What's new

Will this be the greatest show ever?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Posted by Alanzo (on Marty's board)

Attempts to label people as SPs, Sociopaths, Psychopaths and Witches are all attempts at trying to know what goes on in another person’s mind.

It is not possible to use a label to do that.

Alanzo

I agree with Alanzo on this but I also think Marty may still be needing to label people (as we all did in the cult) in order to work out (and perhaps give credibility to) what he is repulsed by or wants to dismiss from his world. I too will admit to not liking people playing for pity (the hangdog expression, the whining and the general feeling of "look at me, I've been wronged") ... but only when it goes on for years on end.

To label someone when they are in the middle of a genuine situation (and trying to explain it and hopefully resolve it) is not right ... either try and assist or leave someone else to try but adding the label "sociopath" (or similar) is just unhelpful.

As always we have no idea who he is actually talking about but Gerry Armstrong came straight to my mind as he (via Caroline) is still seemingly chasing something from Marty (and Mike) and it could be Marty's way of telling him to get fucked, but who really knows?

Whatever has stirred him to write it must be fairly important to him though.

:confused2:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

To label someone when they are in the middle of a genuine situation (and trying to explain it and hopefully resolve it) is not right ... either try and assist or leave someone else to try but adding the label "sociopath" (or similar) is just unhelpful.

Labelling people as to make them wrong is not right. (also we all have darker sides as well as luminous ''emanations'')
It always depends of the 1st morning cofee!
But when it comes to identify dangerous people (who are known or diagnosed to be dangerous or harmful) because of real issues and illnesses it's okaywith me, because of the harm they may\will potentially cause to many people!

If this had been known of LRH, so much dammages would have been avoided.:confused2:

But whatoften happens is
that it's those deranged people who warn people that some others are sociopath and dangerous..:duh:

As always we have no idea who he is actually talking about

Me 2 :confused2:

Is ''Marty the mystic'' a label ???? :eyeroll:
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

Posted by Alanzo (on Marty's board)

I agree with Alanzo on this but I also think Marty may still be needing to label people (as we all did in the cult) in order to work out (and perhaps give credibility to) what he is repulsed by or wants to dismiss from his world. I too will admit to not liking people playing for pity (the hangdog expression, the whining and the general feeling of "look at me, I've been wronged") ... but only when it goes on for years on end.

As always we have no idea who he is actually talking about but Gerry Armstrong came straight to my mind as he (via Caroline) is still seemingly chasing something from Marty (and Mike) and it could be Marty's way of telling him to get fucked, but who really knows?

Whatever has stirred him to write it must be fairly important to him though.

Well, Mike did come out with a rather eloquent blanket apology on his blog last week.
Perhaps something is going on in the background that has nothing to do with Leah's show.
As usual Marty is so vague, but opening with "apropos of current events", certainly leave the door open to considering Leah's show, since that's the biggest current event happening regarding the cult right now.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I read a comment of Mike that I can't find..

But he essentially said to ''say tuned'' because he might be on something that he may reveal soon :confused2:

I repeat..it has been said by Mike

So I stay tuned :yes:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Here, on the bunker

Mike Rinder • 3 days ago

Tony -- I could not agree with you more. Paulette is living proof of the lengths scientology will go to in order to destroy a critic. Fortuitously (mostly for her, but ultimately for many others) the evidence of their crimes (correct use of the term, not "maintaining connection to someone declared SP by HCO" sort of "crime") is in their own documents seized by the FBI.

In some ways I think Paulette has given everyone who has come after her strength -- whatever they do "this is nothing compared to what they did to PC, and she endured and came out on top in the end."

I shall forever be thankful to her in a strange sort of way. And I will always admire her. It was a pleasure to meet her face to face finally, I thank you for facilitating that.

Stay tuned as the timing of this article today was a remarkable coincidence - or perhaps not. More to be revealed when I can, but I hope that what is in the planning stages will come to fruition and there will be an opportunity to do more justice to the point you have made in your piece today: If anyone in the world knows Fair Game, it is Pauletter Cooper.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
My first thought on reading Marty's latest mystery sandwich blog post was that it was a covert dig at Leah's show. Leah does a good job of showing how disgusting the CoS is and therefore is showing the recipients of these disgusting actions as victims of the cult.

At heart Marty is a Scientologist. He may have swung across to centre in years past but he's swung back with vengeance and is talking like a Scientologist again.

Why the mysterious & nebulous post Marty? Why not just come out and say it? Or are you "preparing the ground" for something else coming soon?

Say what you mean you coward.

wigee1

Patron with Honors
Emma , you cant be that blunt with Marty, your starting to sound like my type of woman:happydance:.
He would never stand up well in a Mongrel mob or Hells Angel group would he.
Granitt.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
My first thought on reading Marty's latest mystery sandwich blog post was that it was a covert dig at Leah's show. Leah does a good job of showing how disgusting the CoS is and therefore is showing the recipients of these disgusting actions as victims of the cult.

At heart Marty is a Scientologist. He may have swung across to centre in years past but he's swung back with vengeance and is talking like a Scientologist again.

Why the mysterious & nebulous post Marty? Why not just come out and say it? Or are you "preparing the ground" for something else coming soon?

Say what you mean you coward.
I agree Marty is referring to Leah's show and the fallout therefrom. What else could his reference to "current events" possibly refer to?

Assuming this is true, what I find particularly disgusting is that Marty would make such an attack after he was informed via Twitter that Leah Remini said the following about him:

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/805235027181260800

JSp170W.png

Note the cc @MartyRathbun

It it is doubtful* that Marty missed the above 26 November 2016 tweet specifically tweeted to his attention since he presumably had to open Twitter to tweet out his 9 December 2016 post and tweet:

https://twitter.com/MartyRathbun/status/807344947385036801

kgqUhi1.png

*[EDITED TO ADD: Unless he tweeted from within Wordpress and never actually opened up Twitter between 26 November 2016 and his 9 December 2016 post and tweet?]

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Ratbun can't even carry Leah Remini's jock strap. Yeah, she has bigger balls than him. Ultimately he's a sellout. Same as Debbie Cook. Take the HUSH money from Miscavige and pretend you fought the good fight. Thanks to both of you for the entertainment in the "court cases". But you both have tiny little clinkers for a soul.

https://youtu.be/-WCFUGCOLLU

Want to see a real big being? Look at Leah Remini.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Leah makes it very clear who she is criticising whereas Marty keeps popping his head up to take potshots at persons unknown and then disappears while people try to figure out who he's talking about.

Leah is for real. Marty is an attention-seeker.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Well, Mike did come out with a rather eloquent blanket apology on his blog last week.
Perhaps something is going on in the background that has nothing to do with Leah's show.
As usual Marty is so vague, but opening with "apropos of current events", certainly leave the door open to considering Leah's show, since that's the biggest current event happening regarding the cult right now.

I agree that there is something going on in the background ... with little hints being dropped here and there but I find it hard to believe than he would be so stupid as to try and knock what Leah is doing, he would be loathed worldwide for even trying ... and I don't mean just by exes. People who have never been involved in the cult are watching that show by the thousands and I can't imagine why he would want to go down that road for a moment, perhaps because I haven't (yet) bought the idea that he is back working for the cofs ... due to him having been paid off.

Leah would make mincemeat of him if he did that just by quietly producing information for the world to see about his past (because many never ins won't understand yet how it all fits together) ... and he must realise that?

I can accept (easily) that a payoff has occurred but not that he would have agreed to actually become a puppet for miscavige ... I think that would slowly kill him, no matter how desperate for money he was. Others have taken the money from the cofs and just agreed to the gag instead, I'd have expected him to go down that road first, even if it meant a lot less money.

I assumed he may have seen the recent post from Caroline here and the suggestion of a filmed meeting with Mark Bunker to try and heal the rift (the suggestion was that it could occur between Mike Rinder and Gerry Armstrong but Caroline had mentioned Marty Rathbun in her post so I thought it may be his way of saying "thanks but no thanks" in case he was invited too).

But in the end, who knows?... I know that Leah is kicking arse and apparently has 6 more episodes to go and her sending out that sweet message about Marty (on the 26th) tells me that she has no axe to grind with him and he may even appear in one of the 6 remaining episodes, all of which I imagine were already in the can (with or without Marty) when she tweeted it.

I think this is the link to the original post (re the book "The Sociopath next door") ... it's from 2011 though not 2010 (as Marty mentioned). I have not been able to view episode two of Leah's show so have no idea who appears in it but the episode I saw (the first one) certainly had nobody in it that was trying to gain "pity".

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Is Marty saying that Leah et al are psychopaths because they are appealing to pity?

That assertion would only make Marty the biggest asshole.

On this planet.

JustSheila

Crusader
[FONT=&amp]Posted on December 9, 2016 by Mark C. Rathbun | 12 comments[/FONT]
Apropos of current events, I offer for contemplation a passage from the book The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout. Ironically, after I introduced this book on my blog in 2010, some of its most fervent subsequent promoters turned out to be described to a tee within it.

Translation:

Just like L Ron, I spend my life imagining demons all around me, fighting them and screaming at them. This is your brain on Scientology.

L_Ron_Hubbard_NY.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Posted by Marty Rathbun on his own blog:

"Apropos of current events, I offer for contemplation a passage from the book The Sociopath Next Door. . . "

Rathbun, despite his previous and tremendous contributions to the world of Scientology whistleblowing, continues in 2016 to descend into a precipitous free-fall of ambiguity and equivocation. It began with his sudden and inexplicable abandonment of the lawsuit vs. Miscavige and COS--for which he offered no explanation to his supporters and readers. Instead of responding to sincere and concerned questions with simple courtesy, insults ensued.

Thus, rather than blogging (writing) on his blog, he put on a show instead by storming about his cyber stage with incomprehensible rhetorical tantrums that specialized in the insinuation of unspecified acts of evil to unnamed persons.

And now he returns to his blog, but nobody has any slightest clue what he means by "apropos of current events"; nor can anyone guess which of his supportive blog fans are declared (by him) to perfectly fit the description of the sociopath next door. This marks a new low in blogging wherein a blog's founder and sole essayist begins dedicating most of their efforts--not to writing-- but to trolling their own blog and readers!

Stay tuned (lest you rue) while I prepare the ground to write a book entitled "The Self-Troller Next Door".

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Rathbun, despite his previous and tremendous contributions to the world of Scientology whistleblowing, continues in 2016 to descend into a precipitous free-fall of ambiguity and equivocation. It began with his sudden and inexplicable abandonment of the lawsuit vs. Miscavige and COS--for which he offered no explanation to his supporters and readers. Instead of responding to sincere and concerned questions with simple courtesy, insults ensued.

Thus, rather than blogging (writing) on his blog, he put on a show instead by storming about his cyber stage with incomprehensible rhetorical tantrums that specialized in the insinuation of unspecified acts of evil to unnamed persons.

And now he returns to his blog, but nobody has any slightest clue what he means by "apropos of current events"; nor can anyone guess which of his supportive blog fans are declared (by him) to perfectly fit the description of the sociopath next door. This marks a new low in blogging wherein a blog's founder and sole essayist begins dedicating most of their efforts--not to writing-- but to trolling their own blog and readers!

Stay tuned (lest you rue) while I prepare the ground to write a book entitled "The Self-Troller Next Door".

It reminds me of a line from "Saint of Circumstance"

Listen, sure don't know what I going for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure...

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

.. I know that Leah is kicking arse and apparently has 6 more episodes to go and her sending out that sweet message about Marty (on the 26th) tells me that she has no axe to grind with him and he may even appear in one of the 6 remaining episodes, all of which I imagine were already in the can (with or without Marty) when she tweeted it.

Despite nobody can figure out what's going on wtih Marty , what he is doing, why, and what he expects..one thing is obvious per facts and his behavior

He painted himself in the corner
as an attention seeker..it's an uncomfortable position when a lot of exciting things are happening and you are left in that corner...
(even his 3-4 devoted followers deserted his blogs...)

It seems to me he only remains with bitterness and vague allusions only him knows about....in his bubble...
Issues we will be told about, in due time..if we stay tuned! :blush:

Last edited: