What's new

Scientology Accused Me of “Anti-Religious Bigotry” – Here’s My Response

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
[FONT=&amp]The Church of Scientology Accused Me of “Anti-Religious Bigotry" – Here’s My Response, by David G. McAfee.

No, I am not David G. McAfee. I am simply cross-posting an article written by another person.

Patheos; [/FONT]
"The Church of Scientology Accused Me of “Anti-Religious Bigotry” – Here’s My Response

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacr...ccused-anti-religious-bigotry-heres-response/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The Church of Scientology Accused Me of “Anti-Religious Bigotry” – Here’s My Response

August 2, 2017 by David G. McAfee 6 Comments

I recently visited the Church of Scientology’s secret underground nuclear-safe bunkers near my house, and wrote up the experience in a blog post. They didn’t like that very much, and they sent me an email accusing me of “anti-religious bigotry” (possibly hoping for an apology or retraction).

The international director for Scientologists Taking Action Against Discrimination (STAND), a recognized front group for the church, said my article describing my experiences walking around their compound amounts to “discrimination” against Scientologists. * * * *

[SNIP]

Here’s the email in full:

emwYfw8.jpg

[SNIP]

They also sent this exact email to Patheos.

[SNIP]

Here’s my complete reply:

K3LIe6R.jpg

[SNIP]

Parkin hasn’t yet responded to my email, but I’ll update this post if and when he does. In the meantime, I’m only sure of one thing: if they didn’t like my first article, they definitely won’t like this one. And the last thing they’d want you to do is share it around as much as humanly possible. ??

If you want to help support my work (and now possibly legal costs associated with this awkward encounter), please donate here: https://www.patreon.com/DavidGMcAfee

Any amount helps!
David

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think it's really funny that Scientologists these days are pushing this "faith based" and "religious beliefs" nonsense. Hubbard used to mock people who had "faith" or "beliefs". He said in Scientology you don't have to believe anything because it is scientific and all of its claims can be proven.

What's wrong with these wimpy Scientologists? Faith? Beliefs?:pfft:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think it's really funny that Scientologists these days are pushing this "faith based" and "religious beliefs" nonsense. Hubbard used to mock people who had "faith" or "beliefs". He said in Scientology you don't have to believe anything because it is scientific and all of its claims can be proven.

I thought the very same thing ... and almost choked with laughter on the "people of faith" line.

People of faith my arse. The only faith scientologists have anything in is the almighty $$$$$$$, they truly worship that.

:roflmao:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I thought the very same thing ... and almost choked with laughter on the "people of faith" line.

People of faith my arse. The only faith scientologists have anything in is the almighty $$$$$$$, they truly worship that.

:roflmao:

I remember the first time I heard a Scientologist say "my religion".

I don't know what my expression looked like at that very moment, but it felt as if I had scrunched up my face so that it was almost turning inside out with that "WTF DID I JUST HEAR?!" thought in my freeze-framed-brain.

Then, here and there, I heard Scientologists beginning to use terms like "faith" and "scripture" and the scrunching continued but the internal narrative changed to: "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!"

Not long after people started to use other holy terms (as if they were real things) like "Scientology Minister" and "Scientology Scripture". More mega scrunching as the loop playing inside my head arrived at: "NO FUCKING WAY---YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLLLLLY RETARDED!!!"

But they were serious.

Scientology was going through a tortured "re-birthing" of itself as a "religion".

What always fascinated me was that I wondered EVERY SINGLE TIME I heard such wacky nonsense if the speaker was just "playing along" with the tax-evasion caper or whether they actually believed it. I would say that for years I FORCED MYSELF to conclude that nobody could be that stupid---so they must just be "acting" to keep Scientology's tax status and public relations subterfuge in tact.

But, I was wrong.

Some of the parishioners really meant it. They suddenly thought they were in a religion with scripture. They had been so bamboozled and overwhelmed by senior management's "OPS" to trick the IRS and other government regulatory agencies, that Scientology parishioners actually started to believe the obvious lies.

I don't know what was going through my head at that point. I guess it was "THIS OT MIRACLE SHIT BETTER WORK BECAUSE THIS CULT DONE GONE ALL DORKY, CRINGEY & CREEPY!"

To this day when i see/hear COS spokespersons or parishioners parroting these buffoonish lies, I still think: "OMG, YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY STUPID, MR./MRS KNOWING HOW TO KNOW!"

I never got over the stupid in Scientology.

I'm trying to "run it out" on another thread (Le Thread Stupide!) but I can never to do that-- because there appears to be an infinite supply of stupid powered by an eternal battery--like Xenu's prison! LOL

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I remember the first time I hear a Scientologist say "my religion".

I don't know what my expression looked like at that very moment, but it felt as if I had scrunched up my face so that it was almost turning inside out with that "WTF DID I JUST HEAR?!" thought in my freeze-framed-brain.

Then, here and there, I heard Scientologists beginning to use terms like "faith" and "scripture" and the scrunching continued but the internal narrative changed to "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!"

Not long after people started to use other terms (as if they were real things) like "Scientology Minister" and "Scientology Scripture". More mega scrunching as the loop playing inside my hear arrived at "NO FUCKING WAY---YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLLLLLY RETARDED!!!"

But they were serious.

Scientology was going through a tortured "re-birthing" of itself as a "religion".

What always fascinated me was that I wondered EVERY SINGLE TIME I heard such wacky nonsense if the speaker was just "playing along" with the tax-evasion caper or whether they actually believed it. I would say that for years I FORCED MYSELF to conclude that nobody could be that stupid---so they must just be "acting" to keep Scientology's tax status and public relations subterfuge in tact.

But, I was wrong.

Some of the parishioners really meant it. They suddenly thought they were in a religion with scripture. They had been so bamboozled and overwhelmed by senior management's "OPS" to trick the IRS and other government regulatory agencies, that Scientology parishioners actually started to believe the obvious lies.

I don't know what was going through my head at that point. I guess it was "THIS OT MIRACLE SHIT BETTER WORK BECAUSE THIS CULT DONE GONE ALL DORKY, CRINGEY & CREEPY!"

To this day when i see/hear COS spokespersons or parishioners parroting these buffoonish lies, I still think: "OMG, YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY STUPID, MR./MRS KNOWING HOW TO KNOW!"

I'm trying to "run it out" on another thread (Le Thread Stupide!) but I can never to do that-- because there appears to be an infinite supply of stupid powered by an eternal battery--like Xenu's prison! LOL

I was there too HH ... I remember the order coming down (mid to late 70's ... SH) stating that (this is my interpretation but it's pretty close) anyone who had done the "Ministers course" (and had been ordained) was to immediately chuck the Ministerial garb on and start swanning around the joint looking pious and smug. No biggie there then ... they just needed to find the smock and a large cross on a chain and find them fast.

Also, anyone who had started or paid for the course was to immediately drop everything and get through it NOW, NOW, NOW, then get ordained and also start with the swanning and swishing around looking sanctimonious (and not at all ridiculous). That bit was not so easy as the course is huge and I believe it can take years to complete if done properly. I think they were given about 20-25 minutes to get it done ... which was very generous when you think about ... we're talking about the cult of "make it go right" after all. They also had to make sure their posts stats were up obviously.

Lol.

It turned out that there were some VIP's coming down and the show was being put on by the then GO (now OSA) to schmooze them ... the whole "we are a religion" thing was born and we were all suddenly parishioners wearing that astonished and slightly frozen expression that you mention above.

:nervous:

At the same time we were all ordered to start attending the Sunday service in the Chapel each week ... there were many stunned and confused little faces upon hearing that I can tell you, most of us had no idea what was happening but embarrassingly just did as we were told, as we always did.

I do recall knowing it was all being done purely for financial benefit, which of course it was ... but we played along and gradually any new people joining knew it to be a "religion" from the start.

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
I was there too HH ... I remember the order coming down (mid to late 70's ... SH) stating that (this is my interpretation but it's pretty close) anyone who had done the "Ministers course" (and had been ordained) was to immediately chuck the Ministerial garb on and start swanning around the joint looking pious and smug. No biggie there then ... they just needed to find the smock and a large cross on a chain and find them fast.
And I was there three, HH and trouble. I was in Calif in the 70s when the big order came down from high that we were to take our Only True Science of the Mind and dress it up as a religion so the gubbmint wouldn't shut us down. That's about when all the emeters got those little labels slapped on them saying that they weren't used to treat diseases.

We all understood it as window dressing, because we practiced a Science, dammit. I mean, it was developed by a gen-you-ine nuclear physicist!

HelluvaHoax!

Also, anyone who had started or paid for the course was to immediately drop everything and get through it NOW, NOW, NOW, then get ordained and also start with the swanning and swishing around looking sanctimonious (and not at all ridiculous). That bit was not so easy as the course is huge and I believe it can take years to complete if done properly. I think they were given about 20-25 minutes to get it done ... which was very generous when you think about ... we're talking about the cult of "make it go right" after all. They also had to make sure their posts stats were up obviously.

Lol.

It turned out that there were some VIP's coming down and the show was being put on by the then GO (now OSA) to schmooze them ... the whole "we are a religion" thing was born and we were all suddenly parishioners wearing that astonished and slightly frozen expression that you mention above.

:nervous:

At the same time we were all ordered to start attending the Sunday service in the Chapel each week ... there were many stunned and confused little faces upon hearing that I can tell you, most of us had no idea what was happening but embarrassingly just did as we were told, as we always did.

I do recall knowing it was all being done purely for financial benefit, which of course it was ... but we played along and gradually any new people joining knew it to be a "religion" from the start.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: 'ZACTLY WUT HAPPENED!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

At the org where I was on staff during the aforementioned religious revival, we developed our own ministerial garb, based on surveys. Turns out the public had a very positive and powerful button on FRIARS from the middle ages. So all staff dressed like this. . .

friar-tuck-16824.jpg

This is how we would greet new raw meat wogs as they were body routed
in the front door. With the right hand extended skyward in deference to
the Almighty, we would very loudly exclaim (at exhilaration on the tone scale):

"GREETINGS BROTHER/SISTER! WE WELCOME YOU
AFTER A LONG AND DIFFICULT JOURNEY ON THIS PRISON
PLANET! AT LONG LAST YOU HAVE FOUND US, AND BY SO
DOING, HAVE AVAILED YOURSELF OF SPIRITUAL SUCCOR!
SO LET US BEGIN YOUR TRANSCENDENCE INTO THE DIVINE
BY MY INTRODUCING YOU TO THE IMAGE OF OUR HOLY
MESSIAH RON, RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL, WEARING
A NAUTICAL COSTUME--MUCH LIKE WE BELIEVE JONAH
IN THE BIBLE WOULD HAVE WORN!"

Then we would 8C them over to the wall photo
of Ron and begin clapping until they joined in.

Once the mad clapping reached feverish,
fanatical levels, we would quickly
sign them up for a com course
or billion year contract.

footnote: No that's not a wide hair-band, it's a shaved head that we all did that was based on the survey. Wogs really wanted to see that
because it was like other religious friars they had seen in movies like Robin Hood.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

And I was there three, HH and trouble. I was in Calif in the 70s when the big order came down from high that we were to take our Only True Science of the Mind and dress it up as a religion so the gubbmint wouldn't shut us down. That's about when all the emeters got those little labels slapped on them saying that they weren't used to treat diseases.

We all understood it as window dressing, because we practiced a Science, dammit. I mean, it was developed by a gen-you-ine nuclear physicist!

Datz wut happen'd alright!!!

It was a remarkable event in the cult's history. The moment the loyal SCIENTIFIC SCIENTISTS OF THE SCIENTOLOGICAL SCIENCE SOCIETY were inadvertantly informed by management that it wasn't really a science.

"Whuuuutttt? Wait! It's a religion?! No, Really?! Seriously? Holy Hell!", the exasperated scientists' thoughts silently screamed out.

Management really really really did not intend to do that, but they were really hyper-focused on how to make it go right with tax evasion and money laundering, so they unthinkingly toppled a domino that took decades to catch up. But it eventually did start to backfire (lonnnnnng com lag, ain't it?!) when the scientists began blowing a couple decades later--and it was STILL in their minds that their lovely science society had been hijacked in the early/mid 70s by something "else".

It was perhaps subtle, in a way, but that was the day the science died.

A long long time ago
I can still remember how
That tech used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people F/N
And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver
With every declare I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about how our nuclear physicist lied
Something touched me deep inside
The day the science died
So

Bye, bye Miss'd Withhold and Blue Sky
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole Clears were drinking coolAid & barkin' Aye Aye
Singin' this'll be the day that I lie
This'll be the day that we'll give the religion angle a try

[video=youtube;uAsV5-Hv-7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U[/video]

Last edited:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I can tell you about what they wor$hip. There i$ no doubt in the mind$ of any who know of it. While I will not to$$ the fir$t $tone I would be happy to add my two cent$ worth to the di$cu$$ion.

They do not wor$hip a God.
They do not wor$hip an idol.
They do not wor$hip a religiou$ text.

They do wor$hip a man.
They do wor$hip an impo$$ible ideal.
They do wor$hip all they are told, true or not.

I ju$t don't under$tand why they can not $ee the truth of what it i$ all about.

:duh: :duh: :duh:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
This thread restimulated my reactive brain. I remember that era. That enforced religion angle only created more cognitive dissonance. It was another red flag on my road to eventually escaping the ever increasingly maddening cult. I remember doing the minister's course but all the while I still did not think of scio as a religion but at best more like an applied philosophy. I tucked the religion angle of it three feet back of my brain out of view.

I'm having a hard time processing the fact that I'm pretty sure I became an ordained minister at that time. How bizarre now perspective wise! I never took it seriously though. All I wanted was to do my auditing and training and become a super being with amazing abilities - not necessarily OT powers but to be far better at accomplishing things than your average wog. So if that meant going along with the religion angle I guess I had no choice. Fortunately I never had to don the minister garb but our E.D. did for Sunday Services or performing weddings.

I never once referred to scintolgoy (spelling?) as a religion since I didn't consider it to be. And goddess forbid I never referred to it as "my religion". When ever I heard someone refer to it that way I wanted to barf my guts out. That pretentious phrase sounded so damn fake.

Oh, if only I could have those wasted years back.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

I remember the first time I heard a Scientologist say "my religion".

Then, here and there, I heard Scientologists beginning to use terms like "faith" and "scripture" and the scrunching continued but the internal narrative changed to: "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!"

Not long after people started to use other holy terms (as if they were real things) like "Scientology Minister" and "Scientology Scripture". More mega scrunching as the loop playing inside my head arrived at: "NO FUCKING WAY---YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLLLLLY RETARDED!!!"

But they were serious.

But, I was wrong.

[FONT=&amp]I thought the very same thing ... and almost choked with laughter on the "people of faith" line.

:roflmao:[/FONT]

This thread restimulated my reactive brain. I remember that era. That enforced religion angle only created more cognitive dissonance. It was another red flag on my road to eventually escaping the ever increasingly maddening cult. I remember doing the minister's course but all the while I still did not think of scio as a religion but at best more like an applied philosophy. I tucked the religion angle of it three feet back of my brain out of view.

I'm having hard time processing the fact that I'm pretty sure I become an ordained minister at that time. How bizarre now perspective wise! I never took it seriously though. All I wanted was to do my auditing and training and become a super being with amazing abilities - not necessarily OT powers but to be far better at accomplishing things than your average wog. So if that meant going along with the religion angle I guess I had no choice. Fortunately I never had to don the minister garb but our E.D. did for Sunday Services or performing weddings.

I never once referred to scintolgoy (spelling?) as a religion since I didn't consider it to be. And goddess forbid I never referred to it as "my religion". When ever I heard someone refer to it that way I wanted to barf my guts out. That pretentious phrase sounded so damn fake.

Oh, if only I could have those wasted years back.

I have two responses to all of this LOL.

First, to complain that the Church of Scientology is hypocritical is like complaining that piranhas are hungry. Duh and so what? Bitching that the piranhas are hungry doesn't help you deal with fact they are chewing your leg off. Likewise, bitching that the Church of Scientology is being hypocritical seeking the protection of religious tolerance doesn't accomplish anything. You are really going to bring out a hoary copy of the Creation of Human Ability where LRH says Scientology is not a religion, or recount your decades old stories, and think that is going to convince anyone today? In the face of their detailed explanations of Theta and Thetans, the Dynamics, Ethics (yes, watered down), expert recognitions, government recognitions, and far, far, more importantly, inter-faith activities? Good luck with that.

"LOL" doesn't do anything -- except cause one to suffer from huristic complacency.

I've tried on this board to show how Scientology is making great efforts to embed itself in the larger religious community in the U.S. Why do you think they are doing that?

Secondly, come up to present time. In many respects, this is not your Scientology, much less your fathers'. One would be hard pressed to find an in good status Scientologist today, and particularly one under 30, i.e., the future, who does not honestly believe not only that Scientology is a religion, but their religion. They (unlike you were) are not faking. They (unlike you were) are not pretending. They believe they are practicing a religion, and someone who believes can be very convincing.

That is present time reality. Thinking that what you did and believed 20 or 30 or 40 years ago is and will always remain "the truth" and applicable is not helpful.

What? You're going to yell at the young'uns to get off your lawn?

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have two responses to all of this LOL.

First, to complain that the Church of Scientology is hypocritical is like complaining that piranhas are hungry. Duh and so what? Bitching that the piranhas are hungry doesn't help you deal with fact they are chewing your leg off. Likewise, bitching that the Church of Scientology is being hypocritical seeking the protection of religious tolerance doesn't accomplish anything. You are really going to bring out a hoary copy of the Creation of Human Ability where LRH says Scientology is not a religion, or recount your decades old stories, and think that is going to convince anyone today? In the face of their detailed explanations of Theta and Thetans, the Dynamics, Ethics (yes, watered down), expert recognitions, government recognitions, and far, far, more importantly, inter-faith activities? Good luck with that.

"LOL" doesn't do anything -- except cause one to suffer from huristic complacency.

I've tried on this board to show how Scientology is making great efforts to embed itself in the larger religious community in the U.S. Why do you think they are doing that?

Secondly, come up to present time. In many respects, this is not your Scientology, much less your fathers'. One would be hard pressed to find an in good status Scientologist today, and particularly one under 30, i.e., the future, who does not honestly believe not only that Scientology is a religion, but their religion. They (unlike you were) are not faking. They (unlike you were) are not pretending. They believe they are practicing a religion, and someone who believes can be very convincing.

That is present time reality. Thinking that what you did and believed 20 or 30 or 40 years ago is and will always remain "the truth" and applicable is not helpful.

What? You're going to yell at the young'uns to get off your lawn?

Speaking for myself I'll just say that for many, many years now it's been a struggle to think of anything to add to the board that is worth adding ... I simply ran out of things to say after a very short time (about 10 minutes) because once I finally left the cult I had zero real interest in the subject of scientology (past or present). I have a real life to live now.

When I joined ESMB I was (and I remain) heartbroken due to disconnection issues but as I staggered through the doors almost 9 years ago, I found some wonderful people who got it ... people who understood immediately and never once tried to pressure me to do anything I didn't want to do. I'm not ashamed to admit that I may have ended up having a nervous breakdown without this board. I also love seeing the cult being shredded into little pieces but that's an added bonus for me.

The overall vibe on ESMB is a healthy one, so I remain here talking useless crap (unlike you) just because I can and (as with everything) hope that the very occasional historical, silly story may add a new level of understanding for those who were not there and know nothing about how things came about.

In short ... you do what you do and I'll do what I do and don't you ever try and manipulate me again into behaving in the way that you believe I should, it isn't the first time you have done this but it needs to be the last (and if you want to storm off in a huff now please do so quietly and do NOT slam the door on the way out, nobody likes a door slammer).

:)

PS There are many threads that I imagine reach your expectations and I very much appreciate what you do here but it's the the humour and the fantastic friendships that bring me back and I suspect that's the same for many, kill that and the board will almost certainly die a very boring (but ordered and sanitised) slow death.

CommunicatorIC

Speaking for myself I'll just say that for many, many years now it's been a struggle to think of anything to add to the board that is worth adding ... I simply ran out of things to say after a very short time (about 10 minutes) because once I finally left the cult I had zero real interest in the subject of scientology (past or present). I have a real life to live now.

When I joined ESMB I was (and I remain) heartbroken due to disconnection issues but as I staggered through the doors almost 9 years ago, I found some wonderful people who got it ... people who understood immediately and never once tried to pressure me to do anything I didn't want to do. I'm not ashamed to admit that I may have ended up having a nervous breakdown without this board. I also love seeing the cult being shredded into little pieces but that's an added bonus for me.

The overall vibe on ESMB is a healthy one, so I remain here talking useless crap (unlike you) just because I can and (as with everything) hope that the very occasional historical, silly story may add a new level of understanding for those who were not there and know nothing about how things came about.

In short ... you do what you do and I'll do what I do and don't you ever try and manipulate me again into behaving in the way that you believe I should, it isn't the first time you have done this but it needs to be the last (and if you want to storm off in a huff now please do so quietly and do NOT slam the door on the way out, nobody likes a door slammer).

:)

PS There are many threads that I imagine reach your expectations and I very much appreciate what you do here but it's the the humour and the fantastic friendships that bring me back and I suspect that's the same for many, kill that and the board will almost certainly die a very boring (but ordered and sanitised) slow death.

Yes, I realize I am the one yelling, "Get off my lawn."

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I remember being told, circa '72, it was a church for a tax dodge & we had to be ministers & wear collars to do our part to carry it off.

So, as an HGC auditor, I wore the damn collar when auditing public, but, when I has SO PCs I didn't have to wear the collar. Weird ?

As a wise friend shared with me long after we were out : " Don't you know that we were the 'WHO'. We were what was wrong with scn. We helped keep it going. "

The onion I'm peeling sure does have too many rotten spots.

BTW, IMHO, some of the posters on this thread are among the finest people to ever be in of that group & they each know of what they speak.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
:clapping::clapping::clapping: 'ZACTLY WUT HAPPENED!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

At the org where I was on staff during the aforementioned religious revival, we developed our own ministerial garb, based on surveys. Turns out the public had a very positive and powerful button on FRIARS from the middle ages. So all staff dressed like this. . .

friar-tuck-16824.jpg

This is how we would greet new raw meat wogs as they were body routed
in the front door. With the right hand extended skyward in deference to
the Almighty, we would very loudly exclaim (at exhilaration on the tone scale):

"GREETINGS BROTHER/SISTER! WE WELCOME YOU
AFTER A LONG AND DIFFICULT JOURNEY ON THIS PRISON
PLANET! AT LONG LAST YOU HAVE FOUND US, AND BY SO
DOING, HAVE AVAILED YOURSELF OF SPIRITUAL SUCCOR!
SO LET US BEGIN YOUR TRANSCENDENCE INTO THE DIVINE
BY MY INTRODUCING YOU TO THE IMAGE OF OUR HOLY
MESSIAH RON, RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL, WEARING
A NAUTICAL COSTUME--MUCH LIKE WE BELIEVE JONAH
IN THE BIBLE WOULD HAVE WORN!"

Then we would 8C them over to the wall photo
of Ron and begin clapping until they joined in.

Once the mad clapping reached feverish,
fanatical levels, we would quickly
sign them up for a com course
or billion year contract.

footnote: No that's not a wide hair-band, it's a shaved head that we all did that was based on the survey. Wogs really wanted to see that
because it was like other religious friars they had seen in movies like Robin Hood.

LOL! You said "spiritual succor".

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was posted as "Chaplain" at the NY Org in the early '70"s, conducted Sunday Service and a host of other religious cloaking activities.
The "Ministers Course" that I completed took about 3 hours, after which I was "ordained" by the 'Reverend" Colin Thorne.
I was sent to a store near St. Patricks Cathedral to buy my clerical garb. The Guardians Office was responsible for overseeing this program. We all knew it was a phony, smoke and mirrors elaborate game that's been running for over 50 years. A huge lie, intended to deceive everyone, including ourselves.

Yesterday, Pastor Willy Rice spoke the truth about the dangerous and fraudulent nature of Scientology to his congregation.

God bless him; he is one very brave Pastor, and his recognition that there is NOTHING sacred in Scientology will resonate strongly.

Scientology is utterly PROFANE. And that's the God's honest truth.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Possibly a slight derail of this thread, but on the subject of religious bigotry it had just occurred to me that if anyone in the USA said that they didn't believe in god they would have absolutely no chance of being elected to public office, whereas in the UK if somebody said that they DID believe, it would probably do more harm than good to their prospects.