What's new

Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer.

The Go Fund Me:

https://www.gofundme.com/26qhw3g

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Help Marty Beat Pancreatic Cancer

11784323_1464395173.8837.jpg

The last thing I thought I would ever be doing in my life is writing a letter to you asking for help. But considering the circumstances, it’s really my only option, so thank you for reading this.

My name is Marty Buttwinick and I was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It was caught at an early stage and I don’t have any major symptoms, yet, but there it is in plain sight, based on X-rays, CT Scans and a biopsy that were done at USC County Hospital last month. In a nutshell, if this cancer is not handled now, the odds for surviving are not good. And that’s why I need your help: to undergo treatment to contain it and reduce it before it spreads.

Unfortunately, the most effective type of treatment for my situation is not available in the U.S., so I am right now in Europe undergoing the first phase of a three-phase protocol. I personally witnessed a good friend of mine opting to do this European treatment about three years ago and that person not only handled the cancer, but is very much alive and well.

The good news, financially, is that this treatment is relatively economical compared to traditional treatments offered back home, the latter offering only a 6% chance of success. Economical as it is, there are still costs of food, shelter, and not working while undergoing the treatment. That’s why I’m asking for a manageable total of $25,000, which will cover seven more weeks of the European protocol, followed by a doctor-supervised intensive nutrition regimen to take place either at a specialized clinic in New York, or in Mexico.

As a musician, teacher and author, I still have a lot of music to create, students to teach and books to write. And I have lots of friends (and will probably make many new ones because of this unexpected chapter in my life).

So please donate what you can, and share this GoFundMe link with your family, friends and associates so that they may contribute as well.

Thank you so much for your help.

Marty

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Marty Buttwinick's Scientology Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/marty-buttwinick.html

Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 25 individual completions for Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
Marty ButtwinickPURIFICATION RUNDOWNCelebrity1982-03-01
Marty ButtwinickSUNSHINE RUNDOWNCelebrity1983-03-01
Marty ButtwinickFINANCIAL RESCUE COURSECelebrity 2201988-08-01
Marty ButtwinickCLEAR CERTAINTY RUNDOWNAuditor 2211988-10-01
Marty ButtwinickARC STRAIGHTWIREAuditor 2261989-07-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE DYNAMICS OF MONEY COURSECelebrity 2811994-12-01
Marty ButtwinickSTUDENT HATCelebrity 3151998-11-01
Marty ButtwinickHUBBARD DIANETICS SEMINARCelebrity 3252000-05-01
Marty ButtwinickARC STRAIGHTWIRECelebrity 3412002-09-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY DRUG RUNDOWNCelebrity 3412002-09-01
Marty ButtwinickPOSTULATES CONGRESSCelebrity 3652005-04-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS & THE DIANETICS LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS COURSECelebrity 3882008-03-01
Marty ButtwinickFUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT COURSEFreewinds 712008-03-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS: THE ORIGINAL THESIS COURSECelebrity 3902008-06-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS: THE EVOLUTION OF A SCIENCE COURSECelebrity 3902008-06-01
Marty ButtwinickFORMULAS FOR LIVING COURSECelebrity 4022011-03-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESS COURSECelebrity 4022011-03-01
Marty ButtwinickTRS & OBJECTIVES CO-AUDIT COURSECelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickHOW TO GET MOTIVATEDCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickEFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENTCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSETTING AND ACHIEVING YOUR GOALSCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESSCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY PRINCIPLES OF PROSPERITYCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSECelebrity 4122013-01-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE FACTORS: ADMIRATION AND THE RENAISSANCE OF BEINGNESS COURSECelebrity 4122013-01-01
Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.
Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Publications

The following 2 mentions of Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
Marty ButtwinickHonor Roll of the IASImpact 1022002-12-01
Marty ButtwinickHonor RollImpact 1142006-09-01
Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.
Marty Buttwinick and the Clear List

Appearances by Marty Buttwinick in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database:
Clear No. 15,589 MARTY BUTTWINICK, CC LAAuditor 160

Marty Buttwinick and Scientologist Online Sites

Marty Buttwinick has a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site: Marty Buttwinick - Scientologist Online site
Marty Buttwinick and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.

Marty Buttwinick appears in a recent WISE directory:
2001 WISE Directory:Category: Publishing

Marty Buttwinick
Sonata Publishing
1277 S. Adams St.

Glendale, CA 91205-3644
United States
Tel. (1) 818-242-7551
Fax (1) 818-242-5551
E-Mail: sonata@[provider].net

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty Buttwinick
Honor Roll of the IAS
Impact 102
2002-12-01

So did Marty Buttwinick already ask the IAS to give him a small amount of his money back ?

From his completions one can see that Marty probably is not aware of the source of his problems:

A crazed BT

Maybe someone could inform him about that and try to explain it to him ?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Very sad.

At the very least the cost of the four "rescue and stress" finance and money courses (that he did) should be refunded immediately, but we all know they won't be.

ForLease

Maximus Squirrel
Sounds like he's about to get scammed again by the European "doctors."

Pancreatic cancer is tough for a reason.

Ignoring evidenced-based medicine for nutritional cures and magical thinking is especially sad.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Am fairly sceptical about the, 'European treatment' however the proton treatment is apparently effective. Not sure if it's available in the USA, but after a boy in the UK was taken out of hospital by his parents against doctors advice. They were arrested in Spain, but later released as it turned out the Proton treatment was proven and the National Health Service in the UK are considering it as a treatment.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Am fairly sceptical about the, 'European treatment' however the proton treatment is apparently effective. Not sure if it's available in the USA, but after a boy in the UK was taken out of hospital by his parents against doctors advice. They were arrested in Spain, but later released as it turned out the Proton treatment was proven and the National Health Service in the UK are considering it as a treatment.

Proton treatment is available in the USA in a lot of locations

for example https://www.mdanderson.org/patients-family/diagnosis-treatment/care-centers-clinics/proton-therapy-center.html

but this guys request makes no mention of "proton treatment" - he says nothing about what the treatment actually is.

I do wish him well but from what he is writing it sounds like he is investing in woo.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
This poor sap will be discarded by scio like a dirty rag. The IAS will want nothing to do with him and of course will offer nothing to help him. In the scio bubble, people don't 'just get sick', they 'pull it in'. He will be made a pariah because he is either associated with a really bad SP or he has a huge overt (done something bad) against scio.

There is no room in the cultists minds for any other reason that a person gets sick. Dr. Hubbard's 'tek' is 100% correct, 100% of the time.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Proton treatment is available in the USA in a lot of locations

for example https://www.mdanderson.org/patients...re-centers-clinics/proton-therapy-center.html

but this guys request makes no mention of "proton treatment" - he says nothing about what the treatment actually is.

I do wish him well but from what he is writing it sounds like he is investing in woo.

Oh fair enough. I wasn't sure why someone would have to come to Europe for treatment. I do seem to remember some alternative doctor in Mexico who lots of scientologists used to go to, Think he did high dose vitamin c?

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
Anyone knowing about his connection with Scientology could ask: why is this huge religion, which supposedly has millions and millions of people and wants to clear the planet, not able to help him? Aren't they supposed to have power over matter, energy, space, and time?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Help Scientology Member Marty Buttwinick Beat Pancreatic Cancer.

The Go Fund Me:

https://www.gofundme.com/26qhw3g

Help Marty Beat Pancreatic Cancer

11784323_1464395173.8837.jpg

The last thing I thought I would ever be doing in my life is writing a letter to you asking for help. But considering the circumstances, it’s really my only option, so thank you for reading this.

My name is Marty Buttwinick and I was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It was caught at an early stage and I don’t have any major symptoms, yet, but there it is in plain sight, based on X-rays, CT Scans and a biopsy that were done at USC County Hospital last month. In a nutshell, if this cancer is not handled now, the odds for surviving are not good. And that’s why I need your help: to undergo treatment to contain it and reduce it before it spreads.

Unfortunately, the most effective type of treatment for my situation is not available in the U.S., so I am right now in Europe undergoing the first phase of a three-phase protocol. I personally witnessed a good friend of mine opting to do this European treatment about three years ago and that person not only handled the cancer, but is very much alive and well.

The good news, financially, is that this treatment is relatively economical compared to traditional treatments offered back home, the latter offering only a 6% chance of success. Economical as it is, there are still costs of food, shelter, and not working while undergoing the treatment. That’s why I’m asking for a manageable total of $25,000, which will cover seven more weeks of the European protocol, followed by a doctor-supervised intensive nutrition regimen to take place either at a specialized clinic in New York, or in Mexico.

As a musician, teacher and author, I still have a lot of music to create, students to teach and books to write. And I have lots of friends (and will probably make many new ones because of this unexpected chapter in my life).

So please donate what you can, and share this GoFundMe link with your family, friends and associates so that they may contribute as well.

Thank you so much for your help.

Marty

Marty Buttwinick's Scientology Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/marty-buttwinick.html

Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 25 individual completions for Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
Marty ButtwinickPURIFICATION RUNDOWNCelebrity1982-03-01
Marty ButtwinickSUNSHINE RUNDOWNCelebrity1983-03-01
Marty ButtwinickFINANCIAL RESCUE COURSECelebrity 2201988-08-01
Marty ButtwinickCLEAR CERTAINTY RUNDOWNAuditor 2211988-10-01
Marty ButtwinickARC STRAIGHTWIREAuditor 2261989-07-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE DYNAMICS OF MONEY COURSECelebrity 2811994-12-01
Marty ButtwinickSTUDENT HATCelebrity 3151998-11-01
Marty ButtwinickHUBBARD DIANETICS SEMINARCelebrity 3252000-05-01
Marty ButtwinickARC STRAIGHTWIRECelebrity 3412002-09-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY DRUG RUNDOWNCelebrity 3412002-09-01
Marty ButtwinickPOSTULATES CONGRESSCelebrity 3652005-04-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS & THE DIANETICS LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS COURSECelebrity 3882008-03-01
Marty ButtwinickFUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT COURSEFreewinds 712008-03-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS: THE ORIGINAL THESIS COURSECelebrity 3902008-06-01
Marty ButtwinickDIANETICS: THE EVOLUTION OF A SCIENCE COURSECelebrity 3902008-06-01
Marty ButtwinickFORMULAS FOR LIVING COURSECelebrity 4022011-03-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESS COURSECelebrity 4022011-03-01
Marty ButtwinickTRS & OBJECTIVES CO-AUDIT COURSECelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickHOW TO GET MOTIVATEDCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickEFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENTCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSETTING AND ACHIEVING YOUR GOALSCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY TOOLS FOR OVERCOMING FINANCIAL STRESSCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickSCIENTOLOGY PRINCIPLES OF PROSPERITYCelebrity 4082012-02-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE PHILADELPHIA DOCTORATE COURSECelebrity 4122013-01-01
Marty ButtwinickTHE FACTORS: ADMIRATION AND THE RENAISSANCE OF BEINGNESS COURSECelebrity 4122013-01-01
Marty Buttwinick in Scientology's Publications

The following 2 mentions of Marty Buttwinick appear in official Scientology publications:
Marty ButtwinickHonor Roll of the IASImpact 1022002-12-01
Marty ButtwinickHonor RollImpact 1142006-09-01
Marty Buttwinick and the Clear List

Appearances by Marty Buttwinick in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database:
Clear No. 15,589 MARTY BUTTWINICK, CC LAAuditor 160

Marty Buttwinick and Scientologist Online Sites

Marty Buttwinick has a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site: Marty Buttwinick - Scientologist Online site
Marty Buttwinick and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.

Marty Buttwinick appears in a recent WISE directory:
2001 WISE Directory:Category: Publishing

Marty Buttwinick
Sonata Publishing
1277 S. Adams St.

Glendale, CA 91205-3644
United States
Tel. (1) 818-242-7551
Fax (1) 818-242-5551
E-Mail: sonata@[provider].net

Sad to say but Marty has reached one of the many destructive and disastrous side effects

CANCER is one of the EEE PEEs of Scientology

He is broke so he has to beg

I can't wait until this cult is shut down!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Sad to say but Marty has reached one of the many destructive and disastrous side effects

CANCER is one of the EEE PEEs of Scientology

He is broke so he has to beg

I can't wait until this cult is shut down!
As noted above, it appears he can no longer beg because it appears he has passed away.

From The Wrong Guy on WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/hel.../#post-2600759

Marty's last post on his Facebook page was on January 7th, where he changed his status to "feeling tired."

According to tributes left on Facebook, Marty died on January 10th.

https://www.facebook.com/mbuttwinick

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
What exactly is the difference between the Sciento-logical doctrine that "you pulled it in" and the New Age belief that bad events in your life are the result of your negative thoughts? They are both very cruel blaming the victim beliefs, which seem to be based on "you're worse off than me, so fuck you."

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
What exactly is the difference between the Sciento-logical doctrine that "you pulled it in" and the New Age belief that bad events in your life are the result of your negative thoughts? They are both very cruel blaming the victim beliefs, which seem to be based on "you're worse off than me, so fuck you."

At some point in the PTS course materials, cultists learn that in order to be PTS to something they must have overts in the area. This then paints the sick or diseased person as "not a good Scnist" who must have overts or didn't come clean in their sec-checking, and therefore it is OK to not have sympathy for them (not to mention sympathy is "low-toned"). And so they back away from them, and try not to think about the "entheta" and distraction. They are also then re-invigorated in their dedication to going up the Bridge, which, it is hoped fervently, will protect THEM from such a horrible fate.

The cognitive dissonance at this point in a cultist's life, must be deafening.

Last edited:

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Not about Marty but Robin Hanses who was regg at St Louis for many many years is nearing the end with colo-rectal cancer,6 mos at the most.

I found this old post about her from Jim Little.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?20475-Jim-Little-Ex-Cult-Member-St-Louis/page6

>>>
Hi Immortal,

Yes, Robin Hanses went off to Flag for years and years to become a Class VI auditor, but in the end it didn't work out and she came back, did some amends projects and got posted back as the reg. Matt Hanses was the reg while Robin was out for training then he moved on up to HCO.

I feel bad for Robin she works her but off trying to get people to actually take courses, but when you are squeezing blood out of a turnip because the person has already been thru the ringer of IAS donations, Ideal Org donations, and buy your Basic Book packages blah blah blah there just isn't much left besides selling the kids for science experiments.

She has been written up by her own son because she was not pulling in the money like she should be doing. The STL Org got behind 3 months on their loan payments this year, but they made sure that the ISA and the Ideal Org Fund got their money. Makes me sick thinking about it.

The STL Staff work their asses off because they still believe there is a bridge to somewhere and they truly all want to help. They get paid peanuts and even the executives have to moonlight. Its been like this for decades and they can't just step out of that box and realize that its bullshit about Scientology really expanding. <<<

I feel bad about this in a way as she was one of the nicest people I ever met in Scn and I am probably responsible for some of the suppression which lead to this condition, at least she probably thinks this. I don't know why those in can't see that the tech does not give them any magically powers over things like this. Robin will be a cultist to the end and she feels it was her ethics problems which caused her disease. If there truly is an after life this is a hell of a way to enter it believing you caused it.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
So sad to hear that Marty passed away. :bigcry: He was a kooky Scientologist but a good man and would do anything for his friends. RIP Marty~! I am sorry the cult ripped you off, gave you cancer and would not help you in your time of need.

The family is trying to "sell" his
Scientology shit for 50% off the regular cult prices.

Makes me sick to think they have to resort to this - don't they know Scientology shit has no value.:no: