PDA

View Full Version : A Request from CHALLENGE

Challenge
11th September 2008, 08:00 PM
Many of you know my true identity. That's totally ok with me. Anyone who doesn't know by now who CHLNG is, and wants to know, can ask and you will be told.
My request is that you do not call me by my true name here. My reason for that is that my true name is listed on the "Do Not Read" ClamNanny. I would appreciate it if lurking Scn members could click on the posts made by Challenge, and not be shunted off the message by the 'Nanny'.
There is one here ( you know who you are) who habitually addresses me by my given name. Please honor my request to be addressed by my "nick" only.

TIA

CHLNG

Div6
11th September 2008, 08:12 PM
Is the Clam Nanny software still being distributed by Scn Inc? I have not heard of any recent distribution in several years.

klidov
11th September 2008, 09:05 PM
Many of you know my true identity. That's totally ok with me. Anyone who doesn't know by now who CHLNG is, and wants to know, can ask and you will be told.
My request is that you do not call me by my true name here. My reason for that is that my true name is listed on the "Do Not Read" ClamNanny. I would appreciate it if lurking Scn members could click on the posts made by Challenge, and not be shunted off the message by the 'Nanny'.
There is one here ( you know who you are) who habitually addresses me by my given name. Please honor my request to be addressed by my "nick" only.

TIA

CHLNG

O.K., even if I knew your real name, I would not address you by it.

:)

Iknowtoomuch
11th September 2008, 09:31 PM
I thought that was common courtesy here??:unsure:

gomorrhan
11th September 2008, 10:33 PM
You can call me Kevin.

That, after all, is my name. I find that when people address me by it, I know they are talking to me. They also know they are talking to me. I find that otherwise, they don't know who they are talking to, and neither do I.

I'm aware that some people have a problem with the Church trying to stop people from communicating with them, and that the Net Nanny serves this purpose. I had no idea it could actually stop them from seeing posts in a forum based on the user posting.

This is the point in time where I throw in the towel and say fuck it. Seriously, people managing what you are allowed to see by installing a censor on your computer?

Seriously?

Scientologists are a complete joke if they allow this.

Zinjifar
11th September 2008, 10:37 PM
They no longer 'allow it'. The 'Clam-nanny'/'Scieno-Sitter' worked only on Windows 95, and, if anybody's using that, they have far more serious problems than not being able to read a name.

But, it's rude to use a name for someone who posts with a nick *unless they specifically allow it*. Whether the name is well known or not.

But, there are so many new people online nowdays, that, that bit of netiquette is probably unknown to many.

Zinj

Andrew
12th September 2008, 12:59 AM
They no longer 'allow it'. The 'Clam-nanny'/'Scieno-Sitter' worked only on Windows 95, and, if anybody's using that, they have far more serious problems than not being able to read a name.

Yes they do.

Though I was doing some Tech support a year ago for some Hotels in Melb.

One had all of their reception pc's with Windows '95 still on it.

Another had theirs still running on DOS with the old Fluro green monitors.

(These were 4 & 5 star hotels too)

Cheap bastards!

quietheart
13th September 2008, 02:01 AM
np, the way I handle it is I only use real names in pm's, unless the person has their name in their sig.
Es