What's new

Why did Marty Rathbun delete a post accusing Klaus Buchele of being an OSA Agent?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Why did Mark "Marty" Rathbun delete a post accusing Klaus Buchele of being a Scientology OSA Agent?

The following was researched and first presented by Marc Plummer on the Facebook group SPs R Us:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SPsrUS/permalink/1064063420328688/

As preserved by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, the January 10, 2012 article by Mark "Marty" Rathbun entitled "Operation Klaus" states:

https://web.archive.org/web/2012011...hbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/operation-klaus

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES * * * * *

Operation Klaus

Posted on January 10, 2012 by martyrathbun09 | 408 Comments

Klaus Buchele, of Dunedin Florida, is a confirmed, card-carrying intel agent of Office of Special Affairs (OSA, the dirty tricks and propaganda branch of corporate Scientology).

Klaus has been on mission orders directly from OSA Int since late 2009. For eighteen months he and OSA carried out a very elaborate, expensive and convincing (to the untrained) program to make a plausible cover for himself and attempt to infiltrate my home and compromise the independent movement. The plan was activated on the heels of my having recognized and cut off advances by the last former OSA Int staff member OSA attempted to run in on me, Andy Hutton of England.

Buchele left OSA Int in the late nineties. As was often done with former OSA staff with Intel experience he was employed by David Morse and Associates (insurance adjustment/investigation firm) in Glendale, California. OSA has had a working relationship with Morse and Associates since the eighties. The line between OSA and Morse and Associates became blurred during the nineties as the agency was literally taken over by several former Guardian’s Office intel heavy weights, including Henning Heldt (former D/Guardian US, convicted felon), Duke Snider (Former D/Guardian Intel US, convicted felon), and Chuck Ohl (Former Guardians Office Intel officer saved from conviction by extensive cover up). Morse and Associates has served as a safe house to employ and let the statute-of-limitations blow over for several former Guardian’s Office and Office of Special Affairs operatives. Note: David Morse himself is likely somewhat oblivious to this since he sold his rights to the Guardian’s Office troika above many years ago.

Buchele first attempted to befriend me in late 2009 expressing grave concerns that I had spoken to the media. He had a much “better idea” (as did Hutton); he tried to re-direct me toward an intelligence op take over of the corporate church of Scientology. When I rebuffed Buchele’s advances, I subsequently learned he burned or attempted to burn some very effective Independents.

In early 2010, Buchele obtained the real identity of once-famous poster here “OTDT”. Buchele did so based upon false representations that he was friends and was working with Mike Rinder and me. Within a week of Buchele learning OTDT’s identity, OTDT was viciously and immorally attacked by Office of Special Affairs. OTDT shortly after decided the harassment was not worth the pleasure of his contributions to this blog.

I subsequently learned that Buchele attempted the same operation against the founder and operator of savescientology.com. A perusal of that link will tell you rather rapidly why that person has been near the top of David Miscavige’s hit list for some time. Again, I learned that Buchele was using the false representation that he was friends with and worked with Mike Rinder and me. Buchele failed in that mission.

More recently, Buchele was activated to infiltrate a German documentarian who for the past year has been working on a one hour film on OSA operations for German and French television.

Most recently, and the final straw in motivating this posting, Buchele was activiated with a number of other former staff by OSA to infiltrate Debbie Cook and rendered her ruined.

All of these facts can and will be confirmed by Mike Rinder, who was integral in helping to spot and document Buchele’s activities and status.

I’ll give you a little antecdote about Operation Klaus to give you an idea of how treacherous David Miscavige has gotten in his desperation to stop the Independent movement. Buchele attempted to recruit me to serve as an expert witness against Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith in a lawsuit brought, or being prepared, against them by a former teacher at the school they had set up. Upon investigation I learned that the lawsuit was an attack on Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith for utilizing the Study Technology of L Ron Hubbard. I declined that advance, explaining to Buchele and the former teacher’s attorney that I applaud Will and Jada for utilizing Study Tech and would do nothing to make them suffer for doing so.

This is called agent provocateur activity. The agent infiltrates and influences the target to engage in activity that could either get the latter prosecuted or discredited. Not since the days of J Edgar Hoover have I heard of a more nefarious agent provocateur double-cross, where someone (Miscavige) is willing to directly harm an presumptive ally (Will Smith and Jada) out of lust for discrediting the target.

It doesn’t get any sicker than that.

* * * * * END QUOTATION FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES * * * * *

1CVYKvQ.png

4y2VMS6.png

The January 10, 2012 "Operation Klaus" page now shows:

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/operation-klaus

BYkgo5i.png

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Might be good for someone to verify his current status before anyone gets all tinfoily

CommunicatorIC

Might be good for someone to verify his current status before anyone gets all tinfoily
The current status of Klaus Buchele? On the theory that Marty removed the post because he has determined either that Klaus Buchele: (1) was never an OSA agent, and his January 10, 2012 post was incorrect when it was posted; or (2) is no longer an OSA agent, and the use of the present tense "is" in the January 10, 2012 post might mislead people?

If either is the case, why would Marty not replace the prior January 10, 2012 post with an explanation regarding why it was removed?

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Ask Marty why? Here's my guesses

A favor to someone in the post?
Paid to remove?
Legal reasons?
To troll?

You can start your own WordPress and repost whatever he deletes if you like side projects.

AnonyMary

The current status of Klaus Buchele? On the theory that Marty removed the post because he has determined either that Klaus Buchele: (1) was never an OSA agent, and his January 10, 2012 post was incorrect when it was posted; or (2) is no longer an OSA agent, and the use of the present tense "is" in the January 10, 2012 post might mislead people?

If either is the case, why would Marty not replace the prior January 10, 2012 post with an explanation regarding why it was removed?

I don't recall ever seeing a blog or forum owner post an update on why they removed a page, or a blog in total except on rare occasions to make known that the removal was due to a DMCA notice aka legal take down notice.

I write my comment, just wanting to give the benefit of the doubt since you made the assumption that he did it for OSA or for some allegiance to OSA. It's always fair to consider other possibilities.

You can come up with any theory you like about that page removal, free speech being just that. However, oftentimes there is more behind the decision to remove a page or a comment from one. Maybe the guy was harassing Mosey for OSA and contacted Marty because he personally didn't want what was written to be on the internet? Maybe Marty deleted it in a truce for the guy to lay off bothering his wife... anything is possible.

You would not believe how often people ask to have things written about them removed from the internet. I know that Kristy at Truth About Scientology gets requests to remove names, usually from people not wanting potential employers to see them having been connected to Scientology. I know that we have gotten them over at Reaching For The Tipping Point forum and Narconon Reviews I know they have policies, where only a legal order can remove anything. Most come to accept that the info is not being removed and why. Yet, if a comment on an article or thread is posted, say, which hmight threaten the personal identity or welfare of someone, or the poster him or herself, often due to information that might reveal their identity, it will be edited. And no public explanation noted.

I certainly have gotten them over the years... I just don't delete if asked.. I won't name names due to privacy but oh, the stories I could tell about the requests I have received asking me to remove something and why ... LOL! I often take the opportunity to talk with that person, and try to enlighten them that whatever I wrote is not a bad thing after all, and why, so I'm not removing it. M

Each owner or author has to evaluate the request, determine if it's in the best interests to delete it ( or edit something out ). I have never had a legal take down notice, but I have deleted or edited things that in the past when potential harmful effects, or fears of some validity are apparent. But I don't do it willy nilly, and neither do most authors. Not all owners are alike in this but I can tell you that if something is removed, there is usually a worthy reason behind it. People do not like their name being on the internet when associated with bad things, real or imagined. Believe it or not OSA staff are not Sea Org, and usually have or need to look for other jobs to support themselves; some have a new life outside of Scientology and just want it off for a ne start; often those being written about have family they want to protect, just like me ( and I presume you as well ). But there are always reasons and then there are decisions made to edit, remove or not.

So i don't jump to conclusions when I see that something was removed. I usually write and ask what happened to the page, first. I don't just go out and post presumptions... I seek facts.

I am disappointed in Marty, but I have also seen his knee jerk reactions and self righteousness rearing their heads. I consider anyone doing OSA's work to be a problem and be aligned with the opposition - whether they know they are doing it intentionally or just act because of their lacking self control in dealing with baiting comments and people. But I don't equate removal of a page with it being done nefariously until all possibilities are considered. If I do that, I'd be a hypocrite.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

I write my comment, just wanting to give the benefit of the doubt since you made the assumption that he did it for OSA or for some allegiance to OSA. It's always fair to consider other possibilities.
I did no such thing. My OP noted the fact that the post had been removed, and asked the question why it was done. The comment to which you responded did not assume that Marty did it for OSA or for some allegiance to OSA. On the contrary, it asked if you were operating on, "the theory that Marty removed the post because he has determined either that Klaus Buchele: (1) was never an OSA agent, and his January 10, 2012 post was incorrect when it was posted; or (2) is no longer an OSA agent, and the use of the present tense "is" in the January 10, 2012 post might mislead people?"

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I don't recall ever seeing a blog or forum owner post an update on why they removed a page, or a blog in total except on rare occasions to make known that the removal was due to a DMCA notice aka legal take down notice.

You can come up with any theory you like about that page removal, free speech being just that. However, oftentimes there is more behind the decision to remove a page or a comment from one. Maybe the guy was harassing Mosey for OSA and contacted Marty because he personally didn't want what was written to be on the internet? Maybe Marty deleted it in a truce for the guy to lay off bothering his wife... anything is possible.

You would not believe how often people ask to have things written about them removed from the internet. I know that Kristy at Truth About Scientology gets requests to remove names, usually from people not wanting potential employers to see them having been connected to Scientology. I know that we have gotten them over at Reaching For The Tipping Point forum and Narconon Reviews I know they have policies, where only a legal order can remove anything. Most come to accept that the info is not being removed and why. Yet, if a comment on an article or thread is posted, say, which hmight threaten the personal identity or welfare of someone, or the poster him or herself, often due to information that might reveal their identity, it will be edited. And no public explanation noted.

I certainly have gotten them over the years... I just don't delete if asked.. I won't name names due to privacy but oh, the stories I could tell about the requests I have received asking me to remove something and why ... LOL! I often take the opportunity to talk with that person, and try to enlighten them that whatever I wrote is not a bad thing after all, and why, so I'm not removing it. M

Each owner or author has to evaluate the request, determine if it's in the best interests to delete it ( or edit something out ). I have never had a legal take down notice, but I have deleted or edited things that in the past when potential harmful effects, or fears of some validity are apparent. But I don't do it willy nilly, and neither do most authors. Not all owners are alike in this but I can tell you that if something is removed, there is usually a worthy reason behind it. People do not like their name being on the internet when associated with bad things, real or imagined. Believe it or not OSA staff are not Sea Org, and usually have or need to look for other jobs to support themselves; some have a new life outside of Scientology and just want it off for a ne start; often those being written about have family they want to protect, just like me ( and I presume you as well ). But there are always reasons and then there are decisions made to edit, remove or not.

So i don't jump to conclusions when I see that something was removed. I usually write and ask what happened to the page, first. I don't just go out and post presumptions... I seek facts.

I am disappointed in Marty, but I have also seen his knee jerk reactions and self righteousness rearing their heads. I consider anyone doing OSA's work to be a problem and be aligned with the opposition - whether they know they are doing it intentionally or just act because of their lacking self control in dealing with baiting comments and people. But I don't equate removal of a page with it being done nefariously until all possibilities are considered. If I do that, I'd be a hypocrite.

Very good post, Mary. And very good point.

A lot of us, me included, don't post under our real names for essentially the same reasons.

AnonyMary

Why did Mark "Marty" Rathbun delete a post accusing Klaus Buchele of being a Scientology OSA Agent?

The following was researched and first presented by Marc Plummer on the Facebook group SPs R Us:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SPsrUS/permalink/1064063420328688/ [..]

Written for ESMB readers to consider...

I answered that... see?

You can come up with any theory you like about that page removal, free speech being just that. However, oftentimes there is more behind the decision to remove a page or a comment from one. Maybe the guy was harassing Mosey for OSA and contacted Marty because he personally didn't want what was written to be on the internet? Maybe Marty deleted it in a truce for the guy to lay off bothering his wife... anything is possible. [..] .

:hide: OK, I assumed... I presumed. My bad. :sorry: So do tell us why you cross posted this in the first place? What was your intention? Because your answer below, begs more questions about your intent than question you asked at the start of the post itself :

I did no such thing. My OP noted the fact that the post had been removed, and asked the question why it was done. The comment to which you responded did not assume that Marty did it for OSA or for some allegiance to OSA. On the contrary, it asked if you were operating on, "the theory that Marty removed the post because he has determined either that Klaus Buchele: (1) was never an OSA agent, and his January 10, 2012 post was incorrect when it was posted; or (2) is no longer an OSA agent, and the use of the present tense "is" in the January 10, 2012 post might mislead people?"

:hmm: If you read the FB thread and comments already posted at the time just before decided to posted the OP ( I just did now ) you would have already had the answer to your question.

Did you read them beforehand?

Mark Plummer

September 14 at 9:25pm

Does anyone know why Mark 'Marty' Rathbun took this page down?
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/operation-klaus

Heidi Macavoy
The anons who maintain the "Big List" of former members who have spoken out, began noticing a trickle of testimonial accounts dropping off Marty's blog by late 2010.
Like · Reply · 2 · September 14 at 11:22pm · Edited

Mark Plummer

As in his readership started dropping?
Like · Reply · September 14 at 11:22pm

Heidi Macavoy

No idea, but my guess was it was the usual short lived transition thru the freezone into fully done with all things Hubbard. And once done, they didnt want their loud, proud proclamation of being an independent Scientologist around for the rest of their days.
Like · Reply · 3 · September 14 at 11:26pm · Edited

Mark Plummer > Heidi:

Maybe as Rathbun seemed to be getting away from practicing Scientology as an indie, his followers began to leave?
Like · Reply · September 14 at 11:35pm

Heidi Macavoy

No, the links gone missing started happening long before Marty got off the kool aid.
Like · Reply · 2 · September 14 at 11:46pm

Mark Plummer

Well, thankfully we have the Wayback Machine:

Seems like Case Closed to me

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm confused, so people think Marty took down the page on Klaus Buchele because he left the cult? Or because some other people who left the cult commented on his page? Klaus Buchele, according to a post on Reaching for the Tipping Point, worked at OSA INT and his wife was involved in a senior level as well.

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=4137.0

I can kind of understand protecting a public who didn't do anything but get suckered into getting money taken by the cult, but it even that can be problematic. "The Truth About Scientology" have a standing policy of not editing the history of service completion lists when people ask to be removed for a reason. Just because you don't like it 15 years later doesn't change the fact you were involved.

Also, Buchele appears to be way way way more than some public OSA volunteer. Anyone who works at such a level doesn't get to try and alter the history of their dirty deeds down the line just because they finally woke to the fact Scientology was a con. But there is zero evidence that Buchele has left or rejected scientology as far as I can tell.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I remember Klaus holding the Guardian WW post at Saint Hill around 1982 after Jane Kember was off post but before the GO got totally disbanded. When I went to OSA Int in 1986 Klaus and Edith were there, both in exec positions (I think). Edith was on mission a lot, probably in EU since she's German (or Swiss or Austrian etc). They're both very capable people.

I worked at DM&A (in Glendale, Los Angeles) from Apr 2000 to Dec 2003. Klaus was there at the end (on an exec post), along with his daughter Iris (age 16 maybe in 2003). He wasn't with Edith any more as he was chasing after another DM&A woman (Maryanne?), whom he married somewhere around 2004. I don't know what happened to Edith.

Paul