

I have read and reread your stories, from which I have pulled a lot of information. The first Ships Order that I found is #1, dated August 24, 1966. I have an e-mail that states that LRH was not happy with the first batch of recruits and felt that SH was sending him DB's. Thus the posting on the board at SH. Yvonne did spend time with her family, Christmas of 1966, but was gone before her sons birthday, March of 1967.

Your input has been extremely helpful and I hope I have researched your stories well for Yvonne's bio.

Thanks so much;

Howard

SanDiegoMember
8th May 2013, 03:19 AM
I have researched the life of Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch for over 15 months now. I am currently working on the last chapter of her life, a very tough section to write. Initially I thought that this biography would only take a couple of months, but with the excellent input from so many of Yvonne's friends this bio has expanded to well over 26,000 words and over 100 pictures. Along the way the history of Scientology, the Sea Project, the Sea Org and Celebrity Centre has been carefully documented as to time, place, form and event.

Her bio is not ready for public viewing as there is a lot of work yet to be done on the site as well as finishing her last chapter. However I can at this point make two announcements;

1. Despite what Lakey has repeatedly stated I am NOT writing a book about Yvonne. Her bio will appear on a web page and be free for the whole world to read. This is my donation to the memory of the wonderful lady that I had the pleasure to meet.

During the research for Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch’s biography, February, 2012 to May, 2013, many people, who personally knew Yvonne, had contributed excellent stories about her. However, some of those stories could not have been properly integrated into Yvonne's life story. In order to properly preserve Yvonne's personality, it was decided to create a separate page just for personal anecdotes about her. This very special page can now be viewed at SCIENTOLiPEDIA.

This page is located at - http://scientolipedia.org/info/Remembrances_of_Yvonne

Please enjoy this addendum to the upcoming bio of Yvonne!

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
21st September 2013, 02:00 PM
I have been silent about Yvonne's bio for a while now, but I finally have something of importance to write about. Yvonne's chapter of the final months of her life has been written and is at the editor now. This chapter contains over 4,100 words. The lady, who is doing the editing, has commented that this chapter is very moving but also very sad.

We have some work yet to do before we release the bio, but it will be released pretty soon. I will be announcing the release date in the next few weeks, stay tuned.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
30th September 2013, 12:55 AM
The bio is nearing completion. Over 17 months of research we now have 155 pictures which will be included in Yvonne's bio. Stay tuned.

Howard

CO2
30th September 2013, 02:10 AM
http://www.forum.exscn.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3397&d=1261549508

SanDiegoMember
30th September 2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.forum.exscn.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3397&d=1261549508

CO2;

I even had a chance to interview the person who made the sign that you see in the picture. His story is incorporated into Yvonne's bio.

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
6th October 2013, 03:56 PM
Yvonne Doreen Gillham Jentzsch is remembered as one of the most beloved individuals in the history of Scientology. 17 months ago I started writing her biography. It was a fortunate time for this to take place, many people who had directly interacted with Yvonne gladly contributed stories and facts about her life. Some of the stories that came forward were unknown even to her children.

Her bio now consists of nearly 32,000 words and 155 pictures, it is a serious piece of history. Next Sunday I will announce the date of the publication of Yvonne's bio. It will appear on a website, free for all to see.

Thank you;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
13th October 2013, 03:16 PM
Yvonne Doreen Gillham Jentzsch, founder of Scientology’s Celebrity Centres, was born October 20, 1927. After seventeen months of exhaustive research I am pleased to announce that her biography will be launched on her birthday next Sunday. It will be located on a website, free for all to see.

This week I will be building the site, but in the meantime David LaCroix has graciously agreed to host one of Yvonne’s recordings at his website SCIENTOLiPEDIA. In November, 1971, she recorded L. Ron Hubbard’s “What is Greatness”. As Yvonne personified the very essence of this piece of Ron’s work, we felt that its recording should be shared prior to the release of her biography.

The address for this recording is - http://scientolipedia.org/info/What_Is_Greatness

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

SanDiegoMember
19th October 2013, 03:56 AM
Update on Yvonne's bio;

In 1971 Yvonne recorded three of L. Ron Hubbard's works on a record album entitled "My Philosophy". We have already released "What is Greatness", but tonight we are releasing another of her recordings, "The Factors". In about 36 hours Yvonne's bio will be live, free for everyone to read. In the meantime please enjoy listening to her read the Factors.

The site is here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/The_Factors

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Veda
19th October 2013, 10:40 AM
Update on Yvonne's bio;

In 1971 Yvonne recorded three of L. Ron Hubbard's works on a record album entitled "My Philosophy". We have already released "What is Greatness", but tonight we are releasing another of her recordings, "The Factors". In about 36 hours Yvonne's bio will be live, free for everyone to read. In the meantime please enjoy listening to her read the Factors.

The site is here - http://scientolipedia.org/info/The_Factors

Thanks;

Howard Dickman

Good luck with the biography.

This is a delicate subject, and I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I hope you've made at least an attempt to depict how incredibly naive - and uninformed - Scientologists were during that time.

Listening to the recording of 1971 - as the wholesome image of the benevolent fatherly Hubbard, with family, appeared (and being reminded of the additional recording with the Celebrity Center Choir of 1976), with Yvonne reading Hubbard's 'The Factors' (The recycled Crowleyan Naples Arrangement, with Hubbard's, "Humbly tendered as a gift to Man," tacked on to the end), and being reminded that there are also readings of Hubbard's 'My Philosophy' and 'What is Greatness?', am curious if these are the sanitized versions of these writings which omit the following disturbing portions...

Background:

In the early 1960s, Hubbard had come to regard John F. Kennedy as an enemy. He blamed Kennedy for the American FDA/e-meter troubles and referenced his assassination of 28 months earlier in the broadly publicized 1966 PR piece, 'What is Greatness?'. 'What is Greatness?', meant for a broad "wog" audience, extolled "love," and was published concurrent with the 'Fair Game Law'-applying Guardian's Office being quietly established.

Even in this PR piece, Hubbard couldn't resist gloating over the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Quoting from 'What is Greatness?':

"Were you to approach many ruling heads of state in the world and offer to set them free (as only a Scientologist can) they would go berserk, cry up their private police and generally cause unpleasantness. Indeed, one did - he was later assassinated by no desire of ours but because of the incompetence of his own followers about him. He could have tried to use Scientology. Instead, he promptly tried to shoot it down by ordering raids and various berserk actions on Scientology organizations. That he was then shot had nothing to do with us, but only demonstrated how incompetent and how mortal he really was."

And then there's 'My Philosophy' and its awkward portion:

"Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to the hip and back, at the end of World War II, I faced an almost nonexistent future. My service record stated: 'This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies whatsoever', but also stated, 'permanently disabled physically'.

"And so there came a further blow. I was abandoned by family and friends as a supposedly hopeless cripple and probable burden on them for the rest of my days."

It's a difficult task to chronicle Yvonne's life, paying her due respect, while also not ignoring the dark aspects of Scientology at that time. And, IIRC, one of the locations that was later raided by the FBI (in July 1977) was the Celebrity Center which, while the bulk of staff and public were busy "going up the Bridge to Total Freedom," the covert dirty tricks "Branch One" people had their own section of CC where they were busy also.

It was a remarkable time, in that the Scientological bubble had not yet burst. The FBI raids had not yet happened, Hubbard had not yet had another mental breakdown (a repeat of the one from late 1966/early 1967, but with medical complications).

It was after that last breakdown that Hubbard "discovered" that almost everyone was "Dianetic Clear" and that OT 3s had lots more BTs, and then started writing science fiction novels. Mary Sue was headed to federal prison; and what was to become Armstrong vs Church of Scientology, culminating in the 1984 Breckenridge findings, was at its earliest stages.

No, this was before that, and the secretive shell of Scientology had not yet begun to crack. Such an innocent time.

An 'Advance!' magazine cover from the mid 1970s:

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/7eccea1c4d02079ab0a7480500c85dc9cb2fe942/687474703a2f2f6935362e74696e797069632e636f6d2f326e 73397774652e6a7067/http://i56.tinypic.com/2ns9wte.jpg

http://mikemcclaughry.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/advance0026000.jpg

I can be addressed
But in our temples best
Address me and you address
Lord Buddha.
Address Lord Buddha
And you then address
Metteyya.

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Hymn of Asia'

An interesting time indeed...

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/normandy1.gif

http://www.holysmoke.org/pc/freak1.gif

_________

While some reflect upon that time with fondness, which is understandable, I hope that the ironies, and, yes, the darkness - and the source of the darkness, L. Ron Hubbard - will not be ignored in your biography.

In some ways, Yvonne was a casualty of that darkness and, I hope, that's acknowledged, along with her own unique glowing spirit and personality.

