PDA

View Full Version : NARCONON: Tax funds end up in Scientology (Denmark)

Pooks
3rd February 2009, 10:55 PM
NARCONON: Tax funds end up in Scientology (Denmark) (DR1 21 Søndag 2009.02.01)

Here's the video with English subtitles.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6722222657154769083

SchwimmelPuckel
4th February 2009, 09:24 AM
Thank's Patty! :)

I missed that when it was aired.. And that was you in there! Way Cool!

:yes:

MarkWI
4th February 2009, 10:16 AM
Very well done Patty!

Nice how the reporters pulled the strings.

Carmel
4th February 2009, 11:12 AM
IMO that segment was better than most I've seen in regard to "both sides of the story".

To my knowledge it contained a lot of true data (but also the odd bit of false data - for example in fact, one doesn't start the purif till completely through drug withdrawls).

Yep, Narconon is a front group for Scn, and there are lots of lies and mis-representations regarding what it's about and the 'purpose' for it. At the same time, I know that the Narconon program delivered by people following the 'PR purpose', has gotten good results for many.

While I think Narconon should be disbanded, I still have the hope that people with knowledge in this area, and insight, will take the safe and workable stuff from the program and make it available outside of the CofS.

Well done to the exes, who contributed to that segment and to getting it on air. :)

SchwimmelPuckel
4th February 2009, 12:12 PM
This is interesting, because there has not been much press about CofS in Denmark. Negative or positive.. (They are shuddered into silence)

But Narconon, and particularly the Purification Rundown, gets off cheap. The baffling idiocy of Hubbards 'scientific' claims about why it works go unaddressed.

Niacin releasing 'radiation' from the body.. Hubbard even confusus nicotine with niacine..
www.xenu.net/archive/media_vault/ Smoking (Ram soundfile) (http://www.xenu.net/archive/media_vault/Smoking.ra )
From SHSBC-35 6107C19, Q-and-A Period: Auditor Effect on Meter, 19th July 1961:

"So I thought that it might be a good thing to know in event of atomic war that we would get -- we might have some chemical assist so that maybe the people who were only slightly frazzled and so forth, could -- could come out of it. And it would have to be very simple. It would have to be some common drug, some common pill.
Well, there are societies in England that are having an awfully good time fighting the cigarette. They can't do anything else, so they fight cigarettes. And they say that the cigarette causes lung cancer. And they've -- you've been hearing something of this, I'm sure. Yeah. Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer. Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer! If anybody is getting a cancerous activity in the lung, the probabilities are that it's radiation dosage coupled with the fact that he smokes. And what it does is start to run out the radiation dosage, don't you see. But I'd say that would be better than not running out any of the radiation dosage at all and the number of lung cancer cases which exist, of course, that don't smoke are just forgotten about by these societies, but they are very numerous.

Anyway, there's nicotinic acid in that cigarette. Inevitably, on inhalation of tobacco, you will get some of this phenomena of face flush, but in view of the fact that a cigarette isn't pushing its smoke over the outside of the body but on the inside, of course, you run it out internally "(My bolding in the above) ...Now we need to know how to 'run out' blithering idiocy?

The whole idea that you can 'sweat' out drugs.. There is NO pollutants in sweat! - The body excretes it's crap, well, in the piss and crap.

Now, it may be a lot to ask respected and responsible scientists to look Hubbards insane drivel over and refute it.. But it needs to be done! - There are people who get lured into believing in it and being subjected to potentially dangerous therapy.

I did a fast search and found this link:
www.docstoc.com/Purification Rundown; Critical Analysis (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/953956/PURIFICATION-RUNDOWN-CRITICAL-ANALYSIS)

Erhmm.. 'There's no such thing as a fat cell!' (Hubbard) - I thought it was 'chemical imbalance' there was no such thing as?

If that's so.. What's the Purification Rundown for anyway?

:screwy:

Carmel
4th February 2009, 12:32 PM
This is interesting, because there has not been much press about CofS in Denmark. Negative or positive.. (They are shuddered into silence)

But Narconon, and particularly the Purification Rundown, gets off cheap. The baffling idiocy of Hubbards 'scientific' claims about why it works go unaddressed.

Niacin releasing 'radiation' from the body.. Hubbard even confusus nicotine with niacine.. (My bolding in the above) ...Now we need to know how to 'run out' blithering idiocy?

The whole idea that you can 'sweat' out drugs.. There is NO pollutants in sweat! - The body excretes it's crap, well, in the piss and crap.

Now, it may be a lot to ask respected and responsible scientists to look Hubbards insane drivel over and refute it.. But it needs to be done! - There are people who get lured into believing in it and being subjected to potentially dangerous therapy.

I did a fast search and found this link:
www.docstoc.com/Purification Rundown; Critical Analysis (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/953956/PURIFICATION-RUNDOWN-CRITICAL-ANALYSIS)

Erhmm.. 'There's no such thing as a fat cell!' (Hubbard) - I thought it was 'chemical imbalance' there was no such thing as?

If that's so.. What's the Purification Rundown for anyway?

:screwy:

Agreed that there's a lot about the purif from LRH that's pretty screwy. A lot of contradictions for sure, and after "leaving" the CofS and looking at various data on it....crikey!

Can't deny though what I experienced myself, and what I witnessed others experience. I won't deny that there's a lot about the narconon program that I think is good stuff, but I also won't deny that there's more about the purif that needs checking into (I don't believe it's all crap, but nor do I believe that it's all good).

Regarding the segment - what's the scoop with them being "shuddered into silence"? How long has scn been in Denmark? I think I've made the mistake of grouping Denmark with the likes of France and Germany as far as press goes. Can ya clarify for this dummy in the southern hemisphere?

SchwimmelPuckel
4th February 2009, 12:52 PM
Last instance of the press going hard up against them was a case where CoS sued a newspaper (Ekstra Bladet), or the reporter, Jakob Andersen, for calling them a fraud. That was when I was in the GO, so about 1979 -82.. They lost the case.

We gloated about that in the GO.. 'Our PR and Legal has 'em shuddered into silence!' - Big win! - Ok, it's my interpretation that the media here is still 'shuddered into silence'.

Since then nothing significant has been printed. Media tiptoing cautiously about the issue.. Occasionally even straight OSA scripts has gotten into print.

But lately there has been signs of change.. More critical articles. So the danish media is getting more feisty like in the rest of the world.

This tv broadcast is the most critical I've seen in a long time!

Carmel
4th February 2009, 01:00 PM
Last instance of the press going hard up against them was a case where CoS sued a newspaper (Ekstra Bladet), or the reporter, Jakob Andersen, for calling them a fraud. That was when I was in the GO, so about 1979 -82.. They lost the case.

We gloated about that in the GO.. 'Our PR and Legal has 'em shuddered into silence!' - Big win! - Ok, it's my interpretation that the media here is still 'shuddered into silence'.

Since then nothing significant has been printed. Media tiptoing cautiously about the issue.. Occasionally even straight OSA scripts has gotten into print.

But lately there has been signs of change.. More critical articles. So the danish media is getting more feisty like in the rest of the world.

This tv broadcast is the most critical I've seen in a long time!

Thanks for the info. Looks like they're balls are growing again after being stunted - that's great! Good on th'm! :thumbsup:

Once bitten
4th February 2009, 08:16 PM
There has been a general nose-thumbing to the fears that OSA has instilled of late, globally. This will snowball imo, with more people from the media taking on the cofs and making them answerable.

Good on the exes who are coming out to speak, and thanks to the internet for the platform. :thumbsup: