What's new

Obvious Gaps in the Tech

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Oh I agree fully that there are gaps in the tech, and also there are even bigger gaps and shortcomings in the CofS's application of the tech. But the tech that does exist - and remember outside of individuals' understanding of it there is no "tech" at all - but there are sufficient numbers of people who do have a comprehensive grasp of it and are able to produce wonderful changes for them through it's application.

And yeah, it seems we are a dwindling number. My father was able to write in beautiful copperplate script. He learnt it while at school. None of his children could do it and wherever you go today it is only dedicated handwriting artists who can do it. It's a disappearing tech. Or a completely disappeared tech. So it is with auditing.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
I humbly suggest that the name of this thread should be modified from "Obvious" Gaps etc to "Apparent" Gaps etc.

And at first glance, there do _appear_ to be some gaps in The Tech.
However--I humbly submit that there are NO gaps in The Tech, anywhere.
None. Anywhere. No gaps. Whatsoever. The Tech is gapless.

Any supposed gap in The Tech is purely imaginary! (Remember I said that.)

Google defines a gap as:
1. a break or hole in an object or between two objects.
2. an unfilled space or interval; a break in continuity.

A low place between two peaks of a mountain range is a gap. That's where engineers route a road across the range. If some improbable geological event caused the mountain range except for the gap to sink to sea level, then the former gap would then be the highest point and no longer a gap. It's then the high point of the terrain, and any new road would be routed around it. But notice that nothing changed about the ground of the roadway--unlike the rest of the hypothetical disappearing range, it remained unchanged, but stopped being a gap.

Get it? There is nothing about the terrain of the road that makes it a gap: What made it a gap was the peaks around it. To be an interruption or discontinuity, there has to be something to interrupt or discontinue. And the "something" doesn't have to be solid (or gas or liquid).

The American "Continents" (one land mass) is a gap between two oceans. One of those oceans is the gap between the Americas and Asia (and other stuff), and the other is a gap between the Americas and Europe and Africa (and other stuff). If the oceans disappeared, leaving one global land mass, the Americas would no longer be a gap. If the continents sank, the oceans would no longer be gaps.

A vally is a gap interrupting two mountain ranges: It interrupts what would otherwise be the same range.

A mountain range can be a gap between two plains: It interrupts what would otherwise be one large plains area.

Almost any mountain range is a gap in weather patterns: It interrupts the continuity of weather into two distinct systems.
Note here that the "something" being interrupted by the gap are not material, it is the pattern of movement, temperature, humidity, etc etc of material things. (Like wind is not air, it is the _movement_ of air.) But it is _real_, because it can be measured and observed and recorded. So it can define a gap in its continuity.

And that's what I'm getting at: Nothing about a mountain or ocean or continent or plains or pattern makes it a gap: What makes it a gap is what it interrupts. Without something to interrupt, there can be no gap.

Anybody see yet where I'm going with this?

The Tech isn't real. It doesn't exist. There is absolutely NO evidence that The Tech has a shred of substance to it. It has never been shown to produce any observable, recordable or measurable result. It exists only in the thoughts (imagination, fantasy, beliefs, dogma, opinions; whatever you want to call it) of those of us who have learned it.

So it made some of you/us feel better? So did a dream I had the other night. Aside from a warm fuzzy feeling the following day, my dream gave me a great idea for a story. A FICTION story. That I've been working on for a couple of days, just for fun. It's remotely possible that the story could change my life (if I were a real writer). And you know what? I never thought for a moment AFTER I woke up that there was anything _REAL_ about my dream. It existed only in my thoughts and memory of my thoughts. It's as fictitious as Scientology's "Tech".

But back to the point--since a gap has to be defined by what it interrupts, if you don't have something to interrupt, you can't have a gap. Any discontinuity in an imaginary "something"--is an imaginary gap.

Remember what I told you to remember I said? Any supposed gap in The Tech is purely imaginary!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>
but there are sufficient numbers of people who do have a comprehensive grasp of it and are able to produce wonderful changes for them through it's application.

And yeah, it seems we are a dwindling number.
<snip>

These two comments seem contradictory to me.
Please explain.
If it is so wonderful then why has it been dwindling?

For example, the tech of cell phones has been wonderful. And it has not dwindled AFAIK.
The medical "tech", nurses, is so wonderful that my local community college has built a huge building to teach all about it and people are getting jobs in that area.

After ALL these decades of Dianetics/Scientology WHY isn't this stuff now taught in colleges in every nation on planet Earth?

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Oh I agree fully that there are gaps in the tech, and also there are even bigger gaps and shortcomings in the CofS's application of the tech. But the tech that does exist - and remember outside of individuals' understanding of it there is no "tech" at all - but there are sufficient numbers of people who do have a comprehensive grasp of it and are able to produce wonderful changes for them through it's application.

And yeah, it seems we are a dwindling number. My father was able to write in beautiful copperplate script. He learnt it while at school. None of his children could do it and wherever you go today it is only dedicated handwriting artists who can do it. It's a disappearing tech. Or a completely disappeared tech. So it is with auditing.

There is also a dwindling of numbers of people admiring the Emporor's new clothes. A one time, in a fairy tale far, far away, they were lining the streets for a glimpse so they could tell their friends of their superlative good fortune.

They were wonderful times.

Of dreams and imagination.

And mindfuck.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

How many Book One Clears ya made so far? Been dyin' ta meet one.

Just ONE.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

True, the ''tech'' has well and truly past it's use-by date ... it happens with just about everything but in this instance it's a positive thing, there are better ways now and they come without the unpleasant scent of cult.

Your heart is still in the right place though Leon, I have little doubt about that.

:yes:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
How many Book One Clears ya made so far? Been dyin' ta meet one.

Just ONE.

I have never claimed to have made a single one. I do claim to have been instrumental in changing hundreds of lives for the better over the years. And "better" is qualified as being "better in their own estimation, not in mine".

Free Being Me

Crusader
I have never claimed to have made a single one. I do claim to have been instrumental in changing hundreds of lives for the better over the years. And "better" is qualified as being "better in their own estimation, not in mine".

b5a.gif

Anonycat

Crusader

Sure, an insidious cult built on hypnotism and Satanism is really good stuff. Tech is an abbreviation of Technical. There is nothing technical about cult doings. It's just that it was slammed into your mind, and you repeat the word as you were indoctrinated to. Sad.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Might I also point out the obvious.

The tech is composed entirely of gaps.

Not one claim ever made has been demonstrated to be real.

The burden of proof is on those that want to suggest that a single claim made by Hubbard about his tech is true.

I'm still waiting.

No clears, no OTs, no one 'at cause.'

All we hear are tenuous ambiguous 'wins.'

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
well, thanks. I'm glad you stated that there are no clears or OT's.
I never said that. Show me where I said that. You're dubbing things in again. Believing your own hallucinations.

So you are not saying there are clears.

So you are not saying there are not clears.

So you are not saying anything about clears.

Clearly, for someone who clearly isn't saying anything clear about clears, you clearly seem to have a lot to say about clears.

For clarification, can you please answer a few questions.

Do you see the absence of clears as a gap in the tech?

Do you think that a single clear or OT has ever really been produced?

If so, what is your evidence?

Oh, and please be clear.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Answer to all of your questions: I have no idea. I do not know the full extent of the tech, I do not know whether any have ever been produced, I do not know whether the tech is capable of producing one, I do not even know exactly what a Clear is.

Which definition are you fixated on?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
When I read ''the tech'' it makes me laugh...

The tech = collective mental illness leading to believe something that doesn't exist to be real...

The tech of what ????

Technology of what ?????

:eyeroll:

This ''what'' either being a stolen interesting idea or a complete lie or crazy belief sold as a pseudo-scientific fact.