The Anabaptist Jacques
19th October 2013, 10:58 AM
Veda, do you know who the initials are?

Do you know the last name of the guy named Randy?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Veda
19th October 2013, 06:43 PM
Veda, do you know who the initials are?

Do you know the last name of the guy named Randy?

The Anabaptist Jacques

I don't have a definitive answer to your questions. It would be good to have a full "de-coding" of this and other related docs. Do you know? :)

SanDiegoMember
19th October 2013, 06:44 PM
Veda;

I am still working on the last chapter of Yvonne's bio, which deals with the last months of her life. The information that I obtained for that last chapter made me very sad but also very angry, yet I gave it my best to write it as objectively as I could. Her story is neither a whitewash of Scientology nor a blast at it. I wrote from what I uncovered.

Yvonne was not perfect, but she is important enough to me to have devoted several thousand hours writing this free bio of her. Tomorrow you can judge how well the story portrays her.

Thanks;

Howard

The Anabaptist Jacques
19th October 2013, 08:02 PM
I don't have a definitive answer to your questions. It would be good to have a full "de-coding" of this and other related docs. Do you know? :)

No. I wish I did.

The Anabaptist Jacques

SanDiegoMember
20th October 2013, 05:15 PM
Yvonne Doreen Gillham Jentzsch, founder of Scientology’s Celebrity Centres, was born October 20, 1927. This year her birthday is being celebrated by the release of her in depth biography. The research for the story of her life took over seventeen months and resulted in a piece of work which contains over thirty one thousand words and one hundred fifty seven pictures. Many people who knew and interacted with Yvonne contributed their firsthand knowledge to this story and as such, her biography also documents events in the history of Scientology.

Yvonne’s life story is located on SCIENTOLiPEDIA’S website and is free for all to see. The address to her biography is – http://scientolipedia.org/info/Yvonne_Gillham_Jentzsch

Please spread the word!

Howard Dickman

TG1
20th October 2013, 05:29 PM
Howard,

I appreciate your affection for Yvonne and your warm feelings for her and the relationship you shared.

But except as a "love offering" by Yvonne's family and close friends for her other friends who loved her in life, I fear you've picked one of the least friendly times to launch a biography of ANYONE who was a leader within the Church of Scientology.

Obviously, I haven't read your biography. And since you say it isn't a hagiography, I'll take you at your word. And obviously, you know all this as well or better than I do.

But these days, I'm just more interested in spending my reading time slogging through legal documents as I try to follow the glorious fast and fatal footwork of the Church of Scientology as it's besieged on multiple fronts by ex-Scientologists seeking justice.

TG1

SanDiegoMember
20th October 2013, 07:02 PM
Howard,

I appreciate your affection for Yvonne and your warm feelings for her and the relationship you shared.

But except as a "love offering" by Yvonne's family and close friends for her other friends who loved her in life, I fear you've picked one of the least friendly times to launch a biography of ANYONE who was a leader within the Church of Scientology.

Obviously, I haven't read your biography. And since you say it isn't a hagiography, I'll take you at your word. And obviously, you know all this as well or better than I do.

But these days, I'm just more interested in spending my reading time slogging through legal documents as I try to follow the glorious fast and fatal footwork of the Church of Scientology as it's besieged on multiple fronts by ex-Scientologists seeking justice.

TG1

I understand where you are coming from and we thought about that. After 17 months of work, we were ready to launch it. The rate of decline with Corporate Scientology is going to just get faster and faster.

I believe her story is ready to be told.

Thanks;

Howard

afaceinthecrowd
20th October 2013, 07:10 PM
Thank you, Howard...Yvonne well deserves having her story told and you have done one helluva fine job of it! :yes::clap::thumbsup:

Face:)

frhidden
21st October 2013, 02:08 PM
Thank you Howard. A massive effort. A great read. Very useful as a cross reference to what I have read elsewhere and to what I have personally experienced.

Dean Blair
21st October 2013, 05:01 PM
Thank you Howard for all of your efforts in putting this together. You have done a very good job. I might suggest that you send this to the independent Scientologist web sites as I am sure they would be much more receptive to it than many of us here. I like the fact that you did this mostly because DM has tried to erase the history of some of the good and important people in Scientology and how they influenced it. Your biography of Yvonne kinda undoes DM's
dirty work.

AnonyMary
21st October 2013, 05:35 PM
Howard, I received yet another email from thetaburst, now with your story. No offense personally but please have thetaburst.org take me off their mailing list ( which I have unsubscribed to 3 times to no avail). I am not a scientologist, as they state I am in the Dear Scientologist start of each email.

Mary McConnell
email xscilentologist @ yahoo.com

SanDiegoMember
21st October 2013, 06:53 PM
Howard, I received yet another email from thetaburst, now with your story. No offense personally but please have thetaburst.org take me off their mailing list ( which I have unsubscribed to 3 times to no avail). I am not a scientologist, as they state I am in the Dear Scientologist start of each email.

Mary McConnell
email xscilentologist @ yahoo.com

So sorry about that Mary. I was not part of that mailing, which was used solely to get the bio in front of as many people as possible in a short about of time. I personally promoted Yvonne's bio on this site, ten Facebook Scientology groups that I belong to and then 50 personal e-mails to those who helped me on her bio. I have no dealings with Thetaburst.

Howard

SanDiegoMember
28th November 2013, 03:33 AM
Even though Yvonne's bio is up and available for the world to read, I have not gone away. I just recently added a picture of the key to the city of Galveston, Texas, which was presented to Yvonne. Some new info has trickled in and will be added at a later date.

However tonight I want to send out a special request. This medium, the ESMB, has lots of readers and it is to them that I address this request.

Some background first though. I have heard of several instances where a person's Scientology memorabilia is confiscated when they leave Scientology. I know for a fact that this was the case for the person who sent me to the RPF, the ED of the Church of Scientology of San Diego. I know of others. This was also the case with Yvonne's children. In fact a good portion of the pictures that are on Yvonne's bio were unknown to the family.

So here is my request, please spread the word for me.

I am hoping to find video of Yvonne. There has got to be some footage of her out there somewhere. Please help me find it.

Thanks so much;

Howard Dickman

AnonKat
19th December 2013, 10:14 PM
please elaborate

Cat daddy | December 19, 2013 at 5:58 am | Reply

I just learned that Hubbard tried his moves on Yvonne, than Wife of Heber.

The man had no descency, not that i am an angel.

Michael Hobson | December 19, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Reply

Spreading vague, unverifiable defamatory rumors is certainly not the trait of an angel. That you are not one is probably the only bit of truth in the above.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
Cat daddy | December 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Reply
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I ask you, can you say in all honesty that L Ron Hubbard was a faithfull husband

checkmate

It is in this Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qfhnwhynk

SanDiegoMember
19th December 2013, 11:53 PM
Hubbard's advances toward Yvonne is covered in the Sea Org chapter of her biography.

SanDiegoMember
20th October 2014, 01:48 PM
October 20, 2014

Today marks the one year anniversary of Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch’s on-line biography. Her story is a fascinating one, filled with eyewitness accounts of her life as well as a history of Scientology, the Sea Org and Celebrity Centre.

So far her biography page has been viewed 18,381 times. Her biography is here -http://scientolipedia.org/info/Yvonne_Gillham_Jentzsch. Please help me spread the word about Yvonne’s life. May it remind us that despite what Scientology has mutated into, there were fabulous people involved in it, of which Yvonne’s star shone the brightest.

Today I want to reveal another whose star shines great for me.

During the research for Yvonne’s biography I went to great lengths to get time, place, form and event for her story and that of the history of Scientology. But I also had the help of an extraordinary lady. She took on the task of editing all of Yvonne’s chapters up to and including the Sea Org chapter. That was a lot of volunteer work, let me tell you. In addition to her wonderful editing abilities, she was also one of Yvonne’s best friends and a first person witness to many of the events documented in the biography.

I’d like to publicly acknowledge Hana Eltringham Whitfield for her untiring work on Yvonne’s biography. Thank you Hana for being there when I needed you.

Howard Dickman

Commander Birdsong
20th October 2014, 10:02 PM
Flag Order #232, dated October 10, 1967 implemented the Sea Org's "billion year" contracts. For the historians out there, I have obtained a digital copy of the 6th Sea Org signed contract dated October 14, 1967 from the actual owner of the document. I plan on displaying this historical document on Yvonne's Bio website.

With all the stories of Celebrity Center on the internet I thought that this part of her bio would be the easiest. Was I wrong, this is going to take some time to set the story straight!

Howard Dickman

o boy!!!

a t-shirt reading "FUCK FLAG ORDER 232!" might be profitably popular in a niche market...