What's new

Maurie Karger still a Scio?

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
...the reason why I ask is she owns/runs(?) THE emergency vet hospital for my area (Arlington,TX) and was sued for having employees take Sci classes in '99:

http://www.skeptictank.org/kanimal.htm

If monies from this practice are still going to Scientology, I don't want to take my animals here, as I currently do--and I need to find another emergency option.

I'm SO hoping she's no longer involved with them, and it's been a while and so many people have broken away....

Does anyone know?

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
am I aloud to ask that?

I hope I don't offend by asking...I'm just a little freaked out. I don't have any children, just my animals, and that's where I go when it's something serious. We have spent a TON of money there. I'd hate to think any of it went to CoS.

Anyway, her name was Marjorie "Maurie" Dewey - Karger, and I think her husband was a dentist.

I've googled to see if the business changed hands after the lawsuit, but she's still the principal.

sigh.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I think she's still in...

Here is an email from the Dallas OT committee from a month ago. The formatting is a bit off doing a cut/paste.

It doesn't mean she is still in but certainly did donate a lot. This is for the NEW BUILDING FUND. Dallas Org bought the building about 3 or 4 years ago and still hasn't moved in. It is really a nice building in a nice area (Las Colinas).

Notice her and Ken gave over $1,000,000.00!!! He's a great dentist, too. But that doesn't pay enough and he's branching out and doing some land development, too. Don't worry about any more of your money going to CO$; they borrowed so much that I think their money will be going to pay back loans!

As of about 6 months ago, they were both active. I do think though that Ken kind of sees what's going on and will wake up sooner than later. Maurie went through so much hell with the Co$ that I'm not sure why she's still in AND giving so much money! She is an OT VIII and last I knew, Ken was on OTVII.

I will say this; they are two of the nicest people I've ever met.

I hope to see them on the boards someday. I'm sure they are going to freak out when they wake up and realize they gave Davey over one million dollars!

BTW, I should be on the "friends" list at the bottom. I gave several hundred dollars. I wonder why my name isn't on there? Can I sue them? I'm so sad...

Subject: Donations as of Week Ending 11 Sept, 2008
Date: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 1:06 AM

SPECIAL MENTION MR. JIM JOHNSON AND JOANN CAMPISI UPPED THEIR STATUS-YEA!!!!!

YOU TOO CAN UPGRADE TO THE NEXT STATUS, THE RENOVATIONS HAVE BEGUN!!!!!

DALLAS IDEAL ORG RENOVATION DONATIONS

Many other people have upgraded and added to their status since January 2008. We thank you all.

New Civilization Builder - $1,000,000

Byrd & Hildegard Jessup- Ken & Mauri Karger - Mike & Margene Zimmer

Platinum Humanitarian - $750,000

Gold Humanitarian - $500,000

Silver Humanitarian - $250,000

Bob & Trish Duggan

Humanitarian With Honors - $150,000

Mr. Jim Johnson- New Status

Humanitarian - $100,000

Tom Houston- -Juan Villareal

Premier Benefactor - $50,000

Andy Magnus Family-David & Erika Melrose-Sharon Phillips-Cheryl Peterein

Benefactor - $35,000

George Bobbitt- Ann O'Connor

Vanguard With Honors - $20,000

Brenda Basken-Gary & Carol Beeny- Bryan & Kelli Moore-Rick Scott

Vanguard - $10,000

JoAnn Campisi- NEW STATUS

Dallas Org-Dan & Ann Dembinski-Chuck & Brenda Feilmeier-Daniel Galeana-Coree Giraldo-Ed & Angie Guignon-Chad & Robin Hebert-Russ Hinch-Larry Johonnesson- Chuck Kowitz-Charlene Lewis(Hebert)-Joseph Mativich-David & Susan McGill-Dawn Reyes-Kelli Slate-Michelle Wilson

Alumni - $5000

John & Claudia Bianchi-Dolores Bischof-Lynn Bryant-Larry Buhman-Marco Chiancianesi-Daniele Longoni-Vicki Densmore-Bill & Theresa Dolaway-Peter & Jennifer Eyestone-David & Anita Garvey-John Golashesky-Dan & Cindy Levine-John Marth-Debbie Meyer-Jack Nunn-Jimmy Osorio-Gary Richie-Rick & Divina Spies-Pat & Kay Spruill-Richard & Ann Stokley-Ric & Nina Tan

Contributor - $1000

Joe Arnett-Jeff Badyna- -John Chivian-Steve Cicala-James Coode-Glenn Dunlap-Suzanne Eisenstark-Juan Giraldo-Ricardo Guillen-Stephen & Pamela Hackley-Beata Howe-Doug Hubert-Karen Kelley-Kristi Livingston-Larry Macdowell-J.Ron Marquis-Chris & Tina Marshall-Lee Ann Martin-Matt Olmstead-Steve & Judy Reid-Nelly Rodriguez-Sandi Sampson-Adam Schiestel-Mark Sheffler-Vivian Teegardin-Stephen Tribbett-Steve Trower-Mark & Gail Van Arsdall-Pat West-Michael & Adrienne Wilson-Phil York

Supporter - $500

Russell Beason-Steve Bloomberg-Ann Cannon-Tom Castellon-Lance Durrett-Toby Lewis-Ray & Julia Roark-John Rubin-Kevin Rush-Pedro & Imelda SalazarTim & Patty Simpson-Greg & Melissa Sola-Lee Spencer-Robert Splawn-Rebekah Anne Taylor

Friends

Jesse Alvarado-Israel Arredondo-Lynne Auerbach-Victor Bedolla-Chuck Bell-Frank Black-Bonnie Bloom-German Bonilla-Carlos Brito-George & Cindi Bruce-Stephanie Bulaclac-Jerri Carter-Pott-Force Chamberlain-Chris Cleveland-Rosa Coover-Steve Craig-Douglas Crowder-Damacio Cruz-Mark Darner-Lincoln Davis-Byron & Yolanda Dawson-Steve Decker-Lee & Jason Degrande-Helen Dorothy-James & Wenona Dunn-Roy Fairbanks-Angela Frey-Bob Frybarger-Emmanuel Garcia-John Henry & Xochilt Garza-Wanda Gaston-Marsha Gibson-Donna Gilliland-Diane Grimm-Steven Goodman-Lavan Grey-Amir Gueron-Gregory Gum-Trevor Hackley-John & Jenny Haggerty-Daniel Hamann-Dave Hamann-Rosalie Hamilton-Scott & Dena Hatfield-Lynn Hauptman-Holt Haynsworth-Brittany Hebert-Dorothy Helen-Ernesto & Ruth Herrera-Francoise Hooks-Neil House-Bob Hudson-Rick Hull-Sherene Hull-Robert & Dana Jackson-Anita & Royal Jandreau-Zach Jessup-Maurine Jones-Brian & Rhonda Jordan-Otilio Lanig-Marian Lark-Kathleen Letteau-Brandi Levine-Mike Martin-Nikki Martin-Ameda McColey-Julie McKee-Scott Milner-Ben Morrison-Amanda Myers-Dennis Neitling-Alvin O’Mell-Denise Pike-Jarrett Pulis-Julie Ramirez-Juan Ramos-Lonnie Redd-Ben Reed-Robin & Diana Rhyne-Gergely & Andrea Ribarits-Emily Roark-Arthur Roberts-Harvey Robinson-Diego Romero-Pedro Salazar-Jorge Perez-Salmeron-Kelsey Sampson-Ken & Yvonne Schick-Kate Siebert-Jeff Siebert-Sandra Simmons-Shirley Smith-Bret Snow-Marion Sowka-Loren Spethman-Colby Stracener-Stayton & Shelli Swanberg-Olla Theimer-Patricia Thompson-Claire Wagner-Sandi Walker-Kevin Wells-Michelle West-Ron Westbrook-Judy Whittington-Jim Woeltjen-Velvete Womack

Last edited:

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
hmmm

Thank you for that information. I'm very angry.

There's a woman named Carrol Crocker who ran an animal rescue in Rainsville Alabama (they had no Animal Shelter) until someone burned her 187 year old homestead down with her old/sick dogs and all her cats in it, so she's been living in the detached garage with no plumbing to take care of what dogs she could save and the outdoor dogs (@ 100) on her 5 acres. She's 66 years old and does it on SS and her airline pension, and she's worked out special pricing with local vets for medical care.

SHE's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Possibly those vets are nice people.

A vet in by far the most expensive practice in our area, that gives a million dollars to a cult while shelters are overflowing with animals and rescues run on a shoestring are going under left and right, is possibly NOT one the nicest people I'll ever meet.:no:

To be fair, I believe I have met her and she seemed very kind, but I'm appalled.

sigh.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Thank you for that information. I'm very angry.

There's a woman named Carrol Crocker who ran an animal rescue in Rainsville Alabama (they had no Animal Shelter) until someone burned her 187 year old homestead down with her old/sick dogs and all her cats in it, so she's been living in the detached garage with no plumbing to take care of what dogs she could save and the outdoor dogs (@ 100) on her 5 acres. She's 66 years old and does it on SS and her airline pension, and she's worked out special pricing with local vets for medical care.

SHE's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Possibly those vets are nice people.

A vet in by far the most expensive practice in our area, that gives a million dollars to a cult while shelters are overflowing with animals and rescues run on a shoestring are going under left and right, is possibly NOT one the nicest people I'll ever meet.:no:

To be fair, I believe I have met her and she seemed very kind, but I'm appalled.

sigh.

the negativity was not aimed towards anyone on this board. Thanks again for your response.

No offense taken. You know, the fact that Maurie has been tricked, conned, ripped-off, perhaps even stupid, doesn't take away from her good intentions. She THOUGHT this million dollars would help everyone, everywhere; eventually even the dogs and cats of this universe. Believe me, once she wakes up, she's going to regret this and be very angry, too. She'll have wished she donated the money to our canine friends. Donations to the buildings can NOT be refunded or returned. This is Davey's surefire way to extract tens of milllions of dollars from Scientologists. Many of us ex-scio's understand what she did and at one time felt happy and proud of her but now, we just feel sad for her. :no: :confused2: :bigcry:

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
I would think that after (before, during) the lawsuit, the church would have behaved badly enough to have turned her off the church. Do you think they are *really* still in, or are they just trapped by their all their connections, etc?

Both their practices are modern and I don't see a way for them to avoid information for this long?

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
Also, I had so hoped since the CC in Dallas was almost nearly empty and the "new" org in Irving is being eternally renovated, that Scientology would be a non-issue here, I guess it was just a blow to see that someone I did business with would be that big of a contributor.

If the were primarily in b/c of relentless pressure--would there be any way to know?

Well for someone to have donated a million bucks to the cause you might figure that they were pretty well involved.

A long time staff member of CC Dallas just left staff and now works for Mauri.

Mauri and Ken settled that law suit against them to "protect" the Church. This I know for a FACT. The reasoning was that if he had gone to court and lost it would have shut WISE down in the entire USA.

So they settled.

oh, relentless pressure? there is ALWAYS relentless pressure. Mauri is at the top of the Bridge so she gets tons of it EVERY DAY.

Last edited:

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Mauri Karger still a scio?

Still in. Her husband is too. I wouldn't be surprised that they did donate 1 million dollars to the CO$.

They have two managers who are scios. Wait, I heard that one left. Still in?

Lot's of staff turnover from what I was told.

So who is this scio from Dallas staff who works for them full-time? Can't believe that this person would know a vet clinic inside out.

Michelle, sorry to dampen you bubble...:nervous

ken

No. She and her husband, Ken, are out of the church and wish to remain that way. There is zero affiliation with Scientology. They both left the church about 5 to 6 years ago.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
No. She and her husband, Ken, are out of the church and wish to remain that way. There is zero affiliation with Scientology. They both left the church about 5 to 6 years ago.

Great to hear, thank-you for letting us know! :yes: