PDA

View Full Version : David Miscavige – World’s Youngest Billionaire – Time for Accounting

Lovinglife625
25th April 2007, 07:32 PM
If one follows many points that I and countless others have made on here and elsewhere, they can clearly see that David Miscavige (“DM”) runs complete control over the many and varied corporations, associations, trusts and other legal fictions of organized scientology.

This is despite many statements he has made to the contrary in courts and elsewhere.

To just list one of many different examples that has not already been used many times before, I could point out that “the church” has said things like the following in one of its submissions to the IRS on the subject of control and use of “church funds”:

“The ecclesiastical body within the hierarchical church's Finance Network with primary responsibility for managing central reserves is the Reserves Committee. At present, each member of the Reserves Committee is a full-time staff member of CSI holding a high ecclesiastical position. The purpose of the Reserves Committee is to ensure that central reserves are kept safe, expended only for purposes of the religion, and are increased to
assure continued expansion of the church and broader defense and dissemination of the religion……..

The Reserves Committee itself consists of five CSI staff personnel — WDC Chairman, WDC Reserves, International Finance Director, SOR Chief, and Reserves Board Finance Officer.

The specific responsibilities and functions of each of these members; are:

1. WDC Chairman. WDC Chairman, CSI's most senior ecclesiastical official, chairs the Watchdog Committee ("WDC"), which oversees the ecclesiastical management structure of the Church. WDC Chairman serves as the chief executive officer of WDC.

2. WDC Reserves. WDC Reserves is CSI's highest ecclesiastical authority with respect to central reserves. WDC Reserves is the member of WDC who oversees the finance network and reserves system of the religion. WDC Reserves has the responsibility of keeping WDC informed as to all financial matters of the Church.

3. International Finance Director. ……

4. Sea Org Reserves Chief. The Sea Org Reserves Chief ("SOR Chief") …….

5. Reserves Flag Banking Officer……..

Ideally, proposals for expenditures from central reserves will be prepared long before the expenditure is necessary so they can be incorporated into the Finance Network's annual budget projections for large, known expenses and into proposed projects for the upcoming year. These long-term budget projections are used to establish a stable base against which more detailed budgets are developed for each month and week of the ensuing year, as well as for coordinating with management on planning and execution. However, since the need for funding from central reserves can arise at any time during the year, organizations often submit their proposals for reserves expenditures when the need arises. Regardless of when submitted, all proposals are processed by the Reserves Committee under the same procedure, as outlined above.

The Reserves Committee does not have unfettered control over reserves accounts, however, if a proposal involves any large, unusual expenditure for a particular church or trust, it must be approved by the Board of Directors or Trustees of the church or trust concerned, but only after ecclesiastical approval by management and financial approval by WDC and the Reserves Committee”. (emphasis added by myself)

OK, there are a lot of things interesting about just this relatively small quote with respect to control of the funds. For example if you know any of it to be false (local Board of Directors and Trustees having to approve these expenditures, which is ludicrous in scientology as the locals have no control of this, etc.) , you could supply that information as part of the Factnet questionnaire mentioned below.

It’s kind of “cute” how they use such terms as “ecclesiastical body”, “ecclesiastical management structure” and “hierarchical church” in submissions when they want the religious cloaking and protection afforded by US law but will in a heartbeat claim no central control and hide behind corporate veils when matters of potential legal liability surface. When they do this, they leave a trail of provable lies.

But I point this out to show another angle of how they lie about DM’s control of the funds. They “point out” to the IRS that there are these five staff members within CSI on the “Reserves Committee” apparently some how controlling the usage of these millions of dollars. But they neglect to point out things like the fact that DM has busted, beaten, sent to hard labor and/or otherwise abused most if not all of those folks and ran many of their duties himself. Interesting omission!

What DM has is the ultimate control of “the church’s” many millions, if not now billions of dollars scattered throughout the world.

Many of us know how he brutally seized control of first all “the church” entities and their accounts and then did the same with Hubbard’s fortune after Hubbard died.

Countless people have been beaten, financially destroyed and/or otherwise horribly abused as part of this takeover.

And countless lies have been made in courts, to the IRS, other government bodies and the like to cover this all up.

Much of this has been covered many times in many posts so I will not be elaborating on this area specifically as part of this post.

But, as I often do these days, I do want to refer all concerned again to the ongoing investigation into crimes and abuses as covered in the attached link. And I highly recommend anyone who has information, and who is comfortable with doing this, to share the information as per that post.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/f43bc1dface4fd5f/2720e202cc0cdcff#2720e202cc0cdcff

That said, what I would like to focus on in this post is financial accountability and something that might be called “socially conscious investing” for all that money controlled by DM.

What of the monies might have gone to DM’s personal use and/or to his friends is another matter. That is covered in the above link about the Factnet questionnaire.

What I am talking about now is how are those funds really invested and is that done in a socially conscious way as you might expect a church to invest.

Other churches of which I am aware have oversight committees or other people or bodies who oversee their investments to try to ensure they are as wise as possible and that they are socially conscious investments that are consistent with the stated aims and purposes of the church.

For example most churches would thus not want to invest in activities they would consider harmful or contrary to the public good such as currency speculation that might lead to the collapse of local economies or forms of short selling that depend on destroying companies and lost jobs so that you might gain a high financial return.

Even Hubbard spoke out against such types of manipulation he considered was taken by the likes of many he considered to be his enemies such as “the world bank” in their “unscrupulous” actions of money speculation and such.

So is DM engaging in such socially beneficial investments on behalf of his “church” as he would like the world to believe? Are their investment activities compatible with the glowing PR they send out all over the world about how wonderful they are?

In what have they really been investing, besides real property, in the past 25 years under DM?

Well, the public does not know and there are ZERO oversight committees or persons checking on or having any real say in what DM does with the money of his “church”.

That in and of itself should be a red flag. Especially as I am understanding information now coming in from those once connected such as DM demanding some 25% return on investments and, to get same, some highly speculative, high risk and non socially conscious investing being done.

This investigation is in an early stage but red flags are flying here and I would highly recommend that anyone newly out with information of a public interest on this matter share it as part of the Factnet inquiry.

How very odd that so very many millions invested by what promotes itself as a “church”, yet is solely controlled by one man, who has made much personal financial gain from same and who has a reputation of lies, abuse and the like has no real oversight whatsoever.

IMHO

Larry

OHTEEATE
27th April 2007, 10:46 PM
...which leads us to the interesting fact that one REED SLATKIN was supposedly giving 25% return or more on investments... maybe a red flag needs to get stuck over THERE to be THOROUGHLY checked into.(have I missed any Withholds yet, Dave?)

Royal Prince Xenu
20th May 2007, 03:56 PM
Does anyone dare tell the "story" of DM? If you do, please keep it concise.

Little Bear Victor
29th July 2007, 03:15 PM
That in and of itself should be a red flag. Especially as I am understanding information now coming in from those once connected such as DM demanding some 25% return on investments and, to get same, some highly speculative, high risk and non socially conscious investing being done.

Larry,

Thanks for that very well written overview.

Although all of it is (deservedly so) alarming to say the least, the above quote made me realize that he even has a plan on how to not get constant legal battles eating into his income: take it out of the ROI! Taking into account inflation, it seems to match my estimate of how much he is spending on legal cases to try and take critics out of the game. What a fun game it is he is playing!

Which brings me to wonder: Does one's conscience reside in the reactive mind and get cleared away with the rest of the junk? That would make it possible to do this sort of thing with a clear conscience. (Hope nobody takes that irony personally. I just can't fathom how this monster was created.)

V

Lulu Belle
29th July 2007, 03:29 PM
Taking into account inflation, it seems to match my estimate of how much he is spending on legal cases to try and take critics out of the game.

How much is he spending to do this?

What exactly is he doing to get rid of critics?

Would love to hear anything you know about this.

Little Bear Victor
29th July 2007, 04:53 PM
How much is he spending to do this?

What exactly is he doing to get rid of critics?

Would love to hear anything you know about this.

Sorry, you hear about almost none of this when youu're in the inside, so my estimates and knowledge are based on what I've read since.

But, for a comparison of what you know when you're at Int, I may provide this:

You only hear of the most outstanding efforts, such as Keith Hanson, especially since he had the balls to come and demonstrate outside the base and we got to play hide and seek for days so as to be exposed to, I guess, Xenu propaganda. And you only hear what an insane maniac, child-eating massmurdered he apparently is. (slight exaggeration, but not much, I think the actual line was that he keeps severed heads of dead people in his refridgerator, so you don't want to get anywhere near him, something like that.)

You also heard of the Lisa McPherson trial and how those horrible SPs were taking advantage of an untimely death that unfortunately had taken place during Lisa's visit to Flag. And that the death was somehow related to her earlier psych treatment and the fact she had blood clots and went type 3 because of these factors.

The third flap you heard anything of was the accidental fall of a person from FH window. Again, this was a terrible accident and SPs were running wild trying to make money out of this tragedy.

But the Church always wins any of these legal cases, so you don't have to worry abou it too much. It's just SPs, doing what they do.

That's how you are briefed at Int. This is almost the entire extent of what you would know. Not the same exact story you hear outside, is it?

V

Terril park
30th July 2007, 12:38 AM
Sorry, you hear about almost none of this when youu're in the inside, so my estimates and knowledge are based on what I've read since.

You only hear of the most outstanding efforts, such as Keith Hanson, especially since he had the balls to come and demonstrate outside the base and we got to play hide and seek for days so as to be exposed to, I guess, Xenu propaganda. And you only hear what an insane maniac, child-eating massmurdered he apparently is. (slight exaggeration, but not much, I think the actual line was that he keeps severed heads of dead people in his refridgerator, so you don't want to get anywhere near him, something like that.)

You also heard of the Lisa McPherson trial and how those horrible SPs were taking advantage of an untimely death that unfortunately had taken place during Lisa's visit to Flag. And that the death was somehow related to her earlier psych treatment and the fact she had blood clots and went type 3 because of these factors.

The third flap you heard anything of was the accidental fall of a person from FH window. Again, this was a terrible accident and SPs were running wild trying to make money out of this tragedy.

But the Church always wins any of these legal cases, so you don't have to worry abou it too much. It's just SPs, doing what they do.

That's how you are briefed at Int. This is almost the entire extent of what you would know. Not the same exact story you hear outside, is it?

V

Please don't stop posting Victor. :)

karokahn
30th July 2009, 11:44 PM
Frankly, I don't see why the IRS doesn't start a new round of confrontation with the CoS. The FBI could get someone on the inside, maybe also the outside (someone please pass the Mayo), and in concert together, the IRS and FBI can work to put the last nail in the coffin of the CoS, and it's tax-free status as well.

Leon
31st July 2009, 02:32 AM

V

This is an outrageous calumny of a very brave man. David Miscavidge is the ONLY person in the CofS hierarchy who has his focus TOTALLY on the fourth dynamic. ALL of his efforts are fully pan-determined and are directed to producing the conditions needed to have the 4th D engram erased, and here you go calling him names! Shame on you!

While so many others are stuck with their heads up their 1st, 2nd and 3rd dynamic arses, (clearly a bunch of degraded beings and SP losers) - ONLY HE is completely in-ethics enough to know what needs to be done and ONLY HE has the BALLS TO DO IT.

So there! The whole agonised future of every man, woman and child depends utterly on what the SOB (ummm, I mean the COB) is doing here and now with and in Scientology.

alex
31st July 2009, 08:04 PM
This is an outrageous calumny of a very brave man. David Miscavidge is the ONLY person in the CofS hierarchy who has his focus TOTALLY on the fourth dynamic. ALL of his efforts are fully pan-determined and are directed to producing the conditions needed to have the 4th D engram erased, and here you go calling him names! Shame on you!

While so many others are stuck with their heads up their 1st, 2nd and 3rd dynamic arses, (clearly a bunch of degraded beings and SP losers) - ONLY HE is completely in-ethics enough to know what needs to be done and ONLY HE has the BALLS TO DO IT.

So there! The whole agonised future of every man, woman and child depends utterly on what the SOB (ummm, I mean the COB) is doing here and now with and in Scientology.

You'd be wise to put a smiley on that Leon, lest some misunderstand...
:)

Your first two paragraphs are actually totally true.....in one little mans mind!

Leon
31st July 2009, 10:11 PM
Good to see you back!