PDA

View Full Version : CO$ ENVIRONMENTAL TASK FORCE???

Tigger
4th May 2007, 04:20 PM
Another $CN front group?

Tigger

Pacific Publishing Company -

A Sunny Outcome to Earth Day (http://www.zwire.com/site/tab2.cfm?BRD=855&dept_id=584199&newsid=18299793&PAG=461&rfi=9)

05/04/2007A sunny outcome to Earth Day

Members of the Environmental Task Force setting new, righteous plants in the upper park. Photo by Ann R. Pearce

On April 21, under clouds and slight drizzle, Kinnear Park got a top-to-bottom cleanup in honor of Earth Day 2007. Sponsored by Seattle Parks and Recreation and the Church of Scientology Environmental Task Force, about 75 people came together from the community to give the park a facelift.

A large contingent of students from the University of Washington led by Tara Byrne, university student volunteer coordinator for Seattle Works, made a huge difference in the lower park - a focus of the parks department in recent months.
City Team Ministries, the Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce, Uptown Alliance and Urban Sparks were also represented, and neighbors joined in to help as well.

The Task Force, which fielded 29 volunteers, split its time between the upper park, where weeding and planting was done, and the lower park, where garbage was picked up and bark chips were laid on a hill that had been cleared of invasive plants.

Parks personnel and neighbors walking through the park expressed appreciation for the work done and the difference the concerted effort by many made in just a few short hours.

A good day for the Earth.
ŠPacific Publishing Company 2007

Tigger
4th May 2007, 04:24 PM
Looks like it's been around for some time. I don't remember having ever run into it before.

Environmental Task Force, Scientology - Google Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Environmental+Task+Force%2C+Scientology&btnG=Google+Search

Royal Prince Xenu
28th May 2007, 06:51 AM
This is certainly news to me.

When it came to 'environmentalism' in my org, the general opinion was that the difference between man and animal was that man was at cause over his environment.

I reinterpret that to mean that we are the best at f'g it up.