View RSS Feed

Kutta

1. Side swiped a second time

Quote Originally Posted by Kutta View Post
    I would like to clarify that I don't believe in Hinduism, but I did find it fascinating to contemplate its tenets. The philosophy, the narratives, the theories, the practices, though I do not remember much now, I found mesmerizingly beautiful so complex, so many strands all connected like synapses in a gigantic web of nerve paths.

How all of that plays out in society, how it has played out through history, enthralled me. It is a world view vastly different from my western vantage
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Side swiped a second time

John P, you are so right. I agree with every word you have written. Thank you.

Dagwood, I couldn't teach Sally anything. Her writing is deep and reflective. She can search within with extraordinary perception, and communicate so that we understand. She has outstanding literary talent coupled with profound insight.

I think my writing is more like recording what I observe. I did once fancy myself as a travel writer. Only a few stories were published and I moved
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Side swiped a second time

Sally, yes, I have seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. A fantastic movie on every level. Do you remember that the troupe went to Udaipur for the funeral of the elderly gay guy? I visited Udaipur twice. So many scenes are etched in my memory from those times.

[I know I am treating this thread more like a blog. (I am blogging my posts in fact just in case at some future time I want to revisit this time, or perhaps I'll want to share it with family members.) There is precious
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Side swiped a second time

Love the simple pleasures imagery Sally. I could get off on that.

Shoes. Oh, yes. Last summer when I saw that practically all womenkind were wearing sky high shoes, and being 5' 1" and in need of some elevation, I bought some orange suede shoes with ankle straps and 4" platforms. Have only worn them about 3 times. Maybe next summer.

Sometimes when I'm not sleeping some weird stuff tracks across my mind. Last night this came up: the blessing that was
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Side swiped a second time

Thank you all. Thank you Dash for your post. No need to be delicate or tactful; I appreciate everyone's thoughts. It's wonderful that you do not have cancer, though not at all great that your liver is in need of replacing. I do hope that is done before too long and that you return to full health.

Be reassured, nobody is getting a cent out of me. Here in NZ we have a free public health system that provides excellent care for anyone with a serious complaint. Also, I've had the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast