What's new

I hate to admit it but this store scares the hell out of me....

Leland

Crusader
This place makes me scared.....

I've only seen these in Florida....but suppose they are nationwide?

I suppose after 27 years in the Cult......I kinda know why....but I've been out 15 years...and this signage still gives me the willies....:p

The name of this franchise.....kinda weird. Or perhaps chosen to be "new age?"

Please tell me there is absolutely not relationship with the cult...:unsure:

I thought I'd post these pics....for those that don't have to drive by and see em....like I do....:nervous:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please tell me there is absolutely not relationship with the cult...:unsure:
That's nearly impossible. When you look at the pictures, what can you see ?

Impressive, ("ideal") buildings, which are sterile and ..... nearly empty - exactly like in the Co$.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In England the word is spelled "yoghurt." It comes from the Turkish. I actually drank some homemade roadside yoghurt from a jug in Turkey when I visited on a road trip in 1970: I was expecting something civilized and familiar and it tasted disgusting, Anyway, I digress.

Change the store name to "Woghurtology" and the cult connection would be perfect.

Paul

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
There's a certain store front in the shopping district in downtown that always catches my attention in the corner of my eye when I'm walking down the street . I always think it says the "S" word and then I look straight at it and realize it says "Vinology". That damn "ology" suffix gets me every time!

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
In England the word is spelled "yoghurt." It comes from the Turkish.

But in turkish it is spelled: yoğurt :eyeroll:

I actually drank some homemade roadside yoghurt from a jug in Turkey when I visited on a road trip in 1970: I was expecting something civilized and familiar and it tasted ********, Anyway, I digress.
Probably you got something which is called: "Ayran"

Basically that is yoghurt mixed with water and salt. Oh yes, occasionally it is mixed with lemon balm, mint, basil, goat milk, dill or black pepper.

Maybe you want to edit the ********, because you could be punished for insulting this wonderful drink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayran

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But in turkish it is spelled: yoğurt :eyeroll:

Probably you got something which is called: "Ayran"

We were offered something in a glass jug that sounded like "yogoort?" and I assumed it was like the familiar yoghurt. If the guy had called it "Ayran" -- however that gets pronounced in Turkish it doesn't look like it will sound like "yogoort" -- I would have refused it on the basis of it not being the greatest of ideas to drink who-knows-what from a Turkish roadside person*. He wasn't even a vendor; just looked like a yokel intrigued by six young white foreign peeps including two girls.

*Admittedly there's not a whole lot of difference between who-knows-what with a familiar name from a Turkish roadside person and who-knows-what with an unfamiliar name from a Turkish roadside person. Ah, the naivety of youth!

Paul

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe you want to edit the ********, because you could put be punished for insulting this wonderful drink.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayran

I looked at the link. This stuff would be funny if it weren't so goddam sick. They fined a company the equivalent of $70,000 for "insulting Ayran".

But what else would be expected from a culture that cuts off your head for insulting Mohammed or Islam?

Leland

Crusader
Yes, I tried one once and they are highly sterile. Not just the store designs....but the "getting the yogurt structure" of the franchise system also.

The stores are extremely clean.

I guess....sterile has its plus points...when dealing with food and food consumption.

Leland

Crusader
Many times I wondered how business owned by Public Scientologists......could get away with blatant usage of Cult Words or Cult Themes in their business titles and Company names...without getting into trouble with the Cult.

"Theta this" and "Upstat that" I'd have to get a copy of the Wise Directory....or a Who What Where.....and I'm sure I could list dozens....

Though....I don't think any Public Cult Businesses have used "Ology."

It also makes me think that LRH himself jumped on that bandwagon of using Cult words.... with his "Clear Sound."

I have no doubt that he saw the success of "Dolby" ....and its world wide acceptance as a Audio Standard.....and tried to carve out a slice of that pie for himself.

I am so glad that he did not succeed at that....!!

It is so interesting to me that Hubbard chose the word "Clear" to use in "ClearSound" .....and used it, knowing that it would be a "trigger" and would have a "double meaning" for Cult members.....

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Many times I wondered how business owned by Public Scientologists......could get away with blatant usage of Cult Words or Cult Themes in their business titles and Company names...without getting into trouble with the Cult.

"Theta this" and "Upstat that" I'd have to get a copy of the Wise Directory....or a Who What Where.....and I'm sure I could list dozens....

Though....I don't think any Public Cult Businesses have used "Ology."

It also makes me think that LRH himself jumped on that bandwagon of using Cult words.... with his "Clear Sound."

I have no doubt that he saw the success of "Dolby" ....and its world wide acceptance as a Audio Standard.....and tried to carve out a slice of that pie for himself.

I am so glad that he did not succeed at that....!!

It is so interesting to me that Hubbard chose the word "Clear" to use in "ClearSound" .....and used it, knowing that it would be a "trigger" and would have a "double meaning" for Cult members.....

I get the impression this is a franchise started by a Scientology upstart who is still in the warm and fuzzy zone before the SRA arrives.

To paraphrase James Coburn in Waterhole #3, “Maybe we take Scientology too seriously”….”Maybe we don’t take Scientology seriously enough”.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even their photography looks like Scientology's Ideal Org photographs, also their interior design:

Yogurtology2-1400x811.jpg

yogurt07.jpg

DSC_0420-940x629.jpg
Lochte-Blog-header1.png

The Clear Agency?

Clear Labs?

http://clearlabs.org/portfolio-items/yogurtology/

[FONT=&amp]ST PETE FLORIDA[/FONT][FONT=&amp]—September 27, 2013– Team USA’s Olympic hero, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Ryan Lochte[/FONT][FONT=&amp], will trade in his swim cap for a yogurt hat with the launch of two new flavors exclusive to [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Yogurtology[/FONT][FONT=&amp] and sales benefitting his personal charities.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The concept was born from a “what if” brainstorm at The Clear Agency when the local franchise ownership team Jordan Levy, Jaclyn Levy, Ean Mendelsohn and Grant Levy who own 8 (soon to be 9 in Orlando) stores hired the firm to come up with a big idea to launch the Gainesville location and provide deep exposure for the brand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
“We came up with this over the top idea, Yogurtology loved it, and we knew we had to deliver so we got to work finding a way to make it come together” says Clear Agency CEO and Executive Director Jenn Greacen. “It has been quite a road to pull it all together but everything has turned out bigger and better than we ever imagined with the participation of not just the Gainesville store but all Florida and Arizona locations.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
For the campaign, Clear worked with Lochte’s New York Agent to develop a line of Premi-Yum flavors exclusive to the franchise, with proceeds benefiting Ryan Lochte’s personal charities (Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy and the Mac Crutchfield Foundation).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
PPMD Founder and President, Pat Furlong, is thrilled about Yogurtology’s donation to the organization, stating, “We are deeply grateful to Yogurtology for their generous gift and we will encourage all of our families in the area to try one of these great new flavors!”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Maggie Crutchfield, Mother of Mac Crutchfield of the Mac Crutchfield Foundation, also expressed her appreciation; “I would want to thank Yogurtology for their commitment to others and their willingness to bring Mac’s foundation to a whole new and exciting level. The funds raised will be directly donated back to Special and Paralympic kids who lack the resources to chase their dreams.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Yogurtology has pledged to donate a generous $20,000 to Ryan’s charities, with the expressed intention to raise even more.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
“Community is at the heart of the Yogurtology brand. With Ryan Lochte, we saw the opportunity to really make an impact in not only the Gainesville community, but that of his charities. Says Jaclyn Levy, Director of the Florida Stores for Yogurtology.
[/FONT]

“I’m proud to partner with a brand that not only values giving back, but rewards giving back. It’s cool to know that anyone near a Yogurtology location can help PPMD and the Mac Crutchfield Foundation just by eating frozen yogurt,” said Lochte.

And this in Glendale, Arizona:
DSC_8367.jpg

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know things are slow in scio world when we're talking about yogurt.

Or when a franchise's most important marketing decision is made with no regard about being inadvertently associated with a controversial international cult with a following numbering in the millions.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
In England the word is spelled "yoghurt." It comes from the Turkish. I actually drank some homemade roadside yoghurt from a jug in Turkey when I visited on a road trip in 1970: I was expecting something civilized and familiar and it tasted disgusting, Anyway, I digress.

Change the store name to "Woghurtology" and the cult connection would be perfect.

Paul

I suspected that you got some variant of Kefir. If someone puked milk through a nose full of sinus-infection induced snot, they'd approximate the texture and taste of Kefir. And don't anyone tell me I should taste the authentic stuff. I have.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I suspected that you got some variant of Kefir. If someone puked milk through a nose full of sinus-infection induced snot, they'd approximate the texture and taste of Kefir. And don't anyone tell me I should taste the authentic stuff. I have.

By golly UD, you sure have a way with words.....

:omg:

Leland

Crusader
did a bit of research....and the company is a start up owned by a couple brothers that are of a long time Tampa Family.....and they went into investment finance....

So I guess old Tampa money.

But it is interesting that they grew up here....and most likely were aware of the beginning of the Cult in Flag....and all the controversy that followed over the years....

LOL....It could even be a spoof of a sorts....that they made up that company name.