What's new

I Am Not Anonymous

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron

Like you, I haven't told "my story" and I never will ... I don't feel the need and (for me) it would just drag it all up again needlessly and I don't ever want to see or feel most of it ever again. I suppose I'm am an introvert by nature and just don't want my story out there, it isn't a requirement of freeing yourself so I hope you are not pressuring yourself in that direction.
Thanks for this. And that's yet another aspect of the mindf*ck -- making you think it's mandatory to "tell all." I still might do it, as a writing exercise. Or as a cautionary tale for educational purposes. But I've gotten along fine so far without doing it. "Telling all" will not make it "as-is," contrary to what they'd have you believe.

And who needs it to disappear anyway? "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it." And who needs that?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I find it true that I get what I put my attention on. Given that, I'd rather make the choice to put my attention on the good things in life rather than the horrors that have - and can - happen.

I can't change what I had for breakfast. It is over. Tomorrow I can choose eggs instead of oatmeal. But, human that I am, I had to try that oatmeal before I knew I didn't like it.

For me, life is like that. It took a few relationships - even a couple of marriages - before I learned what worked for me.

Same with religions. I been through a few of them, too. I don't dwell on the misfortunes I brought on myself even though as with scn, I bought some seemingly clever ( they really weren't that clever ! ) lies.

Now ? Hell, I just keep going - but I'm over being gullible or having a guru & for sure that being I'm responsible for my life it'll be only me that makes decisions about my life. That, for me, was a long hard lesson to learn, but has served me well once I learned it ( after all those years ).

Lynn is one of those people I always look up to & feel inspired by.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

I find it true that I get what I put my attention on. Given that, I'd rather make the choice to put my attention on the good things in life rather than the horrors that have - and can - happen.

I can't change what I had for breakfast. It is over. Tomorrow I can choose eggs instead of oatmeal. But, human that I am, I had to try that oatmeal before I knew I didn't like it.

For me, life is like that. It took a few relationships - even a couple of marriages - before I learned what worked for me.

Same with religions. I been through a few of them, too. I don't dwell on the misfortunes I brought on myself even though as with scn, I bought some seemingly clever ( they really weren't that clever ! ) lies.

Now ? Hell, I just keep going - but I'm over being gullible or having a guru & for sure that being I'm responsible for my life it'll be only me that makes decisions about my life. That, for me, was a long hard lesson to learn, but has served me well once I learned it ( after all those years ).

Totally agree. And gurus are so 1970. :biggrin:

Lynn is one of those people I always look up to & feel inspired by.

Thanks for saying so. Since I'm not out there making videos all the time (and only raise hell occasionally), I'm never sure if anyone notices.
:rose:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
<snip>

Thanks for saying so. Since I'm not out there making videos all the time (and only raise hell occasionally), I'm never sure if anyone notices.
:rose:
You are most welcome !

Oh, you are noticed ( in a VERY good way ! ) by many of us.

Your shop being where it is gives me - and so many others - to keep plugging as best we can against the giant - and that giant is falling !

Thank you for being there !

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks for this. And that's yet another aspect of the mindf*ck -- making you think it's mandatory to "tell all." I still might do it, as a writing exercise. Or as a cautionary tale for educational purposes. But I've gotten along fine so far without doing it. "Telling all" will not make it "as-is," contrary to what they'd have you believe.

And who needs it to disappear anyway? "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it." And who needs that?

Exactly ... the accumulated bumps and bruises of life and how we deal with them make us who we are, perhaps they give us depth and character and even an air of mystery (lol, or not).

Whatever you decide to do I hope you enjoy the activity as you are doing it, it's only in recent years that I have trained myself to do that, I've been very "product oriented" for a long time (thanks cult) and while that isn't a bad thing (and I intend to stay that way) remembering to relax and enjoy the (I can't say journey or process, lol) procedure ... has become a new and cool addition to my life.

:biggrin:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

You might try beginning at the beginning, and see how that flows.

How did you get into Scn? Did a friend of relative disseminate to you?

What initially attracted you about Scientology?

Been meditating again.

The more I think about it, the more I think my main story is not going to be about how I got into $cientology and what happened to me while I was there. I think the more relevant thing is how I got out after being in so deeply for 40+ years.

I can actually answer your questions (thanks for helping me out by asking) in a few sentences or paragraphs -- though who knows what might happen once I start writing. Yeah. As I'm thinking about it, I might have to dredge up a lot of old memories. One of my clients just asked me if I'd ever thought about writing a memoir.

Yep. Thought about it a lot. It's a lot of work, and maybe I'm too lazy to do it. Dredging up the memories -- that's a lot of work. Making them coherent enough to write down -- more work. Making the writing coherent enough for other people to read and understand -- whew! Fu*k it. I'll just take a nap. LOL!

No, let me at least make an effort, since you took the time to ask.

Beginning at the beginning -- going back to day one, the abbreviated version is that my Aunt Louise, who used to live not too far from the org in DC got in in the '50s and had a bad experience. Then my Aunt Vivian went to see what happened to her sister, and she happened to have a good experience. So she told me, my mother and my sister.

OK, that's the beginning. I may or may not fill in the details later, if I have any noteworthy flashbacks. But I'm mostly -- still, after 13 years -- heaving sighs of relief and gratitude about being out. So that's where most of my attention is.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
OK, that's the beginning. I may or may not fill in the details later, if I have any noteworthy flashbacks. But I'm mostly -- still, after 13 years -- heaving sighs of relief and gratitude about being out. So that's where most of my attention is.

What was the "last straw", that caused you to finally decide to get out? Where there other "straws" preceding it?

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Coming up for air....

Wow! The site looks great!

For the past few months I've been busily minding my own business. I wrote a little ebook (~67 pages) in my business niche (holistic approach to beauty/anti-aging). It's a work in progress, so if you'd like to get a copy and/or help me test the technical aspects of the delivery platform I'm using (optional), just PM me.

All inquiries/feedback appreciated.

:heartflower:

curriosity

Hey Lynn, I was just browsing some of the posts and came across yours. Not sure if creating an account while not being an ex scientologist is taboo; and to if it is i sincerely apologize to anyone I may have upset ( I will immediately terminate my account if this is the case ) but I wanted to offer to make a new website for your business free of charge- no credit required, I would actually just prefer to remain anonymous. I just want the practice and have the satisfaction of seeing a site made by me in public use (even if i am the only one who knows I made it lol) . Any who interesting story as well as the many others I have read.

The research I have done on scientology has lead to to this form, very intriguing stories which really poke at my curiosity, sheds a light between the contrast of peoples upbringings- how different peoples lives are and how drastically things change. anyways just get back to me on the post on whether or not you're interested, I would just work on it and directly send you the files via email.

Have a good one and everyone thank you for your stories, I love learning and reading your experiences is a real eyeopener and an interesting topic to absorb.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Hey Lynn, I was just browsing some of the posts and came across yours. Not sure if creating an account while not being an ex scientologist is taboo; and to if it is i sincerely apologize to anyone I may have upset ( I will immediately terminate my account if this is the case ) but I wanted to offer to make a new website for your business free of charge- no credit required, I would actually just prefer to remain anonymous. I just want the practice and have the satisfaction of seeing a site made by me in public use (even if i am the only one who knows I made it lol) . Any who interesting story as well as the many others I have read.

The research I have done on scientology has lead to to this form, very intriguing stories which really poke at my curiosity, sheds a light between the contrast of peoples upbringings- how different peoples lives are and how drastically things change. anyways just get back to me on the post on whether or not you're interested, I would just work on it and directly send you the files via email.

Have a good one and everyone thank you for your stories, I love learning and reading your experiences is a real eyeopener and an interesting topic to absorb.
Oh, wow! I should come here more often. I'm just now seeing this. That's a very generous offer. I'd love to take you up on it. PM me with any details, or we can chat via email, if you like.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi Lynn,
Any Sea Org members request the free roll of toilet paper as yet with their haircut? :unsure:

If your shop was near Boston Org during the 1980's our staff would probably give you regular business. :D

We had a chronic shortage of toilet paper.

phenomanon

Canyon
Coming up for air....

Wow! The site looks great!

For the past few months I've been busily minding my own business. I wrote a little ebook (~67 pages) in my business niche (holistic approach to beauty/anti-aging). It's a work in progress, so if you'd like to get a copy and/or help me test the technical aspects of the delivery platform I'm using (optional), just PM me.

All inquiries/feedback appreciated.

:heartflower:
I want a copy. I will help any way I can, even though I am past the point of no return on the beauty and aging thing.
Do you have a webpage?