PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny tribute to Shawn Lonsdale

Div6
3rd March 2008, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDHXu1PjoRA

Escalus
3rd March 2008, 12:12 AM
You know, back in the days of apartheid in S. Africa there was a pretty big movement that staged a complete international boycott of a resort there called Sun City. Wondering out loud... what if there was the same call against Clearwater as a vacation spot?

Div6
3rd March 2008, 01:26 AM
You know, back in the days of apartheid in S. Africa there was a pretty big movement that staged a complete international boycott of a resort there called Sun City. Wondering out loud... what if there was the same call against Clearwater as a vacation spot?

Didn't Miles Davis do a recording about that?

Free to shine
3rd March 2008, 01:37 AM
That is a very powerful, moving and sincere tribute. Wow.

It's a shame the video has caricatures in the early stages though. It really should be presented totally in documentary style, in my opinion.

Escalus
3rd March 2008, 03:16 AM
Didn't Miles Davis do a recording about that?

Miles Davis, Springsteen, U2. Dylan, lots of folks. "Ain't gonna play Sun City". But I have no idea how to start a boycott of Clearwater...

Zinjifar
3rd March 2008, 06:51 AM
Miles Davis, Springsteen, U2. Dylan, lots of folks. "Ain't gonna play Sun City". But I have no idea how to start a boycott of Clearwater...

You don't need a boycott. All you need is enough pull to get billboard renters to carry critical signs.

Any other religion could survive open crticism with barely a sneeze. Scientology cannot.

Offer information and an escape route and Scientology dies.

Zinj