What's new

Obvious Gaps in the Tech

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
This is L Ron Hubbard explaining to YOU, how he fucks with your mind.

The first video you suggested has a picture of him full screen & over 10 minutes of him droning on.

Dude, FLUNK !

We can talk. just not in hubbardize.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

Hubbard didn't just fail to appreciate mothers (and fathers and children for that matter) ... he actively degraded and dominated them.

He shat on any concept of true family.

I live in an American suburban world. Kids in local schools, soccer moms, mini vans, college prep, dance classes, sports camps and what little Johnny did at recess are part of my everyday life. Most of the women I meet are mothers or planning to be mothers. Not all. It's bizarre that LRH would write profusely about how to live a better life while excluding the MAIN focus of so many women. Some of this blindness can be attributed to his generation. He was born before women had the right to vote in the USA. But Hubbard had audited or CS'd or managed a lot of women and still the mothering focus wasn't addressed with much compassion. I think his deliberate ignorance of mothering is revealing his true and deep lack of love or empathy for a strong family. It was as if all mankind was supposed to embrace the love of an org staff while ditching the family. Anything else was Treason. The dude was pretty sick.

Hypatia

Pagan
Aside from the obvious lack of results and bilking zillions of dollars from those who can't afford it and the disconnection policy and the concentration camp mentality and lots of very silly drills,

I keep coming back to 2 very obvious MISSING points in Hubbard's world view of fixing everyone and everything.

1. Failure to fully appreciate mothers, motherhood, rearing children with close and loving supervision. Sheeze! This omission was/is just gigantic. How Ron missed this is testimony to his lack of vision and being self-absorbed. Even Hitler honored the mothers. It's stunning that the COS has courses, books and tapes on improving the 2D.

2. "Inspection before the fact." Hubs isolated this one precept as being the senior admin problem everywhere. Well, that might be true if you run a half-assed, fly-by-night operation where the customers are banging the doors demanding their money back. Or, if you're writing sci-fi at 2 cents a word, volume would be more important than character development. The business world that I live in is marked by close attention to details and planning. In fact, individuals or companies that don't "inspect before the fact" aren't allowed to conduct business in my world. Try getting the FDA to approve your operations on those terms. "Inspection before the fact" is a great way to run from one problem to the next with great inefficiency. It's just stupid in nearly every business situation I can think of. I guess it makes sense since LRH had no experience running a real business. LRH had a lot of experience in getting folks to work for peanuts in absolute dictatorship.

Great post.

Also there's not enough about love. Really, just about nothing. "Affinity" doesn't really cut it. Also, even if it did- there's the power of love which Hubbard never addressed. I don't think he felt love was a force. I think it is!!!!!!!

And the overt/motivator sequence does not explain everything that happens to people. It's way too intricate and yet seems to omit things? Uh, wha?

He complicated Dianetics and Scientology too much. You cannot chain everything back. You cannot address all aberrations (allegedly) accrued in a google of millenia or whatever the hell it's supposed to be. I'm not Christian but I do think my Christian friends seem a lot more together than anyone I knew in Scientology. Same with other things like Wicca or Buddhism. Are they trying to root out and find every sin or past trauma? No.

Let's suppose there really is some horrid accretion of traumas, bad actions and phobias. This might be like having a big weight on top of you. What if you could just find a way to wiggle out from underneath (I won't get too geological on this)? And then just leave the whole stinkin' mess.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Emphasis mine.

I live in an American suburban world. Kids in local schools, soccer moms, mini vans, college prep, dance classes, sports camps and what little Johnny did at recess are part of my everyday life. Most of the women I meet are mothers or planning to be mothers. Not all. It's bizarre that LRH would write profusely about how to live a better life while excluding the MAIN focus of so many women. Some of this blindness can be attributed to his generation. He was born before women had the right to vote in the USA. But Hubbard had audited or CS'd or managed a lot of women and still the mothering focus wasn't addressed with much compassion. I think his deliberate ignorance of mothering is revealing his true and deep lack of love or empathy for a strong family. It was as if all mankind was supposed to embrace the love of an org staff while ditching the family. Anything else was Treason. The dude was pretty sick.

He certainly was and it gets worse ... I believe his main focus WAS on women and that he most certainly knew how valuable they are and that's why he made so many women his most senior "execs" (Mary Sue and Jane Kember spring to mind as do so many others).

I also believe he actually disliked babies and children intensely, perhaps because they were potentially in the way of his greed and goals.

randomx

Patron with Honors
Nowhere in any of Hubbard`s writing or speaking does he inoculate his followers on how to spot, recognize or escape from dangerous cults.
It isn`t clear to me why he had a blind spot on such an important subject.

It surely would have come up in his research into how naive people can become slaves through standard cult techniques.
Other serious investigators have realized that the key techniques used by cults are.

A charismatic leader.
Love Bombing.
Thought control.
Time control
Information control.
Character assassination.

You`d think the ingredients for enslaving man would be essential subjects to be exposed in the quest to set mankind free.

Unless Hubbard wasn`t too worried about his followers falling prey to a cult.

This is the gap in the technology that made the rest of the tech possible.

The other gap in the tech is video footage of what was probably LRH`s final auditing session, where
he tried to electrocute himself.

A guaranteed F/N, cognition, and VGI`s to all viewers.
And fourteen rinses for the maid.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Further qualified: "people should simply be allowed to do what they want (within reason), as long as they don't harm others, and as long as they don't demand others pay for (or otherwise subsidize) their choices".
Does that include the fact that people with dependants get favorable tax rates and millions of tax dollars spent on them such as for schools?

Helena

JustSheila

Crusader
Huh? Helena, you won't find a civilized society anywhere that doesn't at least pay in part to ensure everyone is educated. Without education, children do not become skilled or competent to hold jobs and contribute to society.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Emphasis mine.

He certainly was and it gets worse ... I believe his main focus WAS on women and that he most certainly knew how valuable they are and that's why he made so many women his most senior "execs" (Mary Sue and Jane Kember spring to mind as do so many others).

I also believe he actually disliked babies and children intensely, perhaps because they were potentially in the way of his greed and goals.

He certainly did devote a lot of DMSMH to "attempted abortion" incidents.

I think he liked having sex with women, but wasn't interested in using condoms. Birth control pills didn't become widely available until the 1960's.

ADDING: Hubbard was definitely an "Alpha Male" in his younger days. Although not much to look at, he was successful in bedding, marrying, and becoming the object of devotion of younger attractive women. I think he became impotent sometime in the 1970's.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Does that include the fact that people with dependants get favorable tax rates and millions of tax dollars spent on them such as for schools?

Helena

Keep in mind that those children whose school taxes you may be paying, are the ones you will be needing to take care of you in your future nursing home.

Yes, tax dollars are spent on children, but parents like me are the ones paying most of the expenses of having and raising children.

cleared cannibal

Helena

I think I detect a possible by-passed charge here. Possibly child/children would be a good item on you next list.

What have you done to a child?

What have children done to you?

What have others done to children?

etc, you know the drill

randomx

Patron with Honors
Huh? Helena, you won't find a civilized society anywhere that doesn't at least pay in part to ensure everyone is educated. Without education, children do not become skilled or competent to hold jobs and contribute to society.

Where is this civilized society?
I want some.

JustSheila

Crusader
Try Fiji. Seriously. It's the best community setup I've ever seen.

Some go to the cities to seek their fortunes and don't live that well when it goes bad, but don't let that throw you off. They always have the option of returning to their respective villages and the villages are nice, clean, with good houses and food, though humble. People are very happy, family matters, and they are kind-hearted, lovely people. No drugs to speak of, very little crime beyond theft in the cities.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I suppose it's wrong to have to subsidize the expensive choices made by others -- except in the above example. Since there are more parents than non-parents, and the majority decides what's right and what's wrong, that's the way it has to be.

I think I detect a possible by-passed charge here. Possibly child/children would be a good item on you next list.

What have you done to a child?

What have children done to you?

What have others done to children?

etc, you know the drill
Oh, sure, blame me for all this. Again, the majority decides who's right because they can.

Helena

randomx

Patron with Honors
Try Fiji. Seriously. It's the best community setup I've ever seen.

Some go to the cities to seek their fortunes and don't live that well when it goes bad, but don't let that throw you off. They always have the option of returning to their respective villages and the villages are nice, clean, with good houses and food, though humble. People are very happy, family matters, and they are kind-hearted, lovely people. No drugs to speak of, very little crime beyond theft in the cities.

During which military coup were you there?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
He certainly did devote a lot of DMSMH to "attempted abortion" incidents.

I think he liked having sex with women, but wasn't interested in using condoms. Birth control pills didn't become widely available until the 1960's.

ADDING: Hubbard was definitely an "Alpha Male" in his younger days. Although not much to look at, he was successful in bedding, marrying, and becoming the object of devotion of younger attractive women. I think he became impotent sometime in the 1970's.

True, and he couldn't get the babies into those ghastly nurseries of his and onto his sugar filled rubbish (barley formula) quick enough, which meant Ma could get back on post ... where she belonged.

:no:

You can see the [STRIKE]charm[/STRIKE] smarm on his face in a lot of those early pics and there's no doubt it must have worked on many women ... (shivers with revulsion).

His cold, dismissive and often brutal treatment of people in general seems to have been a symptom of a very real personality disorder and he was able to teach that behaviour to so many others (any scientologist who took his ''philosophy'' on board and acted it out) so he's still doing harm today. It has destroyed so many relationships and families, many will never recover (mine included) ... people must die still traumatised by what they once did or allowed to be done to others in hubbards name (see Free to shines recent posts).

The man was very cunning and very damaged but was clever enough to actually sell his various disorders to others and make a fortune from it along the way, that the cult is still active despite all the info out there is astonishing though and says much about those still trapped and the various allegiances they must feel the need to maintain and honour.

ESMB ... I love it, between us all we must have undone quite a lot of the madness but there's still a long way to go.

JustSheila

Crusader
During which military coup were you there?

Less than two months ago, I stayed in Fiji for 8 days on my way to the US. It was the beginning of their winter and perfect weather for me, low season for tourists, but the native Fijians were easily chilled by the cooler nights.

I stayed away from the tourist villages but was invited by one of the women who worked at the hotel to stay for dinner at a Fijian village and spend the night as her guest. I met her family, her extended family, her pastor. I saw the beautiful grounds kept by the community, the houses they built, heard the church choir singing and saw a lack of furniture or any extras. The Fijians were brilliantly happy. They had all they wanted or needed and did not worry that they didn't have more. They were grateful for what they had, despite long bus rides to the city to work and college not available to everyone. They treat everyone as one of them and believe we are all one people, all over the world. Some kill wildlife to survive, many raise their own chickens and goats, but none are greedy and all respect the animals and environment. They are a beautiful, loving and humble people.

It's not perfect. There is deep corruption in the government or they would be doing far better. Still, between the way they practice their Christian faith, tight, supportive community and family and village, they do very well. They are healthy, seldom sick, not stressed, very calm and at peace with themselves. It was an eye-opening experience.

randomx

Patron with Honors
Here is my Fiji experience. Fiji wasn`t ready for Scientology.... And Scientology wasn`t ready for Fiji.

SENSE OF DOUBT

Part 62

Morally Bankrupt .

http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=503.60

It goes in and out for a few chapters.

Less than two months ago, I stayed in Fiji for 8 days on my way to the US. It was the beginning of their winter and perfect weather for me, low season for tourists, but the native Fijians were easily chilled by the cooler nights.

I stayed away from the tourist villages but was invited by one of the women who worked at the hotel to stay for dinner at a Fijian village and spend the night as her guest. I met her family, her extended family, her pastor. I saw the beautiful grounds kept by the community, the houses they built, heard the church choir singing and saw a lack of furniture or any extras. The Fijians were brilliantly happy. They had all they wanted or needed and did not worry that they didn't have more. They were grateful for what they had, despite long bus rides to the city to work and college not available to everyone. They treat everyone as one of them and believe we are all one people, all over the world. Some kill wildlife to survive, many raise their own chickens and goats, but none are greedy and all respect the animals and environment. They are a beautiful, loving and humble people.

It's not perfect. There is deep corruption in the government or they would be doing far better. Still, between the way they practice their Christian faith, tight, supportive community and family and village, they do very well. They are healthy, seldom sick, not stressed, very calm and at peace with themselves. It was an eye-opening experience.

Boojuum

...snip...

His cold, dismissive and often brutal treatment of people in general seems to have been a symptom of a very real personality disorder and he was able to teach that behaviour to so many others (any scientologist who took his ''philosophy'' on board and acted it out) so he's still doing harm today. It has destroyed so many relationships and families, many will never recover (mine included) ... people must die still traumatised by what they once did or allowed to be done to others in hubbards name (see Free to shines recent posts).

The man was very cunning and very damaged but was clever enough to actually sell his various disorders to others and make a fortune from it along the way, that the cult is still active despite all the info out there is astonishing though and says much about those still trapped and the various allegiances they must feel the need to maintain and honour.

...snip..

Great post.

Yes!!! LRH had a "very real personality disorder" which is stunning in the face of the amount of evidence he had to act differently. Methinks he loved to manipulate and dominate. "Mothering" implied another source of control which he couldn't abide.