PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 07:13 AM
Hello all,

it's good to finally be on here and posting. I'm from Australia and did well over 10 years. Ex-staff too.

Cheers
Happy Aberree

Rae
16th February 2009, 07:19 AM
Hello all,

it's good to finally be on here and posting. I'm from Australia and did well over 10 years. Ex-staff too.

Cheers
Happy Aberree

Welcome to the board HA! Feel free to tell a story or two when you're ready.

Rae

Mrs Pattycake
16th February 2009, 07:19 AM
Welcome Happy Aberee !!!

just wondering is there anybody left in the orgs in anzo or is everyone here now ?

:happydance:

Iknowtoomuch
16th February 2009, 07:44 AM
I thought you were going to post a story?

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome Mrs Pattycake and you to Rae. I will tell my story soon I'm sure.

I reckon the balance is definitely going toward the ex's. I didn't have a broad number of friends in the field and didn't do the whole 'event' thing very often, but you still hear about people turning.

A mate of mine said an interesting thing to me recently: 'The scns you probably think are in could easily be out too -- you wouldn't know'

That had never even occurred to me. It does make me feel a lot better about stuff (friends and family etc).

Thanks again

Carmel
16th February 2009, 09:01 AM
<snip>
I reckon the balance is definitely going toward the ex's. I didn't have a broad number of friends in the field and didn't do the whole 'event' thing very often, but you still hear about people turning.

A mate of mine said an interesting thing to me recently: 'The scns you probably think are in could easily be out too -- you wouldn't know'

<snip>

You betchya! :yes: There are many here in the same boat as you. At the same time, it would be somewhat foolish IMO, to just "come out" without helping your close friends and family see what you are now seeing, before you do so - 'cause after that, you may not have the chance.

A big huge welcome Happy Aberree - there are friends and truths here, that will certainly set you and yours free! :happydance:

Love,
Carmel :)

Tim Skog
16th February 2009, 09:39 AM
Hello Happy Aberree. Welcome to ESMB.

scooter
16th February 2009, 10:05 AM
:welcome2: Happy Aberree.

Another :kangaroo: on ESMB -yippee :happydance:

Can't wait for your story :drama:

But like Carmel says, take out as many as you can before you go public:D

PM me if ya know me - would love to chat :coolwink:

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks Tim Skog I appreciate it.

I would certainly like to know how everybody here seems to know how to grab sections of text that have been said by people and put them in their own reply... not only am I new to this site, I am new to forums in general. I will work it out in the end.

To Carmel, I agree with what you said about helping others who are still in. It is definitely a possibility for the future with at least one or two from my current position.

Once I jog my memory, I'll post a story of my time in $cn. Thanks again for all the welcome from you all.

HA

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks Scooter,

aren't most of the people on this site from oz?

I actually thought it was an aussie site when I first saw it.

HA

Dulloldfart
16th February 2009, 10:52 AM
I would certainly like to know how everybody here seems to know how to grab sections of text that have been said by people and put them in their own reply... not only am I new to this site, I am new to forums in general. I will work it out in the end.

Hi HA,

Hit the "Quote" button, bottom right of the post you want to quote. An edit box will appear. In it, edit out what you don't need for your response. If you want to break it up use the icon in the edit box that looks like a square speech bubble - just highlight what you want to break off and QUOTE tags will appear around it in the edit box and it will show up in the final post as a separate quote. To quote multiple posts, hit the " icon (before you hit any Quote button) on the first post - note it glows red - and whichever subsequent ones you want - and then on the last one hit the Quote button too. And use "Preview" because it's easy to screw up!

Bye HA,
Paul

Human Again
16th February 2009, 10:54 AM
Welcome Happy Ab :D

Dulloldfart
16th February 2009, 10:57 AM

Whoops. We have a HA. Maybe you'd better be a HAb. :)

Paul

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi HA,

Hit the "Quote" button, bottom right of the post you want to quote. An edit box will appear. In it, edit out what you don't need for your response. If you want to break it up use the icon in the edit box that looks like a square speech bubble - just highlight what you want to break off and QUOTE tags will appear around it in the edit box and it will show up in the final post as a separate quote. To quote multiple posts, hit the " icon (before you hit any Quote button) on the first post - note it glows red - and whichever subsequent ones you want - and then on the last one hit the Quote button too. And use "Preview" because it's easy to screw up!

Bye HA,
Paul

THANK YOU! These are pearls.
And nice to meet you
HA

Thanks also to Human Again -- good to be here.
HA

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 11:03 AM

Sorry, didn't know there was a HA. Thanks for the welcome Human Again. I will gladly be HAB

Whoops. We have a HA. Maybe you'd better be a HAb. :)

Paul

Good point, I'll go with HAB.

HAB

Tiger Lily
16th February 2009, 12:51 PM
Welcome Happy Aberee! Great to have you here!

I'm relatively new to all this too (ESMB and forums in general) -- It's fantastic.

Looking forward to your story,:)

-TL

Happy Aberree
16th February 2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Tiger Lily, appreciate all the support

HAB