What's new

Camera used to spy on the home of Clay Irwin in Clearwater, FL. Was it Scientology?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Camera used to spy on the home of Clay Irwin in Clearwater, FL. Was it the Church of Scientology?

Tony Ortega has the story. Second item.

Tony Ortega: Smile, Clay Irwin, you’re on creepy camera! (Second Item).

http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/16/ma...meones-worried-about-scientology-and-the-irs/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Smile, Clay Irwin, you’re on creepy camera!

Clearwater, Florida tavernkeeper Clay Irwin messaged us a couple of photos yesterday, asking us if he should be concerned.

He explained that Bruno, his Miniature Pinscher, had been barking at something in the bushes on the property of his neighbor. Clay went over to see what it might be, and found this item, with a short metal rod stuck into the ground. He says it was well hidden, but he could see that it was pointed at his house.

sviRpuy.jpg

[SNIP ADDITIONAL PICTURES OF THE CAMERA]

We asked Clay if the lens of the Brinno camera had been aimed at his driveway.

“Yep. Totally,” he said.

A similar camera, you will remember, was mounted on a tree facing the driveway at Marty and Monique Rathbun’s house in Texas when they were under intense surveillance by Church of Scientology operatives. Rathbun, who used to run such operations before he left the church in 2004, said that the purpose of such a camera was to capture images of license plates so private investigators could determine who was visiting the house.

“No flipping way,” Irwin said when we explained this to him.

We’ve written about Irwin several times. He’s the owner of the Lucky Anchor pub on Cleveland Street in Clearwater, which he opened at the beginning of this year, right in the middle of Scientology’s “Flag Land Base” campus. He told us he was determined to get along with his church neighbors when he opened for business, but since then he’s had some run-ins with the organization that have complicated that relationship. * * * *

[SNIP]

“I’ve been feeling like I have been followed,” he says. “I took the camera inside and opened it up. I searched the serial number online, but I didn’t find anything. I took the card out and my laptop is downloading files from it right now. They’re huge files.”

He found that the camera used four AA batteries, which lasted for 80 hours before needing to be changed, according to its specs. The camera looked like it had been there for numerous days, and so the batteries would have been changed several times, he estimates.

We told him we’d be interested to learn what he finds in the images recorded by the camera. He said he’d be happy to share that with us.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Re: Camera used to spy on the home of Clay Irwin in Clearwater, FL. Was it Scientolog

Tony posted pics from the camera. There were ones from a prior "job", same type of scenario...camera placed low catching Car/people in driveway. The pics were of a woman and a young girl. I was really hoping that the pic would go viral and the woman would see it, just case she wasn't aware she was being watched but also to find out if she had ties with COS because that would help prove thats who set it up.

Leland

Crusader
Re: Camera used to spy on the home of Clay Irwin in Clearwater, FL. Was it Scientolog

This is soooo interesting!

Hidden spy cameras.....WoW!

I have no doubt the Cult is doing this....or hiring PIs to do it. ( at major expense too. )

Edited:
I can't find this on The Bunker...

Edited: Found it....have to go to earlier posts....at the bottom.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Why is Scn pissed off at the guy?

Lone Star

Crusader

Why is Scn pissed off at the guy?

There's an ongoing situation with Clay Irwin right now. LIVE! Go to the Bunker for details. Clay is posting update videos on his facebook page.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/15/sc...rwater-sending-a-message-to-the-lucky-anchor/

The cult is using "inappropriate, annoying street party tech" against his bar tonight.

I'll share what the deal is with him in a minute.

guanoloco

As-Wased

Any church that would conduct surveillance need its 501c yanked.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree but the surveillance is probably being done by PI's who are paid by lawyers who are paid by some obscure company that can only be traced back to the CoS after a great deal of investigation.

If anybody bothers to trace it back to the CoS they'll just say they only asked for information about the guy, they didn't ask for surveillance to be done.

It's like trying to get hold of a slippery eel.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Particularly surveillance of a person who took a tour of a church facility !

Scientology

Patron

Someone might recognize the blonde

Honda Odyssey (right ?) a blonde, probably in some power position that have gained interests.
scientology-fl-clearwater.jpeg

in the background a .... a parking in front of ..

scientology-odyssey.jpeg

Possibly a picture from 14 February 2017

scientology-pi.jpeg

The beautiful photographer - selfie in strong backlight

scientology-florida-spy.jpeg

Some childrne

scientology-florida-pambondi.jpeg
scientology-florida-honda-odyssey.jpeg

The building in the background ... Someone might recognize some details here, i hope and guess.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

It would seem the sleuthing abilities of OSA have slithered way down - unless the camera was a "noisy" surveillance to let the guy know 'he was being watched'.

Like most of their attempts to intimidate, all they did manage was to do was get heels dug in as the cult made yet another enemy for life.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

It would seem the sleuthing abilities of OSA have slithered way down - unless the camera was a "noisy" surveillance to let the guy know 'he was being watched'.

Like most of their attempts to intimidate, all they did manage was to do was get heels dug in as the cult made yet another enemy for life.

I think that must be why the dog dialed into it - the shutter was motion activated and clicking every time the dog moved, LOL!

Channeling De Niro, "Are you clicking at me?, are your clicking at me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJOxbaC8YU

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Inept clowns - that'd be saying it nicely.

They must be so immersed in this world that they can't think things through anymore.

I don't think this was a "noisy investigation" per LRH spy tech. If it was they wouldn't have left the image files of a previous surveillance subject on it - but then again, maybe they really are just that stupid.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

They must be so immersed in this world that they can't think things through anymore.

I don't think this was a "noisy investigation" per LRH spy tech. If it was they wouldn't have left the image files of a previous surveillance subject on it - but then again, maybe they really are just that stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Scientology

Patron

Ok the woman
pambondi.jpg

...is probably not pam bondi

scientology_low.jpg

Ok an camera like this in all weather case
Taking pictures across the street
https://www.google.com/maps/place/508+N+Washington+Ave,+Clearwater,+FL+33755,+USA/@27.9712011,-82.7906018,3a,33.4y,86.56h,63.14t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1ss-Y2bV6PkuuPiLPbuW248A!2e0!5s20140501T000000!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x88c2f11d73c54009:0xe4cacbf69596a6ce!8m2!3d27.9714303!4d-82.7908761

I wonder a little about what we can identify in the earlier spy images and how it would look in a more regular perspective.

A Blonde mother with two daughter and a Honda odyssey
in the back a House with pillars in what might be a turning point and a number 5 on a sign, why is it there?

https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9055527,-82.8330965,3a,51.4y,223.72h,94.63t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sW-vcPFbexUqdyFxoWjf_Dw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Can the curved pillar be the railing of a staircase ... like above?

scientology-florida-spy.jpeg

I really want to know who they are spying on here and why

Anyone who has a reasonable suggestion of what object & location it can be about?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Why aren't the cops involved in this investigation? Aren't there any laws against taking hidden pictures of women and children?